Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

KM's new mini-series, The Stand, will have a virtual panel at NYCC this year, but it doesn't look like she'll be part of the panel (unless she's subsequently added)...

New York Comic Con X MCM Comic Con's Metaverse, October 8-11, 2020
https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/ 
https://www.findthemetaverse.com/schedule

Free panels will be available on all days of New York Comic Con X MCM Comic Con’s Metaverse on YouTube.com/NYCC starting October 8 - just bookmark this page.

Missed a panel? Head to YouTube.com/NYCC to catch up on panels you may have missed from ReedPop’s Metaverse in August, and make sure you smash that subscribe button on our YouTube page to get notified of new vids!
The Stand | Exclusive Q&A with Cast + Inside Look
Inspired by Stephen King’s iconic post-apocalyptic novel of the same name, the much-anticipated limited event series begs the question, “where will you stand?” in the ultimate fight between good and evil. Join series stars Whoopi Goldberg, James Marsden, Greg Kinnear, Amber Heard, Jovan Adepo, Odessa Young and Owen Teague alongside showrunner Benjamin Cavell and executive producer Taylor Elmore, as they discuss bringing this epic story to life and what fans can expect when the series premieres Thursday, December 17, exclusively on CBS All Access. Moderated by Anthony Breznican of Vanity Fair.
Smallville Cast | 20 Years of Fandom, Friendship & Flying
Join Tom Welling, Erica Durance, Sam Witwer, Laura Vandervoort, and Michael Rosenbaum on this look back at this groundbreaking show and a look ahead at what's next for this Super-group.

New York Comic Con: Smallville, Lost, Walking Dead, Evil and More Join Lineup
By Vlada Gelman / September 17 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/09/17/new-york-comic-con-2020-streaming-schedule-tv-show-panels-dates/ 

FRIDAY, OCT. 9

12:40 pm THE STAND (CBS All Access) | Stars Whoopi Goldberg, James Marsden, Greg Kinnear, Amber Heard, Jovan Adepo, Odessa Young and Owen Teague join showrunner Benjamin Cavell and executive producer Taylor Elmore.

Edited by tv echo
On 9/18/2020 at 9:23 AM, tv echo said:

Video of yesterday's AAFCA and NALIP's 'La Conversación' panel that included Rick Gonzalez - I didn't transcribe this panel because it's just too long, but I think it's worth watching - RG is the first panelist to answer the first mod question...

Moderator: Magdalena Albizu
Panelists: Rick Gonzalez, Sarah La Morena, Yaya DaCosta, Aida Rodriguez, Gina Torres and Selenis Leyva

AAFCA + NALIP Presents LA Conversation
Streamed live on September 17, 2020
https://www.facebook.com/theaafca/videos/756902638497459/

The AAFCA has posted a youtube video of this Sep. 17th panel...

AAFCA + NALIP Presents LA Conversation
The AAFCA Channel   Sep 18, 2020

Actors Gina Torres, Selenis Leyva, Yaya DaCosta Talk Hollywood Stereotyping
By Ellise Shafer   September 19, 2020
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/gina-torres-suits-selenis-leyva-latinx-stereotype-1234775326/ 

Gonzales, best known for his roles in CW’s “Arrow” and 2005’s “Coach Carter,” struggled to convince executives and other actors to take him seriously.

“Why do I have to prove to people that I know everything they know?” Gonzales asked. “Why do I have to change the way I talk and the way I dress to prove to them that I’ve always been a serious actor and I have the same talent that everyone else does?”

Edited by tv echo
43 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Maybe we should start on a poll on which Arrowverse show KC and/or JH will move to...

MG’s answer sounds like a noncommital dodge to me. He also doesn’t have control over the existing shows, which have shown reluctance to bringing on the birds any more than they had to. (Remember KC’s “regular across all the shows” status in season 5?) 

• Love 3

Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction, September 20, 2020 (Virtual Event)
Colin Donnell
https://broadwaycares.org/pre-event/2020-broadway-flea-market-grand-auction/ 

Broadway Flea and Grand Market Goes Virtual September 20
BY DAN MEYER   SEP 20, 2020
https://www.playbill.com/article/broadway-flea-and-grand-market-goes-virtual-september-20 

From Shubert Alley to the internet, this year’s Broadway Flea and Grand Auction has gone digital with the festivities taking place September 20 from noon-5 PM ET. The event shifted online due to the coronvairus pandemic that has left theatres shuttered since March.
The lineup also includes Olivier winner Lesli Margherita, Tony nominees Alex Brightman, Lilli Cooper, Taylor Louderman, Eva Noblezada, Andrew Rannells, and Patrick Wilson, along with Colin Donnell, Isabelle McCalla, Ryan McCartan, Patti Murin, Jelani Remy, Krysta Rodriguez, Kyle Selig, Jenna Ushkowitz, and Marisha Wallace. Stars of Broadway's Six Adrianna Hicks, Abby Mueller, and Samantha Pauly are also slated to participate.

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

MG’s answer sounds like a noncommital dodge to me. He also doesn’t have control over the existing shows, which have shown reluctance to bringing on the birds any more than they had to. (Remember KC’s “regular across all the shows” status in season 5?) 

Even with my paranoia about KC and LOT I agree it seemed non committal. But it also wouldn't surprise me to see them pop up anywhere or trying again for a Canaries only show. 

I like how the guy just ignored KM but even if she wouldn't want to be a part of another go around with the Canaries next season (if Canadagraphs is to be believed) she has said she'd be interested in coming back as Mia again. 

LOT would be the obvious one for various reasons and I can't see why any of them would really need a Canary in anything other than a special guest appearance, if that. They have their own characters to grow and expand and e.g. Batwoman where they might theoretically fit in best has a huge amount going on this season to integrate New Girl. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Technically the “conversation” could have been KC and JH pitching him ideas and him pretending to listen. 

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I like how the guy just ignored KM but even if she wouldn't want to be a part of another go around with the Canaries next season (if Canadagraphs is to be believed) she has said she'd be interested in coming back as Mia again. 

LOT would be the obvious one for various reasons and I can't see why any of them would really need a Canary in anything other than a special guest appearance, if that.

Would love a quick arc with Mia on LOT rescuing William. A fun "crossover", wraps up the last storyline from Arrow, and gives LOT some time traveling to do again.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, shantown said:

Would love a quick arc with Mia on LOT rescuing William. A fun "crossover", wraps up the last storyline from Arrow, and gives LOT some time traveling to do again.

Agree. Not only because I love Mia and William, but also because I’d like more of KM and BL’s live-tweeting. 

• Love 4

In case you missed it before, video of the full Aug. 30th Arrow panel (with KC, BR, KL, RG, JS and KH) was posted on youtube yesterday (officially this time, I believe)...

