Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

On 8/18/2020 at 5:26 PM, Featherhat said:

And I'll always think it was some left over hijinks from when this 5 year relationship arc was planned with Laurel because it would have made so much more sense.

Without question which is why they should have gone a different way when they chose to keep it. If Laurel were still the endgame love interest then the William reveal would bring all of the pre-Gambit betrayals and hurt screaming back with an added bonus that Oliver was still keeping big secrets. Everything that unfolded would have been understandable if it were still Laurel. Keeping the original story plan but just subbing in Felicity was the mistake. The Oliver who liked Felicity from jump, who quickly came to trust her with his life by bringing her into his secret, who genuinely cared for her long before the relationship became romantic, that Oliver would have told Felicity (and Diggle) about William immediately. It wouldn't even have been about her being his girlfriend and William's future step-mom but about knowing she can be trusted with major news and would help him find the right path to navigate. We saw how fast she and William took to each other when they were finally allowed to spend time together in season 6. That should have started in season 4 when Oliver found out. The issue should have been about Moira paying Samantha to keep it a secret and Samantha objecting to Oliver pursuing his parental rights. It was the perfect time for Oliver to fight a more personal battle than a vigilante related one. So they went with the Laurel plan which didn't really make sense and definitely didn't work.

• Love 9

DC Fandome has now been split into two days: "DC Fandome: Hall of Heroes" (mostly movies) is still scheduled for Aug. 22; however, "DC Fandome: Explore the Multiverse" (mostly TV shows in WatchVerse, both film & TV bts features in InsiderVerse) has been moved to Sep. 12 (on demand for 24 hours) - here's the new schedule that pertains (or might pertain) to Arrow (all times listed below are EST)...

DC FANDOME: HALL OF HEROES, Saturday, August 22 (Hall of Heroes)*

(* These panels have encores later the same day/night/next day - see schedule.)

2:15pm    Multiverse 101 - Panel
Get schooled in this engaging refresher course on the creation of the Multiverse with DC Chief Creative Officer/Publisher Jim Lee, Warner Bros. Pictures President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and Berlanti Productions founder/DCTV mega-producer Greg Berlanti. 30 min

4:45pm    Surprise DC Comics Panel

--------------------------------------------------------------------

DC FANDOME: EXPLORE THE MULTIVERSE, Saturday, September 12 (WatchVerse)

No Arrow-related panels (I think).

DC FANDOME: EXPLORE THE MULTIVERSE, Saturday, September 12 (InsiderVerse)

1:00pm (24 hours)    A Look Behind the Music
[No description]

1:00pm (24 hours)    Arrow - Pilot EPK
A truly exclusive opportunity as an insider to see behind-the-scenes and hear from the creative team during the filming of the Arrow pilot episode. 5 min On Demand

1:00pm (24 hours)    Behind the Scenes of the Arrowverse Crossover - Panel
Multi-hyphenate Marc Guggenheim joins The Flash first assistant director Phil Chipera, Batwoman costume designer Maya Mani, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow property master Lynda Chapple, and Batwoman/The Flash/Supergirl senior visual effects supervisor Armen Kevorkian to discuss the detailed and meticulous behind-the-scenes efforts that went into making the mega-crossover event “Crisis on Infinite Earths” happen. The talented group will offer exclusive and insider stories for fans that only those on working on set have been privy to. 15 min

1:00pm (24 hours)    Returning to the Roots of Arrow: Prometheus
Okay, DC InsiderVerse, get ready to return to the roots of Arrow, as Oliver Queen faced his dark past in the form of the villain Prometheus! 20 min On Demand

1:00pm (24 hours)    The Super Designers Behind the Super Suits - Panel
From the golden hue of Wonder Woman’s armor to the laser-printed fabric that makes up Batwoman’s Batsuit and the electrifying wardrobe inside Harley Quinn’s closet, take a fashion deep dive into the unparalleled looks across DC films and television. Costume designer Trayce Gigi Field (2 Broke Girls) speaks with Lindy Hemming (Wonder Woman films, The Dark Knight films), Erin Benach (Birds of Prey) and four-time Academy Award®-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood as they explore their different creative processes and design techniques behind the styles of your favorite DC characters. 20 min

DC FANDOME: EXPLORE THE MULTIVERSE, Saturday, September 12 (YouVerse)

1:00pm (24 hours)    Fan Q&A with Cast and Crew of WBTV DCTV Series
The cast and crew of more than a dozen WBTV DCTV series answer fan questions.

1:00pm (24 hours)    Greg Berlanti Reacts to Fan Art
"Arrowverse" and DCTV executive producer Greg Berlanti reacts to fan art inspired by some of DC's biggest moments and characters. 3 min On Demand.

Edited by tv echo

KM said that she's started auditioning again (even though she's still in self-quarantine). She also talked about her character in the new Stephen King's The Stand mini-series as being "absolutely awful" and part of the "bad guy team." No mention of the spinoff...

NB: "What is the state of affairs in Hollywood? ... What is going on? What does it look like? What does the future look like?"
KM: "It was ground to a halt for a good long while and I think, you know, I was working on a lot of developing of different projects and things that have kind of been just treading water, any way we can creatively... But actually, people have found ways to start to do things. I've started to audition for things more now and, you know, some real movement's been happening. But I did actually shoot a movie during quarantine without ever leaving my house." (Some talk about her Untitled Horror Movie project.)

Sassenach Scotch with Kat McNamara
Shaken & Stirred  (Nigel Barker and Tom Astor)    
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/shaken-stirred/id1455145047?i=1000488680104
https://anchor.fm/shaken-and-stirred/episodes/Sassenach-Scotch-with-Kat-McNamara-eid2qa

Kat McNamara, star of Shadowhunters & Arrow, joins Nigel and Tom for some libations to talk about her acting during quarantine, social media fans and Bob, The Quarantine Boyfriend.

