Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Judging by the tweets, it seems like they're being obnoxious children about the food. Hopefully they're mostly keeping it to themselves and not hassling the waitstaff. Bleh. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got the vibe that they are being dicks.  

I honestly can probably picture the kinds of customers they would be in my head right now and yeah my sympathies are with the waiters.

Tasting menus are usually set by the chef. If you have allergies/food preferences, they are really tough to navigate.  Aren't Stephen and his wife gluten or dairy free? Since being diagnosed as celiac I don't go to places that only have tasting menus because I can't order a la carte, and would never imagine protesting once I got there. I don't resent it, other than being slightly jealous of those who still get to experience it. 

11 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Tasting menus are usually set by the chef. If you have allergies/food preferences, they are really tough to navigate.  Aren't Stephen and his wife gluten or dairy free? Since being diagnosed as celiac I don't go to places that only have tasting menus because I can't order a la carte, and would never imagine protesting once I got there. I don't resent it, other than being slightly jealous of those who still get to experience it. 

I don't know what kind of food they're being served, but Stephen tweeted about the shrimp looking like baby fingers, and Juliana posted a pic where someone shaped some of the food into a penis. I'm guessing at this point the server is probably wishing this group didn't go to places that have tasting menus, LOL.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't know what kind of food they're being served, but Stephen tweeted about the shrimp looking like baby fingers, and Juliana posted a pic where someone shaped some of the food into a penis. I'm guessing at this point the server is probably wishing this group didn't go to places that have tasting menus, LOL.

And these people are approaching 40.  You wouldn't know it.

• Love 3

Last winter break, wasn't there some Trip Advisor review about some obnoxious guests at a resort which was pretty easily identifiable as Stephen and his friends? I believe it involved trying to jump on a shark.

I judge people based on how they treat wait staff.

• Love 4

I think they're probably trying to sound funny but they're just coming across like dicks tbh. 

They come across as very uncouth and tacky. SA I kinda expected to be like that but JH really surprised me here.

My 5yo can do tasting menus without any dramas or fussing. I would expect a bunch of 30 year olds to behave better.

• Love 2

What I don't get is, how do they think they're coming across? I assume they're not shooting for asshat but I don't see how rational people would think the general public would view this well. I'm a picky eater but I generally manage to not make an ass of myself when I can't find anything I want to eat (and if I did, I like to think I wouldn't feel the need to document the assiness for public consumption.)

• Love 4

Times like this I wish SA still hated twitter or claimed that it "wasn't real life" or whatever nonsense he came out with last. ?

19 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

What I don't get is, how do they think they're coming across? I assume they're not shooting for asshat but I don't see how rational people would think the general public would view this well. I'm a picky eater but I generally manage to not make an ass of myself when I can't find anything I want to eat (and if I did, I like to think I wouldn't feel the need to document the assiness for public consumption.)

I'm sure if you were to politely ask them if their intent Juliana would probably reply with some condescending and passive aggressive remark about feminism and positivity and not letting "haters" take her light blah blah blah. Stephen would probably come up with some insult that only he'd find hilarious and both of them are likely to bring up the go to deflection of Stemily shipper accusations. 

I dont not think these people are particularly self aware or even care. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I'm sure if you were to politely ask them if their intent Juliana would probably reply with some condescending and passive aggressive remark about feminism and positivity and not letting "haters" take her light blah blah blah. Stephen would probably come up with some insult that only he'd find hilarious and both of them are likely to bring up the go to deflection of Stemily shipper accusations. 

I dont not think these people are particularly self aware or even care. 

This is becoming more common and I find it highly insulting as huge EBR fan! I adore EBR and the thought of her shacking up with SA makes me shudder! He ain't no Oliver.

He is VERY suited to his wife imo! 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

He is VERY suited to his wife imo! 

This is so true. They're made for each other. And I kinda don't mean that in a nice way. ??

I can sympathize with showing up somewhere for dinner only to find out it's a tasting menu and likely put together more for appearance or a complicated one bite experience than actually feeding people.  It sounded like both SA and JH didn't really know what they were getting ahead of time.  So I get them mocking it and being goofy, but chances are the drinks weren't as tiny as the portions and yeah, they probably did get sloppy with what they were saying and doing around the waitstaff.  They probably just see it as joking around and having fun, but some of the most annoying people can be the ones just joking around.  