Galaxycon Live Panel Arrow cast August 30th 2020
Galaxycon Alternative1   Sep 20, 2020

ETA: The previous video, which was posted by a fan, was taken down.

Edited by tv echo

Galaxycon Live John Barrowman 9-12-2020
Galaxycon Alternative1   Sep 20, 2020

-- Fan Q: "What's a character you've played that you would like to revisit someday?"
John Barrowman:
"You know, I don't think Malcolm had a good death. I don't think it was good enough. I think it was a cop-out by the writers. And I know I always get - the writers, you know, the - the writers then come back and they say things that, you know, we did this and did that... Put it this way, there's a lot that's said that's not the truth, because I had a witness to the phone call that I received when the - the - the death was told to me, uh, that it - you know, anyway... So Malcolm didn't get his rightful death. And I hope they bring him back at some point."
Mod Patty Hawkins then commented that "anything is possible" now, after the "reset" from Crisis On Infinite Earths.

Edited by tv echo

All of the youtube videos posted by Galaxycon Alternative1 have been removed. I thought it was an authorized GalaxyCon channel, but I guess not. GalaxyCon seems to be really strict about policing videos of its panels on youtube (even though those panels were "free" - but you have to register).

Edited by tv echo
Huntington's Disease Society of America's (Virtual) 6th Annual Freeze HD, September 26, 2020
Auction item: Zoom call with Stephen Amell
https://hdsa.org/freeze-hd/ 

JOIN THE VIRTUAL EVENT FOR FREE ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26TH FROM 6PM-8:15PM (PACIFIC TIME)

On behalf of the Huntington’s Disease Society of America (HDSA) and 6th Annual Freeze HD event hosts Bryce Dallas Howard, Jason Ritter, Scott Porter, Kate Miner and Marianna Palka we invite you to join us on Saturday, September 26th, 2020 at the VIRTUAL 6TH ANNUAL FREEZE HD. This year’s event is FREE to attend and we will be celebrating the lives of Terry Palka and Hurumia Chidinma! Hosted live by Scott Porter, the Virtual 6th Annual Freeze HD is packed with celebrity guests, music performances and many other surprises.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER & RECEIVE THE VIEWING LINK!

Edited by tv echo

Yesterday's GalaxyCon Live Legends of Tomorrow panel included former Arrow cast members, Caity Lotz and Brandon Routh - I posted my transcription of this panel in the LoT forum here...

Legends of Tomorrow cast Galaxy Con virtual panel 26.09.2020
Beebo's Legends Podcast    Sep 27, 2020

ETA: I don't know how long this video will stay up on Youtube.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Katie Cassidy wants everyone to know she's working on something:

Is it the next iteration of a BOP/Canaries show? Is it a re reboot of Melrose Place? Is it her fashion blog? Or just her Lauriver fanfiction? 😉

I guess it could be for a directing gig as well. I wouldn't be surprised if she's pitching something to the CW either Arrowverse or not. 

KM did a long Instagram Live Q&A with fans on Sep. 26 - I only transcribed some of her comments below...

Katherine McNamara Instagram Live Stream 26 September 2020
instagram live stream    Sep 28, 2020

-- KM: "Am I going to make another show? I hope so. I don't know what show. But we'll find out one day."

-- KM: "Anything more in the Arrowverse? I hope to be back in the Arrowverse, in whatever quantity they will have me, um, because obviously we're still in limbo about everything. So when you - when I know, you will know."

-- KM: "Do I have a tattoo? Yes, I have 10 tattoos." 

-- KM: "How do you think if Clary [from Shadowhunters] and Mia [from Arrow] were to switch lives? Um, I think Clary would kind of take it in stride and think it was pretty cool and also, being the - the comic book nerd that Clary is already, I think she would have been fangirling over all of the superheroes so hard, um, and she would've have Facetimed Simon immediately to be like, 'Look, it's Superman!' Um, but I think if Mia were to end up in the Shadow World, she'd be very confused as to how these people had magic and why. I mean, like, can you just pop out the vampire teeth? Because I'm - I can't - I don't believe what you're doing. But I think she and Alec would have gotten along pretty well."

-- KM: "If my TV only had three shows or networks, what would I be watching? Uh, Great British Baking Show, Lucifer, and pretty much anything on Starz."

-- KM: "What superpower do I want to have? The power to heal."

-- KM: "Do I prefer heroes or villains? I prefer - I don't know what I prefer. I prefer to switch it up, because, you know, I played heroes for a little while on Shadowhunters and Arrow, and then got to play a villain in The Stand... Yeah, I guess she's a villain. Yeah, I had to play a villain in The Stand. Um, it's nice to switch it up because, you know, it's what I love about my job, it's getting to be a chameleon. So it definitely stretches a different set of muscles."

-- KM: "Have I watched all the Lucifer episodes? No. I'm very behind on Lucifer, although I love Lucifer... Um, but when I met Tom [Ellis] on Arrow [as part of the Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover event], I - I was deep into watching the show and tried not to fangirl as much as possible, but I'm pretty sure I did a little bit. But that's okay. He was very, very kind. But just getting to watch Tom and Matt Ryan, who plays Constantine, just play, because they both have such mastery of those characters, and they just got to ad lib most of that scene, and play and just sort of bounce off of each other, it was brilliant. It was like watching a master's class. So I thoroughly enjoyed all of that."

-- KM: "Can I tell you something about The Stand? Check it out on December 17th on CBS All Access... I will say it's very adult, it's very Stephen King, sort of his wonderfully absurd but often dark and harsh world that he creates. Um, and I will also say that I play probably one of the worst individuals I've ever played, um, and she is in no way a representation of anything that I think or believe. In fact, the opposite. And it was a very jarring thing to play a character where, when you make choices for the character, you go, what character choice in this moment and what action or thought makes me feel like the worst, grossest human alive? Um, and that's the - that's the right choice for that character. Um, but I loved it. I loved every minute of it. I got to, you know, run around with pink hair and - and play an absolute villain, which is great, and it's really different. So I thoroughly loved it. But - but she is the example of who not to be in the apocalypse, I'll tell you that. (Whispers) But I also have a few surprises when it comes to The Stand that I'll tell you about closer to the first episode, because my surprise is in the first episode. But I'm really excited for the surprise. And I think you guys will be, too. (Resumes normal voice) And the surprise might lead to another surprise, if I can get it together quickly enough. So stay tuned for the surprises."

-- KM: "Do I usually cry when a series ends? Yes, I do, actually. I often will cry when a series ends, um, whether it's a series I watch or a series I'm a part of. Yes."