Edited by tv echo

I assume they aren't going forward with the spin off, at least as it was originally conceived, although it's strange MG says it's up to DC to announce it in that case, why can't he or Kat just say "yeah it's not happening". Maybe they will at Fandome. Or announce if they've retooled it or KC is joining LOT or something.  

38 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I assume they aren't going forward with the spin off, at least as it was originally conceived, although it's strange MG says it's up to DC to announce it in that case, why can't he or Kat just say "yeah it's not happening". Maybe they will at Fandome. Or announce if they've retooled it or KC is joining LOT or something.  

My speculation (based on nothing) is that they want to soften the blow by simultaneously announcing that one or more of the spinoff stars will be starring in a new DC TV series or joining an existing DC TV series and that the delay is due to the negotiations not yet being completed on that other project. Or, as you say, maybe they are waiting for DC Fandome..

ETA: I've re-posted these KM comments in the Green Arrow & The Canaries thread here.

Edited by tv echo

From Score The Podcast's interview with Arrowverse composer Blake Neely...

-- Blake Neely said that, last year, he had 10 TV series (including but not limited to the Arrowverse superhero shows) that he was working on, though he was acting like a music "showrunner" for a lot of these shows and supervising the music composers. He also said that it's been an evolution: for many years, it was just him or just him and an assistant; and now there are teams of people working on the sounds and music for these shows.

-- BN: "What I did when I started designing the sounds for Arrow, I'm like, okay, I'm going to have like a sound palette that is specifically Arrow. Then he's going to have a theme. And then there's going to be a specific like ostinado for him. Um, and for the non-music listeners, an ostinado is like a rhythmic figure. Um, and if I do it right, I can use any of those elements and it'll still sound like Arrow. So when we got to The Flash, same thing. Supergirl, same thing. So then - because people are always like, how do you do the mashups, the crossover? It's like, well, then it becomes easy. So I'll use the Flash sound palette with Arrow's ostinado but Supergirl's theme, and then you have a mashup. And those are - those are the hardest episodes but the funnest to do. And this year we did a five-part crossover, which was epic. Um, yeah, it's challenging."

-- BN: "On Arrow... Greg - I'd written this long, like 11-minute suite, uh, while they were filming, based on the script, and Greg had come over and listened and was like, this would be great... But it was only he and I working on it. So I was - there were other producers involved. And I think the story you're referring to is, I had, um, taken bits of that suite and given it to the editor, and they were throwing it in temping. And, um, a trick that I learned from Zimmer. And - and so then when the other producers came in, they're like, oh, where'd you find this... Oh, this is - this is the Arrow music. This is what Blake's been working on... So then - then I went and scored it. But, um, yeah, very helpful if you can get them to temp with your own stuff specifically for that show. If you can get in early enough to write, you know?"

#14 | Blake Neely's college suggested he quit music
Epicleff Media    Aug 19, 2020

Robert [Kraft] and Kenny [Holmes] begin the show with special guest, Matt Schrader discussing the season finale release of Blockbuster and checking Score: The Mailbox, with questions about composer compensation, live-to-picture film music concerts and how to present music to a director.

Later, Emmy-nominated composer Blake Neely joins the show to share how he overcame the early doubters, the excitement of scoring superhero crossover episodes like Arrow and The Flash, why his relationship with Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman is all about trust, the secret to scoring the tension in Greyhound and advice on preparing aspiring composers for rejection.

Edited by tv echo

KM has mentioned a couple times now she isn’t done with Mia. I wonder if she already has reassurances that they are bringing her back for future appearances (regardless of the spin off). I don’t think I’ve heard JH or KC allude to that. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Chaser said:

KM has mentioned a couple times now she isn’t done with Mia. I wonder if she already has reassurances that they are bringing her back for future appearances (regardless of the spin off). I don’t think I’ve heard JH or KC allude to that. 

Possibly, we know MG has talked about using LOT or another show to rescue William if it didn't happen and tie up some of the other ends. KM also posted something about going temporarily dark and I wondered if she needed the blonde for Mia soonish. But that's probably hugely reaching because she's just normally blonde. Maybe she's just putting it out there that she'd like to come back just in a general hope and they have vague plans for it. Or on the end of the scale she's just auditioning because even if they did pick or have picked it up it would only be for a very short order starting next year? I mean I assume it's dead but the limbo is just weird, even for an already very unusual season. My enthusiasm went way, way down when I realised they didn't have BL, JDJ or the others on contract but I still want to know what's going on. 

Although I also have visions of @tv echo being right and contracts are being worked out for someone (KC) to be added full time to LOT, which is something I've been paranoid about with no proof since the back door pilot was announced and the idea that she would be the last one out the door come hell or high water seemed right on course. Retooling it into a straight "Canaries" pilot she pitched without Mia and FTA would bug me less than BS on LOT (although I would still roll my eyes), since I just wouldn't watch it. The 100 spin off hasn't had yes/no announced yet either. 

Interesting (but long) interview with JDJ...

INRMFB #12 Joseph David Jones
imnotracistmyfriendsblack   Aug 21, 2020

Joseph David Jones is an American Actor featured on Arrow, Nashville, the movie Detroit and Allegianz

-- JDJ: "I was supposed to be in that crossover ['Crisis On Infinite Earths'] ... I had a big episode, um, like in the episode before the crossover and I was doing the scenes for that. And they ended up having to like reschedule because like Ruby Rose got injured."

Edited by tv echo

EXCLUSIVE: Composers Nathan Blume & Blake Neely talk superhero music in The Arrowverse
Movers & Shakers Unlimited    August 22, 2020
https://www.facebook.com/MoveNShakeUnltd/videos/315413503107608/

-- Interviewer Brandon Troy asked how they got involved with The Flash and the Arrowverse.
Blake Neely:
"It actually started with Arrow, and Flash was the spinoff in the second season of Arrow... And Nathan and I have been doing it since episode 1 of Arrow together... When Greg said, oh, we're going to keep spinning off, we're going to add Supergirl, we're going to add Legends of Tomorrow, it just got nuts. I mean, the Arrowverse, as they call it, expanded."