• Love 5

Would a tasting menu be that unusual for them?  They both come from large cities, they must have encountered it before.  And even if  there is a tasting menu, don't most restaurants have other things you can eat?

(edited)
13 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Last winter break, wasn't there some Trip Advisor review about some obnoxious guests at a resort which was pretty easily identifiable as Stephen and his friends? I believe it involved trying to jump on a shark.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It sounded like they were drunken nightmares for the other guests at the resort (and the guy who wrote the review didn’t even know who he was).

It’s odd because it sounds like they are at a place that does micro gastronomy - which likely means this was a pretty pricey restaurant. For someone who is somewhat famous and seems to eat out a lot, it’s odd that they seem perplexed by a fancy meal. 

Stuff like this makes me wonder how/why Aisha Tyler hangs with them. She’s a huge foodie - I remember listening to her podcast before going to Noma because she had good tips on how to navigate an experience like that. There’s no way she’d be down with this kind of BS at a nice resto.

Edited by Trisha
(edited)

More video clips (all by Jess) of portions of Arrow Villains panel (KC, JS, KA) at HVFF-London on May 27...

H&VFF London - Arrow Villains: Katie Cassidy on the Earth-[X] Black Siren x [Dark] Oliver romance (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbKgXaEf-to

-- On the unrequited love between Siren-X and Earth-X Oliver, KC: "What do I think of that? Well, I can't say anything. I like my job. I want to keep it."

-- On whether she was aware of the unrequited love back story between Siren-X and Earth-X Oliver, KC: "Yes, we had discussed it. But I also think, for me, playing a villain, I also love - I think, I love to play against what's written, or play against the dialogue. So that was an interesting way I - I kinda went about it when I went onto The Flash."

H&VFF London - Arrow Villains: Katie Cassidy on her feelings about Laurels death (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm5NodtST7c

-- KC: "It sucked, when I found out I was the one in the grave. It's funny, but it didn't - it's terrible to say this, but it didn't really occur to me until - I don't know,  how many episodes, 13, 14 - that I was going to be in the grave. I was like, 'nobody's in the grave, who knows who's going to be in the grave, this is television!' Um, yep, and then I got the phone call that I was the one that was in the grave. And I actually didn't know that they were going to bring me back. So, you know, it was definitely hard. I think it takes - you know, as an actor in general, it takes a real - It's hard, on your ego, on your confidence, on - it's just - it's hard. And, um - but I just thought, you know what, everything happens for a reason, and if it's meant to be, maybe we go find a way. And, sure enough, I got the phone call that they found a way, to bring me back! And, um, thanks to all of you guys because, um, we have really wonderful, loyal, the best loyal fans in the world. And I think a lot of - um, there were a lot of discussions going on online. And I think, you know - I just wanted to say 'thank you' 'cause I actually think it did sway the writers a bit, you know. [Unintelligible words] like, 'okay, shoot, maybe we should bring her back and make the fans happy.' Um, so I was grateful for that and, um, it's really fun to play a villain."

H&VFF London - Arrow Villains: Katie Cassidy on Black Siren's possible redemption (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYT-dBWnCHc

-- On Black Siren's possible redemption, KC: "A lot more will be revealed next season. Um, sorry, careful how I answer this, 'cause again we really like our jobs, and we don't want to spoil anything. Um, I do think there's room for redemption. I feel like she's almost her own island, in a way. And I do think that there will be a way for - she's a bit of a loose cannon. And you never know what you're going to get with her, and I think there will be a way - if the team were [unintelligible words] her, that they would be able to utilize her, in a way, um, whether - but I don't think she's ever to be trusted fully. But I definitely think we'll find out more about her back story, and her journey will certainly continue to evolve, and we'll see what happens - we'll see if it happens in Season 7. Stay tuned."