-- KM: "Hi, Camrus! I miss you. Um, by the way, Camrus is killing it right now, 'cause they're back shooting Batwoman, and I'm so excited for this new season. Um, and I miss you guys, so please give big hugs to everybody up there."

-- KM: "What is Stephen Amell like? Wonderful. Um, such a - he has such a - a standard for his work ethic and for what the - the standard of whatever project he's working on needs to be, that he's - his attention to detail is incredible. Um, massive respect for that. Um, and I'm so excited for him and his new show. I just - I just talked to him the other day. He's having the time of his life. So I - I can't wait to see it. And I'm so excited for him. Can you tell I get excited when people I love do fun things? I'm a dork like that, but hey - I get excited for the people I love."

-- KM: "I'm going to take one second to say, take care of yourselves, be well, be safe, and, if you're in the United States, register to vote. And vote. Because it's very important that we take this opportunity - especially those of us in - in the younger generations - take this time to make a choice and to create the world in which we want to live, and to utilize our rights as - as American citizens, that have been granted to us, to make the world we want to see, and to create and put those people in office that we want to see create the world in which we want to live, and in which we want our children and future generations to live. So do your thing, make your choice, educate yourself, and be well. And I wish you all my best and send you all my love. Until next time."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Katie Cassidy wants everyone to know she's working on something:

She’s down to one monitor this time instead of 3 separate ones like the last time she posed for a “I’m working very hard!” picture. The glasses are a nice touch, considering she’s sitting an inch away from the massive screen.

• LOL 3

Tom Welling & Brandon Routh Attending Speedy Comics Virtual Con
September 28,2020
https://www.supermansupersite.com/Tom_Welling_and_Brandon_Routh_Attending_Speedy_Comics_Virtual_Con.html 

Actors Tom Welling and Brandon Routh will be attending the first ever Speedy Comics Con which will take place virtually on November 13th & 14th; hosted by Speedy Comics which is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
For more information on the two-day virtual convention, please visit SpeedyComicsMe.com.

Edited by tv echo

#GalaxyCon chat with Josh Segarra - August 30
Ayan Das    Oct 1, 2020

-- On what was the hardest part of shooting the "Kapiushon" episode (when Adrian Chase was torturing Oliver), Josh Segarra: "I think, honestly, it was the way we felt after, because we were going like two dogs chained, you know, and - and with Steve and I, at that point, we just told each other, we were - we were good enough friends to say, hey, let's go, you know, let's do this thing, let's push these boundaries, let's see. And when we're face to face, and I felt his power, you know, and - and I'm trying to display my power, and at the end of the day, we wrapped up and we - I texted him like at one in the morning. I was like, yo, I am so sore right now. And he's like, bro, I am so sore. Like, because we were so tensed up that, man, we were sore for days after that. I think it took us two whole days to shoot and we were sore for like nine days after, because of just the pressure we were going, you know?"

Actor Rick Gonzalez shows off collectibles from Movie set of Coach Carter, Old School and CW Arrow.
iDstroy   Oct 1, 2020

-- RG: "I knew at five years old that I wanted to act... There was no Plan B." He attended LaGuardia High School of the Performing Arts. A "good friend," who also went to LaGuardia, after they graduated, suggested to RG that they go to L.A. If it was up to him, RG probably would have stayed in NY.

-- RG also got involved in hip hop music.

-- RG does not have any memorabilia from the set of Old School, but the cast exchanged gifts after they finished the movie, and he received a Brooklyn jacket from Rob Corddry.

-- RG has the actual Wild Dog jersey that he wore on Arrow. He showed it off in this video. RG: "I made sure to steal that. Um, and, you know, if Warner Brothers is listening, I'm sorry. It had to be done. ... Oh, and look at this, the mask... Bam. Got the Wild Dog mask with all the dirt and the grime... and the little fake blood in there and whatnot."

-- RG said that he was a big gamer when growing up. RG: "I was such a nerd, collecting comics and cards." He also said that his mother was "big into horror films," so he was able to watch them as a kid. His mother also loved action films.

-- RG remembered doing The Rookie film with Dennis Quaid, and the director John Lee Hancock told him that he wanted people to know him after that movie. That supportive moment stayed with RG.

-- On what keeps him inspired and grounded, RG said that it was his faith: "I found Christ like five years ago."

Edited by tv echo

Hollywood Life Instagram Live interview with Katherine McNamara on Oct. 1st - I only transcribed a few comments...

Also posted on Youtube by Golden Warrior:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0JvOYBD9m8

-- Lanae Brody (Hollywood Life): "I want to talk about your upcoming projects you have. The Stand is obviously a huge one... What can you tease? Because there's not a ton out there. It's a mini-series. It was a book. It was a movie. So what can you tease?"
KM:
"What I can tease is that, if you're a Stephen King fan, it's absolute [unintelligible word]. ... There's something about having a bunch of people that are so inspired by source material and that are so passionate about the source material and are able to take it and - and bring it to life in such a rich way. You know, it's really amazing that - I mean, Stephen King even wrote an alternate ending for it. So there's so many elements that are new, but so many elements that stay true to the original, which, I think, is kind of perfect way to - to bring things to life and to translate from book to screen. Um, and, I mean, the cast is incredible. Uh, it was such a different experience for me, especially given that, you know, I've been playing heroes for so long, and now I'm playing someone who's probably the worst person you could possibly be in the apocalypse and making character choices that make me feel like a gross human being. But, you know, that's part of being an actor. You - you do things that are similar to yourself and things that are different from yourself, and you're a chameleon and that's what you do. But... it was so much fun and, I mean, everyone involved is so incredible. I'm just so thankful and I can't wait for people to see it." 
LB: "Did you get to meet the Stephen King?"
KM: "I did not. I was not on set the days he was there. ... I hope to meet him some day, because I'm such a huge fan. But, um, you know, his spirit was definitely felt throughout the process."
LB: "Shawnee Smith played Julie in the original. So did you touch base with her and ask her for any advice? And if so, what can you share?"
KM: "I actually didn't have a chance to. I - I basically went straight from Arrow into this, and it was such a quick process. You know, I - I had pink hair for The Stand and I didn't even know I was going to have pink hair until a couple days before I had pink hair. Um, so it was one of those things that it - the schedules just barely worked out and, uh, it's such a great kind of being able to slot in there."
Some talk about how what happens in The Stand parallels what's happening in real life right now.
Also some talk about the great cast of The Stand, including Alexander Skarsgård.
KM: "It stays pretty true to the book. Obviously, with the new ending and as they've sort of expanded the story - Julie's story is a bit different than it is in the book, but I think it only serves the statement that, you know, the creators are trying to make with this mini-series and - and serves sort of the story that we need in 2020 from the source material."
LB: "Is there gonna be hope that should this - when this is a huge success, you guys will be able to do a second season?"
KM: "I mean, I don't know. There's certainly a lot of the story that, you know, is untold in the book that they, I'm sure, they could go back and find a way to do it. I know I wouldn't mind going back and doing it again and working with all those folks. But who even knows? I think, you know, it's like the Arrowverse. Anything is possible in the world of Stephen King."