-- Interviewer BT asked about their journey in continuing to evolve from Arrow (the Iron Man of the Arrowverse) into the other shows, including coming up with new themes for new elements and new relationships between the shows' characters.
Nathaniel Blume:
"I should also say that, uh, I did start from episode 1 with Blake on Arrow. But, um, then came Flash and then Supergirl. And over time, our team has expanded as well. And Blake has touched all of those shows. And I've been there in some capacity. But there's also Daniel Chan and Sherri Chung, who are big members of the team as well."
BN: "At first, the way we set it up was, everybody was sort of working on all the shows. And, I think it was around season 3 of Flash, right? Nathan? That we were like, this is way too confusing... Although we all loved the shows and no one wanted to drop one of them, we kinda split up, and Nathan and I took Arrow and Flash, Dan and I took Supergirl and Legends, and Sherri went on to Riverdale and Blindspot... Nathan, you can speak to this, too, but, uh, we - we had to say goodbye to Arrow this year, and that was particularly difficult to do. You get really attached to the characters and the themes... You know, somehow that will live on through the other shows. And if he appears, maybe. I mean, he's dead, so he probably won't appear. Uh, but it was - it was hard to put one to bed and just say goodbye."
NB: "Yeah, for sure. Um, but it was fun - it was a great last season. We got to kinda re-live the - the highlights of the whole series, um, episode by episode, and it was a nice little goodbye."
BN: "We said this time last year, we looked at each other, we high-fived and said, it's going to be a greatest hits year - season. Bring on all the greatest hits."
NB: "Yep. And we were able to do that. Give that show a nice send-off. Yeah, just when we think, surely, no one is going to want another DC comic book show, yet another one comes out, and there's a hunger for it. People want it. So it's - it's just crazy, um, how big it has gotten."

-- Interviewer BT asked whether ending Arrow was easier knowing that there was carryover with some characters moving on elsewhere to other shows and still having a "throughline" to other shows within the same universe.
BN:
"Oh, yeah. In fact, there was a - and I don't think it's completely gone yet - but there was going to be a spinoff of - of - with - with some of the women of Arrow. Uh, there's going to be Green Arrow and the - what was it? Green Arrow and the what?"
NB: "Canaries."
BN: "Oh - and the Canaries. And that might still happen. But, as Nathan said, the DC canon is so deep that, you know, they'll just grab another character and say, what about this one? And Greg's amazing at - uh, I mean, he knows comic books like no one I know. And, uh, he can say - you know, he came up with Green Arrow. I've loved Batman, Spider-Man - not Spider-Man, I'm a DC guy. I've loved Batman and Superman and all those guys. And he pulls out, to start us off, Green Arrow, which is sort of a - I mean, he was a known character, but not the most popular - and made it into, everybody knows that character now. So he'll continue to do that, and dig deep into the repertoire."
NB: "Yeah. And you never know who's going to show up on what show. And, of course, the crossovers are always fair game for anything, too."
BN: "I thought you were going to say nightmare...I mean, [unintelligible word] there was five episodes crossed over, um, and it was fun because Sherri got to come back in 'cause she does Batwoman with me, so it was the team of four, we're doing the crossovers together and we each worked on each of the five episodes, because everyone's - it was massive this year. ... I said to Nathan a few years ago, who would've thought we'd get to score the character Superman? ... I remember texting Greg and saying, hey, you want to try to use John Williams' Superman theme, or do you want a new one? And he said, no, I want a new one. And I just kinda went into a fetal position and, you know, oh, my God, here we go. But, like Nathan said, you never know who's going to show up... I mean, we got Batman - we got Old Batman in the crossover, but we did get Batman this year."

-- Interviewer BT asked about delegating and "juggling" the work load for all of these shows in the Arrowverse.
BN:
"Well, it is a luxury to have such a talented team, combining and putting our heads together. And one thing that is - that I find amazing, um, is, we also check each other. We're sort of like the 'tune police.' I remember this season on, um, Supergirl, I was writing - I was writing this villain theme and I was really happy with it. And Daniel came down and said, hey, that's Captain Cold's theme, you just rewrote it again. I'm like, ugh, man... Yeah, we do that with each other. Nathan, you can talk about the puzzle pieces that they are."
NB: "Yeah, I think, on each individual show, then, there's the puzzle piece of - um, I mean, I guess, at the start of each season, is where we kind of get off on the right foot. And it might be like, you know, one of us will take the villain theme, and another maybe take - there's maybe a new aspect to the team, so there might sort of be a twist or a new team theme. And then, I think from there, that's kind of how it gets delegated. So, whenever that villain is on screen, then, you know, whoever wrote that theme kind of like takes - takes that on. Um, and then there might be a certain point in the season where we're like, okay, I'm really, really tired of writing that [unintelligible words], so you just take it."
BN: "Yeah, there was a storyline this year on The Flash and Nathan had been taking it, and I - and he just said one week, he goes, man, I don't think I have any more ideas for that storyline. I go, well, I'll take it, it'll be fun. And then - and then, by the second half of the season, we've got two different ideas going and it just becomes a - I mean, it's really nice. You know, it's like, I'm just kinda tired of wearing that shirt."
NB: "Right... That's a fun aspect of it. But then, since we've brought up the crossovers before, that's where it gets really crazy. And we usually look to Blake to definitely be the quarterback there... It's a massive puzzle for him to put together, because you're - you're kinda dealing with, um, each of our individual shows that we normally work on. But then it's also spread across the boards, so, um, it gets a little complicated."
BN: "And this year, Greg and Marc wanted to use classic DC themes as well. So we had Danny Elfman's Batman, we had John Williams' Superman, we had, um, the original Neal Hefti Batman theme. It was just Easter eggs all over - sound Easter eggs all over the place. So, you know, it was like, is this my Superman theme or John's Superman theme? Is this Nathan's Batman or Danny's Batman? ... So you just figure it out... But it's fun... Going into it, we're always like, oh, my God, this is going to be a nightmare. And we always are sad when it's over, because it's so much fun to do... You're making a movie every time you do a crossover. It's a feature-length movie."

-- Interviewer BT asked whether they'll keep the same Batwoman theme for the new Batwoman or whether they'll revisit that theme and make it a new theme for the new Batwoman.
BN:
"So Batwoman is Batwoman. Uh, Batwoman is the - when whoever puts that cowl on, that's Batwoman. And that's where the Batwoman theme won't change... Kate Kane... she had a theme. And the new will have a theme. Their sort of human, you know, personal street identity theme. But I think, once they put on the cape, you go back to the Batwoman theme. Will it be different? Of course. It'll be the same theme, yes, but it'll be slightly different, because they can't be exactly the same. But, um, yeah. That's my take on it. ... Much like if, you know, Superman - each iteration of Superman has had pretty much the same theme. Now the difference is that that's still a Clark Kent, just a different actor. This is a whole different person. So, it'll be interesting." 

-- Some talk about the logistical and other difficulties of music composing, orchestrating and recording during the covid-19 pandemic.
BN:
"Here we whine about it. I haven't worked since May, so - I'm rested. I'm ready."
NB: "We had stuff that we had already filmed out. So we worked for a while into the - into the quarantine, um, the stay-at-home orders, I should say... Now we're looking at - when's filming going to start? When are we going to start?"
BN: "End of September."
NB: "So, yeah... Fingers crossed, that everything gets up and going safely... Yeah. So we shall see."

Edited by tv echo

Big change in approach by DC to character permissions for TV and film - also, Oliver apparently affected more than just the Arrowverse (and DC loves Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim)...

DC FanDome's "Multiverse 101" panel (starts at around the 2:00 mark)...

(GameCorpCrew On YouTube)

Panelists:

• Moderator Tiffany Smith (TS) 
  • DC Chief Creative Officer/Publisher Jim Lee (JL)
  • Warner Bros. Pictures President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada (WH)
  • Berlanti Productions founder/DCTV mega-producer Greg Berlanti (GB)

-- Mod TS: "Jim... Crisis On Infinite Earths brought the multiverse to fans. ... What exactly is the DC Multiverse, for people who may not know?"
JL:
Yeah, um, I think when people think about superheroes, you know, they know the names, the costumes, the powers, the origins, and it kind of tends to be this sort of monolithic, kind of thing. But one of the things that really is distinct and unique to DC is that it's the first large work of fiction that has leaned upon this idea that we are not alone. We have this reality, this Earth, but that there are alternate realities that sit, side by side, with. And they're an infinite number. And on each of these different Earths, we exist, but maybe in slightly different variations, right? We might be, uh, a different gender on another planet, or we might be furry creatures, and this extends to all the superheroes. So you start seeing this kind of endless spectrum of characters that you can create. And so it allows us to have the freedom and, uh, to create different versions, and then lean upon that canon as we, you know, change up the mythology and the pantheon of characters to better reflect the true diversity and inclusivity that our audiences want and our audiences live in."

-- Mod TS: "Greg... How do you feel that the Multiverse really informed the story that you tell through DC TV?"
GB:
"I would say, when we started out just with Arrow eight, nine years ago now, uh, it wasn't, uh - it wasn't our intention to replicate what everyone had done so brilliantly in comics. And it wasn't until, uh, The Flash came along and - and we tried in the pilot of The Flash to put the two of them on screen together that I remember watching that first scene of the two of them together and thinking, like, oh, wow, this makes me feel like the DC books made me feel. Like, 1 plus 1 equals 3... The other thing it allows for, is the vastness - you really feel the vastness of - of these different worlds. And I think it adds to their - uh, the importance of these heroes and the myth of them. Uh, and that's been really exciting. And - and again, surprise - the element of surprise. If the universe that we're all - that everyone's constructing, the different showrunners and creators and directors, and, uh, obviously with Walter and Jim helping shepherd all of it, you know, if it can go to all those different places and still be tethered together, I think, just as an audience member - just as an audience member, I want to show up and not know, like, who might I see here. You know? And I think that's incredibly exciting."

-- Mod TS said that she and fans have loved seeing different versions of the same characters on TV.
GB:
"Yeah, it's a lot of fun for the actors. They love it when they play a villain version of themself from another planet. Everyone loves to play a villain."

-- Mod TS asked GB to talk about everything leading up to Crisis On Infinite Earths (Crisis), which they didn't set out to do originally, and when they got to the point of really talking about this crossover.
GB:
"Well, really it was, so much of our motto behind the scenes was to try and create episodes and seasons and shows that we would want to watch. And so it just inevitably kind of kept going in that direction... One of my fellow EPs, Marc Guggenheim, is - is my own personal encyclopedia for a lot of knowledge of these things and was really, uh, you know, the centerpiece of, production-wise, pulling the scope of those things together. And I would be remiss if I didn't just say how - how much his own passion for all that has been, you know, very inspiring. But - but, you know, we just sort of kept, you know, just, uh, building block by block. And then truly in the last couple of years, and again, working with Walter and with Jim, uh, it's really just - it's kind of taken a whole new level. We never thought we'd even be allowed to do Crisis, you know? That was a pipe dream. Uh, we just kind of kept finding new ways to get all of our characters together. And then, you know, the year before, we did Crisis. We said, what if we just said, coming next year, Crisis? ... And everyone was like, okay, you can say that. And I was like, well, I guess they've approved it.... It was really epic. I mean, there were so many, obviously, you know - so many Easter eggs and so many little characters. But then, you know, the guy's calling about, saying that, if we could - could we fit in possibly Ezra? Is that a possibility? That's really comb - for the first time historically, combining a TV character and a film character in that way, you know, is - I think it feels like the beginning of a whole new generation of how we can begin to do these things... Just as a storyteller, that's really, really exciting."