-- LB: "Julie is a little different than what you've played in the past... How is she different? What do you love about her? And if you could replay any character of yours, who would it be and why?"
KM:
"Oh, goodness. I mean, all of my characters, they're like my children in a way, you know, because I pour my tears into every character. Shadowhunters will always be special to me. Um, and, you know, it was sort of my first foray into creating a show from the ground up... and all those folks are family to me. So if I were ever able to jump back into that world, I would do it in a heartbeat. You know, if Clary Fray ever has a chance to come back to the screen, I volunteer as tribute. Um, but as far as Julie goes, it was a very odd experience for - for quite a lot of it, because she is - I love Julie for how unabashedly herself she is, and she has no inhibitions and no problem putting herself out there and going after what she wants. I think that probably her only admirable quality may be the fact that she can pull off pink hair, um, along with the array of other colors. But, uh, she is definitely not an example to follow pretty much in any other aspect. Um, you know, playing a villain, you have to learn to love your character. But it's an [unintelligible word] experience when you are making character choices that make you feel like a disgusting human being, um, and just like the worst possible human, um, that you could. But, that being said, it all serves a purpose for telling the story and - and for showing the good, the bad and the ugly of what these situations can bring out in humanity."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

New York Comic Con's virtual edition this year, titled "NYCC X MCM Comic Con’s Metaverse," is currently happening right now (until Oct. 11) - although there are no Arrowverse panels, there are some Arrowverse-related guests participating in other panels...

Guests:
Kevin Conroy
Erica Durance
Geoff Johns
Kevin Smith
Laura Vandervoort
Tom Welling
Sam Witwer

Other Relevant Links:
Panel Schedule
Panel Videos

Edited by tv echo

No videos yet - and I found very little tweeting so far coming out of Sunday's Dream It At Home 4 event with KC and DR (maybe more will be posted later)...

Edited by tv echo

Katherine McNamara Instagram Live - October 6th
Golden Warrior   Oct 6, 2020

-- KM urged people to vote in the U.S.

-- KM then answered a lot of fan questions.

-- When asked about upcoming projects, KM mentioned the Untitled Horror Movie that she shot during quarantine, The Stand mini-series (premiering on Dec. 17 on CBS All-Access), and Push, a new movie with Matthew Daddario that she's "just finishing that up."

-- On her favorite moment as Mia on Arrow, KM: "That's a really tough one. Um, obviously, I have to say, the - the fight in Russia, where I finally got to fight alongside Stephen for the first time was awesome, because it was a full circle cage fight, as it were. Um, yeah, I started in a cage fight, ended up in a cage fight finally when things have come to fruition. But also, Stephen and I had so many heart-to-hearts near the end, as far as - personally also - but as characters. You know, they had both - they'd come so far in their relationship and getting to sort of have these two emotionally stilted characters release and connect and - and have that moment, it was so lovely and Stephen's so wonderful. It really was - it was great. And I can't wait for his new show. I'm so excited. Heels on Starz. Check it out. I love watching all his training stuff because I know how dedicated he is."

-- KM's three favorite movies are Gilda (with Rita Hayworth), Princess Bride and Usual Suspects.

-- KM's favorite book is Watership Down.

-- When asked if she could dye her hair any color, KM: "I kinda want to go back to ginger... I miss it because it's been so long since I've actually been my natural hair color." She added that she normally does not dye her hair for personal reasons and only dyes it when it's required for a job.

-- On what shows she's been watching, KM mentioned New Girl, Ratched, Schitt's Creek, Married At First Sight, Married At First Sight: Australia, 90-Day Fiance, and Great British Bake-off. She also wants to watch Star Wars and Rogue One again.

-- When asked if Julie is a villain on The Stand, KM: "Yes, she is. Not in her mind, but Julie is definitely a villain... It's always interesting going from playing characters like Clary and Mia, who have the best of intentions for the most part, to playing a character like Julie, who, when you make character choices, instead of feeling good about yourself, you end up feeling like the worst person ever and just like a horrible, gross human being."

-- KM loved being in Vancouver. She was there four years (for Arrow).

-- When asked, KM said that she did watch Glee. She now knows so many people from that cast, like Harry Shum, Jr. (her cast mate on Shadowhunters).

-- On how many takes it takes to get a scene done, KM: "It depends. On shows like Shadowhunters and Arrow, we usually move pretty quickly because we have a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it. But, uh, there's other situations where we do. But normally, you know, it's two to three takes, but we have multiple different shots and angles and, you know, wide shot versus close-up and things like that to do. Um, so it depends on the day and on the scene."

-- When asked about the "funniest scare" that she's been through, KM mentioned being locked in her trailer by her cast mates as a prank during S1 of Shadowhunters.

-- When asked, KM said that she does not have her own podcast, but she loves them. She then mentioned several different podcasts that she likes.

Edited by tv echo

Katherine McNamara Talks Doing Her Own Stunts, Precision 1 'See What Happens' Campaign | toofab
toofab   Oct 8, 2020

-- KM: "Heather showed me that, even though I'm a tiny human, I can still have physical strength and, if you train for your body, anyone can accomplish things that you never, ever thought possible. So, you know, I've just become such a proponent for that. And it's also one of those things where it's such a part of the characters that I've played that, if I can do it myself, it makes it easier for everyone technically but also it's way more fun."

-- KM promoted her new Precision 1 contact lenses at this point (she's part of Precision 1's "See What Happens" marketing campaign).

Katherine McNamara on Playing 'Erratic Tinkerbell of the Apocalypse' in 'The Stand' | toofab
toofab   Oct 8, 2020

-- When asked about filming the remake of Stephen King's The Stand mini-series, KM: "For me, it was a dream come true. I mean, I'm a huge Stephen King fan. And so, getting a chance to, not only work with the incredible cast and creatives, but to bring a story to life that is so iconic, um, it was a blast... I will say, having played heroes for years, playing a character like Julie, who is so erratic and who is arguably the worst person you can be in the apocalypse a lot of ways, um, making character choices that make me, Katherine, feel like a gross human being was very different than playing Clary or Mia or anything else. Um, but, you know, it was fun to have pink hair for a few months and run around in sequins and, you know, other things and live in Randall Flagg's world of Vegas. ... It was very fun. You know, that's why I do what I do. I'm a chameleon. I want to live a million different lives and - and play a million different people. Um, that world in particular was - was very eerie at times, especially in retrospect, given this year, sort of the - the mob mentality nature that becomes Randall Flagg's Vegas and - and sort of choices that people make that are not what you would hope you would be in the apocalypse and - and are really, um - it highlights a lot of the darker side of humanity and what these adverse situations can push people into. So, you know, I don't advise people to follow in Julie's footsteps in any way, shape or form. But, she's a lot of fun to witness as she becomes sort of this erratic Tinkerbell of the apocalypse."

-- KM: "Stephen King even wrote an alternate ending for this version. So it's, uh - it's a brand new telling of a story that so many people love. So I think it's sort of the perfect addendum to 2020 that it's coming in December. ... Yes, it's about a disease. But it's more about, you know, the people and the choices that you make and sort of questioning what you stand for and - and what it says about who you are."

-- On The Stand's relevance and timeliness to current, ongoing, real life issues, KM: "100%. And I think, you know, having seen little bits of it in ADR, I think it's something that is going to be extremely poignant. You know, it's not necessarily going to be comfortable at times and it's not necessarily going to be pleasant at times, but I think that's sort of our job as artists, is to highlight the - the dark and the light sides of the human experience, and to force people to look at other perspectives and sort of question their own experience and their own perspective and their own choices. You know, that's, I think, one silver lining of 2020 as a whole, is that we've all sort of been forced to confront these kinds of skeletons in our closet and the ways - the habits that we've formed and the ways in which we've lived our lives as a society and go, 'How can we be better?' Because we actually have an opportunity to pause and restart and sort of reset. And I - I think a clean slate is such a beautiful thing. And, you know, there's always room for a second chance."

-- KM: "And especially with so many important things coming up socially and politically, it's - it's our time as the younger generation to step up and create the world in which we want to live for the future, and to create the world that we want to see happen in front of us. And, uh, I think the more people kind of educate themselves and realize that we have to make choices and we have to be accountable and responsible for them, the better our world is going to be in the future."

-- KM then talked about filming a movie (Untitled Horror Movie) at home during quarantine. KM: "I haven't seen the finished product yet, but the pieces that I've seen, it's a really fun, weird, kooky, silly, horror comedy, and it was an experiment that actually, I think, paid off in the end."

-- Toofab interviewer commented that a lot of KM's work has really big fanbases (Maze Runner, Shadowhunters, Arrow). On which role she is most recognized for, KM: "It's usually Shadowhunters or Arrow and it usually depends on my hair color as well. If I had red hair, it was always Clary, um, particularly, you know, because the show was internationally a Netflix original series, so particularly when I was traveling and when I was in Europe and things like that - when that was a thing that we could do... But, you know, being blonde and traveling, Arrow has such a huge fandom as well that it depends. And some people, it's both. And some people, it's one thing or another. But I - I just love this world of fandoms and I grew up reading these books and - and having such an attachment to different characters in the YA genre. And the fact that I've gotten to be a part of that community and got to be, you know, a small part of - of, you know, the Shadowhunters fandom. Even they've created such an incredible community that has gone far beyond our story and far beyond any of us to create this lovely space of - of love, really, um, that I'm just so honored and grateful to - to be tangentially involved."

-- When asked if she has any Number 1 fan encounter in her head, KM talked about having several different fan encounters that inspired her.

-- Toofab Interviewer: "All right, so last question, not sure if you can answer this, but last year marked the end of Arrow. Have there been any updates on a possible Canary spinoff?"
KM:
"We have no updates... Um, I know, I know. I feel the same way... [Coronavirus] has, unfortunately, thrown a monkey wrench into everyone's timeline. And, uh, you know, they've had so much to figure out with how to even possibly make TV anymore. Um, so we'll see... You know - I'm far from done with Mia Smoak and so, if there's ever an opportunity to put on the Arrow suit again, I'm 100 percent in. Whether that's Green Arrow & Canaries or popping in and out of the other series or next crossover or whatever it is, I'm not done with Mia Smoak yet."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Anna Hopkins was part of this Shadowhunters virtual panel from Wizard World that premiered on Oct. 9...

-- No Arrow talk (obviously). In terms of upcoming projects, AH said that she has an audition next week (no further info) and that she's in the next season of The Expanse, which is coming out soon.

SHADOWHUNTERS cast Q+A | FRI, OCT 9TH | 1PM PT, 4PM ET
Wizard World    Streamed live on Oct 9, 2020

ETA: Alternatively, you can watch Fandom Spotlite's video recording of this panel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_glVlJ3E5k

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I only transcribed Arrowverse and acting-related comments (this video is a little over an hour long)...

Celebrity interview - Rick Gonzalez is Chatting with B and fans
Chatting with B     Streamed live on Oct 9, 2020

-- Fan Q: "If you could pick any other superhero to be in the Arrow, who would you choose and why?"
RG:
"In the Arrow universe?"
Fan: "Yeah."
RG: "Uhhh... hmm... That's a good question. If we're talking DC, I have others that I would like, but if we're specifically keeping it in the Arrow universe, um, probably Deathstroke. That seems like a really great character to play, you know? Um, I - I liked his journey, you know, plus I love everything about, you know, in terms of like his abilities and stuff and where they took that. So that to me seemed like the most fun, um, aside from obviously being the Green Arrow. ... If we're talking like the DC world, though, I think like - like Robin or something like that, you know, just like a real life, stripped down, raw version of Robin would be fun to play. ... You know, I have been a DC fan. I was mostly like Marvel, but I definitely have my share of like Batman comics and stuff like that. And in high school, there were like all these like new Robin, you know, uh, issues that they've been - they were releasing at the time, and I just liked how they would like be taking him down a darker path. So doing something like that would be very dope... I think we could use a Latino Robin, you know what I mean? Switch it up a little bit. Right? We need that."