-- Mod TS: "Can you talk a little about what's going to happen post-Crisis On Infinite Earths?"
GB:
"Because certain worlds have been combined, we're - we're mindful of that now, um, you know, in terms of how that will affect certain shows. And, you know, in terms of what our crossover event will be next year, um, I think, truly because of covid right now and the pandemic, we're - our aspirations aren't quite as large. We'd just like to start shooting again. That would be, you know, nice... Happy to invite any feature, uh, characters that, uh, the guys will have on."

-- Mod TS asked how the Ezra Miller cameo in the Crisis TV crossover happened.
WH
said that they'd been developing the Flash movie script for a while with Ezra and leaning into the Multiverse idea and that JL asked if Ezra would ever do the Crisis crossover. So WH called Ezra and before he even finished his pitch, Ezra said, I'm in, tell me when, where. WH also said that Ezra was just such a fan of the Flash character and understood the importance of his character in this Multiverse idea. 
JL added that he was in a meeting with Peter Roth and Peter said that he would talk to GB about this Ezra cameo and that it was "last minute."
GB interjected that they had already shot the crossover and were editing it. He joked that his reaction was, "Can the Flash also bring us back in time to do this?"
JL said that he realized the importance of having this cameo, in terms of the Multiverse, and that they had to track down the Flash costume for Ezra ("luckily he still fit in it") and that Peter spoke with GB and "Greg graciously allowed us to do this at the last minute." 
JL: "And Marc wrote dialogue at the last second and sent it over. It had to be vague enough to not create too many expectations, but kind of solidify the fact that this was happening, that these Flashes are both the Flash in different universes. And, the cool thing is, Ezra's Flash was never named the Flash in the movies. He got his name from meeting Grant, who knew he was the Flash. Like, that's so cool to have that introduction into the canon. Right? And so, that was it. And it came together at the last minute. And, uh, you know, it worked out great. Those guys kinda improvised the lines and it was -"
GB: "Definitely improvised."
JL: "It was touching and funny and - and - it was just a great moment. And then when it went live, man, it just - people's heads exploded."
GB added that a lot of people who worked on that episode didn't know about the Ezra cameo and, when it aired, they asked GB if he kept it a secret from them. GB had to tell them that they "just did it last week."
WH: "I think, up to this point, we were very - the company was just organized in a way that TV was TV and film was film. And oftentimes, DC and Jim was sort of the arbiter of, like, hey, they want to use this character, are you using this character? ... And it became this like really weird situation where the fans don't - they love the characters. They just want to see the characters. And this sort of opens the door for us to do more crossover, to really lean into this idea, and just acknowledge the fact that there can be a Flash on TV and one in the movies, and you don't have to pick one or the other. You can love both. And they both exist in this great Multiverse. And - and I do think that, moving forward, there's more opportunities for us to do things like this. And really, it - it - at the end of the day, it's about the fans, and I think the fans want to see it. And it gives us a way to sort of explore maybe some different stories and different ideas, and use the medium in a different way than it's been used thus far."

-- Mod TS: "We can just dive in a little more into the film - DC films. Walter, for you, what does the Multiverse really mean?"
WH:
"What the Multiverse allows you to do is sort of lean into this idea of, you can tell just great stories, and you don't really have to be as focused on, it has to fit within a singular continuity. On one Earth, we have our Gal and Jason and Ezra version of the Justice League, uh, and we can continue telling those stories, while on a separate Earth, we don't have to worry about the continuity. We can have a more grounded, real, Year Two Batman, and build out that world and not really worry about continuity story elements and et cetera. And so it's really kind of the best of both worlds and allows us to take advantage of everything that's great about what we've done and really allow us to sort of expand, moving forward. Um, and we're trying to keep it as simple as that. Like, there is that one Earth, the greater Earth that's sort of this existing Justice League, and then the beginnings of another Earth that is sort of happening, that's early stages of Year Two Batman. And obviously, there's outliers like Joker, which doesn't exist in either Earth. But that's okay. It's all part of the Multiverse. Matt Reeves can continue to build out his Gotham, uh, and he's got great plans on how he's going to build it out in a way that's sort of innovative. And they announced recently that - that there's the idea of taking that Gotham and exploring it at HBO Max as a show. Like, those are things that you can do because we don't have to worry about how that would impact Aquaman 2 or how that would impact The Flash. And so, I think it just opens doors for us in ways you couldn't have if you have a singular universe."

-- Mod TS read Fan Q: "Now that Doomsday Clock has concluded, will we see any more of Alan Moore's comic characters cross over with the DC Multiverse?"
JL:
"Probably less on the crossover side. You don't want to, you know, dip into the well too often and make it too regular a thing. It becomes too commonplace. You want to save it for really big, epic storylines where you've got great creators like Geoff Johns, who's able to come in and, uh, really deliver, you know, a story worthy of that kind of concept. Um, but we are - there's a spinoff - uh, there's that Rorschach series that Tom King's writing. It's not like necessarily a crossover per se, but we are exploring more of the Watchmen universe. It's obviously, uh, got kind of a second life with the, uh, HBO TV series. And, uh, so it's been kind of fun exploring that. Um, but that's all I can share at this point."

-- Mod TS read Fan Q: "The Crisis On Infinite Earths finale showed that the multiverse is gone and there exists only one universe and one Earth, Earth-Prime. But other shows like Titans, Doom Patrol, and DC still goes on. Is the multiverse actually gone or is it re-created?"
GB:
"It's not gone... That was to really help us - sort of like the original vers - reason for Crisis, when they were like, oh, we have too many worlds, let's start combining things for the purpose of the books. Uh, I think for the purposes of The CW, those worlds are - are now one. Um, but off - off network is like being off planet, in a different part of the Multiverse. But it - it's still alive and flourishing."

-- Mod TS read Fan Q: "Will we get more Multiverse movies or even Elseworlds movies, like Superman: Red Son?"
WH:
"Yeah, the possibility is there... It really comes down to - like I said, our focus is great stories. And so, if we come across the right filmmaker with an interesting story, it doesn't work within our existing timeline and, uh, it would work as an Elseworld, we would definitely explore it. I can say we're not currently developing Red Son, so, uh, that isn't one of them. But it really comes down to when the right filmmaker or the right idea comes together, that's the beauty of multiverses, we can explore it. We can go down the road and - and - and take a shot at it. But it - what we don't want to do is be in a place, like Jim was saying, it should be special... I don't think you want an Elseworld movie every year, uh, like clockwork. Like, it would be much better for it to be a special thing. And we also want them to be great. We want them to be special. We want to make sure that it doesn't sort of feel like we're just cranking out a volume of different versions of these characters. There has to be a reason for it. And I think it has to be a reason that - that we're excited about, that we think the fans will be excited about. So, yes. The answer is, yes, there will be opportunities. That one is not one we are currently exploring."

-- Mod TS read Fan Q: "With the existence of the DC Multiverse, how do you approach managing a wide variety of characters, stories, and universes for DC? And how would you work to keep the audience connected with such a large variety of characters and stories?"
JL:
"I think that is the challenge. There are so many characters, so many versions. But we have, you know, people through film, TV, you know, uh, within Berlanti's company that we - these are the assets we - we - we track and try to make sure there aren't inconsistencies and that we, um, you know, are constantly communicating between ourselves, so that we deliver something that is satisfying and, uh, maybe paints a bigger picture. And now that this has been established, this Multiverse across all the content, um, I think there's going to be a greater need for coordination to kind of deliver cooler surprises going forward. But, you know, I just want to thank and applaud, you know, Greg for really laying the groundwork for all this, because they didn't have to do this. You know, from what I hear from Marc Guggenheim, it's a crazy amount of work and, you know, bringing all of these people together to deliver something that could potentially be very confusing or complicated, and being able to tell a story that's kind of derived from the canon, it is an amazing thing. And the fact that they've been able to do it, year in, year out, with different kinds of crossovers and big events, has been a real blessing, I think, you know, for the DC Universe. And it's kind of shown that it can be done, but we just need to be on top of the storylines and where the characters are and how they're being used... But that's part of the job. And there's a lot of fun involved as well... We get to really explore really deeply into the DC catalog sometimes."
GB: "When we were first pitching the idea of certain characters, you know, there was a sense of like, okay, well, you know, this was years ago, but like, oh, we might use this character in the movie space, or maybe we won't then use a character there, and I would say, well, I can watch an animated Batman and I don't confuse animated Batman from the Batman in your movies to, you know, something on a show. But it doesn't mean that we still don't have to warrant using that character, you know, certainly any kind of character with that kind of size and scope and that much meaning in the world like this. So, we want to justify our use of any character. But at the same time, um, ultimately I think it's in the - you know, as we bring all these - these characters into live action, into life, um, it's just so much more enriching and rewarding for everyone, you know, to feel like, okay, you know, the best idea wins, and - and the best version of the story is gonna be what we're all trying to serve."
WH: "I think in the past there've been like, well, features might do something with that, so stay away from it. It can be years before that character ever showed up on the screen. If it even showed up on the screen, you know? And it was clear to us, like, it doesn't make sense to hold that back from fans. Let's explore that. And by the way, if they fall in love with the character on TV, and we do something in the movies three years down the road, all the better. Like, it's just a greater awareness for the characters. And so, uh, for us, there's - our board is much smaller because we have fewer things that we're working on. We have, you know, within a movie, it's - it's 120 pages and there's a handful of characters, whereas in TV, there's a bunch of other characters that pop up. So it's a little bit more straightforward for us. I think, really, Jim is the great sort of - he's the center of everything. So he has to know everything that we're doing in features, everything that's happening in TV, and everything funnels to him. And - and I think that's great that we have this guy, who sort of knows the world better than anybody, who can sort of look at it and kind of go - and come up and say, 'Wouldn't it be great if Ezra showed up and met Grant?' And like, you don't get that without Jim sort of being sort of at the center of all this... I think it's just a great collaborative team. And - and it's really just the beginning of what we're doing here. I think, with just the stuff that we're working on now and the idea of the Multiverse and really HBO Max being this other venue for us to release, start to meet in the middle. I think if there was that sense that TV was TV and film was film, Max sort of becomes this place where we'd be - you know, it's like - it'd be our clubhouse. Well, everything will gather into that space, and we'll be able to explore different opportunities and cross back over and I just - I'm excited about the potential of all the things that we can do with DC in the Multiverse."

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Isnthe girl on the right someone famous as well or not? 

The girl right next to him looks like she's Mischa Barton (The OC) who was in the film Closing The Ring with him around the time this was taken and it's roughly the same hair cuts. 

Gregory Smith was also in it. 

Edited by Featherhat

But Carl’s Jr. is doing something to promote its latest Thickburger that has perhaps never been done in the quick-service space before. The chain has partnered with a winery to create an exclusive Carl’s Jr. x Nocking Point Wines Steakhouse Burger Box, which is available starting today at NockingPointWines.com. 

Each box includes a bottle of Nocking Point Wines’ 2017 Amell-bec Malbec, 2017 Turnaround Red and 2016 Year VII Cabernet Sauvignon/Syrah Blend, as well as a $10 Carl’s Jr. gift card; more than enough to cover the $6.49 (starting price) Steakhouse Angus Thickburger.