-- Fan Q: "I want to ask about the new show, um, that I think you're cast to do. I think it's Langdon, I don't know if that's the right name. So, um, I was a fan of the - the, you know, Tom Hanks movies when he came out with the Da Vinci Code, stuff like that, so has - has that started production yet? How have you taken to that, being - coming off Arrow and going into a totally different universe? How has that been for you?"
RG:
"Oh, it's been great. I mean, we haven't shot anything yet, um, due to COVID. We were scheduled to shoot before it became a pandemic and, once they called it a pandemic, it shut us down and so, you know, obviously shut the whole industry down, and so it set us back. But now that their protocols are in place, and there are other shows that are shooting now, we've gotten the green light to go ahead and work. ... Langdon is basically based on The Lost Symbol, which is one of Dan Brown's - I believe, his first novel, one of his first novels, uh, in terms of, um, Robert Langdon, the character's - you know, who's, uh, part of that world. And so, my character is called Nunez, and Nunez is a Capitol policeman. Um, and so people who have read the book know that it's based on, you know, this - this - this mystery that he's gonna solve in Washington, D.C., at the Capitol. Um, and so, the show's going to be based on that. And, you know, it's going to be some funny stuff and some really good material there that people are going to enjoy. Um, it's going to be for NBC and, um, I don't know how many episodes we're going to do yet. That's a good question. But we're gonna lay out the pilot first, um, and then hopefully get into the season early next year. Um, so that's basically the plan. ... I'm excited about it, you know, uh, getting to do something - I met Dan Brown when I was in, uh, Toronto before they shut us down. You know, seemed like a great guy. Um, really smart in terms of like doing all his research for the books. Because I was curious to know, like, how did he do that stuff, you know? And he was quick to say, like, everything that, you know, he's ever written about those books is 100 percent true... He takes from that to create, you know, the fictional storyline. ... He's just a brilliant guy, and I think the show is gonna be a lot of fun." He then mentioned that actor Ashley Zukerman will be playing a younger Robert Langdon.

-- Interviewer Belinda (Chatting with B): "Rick, I've got a question for you. What's on your bucket list?"
RG:
"My bucket list? Ah, man. Ah, man. I think, um - I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think skydiving. Only because I don't want to do it. I don't want to do it. ... It is on my bucket list. I'm so afraid. I'm so afraid of it. But I know I - I - if I have to do something, I would probably try to - just to say I did it, you know? ... I will probably pee on myself or something like that, just waiting to like get thrown out of a freakin' plane."

-- Fan Q: "If you weren't an actor, what would be your profession?"
RG:
"Yeah. I thought about that and here's the thing. It's like I never considered anything else, which is weird, right? As a kid, I just - I threw every egg that I had in that basket of acting. Um, but I will say, maybe I have to say is music, because I did dabble in music for such a long time and I still like, to this day, like, analyze it and listen... almost like - like I'm running a [unintelligible words] of sorts. [Unintelligible words] someone running a company... or A & R... I don't know, something to do with music. I don't know. Maybe production or something like that.... I just don't know, because I - everything that I've thought about [unintelligible words] about acting, and I've never given myself any other room to do - think of anything else, you know? ... I'm so grateful and thankful, you know, acting was my purpose, because it's literally all I could think about."

-- Fan Q: "Is there anyone you haven't shared the screen with that maybe you looked up to or aspired to?"
RG:
"Yeah, um. So right now, my favorite actor is Viola Davis. And I just think that woman is so magical and so powerful and, you know, I just can't say enough about what I think of her as a person... and also as an actress. ... If I could do something now or today or, you know, I get blessed to work with her, that would just be amazing, because I just think she's incredible, you know?" He also praised her "integrity."

-- Fan Q (from aspiring actor): "Pilot season is coming up and it's gonna be my first one... Any advice do you have? How did you survive your, um, first pilot season? What's pilot season like for you now? All of that, but like in one question."
RG:
"Sure Yeah. Um, you know, there is no right way with this industry, right? You know, and I think - you have an agent, right?"
Fan: "No. I'm brand new."
RG: "Okay. Alright. Yeah. There's no right way. So, you know, it - the way they set this industry up is interesting, because it's always a Catch-22. It's like, you need work to get an agent, but you also need an agent to get work. So there's - there's the issue. So I always felt like - and how - how I did it and how some other friends did it is, like, through school, right? School, like, help you to like have the connections to agents to come see talent. And then they'll be like, oh, I like you, you know, let's start working together. Or, some other friends will like do productions and be a part of plays and smaller production companies and - and repertoire companies that create projects that you can be a part of, so you can show them your work... and then you can send your head shot to an agent and say, hey, I'm performing here, come check me out. Maybe they will like what you do, and they want to sign you. So there's no right way. You can also send your head shot to everyone. You know, you can - you can start, you know, trying to get a commercial agent maybe and do some commercials. Like, there's just no right way to do it. You know, I think you just got to lead with your heart, um, be aggressive, you know, in terms of like how you want to do it. Uh, I would also send my stuff to casting directors. You know, I would - I would seriously like take my head shot and - and - and send it off to them, you know. And, you know, right now, um, you know, I think, with everything that's happening in the world in terms of being black and Latino in Hollywood, you know, we're, you know, right now, our - the conversation has -  has swung in our favor only because, you know, Hollywood understands how they have marginalized us so much. So I think, you know, it's important to capitalize in this moment to - to really get your face out there and to, you know, really be a part of the conversation. Um, but I would - I would definitely try to get my head shot in to casting directors. I would definitely try to get my head shot in to like, you know, um, maybe not the nothing - listen, you send them off to all the agents. So you go to the big ones - you send it to the big ones and you also sent it to the not so big ones, but send it to them, too, because then they can get you in the game. Maybe you can get yourself like, you know, a guest star on a TV show and that'll get you going. That's how I get started, you know... I didn't get with a big agent. I got in with a small one. They sent me out on smaller stuff, and I started booking those things. And then, you know, slowly but surely, um, the auditions got bigger. Um, so I - so I think, you know, that's another route, you know. But I think you should knock on the door and don't stop knocking, you know. You know, bang that thing down." He then talked about how he had the opportunity to go to a "conservatory" (he got accepted), but he was already doing auditions at the time; however, he emphasized that "getting the craft down is so important," so that, when the opportunity comes, you're prepared.