Edited by tv echo

Interesting to watch now...

ARROW New York Comic Con 2012 Reel
Posted by Warner Bros. TV on Oct 14, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu9QZkL-MS4

Arrow Season 1 (2012) - All Trailers and Promos
Posted by TV Promos on Jan 27, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKr3mjsVZzU

Arrow Season 2 2013 Comic-Con Trailer
Posted by Warner Bros. TV on Jul. 20, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkl8cmfXEOo

Arrow Season 2 (2013) - All Trailers and Promos
Posted by TV Promos on Jan 27, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prvYfA1UlM4

ARROW Season 3 Preview — with Ra’s al Ghul
Posted by Warner Bros. TV on Jul. 27, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKE36sL6jKc

ARROW Comic-Con 2015 Highlight Reel #WBSDCC
Posted by Warner Bros. TV on Jul. 11, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txwI81Gs7SQ

Arrow Season 4 - New York Comic-Con Trailer (HD)
Posted by TV Promos on Oct 11, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvGczegnwNA

Arrow Season 4 "The Saga Continues" Trailer (HD)
Posted by TV Promos on Jan. 19, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uld5HYianBg

Arrow Season 5 Comic-Con Trailer (HD)
Posted by TV Promos on Jul 23, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tgsxdQ-bzM

Arrow Season 5 "Break The Rules" Trailer (HD)
Posted by TV Promos on Sep 28, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25eZwRNYsh0

Arrow Season 6 Comic-Con Trailer (HD)
Posted by TV Promos on Jul 22, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpCOMDpmJ28

Arrow Season 6 Trailer #2 (HD)
Posted by TV Promos on Oct 10, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdQ7yBAbHxg

ARROW Season 7 Comic-Con Trailer (HD)
Posted by TV Promos on Jul 21, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-6HwQ_6Iu8

Arrow Season 8 Comic-Con Trailer (HD) Final Season
Posted by TV Promos on Jul 20, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6xuKUqby6w

Arrow Season 8 "Sacrifice" Trailer (HD) Final Season
Posted by TV Promos on Sep 24, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaYpZVp7Ap8

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Some Crisis On Infinite Earths (COIE) talk during this recent Smallville panel...

Tom Welling said that he thought "it was fun" and, when he found out Erica had agreed to do it, he said, "That made it even better." He thought that "what was written really made sense to the Clark that... I got to play on Smallville." He added that he had been asked to appear on Supergirl, but "it didn't make any sense" and "it wouldn't have worked." However, for COIE, he was told that he would be returning as Clark Kent, but 10 years later. TW: "The idea of the family, and the idea that this other Lex Luthor [unintelligible words] to me isn't Lex Luthor... I liked it, and I thought it would be a good way to kind of come back and pay homage to everything that Smallville was a part of." 
Erica Durance said that "it was great... It was short and sweet." ED: "I liked that they still kept a bit of the flavor- even within those few lines, just a bit of the flavor of that - that relationship, instead of kind of launching it into a totally different realm. They kept it fun and light, and I liked that."
TW: "I liked it when I was like, 'oh, Lex Luthor was just here in some alternate universe thing,' and you're just like, 'aww... my little munchkin, let's go.'"

SMALLVILLE Virtual Reunion Panel – Wizard World Virtual Experiences 2020
Fandom Spotlite   Aug 22, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yzz_nyV66E

Edited by tv echo

Posted yesterday (Aug. 28)...

-- SA said that, toward the end of March, this podcast started out as a Nocking Point chat and then "morphed" into a 'How'd You Do It?' chat. They partnered with a "terrific partner" then. However, partnering with someone requires you to "feather in" advertising. SA added that he's currently "prepping for... an all-encompassing television role." They've backed away from partnering.

-- SA is currently living "solo" in Atlanta, Georgia, and training for his new role in Starz's Heels series. SA said that, toward the end of March ("right before the pandemic started"), he was "206, 207 pounds," but that by mid-May, he was "178, 180" pounds. He said that he weighed himself "this morning" and he's 211 pounds. He said that his "entire life right now" is "sugar-free chicken breasts... and brown rice... and weights." He said that he has a home gym and also that "they built a gymnasium on one of the sound stages," which is "spectacular." He mentioned two trainers, Scott and Luke, for wrestling training. He's working on some stuff "for the first couple of episodes." SA said that they're training in a group. But he then added: "One of my big pet peeves on Arrow was - I was like, 'You know, guys, in a show where I'm supposed to be the badass, like the titular character, did you really have to go and find the four actors in Hollywood that are taller then I am to be on the show with me?' And, uh, they did, and - but I was wrong, uh, because there are more actors that are taller than I am, and they're all on Heels... Alexander Ludwig, who's playing my brother is a legit 6-4, like 225, 230. He's just a big, big, big dude... James Harrison is like 6 foot or maybe 5-11, but he's 285 pounds... Oh, my God." SA then related some James Harrison stories about training in the morning. SA said that he feels "safe" and that everything is zoned at the studio. They get tested three times weekly and get a temp check when they come on set. Everyone has to wear a mask. He said that his nostrils are a little "sore" from the 3x/week tests and that the results come back the same day. SA said that he's "happy" in Georgia, but that it's "hot as sh*t." He said that he drinks a lot of water, but "it's not sticking."

-- SA and Drew Harding then talked a lot about Nocking Point's upcoming new wine releases (including "Kindness Wine," which is supporting four charities) and some other Nocking Point news (like their partnership with Carl's Jr. steakhouses). SA said that they're working on a potential partnership with a major North American sports franchise. Also, Drew revealed: "We're potentially going to become the official wine of a major cable television show and network." SA: "Not mine." Drew: "Sort of the opposite." SA: "Yeah. Kind of the opposite." SA said that, as soon as he gets "any sort of juice" at Starz, his NP wines are going to start showing up all over that network. He said that he made the mistake at The WB of going in as a young, "yes, sir" guy and not pushing his NP wines in the third or fourth year of Arrow. (I can't tell if he's joking or not.)