-- Fan Q: "How did it feel being on the set of the crossovers? Because, you know, being with all those people, working with Grant Gustin, working with Melissa, you know, working with them and being with them, learning from them, I think, that would be a great opportunity for any actor to be part of."
RG:
"Absolutely, absolutely. Yeah, no, it was - it was incredible, man. ... I took a photo - I was on set for my first crossover and I took a photo because - I walked in, you know, and, you know, we've been - we know each other... I see those guys all the time. And I think, that one day we were in the Waverider and - and I'm just - I'm talking to Echo, I believe. And then I turn around and I just see - it's like watch seeing everybody for the first time. But everyone's in a costume. Everyone's standing right, you know, kind of perfectly to me, you know, and I'm just like, oh, holy moly, I don't have a camera on me right now. And I just see everybody and they just - it looked like the cover of a really cool comic book. Like, man, I collected comic books as a kid, so, I don't know, man, it was just that moment, it hit me like, this is huge. This is huge. ... I think the Arrowverse is going to mean so much more years to come, because - you know, and I'm sure television is going to get way more sophisticated with this technology and how, you know, we're going to be able to show this kind of, you know, superhero ability. But, you know, the story lines and like the costumes and the characters and the energy that we were able to bring, I mean, it was so - it's - it feels so strongly like a comic book and I was just kind of like floored by it in the moment. So I'm trying to illustrate to you like the vibe and the energy that I got when I was in that first, you know, um, crossover, because it's - it's - it's a big deal. ... I felt like I was in a comic book. I felt like I was in it, you know? I was really like, you know, a part of something special. And then I had this one scene with, uh, Melissa, who plays Supergirl, and - and Grant, you know, playing The Flash. And, you know, Wild Dog's being mean as always, you know, and, uh, you know, I just - I remember just doing the scene with them. And, uh, you know, we call 'cut' and then, uh, you know, we just go back to talking, you know, and it's just like - it was kind of like that moment of like, where people wear the - the costumes at Disneyland, you know, and you just kind of see them - you know, you - you probably see like Goofy walking around, but sometimes you might see Goofy without the hat, you know what I mean? And he's just hanging out, you know, probably having a soda, you know? And so like, we had that moment because like, we break that wall so easily, because you could get caught up in it, like we just in it, you know, feeling that energy of the characters and then you 'cut' and then we like separated with different people again. And it just kind of brought it back to life, like this is so much fun. It's just so much fun, man. And, you know I think for me, growing up as a kid, just being a comic book nerd, you know, a game - a gaming nerd, and - and someone who really cared about like, you know, that entire universe, man, it was just a dream come true. And, you know, the fact that I never knew who Wild Dog was, like, I just felt like, what a great way to just kind of bring, you know, a Latino energy into this world, because I just felt like the - the world needed it. And - and - and to be fair, you know, that's what they wanted, you know? And - and I was - I was appreciative of, you know, Greg Berlanti, and - and James Bamford, the director, and - and a bunch of amazing cool people over there - oh, Marc Guggenheim - who felt like, we need - we need more representation on our show and, uh, you know, we want you to do your part to kind of like bring that color to the screen and bring that flavor. And so, that was - was what it was about, man. It was just like mixing it up with the Flash and Supergirl, you know, and - and just bringing that raw to them, you know?"

Edited by tv echo

This is quite amusing: 

I theoretically get honouring Laurel in this tweet on the anniversary of S1 but it's hilarious that the "leading lady" isn't even the same character as she was 8 years ago. The pic they used is what they wish happened with E1 GA/BC not what actually did happen on screen. By the time it was a shared universe she wasn't a leading lady anymore. 

Most of this interview was about The Stand, but KM also talked a little about other stuff (but no mention of the GA & the Canaries spinoff)...

Katherine McNamara - The Stand (in CBS All Access) Interview
Intervieweros    Oct 11, 2020

In this Kat McNamara Interview she talks about the cast, the book, the 2nd season of The Stand, her shape, The Horror Movie, and what character she would replay.

Edited by tv echo

FYI: Although GalaxyCon has not yet posted its own video of the full Arrow panel (with KC, BR, KL, RG, JS and KH) from Aug. 30th, you can now watch video of that full panel at dailymotion.com here...

ETA: You can read my previous transcription of this panel here.

Edited by tv echo

You can also watch Galaxycon's Sept. 12th John Barrowman panel at dailymotion.com here:

-- JB once again says that he didn't think that Malcolm had a good death on Arrow and that Malcolm's death was a "cop-out" by the writers.

Edited by tv echo

Updated, with schedules...

Auckland Armageddon, October 23-26, 2020 (New Zealand)
Virtual Guests: David Ramsey, Katherine McNamara, John Barrowman, Summer Glau,  Alexander Calvert, Ben Browder and Rachel Luttrell (also Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, Tom Cavanagh, Danielle Nicolet, Nafessa Williams and Chantal Thuy)
In-Person Guest: (Neil Sandilands)
https://www.armageddonexpo.com/Guests/ 
Main Stage Schedule
Stage Two Schedule
Stage Three Schedule

Saturday, October 24:
10:00am - Virtual Firefly panel with Summer Glau (Main Stage)
11:00am - Virtual Doctor Who panel with John Barrowman (Main Stage)
2:00pm - Virtual Arrow panel with David Ramsey (Stage Two)

Sunday, October 25:
12:00pm - Virtual Flash panel with Tom Cavanagh, Carlos Valdes, Danielle Nicolet & in-person guest Neil Sandilands (Main Stage)
2:00pm - Virtual Stargate SG-1 panel with Ben Browder (Main Stage)
4:00pm - Virtual Supernatural panel with Alexander Calvert (Main Stage)
4:00pm - VIP - Virtual Flash panel with Danielle Panabaker & in-person guest Neil Sandilands (Stage Three)

Monday, October 26:
10:00am - Virtual Black Lightning Panel with Nafessa William and Chantal Thuy (Stage Two)
11:00am - Virtual Shadowhunters panel with Katherine McNamara (Main Stage)
12:00pm - Virtual Stargate Atlantis panel with Joe Flanigan & Rachel Luttrell (Main Stage)

Edited by tv echo

Dozens of Celebs to Take Stand Against Bullying on Spirit Day
BY TRUDY RING   OCTOBER 14 2020
https://www.advocate.com/news/2020/10/14/dozens-celebs-take-stand-against-bullying-spirit-day

lifetimemovie_0.jpg 

Pictured: Blake Lee (left) and Ben Lewis star in The Christmas Setup, whose cast is set to participate in Spirit Day.
Dozens more celebrities have signed on to participate in Spirit Day, GLAAD’s annual campaign against anti-LGBTQ+ bullying, to be held Thursday.

GLAAD today announced additional individual and corporate participants including TikTok, Jonathan Bennett, Ednita, Kany García, Jack Galinsky, Ty Herndon, Natalia Jiménez, Lali, Bright Light Bright Light, LeeAnne Locken, Countess LuAnn, the NFL, Thalia, Gloria Trevi, Jaymes Vaughan, Kameron Westcott, and the cast of Lifetime’s The Christmas Setup.
The CW has also confirmed participation from several of its stars, including Batwoman’s Javicia Leslie, Riverdale’s Mädchen Amick, Stargirl’s Meg DeLacy and Hunter Sansone, Legacies’ Danielle Rose Russell and Ben Levin, Dynasty’s Elaine Hendrix and Daniella Alonso, The Outpost’s Jake Stormoen, Reece Ritchie, and Adam Johnson, Legends’ Adam Tsekhman, and the cast of Batwoman.

On Spirit Day, millions of people around the world will wear purple or go purple online in a unified stand against bullying and to show support for LGBTQ+ youth. Purple symbolizes spirit on the rainbow flag. Each year, Spirit Day draws the participation of celebrities, corporations, media outlets, sports leagues, schools, faith institutions, national landmarks, and individuals. Coinciding with National Bullying Prevention Month, Spirit Day began in 2010 when Brittany McMillan, then a high school student, created a Tumblr post asking students to wear purple after the deaths by suicide of several young people who were LGBTQ+ or perceived as such.

Edited by tv echo

The following comic con has been postponed to 2021 (David Ramsey was originally scheduled to appear on Nov. 20, 2020)...

Showmasters London Film & Comic Con, November 23-25, 2021 (UK)
https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/

However, the following comic con is still scheduled for 2020...

Dutch Comic Con-Anniversary Edition 2020, November 21-22, 2020 (Utrecht, Netherlands)
David Ramsey
https://www.dutchcomiccon.com/guests/

Edited by tv echo

Posting this Backstage interview here since GG is a former (and frequent) Arrow guest star - I only transcribed a few comments...

How Grant Gustin Takes His Musical Theater Training to 'The Flash' + Beyond
Backstage  Oct 15, 2020

-- Benjamin Lindsay (Backstage managing editor): "Do you still - maybe not today, considering the state of things, but do you find yourself in the audition room pretty consistently while filming [The Flash]?"
GG:
"I still makes tapes very - like, throughout Flash, I still - there's usually a time of year when they heat up for me, because my hiatus is really narrow. It's two-and-a-half months in between seasons. So borderline impossible to really line up anything. Um, so usually though, like that whole after Christmas, that second half of the season leading up to when I'm done in April, May, where I make a lot of tapes. Sometimes it's like three weeks. Sometimes I don't do some for a couple weeks. But we - I still make a lot of audition tapes. It's been awhile since I've been in the room because of being up in Vancouver, though."

-- BL: "What else is on your bucket list as a performer? Um, you kind of cut your teeth in the musical theater space. You're doing a, uh, very popular franchise superhero thing. Um, what's next? What do you want to be doing?"
GG:
“Um, all kinds of things. I mean... First of all, I think people assume I would never want to do something like this again, but like, I'm even - I'm open to that. Like, I would play another superhero, if I was lucky enough to get to do that, or another, you know, genre-specific thing. Um, I've always been attracted to the sci-fi and the genre world. So like, maybe this role will help open those types of doors for me, and I'm su - definitely down for that. Um, I still haven't made my Broadway debut, so that's something that's, um, really important to me, um, that I would love to do. I just want to be on stage again. Um, yeah, again, there's nothing like that, you know, that instant gratification of being on stage and that high that you feel, that natural high of performing in front of a live audience, um, and that it can be slightly different every night, even though you're doing the same material... But, you know, as an actor, I'm very open and excited, um, to get to do all kinds of things, if possible. Um, I - I think, indie work, when this is over. I'm lucky enough to have such a cool, steady job that it will have lasted at least seven seasons, when this is all said and done. And I'll be fortunate enough to get to choose projects that aren't gonna like pay me buttloads of money, just so I can do them, because I'm attracted to the role or the project or the director. Um, so I - I might - the list of things I'd like to do when this is over is very long and - and broad, honestly."

ETA: Here's the Backstage article based on this instagram video:
https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/grant-gustin-the-flash-interview-71912/

Edited by tv echo
23 hours ago, shantown said:

If true it certainly didn't take him very long to do a 180 on that!

Did he say he'd never do it? I wasn't really following the media around the time the show ended. 

In a March 17, 2020 Instagram story, SA said that he was done with the Arrowverse (of course, that was many months ago now)...

Green Arrow Won’t Return To The Arrowverse, Says Stephen Amell
BY ANDY BEHBAKHT   MAR 18, 2020
https://screenrant.com/arrowverse-green-arrow-no-return-stephen-amell/ 

While dead characters have ways of coming back, it doesn't seem to the case for Star City's green-hooded vigilante. In an Instagram live session with his fans, Amell made it clear that he isn't planning on coming back to the Arrowverse. When asked whether or not he would want to cameo in any of the other DC shows, Amell responded "No. I’m done. … I don’t think that I will be doing that again." Given that the 38-year-old Canadian actor spent almost a decade with this franchise, it makes sense to want to focus on new projects after leading a series.

[IG Live] Stephen Amell says he is done with the DC shows
ARROWverse Russia   Mar 19, 2020

-- SA (reading and answering fan question): "'Do you think you will cameo in other DC shows?' No, I'm done. It was good. It was a good eight years. But, uh, it was time to be done. Actually, I watched the premiere of, um, Roswell, New Mexico, last night, the second season, that my show Corrina, uh, created and runs... It was actually really, really weird to watch The CW again. A, because I don't typically watch it live. I typically like watched it, either director's cuts of Arrow or I would watch it on Apple TV. So it was just weird seeing the commercials and seeing promos for Supergirl and Flash and Batwoman and, uh - I don't know, feels like a different lifetime. But I don't think that I will be doing that again."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

New podcast interview with Arrowverse casting director, David Rapaport...

David Rapaport and Jeff Greenberg
HOMOPHILIA #166       OCTOBER 15, 2020
https://www.earwolf.com/episode/david-rapaport-and-jeff-greenberg/

-- Podcast guests: Jeff Greenberg and David Rapaport (two big casting directors). Podcast hosts: Dave Holmes and Matt McConkey.

-- DRapaport's interview starts at around the 56:50 mark.

-- DRapaport is still doing Zoom auditions (not in-person auditions), which is difficult because he can't interact with the actors. He can only watch audition tapes and send notes for re-tapes. He said that he watches every tape, but he doesn't watch the entire tape. He said that they currently have six shows shooting in Vancouver. He specifically mentioned Riverdale, The Flash, Batwoman, and Superman & Lois. He also said that You will start shooting in about a month.

-- DRapaport said that the first show that he did was Gossip Girl.

-- Some personal talk about DRapaport's struggle to come out and fears of being outed when he was younger (in school). He also talked about his wedding to Ron Glines and how they’ve been together for 20 years.

Edited by tv echo

Colin Donnell (and his wife & baby) participated in this virtual charity event...

Broadway in the Bathroom from Unite to CURE Epilepsy
CURE - Citizens United for Research In Epilepsy   Oct 8, 2020

Broadway stars Miguel Cervantes (Hamilton), Alan H. Green (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), Tamar Greene (Hamilton), Eric Petersen (School of Rock), Montego Glover (Hamilton), Leslie Kritzer (Beetlejuice), Patti Murin (Frozen) and Colin Donnell (Violet) perform from their bathrooms for CURE Epilepsy's "Unite to CURE Epilepsy" virtual benefit. ...

Edited by tv echo