-- SA said that he has the big table read for the first episode of Heels "in about 45 minutes." He added that it's going to be by Zoom. SA estimated that there will about 12-14 cast members, 20-some-odd crew members, 6 people from Starz (including top execs) and 30 people from Lionsgate (including top execs) attending this table read. SA related the story of how, after he had his first table read for Hung, his manager stressed the importance of the first table read of a new series and the fact that roles have been recast after a first table read.

-- Some sports talk (like about sports arenas being used as election polling places).

-- Some talk about their kids.

-- At the end of this podcast, SA joked: "We're 35 minutes away from the table read that's going to get me fired."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2

A few posted GalaxyCon One-on-One chat videos...

(Jonathan Rivas Amaya)

-- KC: "I'm writing a pilot right now."

-- Fan: "Who did you enjoy playing more? Did you enjoy playing, you know, Black Canary or did you enjoy playing the, uh, the evil Laurel Lance type? What was more enjoyable a role for you to play?"
KC:
"Well, I loved playing both characters, but it was so much fun playing the evil version... And I love how it kept being fresh... But yeah, I definitely would say it was a lot of fun getting to play evil. Um, yeah, so probably Black Siren."

-- Fan: "Like, your acting is really great. How do you do it? ... For me, like, to mimic emotions and do all that, it seems hard to me."
KC:
"Well, that's the whole thing. It's not necessarily, uh, mimicking... Every actor's different, but for me as an actor, I don't mimic. I actually put myself - I try to embody the character as much and if - if I'm in it, then emotions and stuff like that will just happen and come naturally, I guess. If that makes sense?"

(Miles Productions)

-- Fan: "So you've been Black Canary, Black Siren, right? ... Which one was your favorite to portray?"
KC:
"Oh, they were both so fun and so different. I mean, this - similar but different. Um, they're sort of exactly opposite. Uh, it was really fun to play evil. I had a blast. Um, but overall I think they - you know, they wrote really well for me and - and I'm really lucky to have gotten to portray both versions."
Fan: "You must have enjoyed destroying buildings and stuff on The Flash."
KC: "Yeah, it was really fun. I loved that they brought me back as Black Siren."

(Ayan Das)

-- Fan: "If you had to play a DC villain for a really long time, who would you pick?"
BR:
"Uh, I would want somebody with a great story, back story that - that really gives you something to dig into and understand, like some kind of pain or traumatic event that happened, uh, to the character, because that's, you know, that was the great thing about Daniel Shaw,* was there was a great story and reason why he felt the way he did and why he did. He shouldn't have reacted the way he did, but - but it's understandable and I could reach in as an actor and say, hey, I understand why he - he feels that pain. And so I'd want a character, um, like that to sink my teeth into, because then you can really bring truth - truth to that character... I'm not sure which villain that is, but -"
Fan: "Oh, yeah. There's so many choices out there, so there's definitely a lot of range."

(* Daniel Shaw was BR's character on Chuck.)

-- Fan: "I just got to say, I loved seeing your scenes with so many different characters on Legends. So you had your own chemistry with Caity, with Nick, with Tala, with Courtney, with Neal, pretty much everyone... I really do think that the showrunners made a very big mistake. I mean, like, we really deserved to have you for so much longer, and you deserve to win our hearts for so much longer. So I really miss you on the show."
BR:
"Thank you, man. I really appreciate that. I wish Ray was on there, too. But we have all the time he had with us, and he continues to be a, uh, you know, um, uh, an inspirational character, I hope and, um, he's off having joy and happiness with Nora somewhere."

Edited by tv echo
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Am I misremembering or hasn't Stephen said he's known a lot of stuff in advance? I wonder what they kept from him. 

It may just be her interpretation of something rather than what truly happened.

• Love 4

IIRC he said he always gets the season overview in advance. And obviously he spoiled the wedding Summer 2017 and apparently spoiled Mia to a group of fans who kept it quiet until after the reveal. MG literally told him the final shot of the series at SDCC 2019. He also claimed he always knew who was in the grave and IIRC wasn't he the one to get permission from the producers to tell EBR she wasn't dying? Also he knew that JS was Prometheus not Vigilante and that other less big reveals and details. 

I remember he said he found out about Adult William being the the FFs from reading the script. 

They could have not told him things but it seems he knew a lot of key plot points, even if later seasons. Or I suppose there could have been a lot of joking about it "don't tell Steve he'll announce it at one of his cons!". David also knew a lot - possibly from just looking at the story boards for each episode. 

KC never seemed to know what was going on, at one point she apparently thought the grave was going to be a fake out. Obviously none of the rest of the cast knew who until MG requested a meeting with KC. But the supporting cast not knowing the entire season is usual. Not to mention she said at one point she didn't read the entire scripts. 

Interesting that she didn't name a favourite Laurel to play, not that she had to but that was an entire non answer.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Am I misremembering or hasn't Stephen said he's known a lot of stuff in advance? I wonder what they kept from him. 

She’s lying, and it isn’t even a plausible one. There are so many examples in interviews over the years that showed out of everyone in the cast, SA always knew the most and KC knew the least about what was going on. 

• Love 3

I wonder if the Oliver Queen/GA tribute at the beginning of this video was added after the fan backlash (over "The CWverse" term) when this promo was first advertised as upcoming (this promo is being released much later than its originally scheduled streaming date of Aug. 17)...

-- I'm still going to call it the Arrowverse.

-- I find it interesting that there's a shot of JH's Black Canary around the middle of this video. I wonder if that means she's now joining one of the other Arrowverse shows.

-- The Superman & Lois music is very derivative of John Williams' Superman theme.

The CWverse Superheroes | The CW
The CW Network   Sep 1, 2020

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1