H&VFF London - Arrow Villains: Kirk Acevedo on Diaz' and Oliver' first fight scene (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HATIofbUcLw

-- KA: "Me and Stephen pretty much probably did 80% of that - that fight. And, uh, it was our first fight scene, so - Stephen was very gracious, you know what I mean? I didn't get hit, which is great, because a lot of times, you know, you work with some actors and sometimes you get hit by accident - or not accident... But he was a gentleman, and it was a - it was fun stuff. I mean, it just - it was fun."

H&VFF London - Arrow Villains: Who would win in a fight, Diaz or Prometheus? (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILPMb-TvzkQ

-- JS: "Let me tell you something about me and Kirk. We're both Puerto Rican, okay? So the answer to that question is, the Puerto Ricans would beat anyone else in this room." KA: "That's right. A Puerto Rican would win."

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

KC: "Yes, we had discussed it. But I also think, for me, playing a villain, I also love - I think, I love to play against what's written, or play against the dialogue. So that was an interesting way I - I kinda went about it when I went onto The Flash."

I’m sure this makes her a joy to work with, since the other actors are probably following the script like they’re supposed to.

• Love 19
23 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I’m sure this makes her a joy to work with, since the other actors are probably following the script like they’re supposed to.

Not to mention the writers I'm sure greatly appreciate that she's taken their hard work and...ignored it. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

And, sure enough, I got the phone call that they found a way, to bring me back! And, um, thanks to all of you guys because, um, we have really wonderful, loyal, the best loyal fans in the world. And I think a lot of - um, there were a lot of discussions going on online. And I think, you know - I just wanted to say 'thank you' 'cause I actually think it did sway the writers a bit, you know. [Unintelligible words] like, 'okay, shoot, maybe we should bring her back and make the fans happy.' Um, so I was grateful for that and, um, it's really fun to play a villain."

Is that what happened though? Because yes, they brought KC back but they didnt technically bring laurel back. Also if they cared about the fan backlash at the end of season 4, they wouldn't have waited another 16 episodes (10 months later) to bring in a new BC on the show. Black Siren was introduced on the Flash and KC herself said this was Kreisberg's idea after they killed LL off. SO bringing BS on Arrow isn't the same as bringing LL back from the dead. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cleanqueen said:

Is that what happened though? Because yes, they brought KC back but they didnt technically bring laurel back. Also if they cared about the fan backlash at the end of season 4, they wouldn't have waited another 16 episodes (10 months later) to bring in a new BC on the show. Black Siren was introduced on the Flash and KC herself said this was Kreisberg's idea after they killed LL off. SO bringing BS on Arrow isn't the same as bringing LL back from the dead. 

Shhh, let her have her head canon. This is the same person who thinks she's played BC for 6 years and who openly said she plays against what's written, LMAO!

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Shhh, let her have her head canon. This is the same person who thinks she's played BC for 6 years and who openly said she plays against what's written, LMAO!

argh silly me...how dare I try to use reason and logic against her statements.

• Love 3

I'm sure it's all BS but Enty revealed that blind item from a couple of weeks ago today, and it was indeed about SA, EBR and WH. Again, I take everything on his site with a giant grain of salt. He's broken some huge stuff but he has also admitted to lying to throw people off. Also, the timing of the original post is highly suspect (it was the same day WH's mom was having her Twitter moment).

5 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I'm sure it's all BS but Enty revealed that blind item from a couple of weeks ago today, and it was indeed about SA, EBR and WH. Again, I take everything on his site with a giant grain of salt. He's broken some huge stuff but he has also admitted to lying to throw people off. Also, the timing of the original post is highly suspect (it was the same day WH's mom was having her Twitter moment).

I know there are some who suspect Willas mom was the one who sent the blind to him. Either way I've been kind of ambivalent to Enty. 

Ill give him him credit though that I heard he was apparently posting about Harvey Weinstein ages before it broke in public. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

It can always be a point of view thing. Willa’s mom is a piece of work so she may have just decided that Amell and Emily pushed her out when her episodes were reduced. I will say that Amell is the only one who likely does have some influence on the producers but I think it’s along the lines of being able to not have scenes with another actor rather than getting someone fired. I don’t think Emily has any power at all and is dragged into the mess to try and make her look bad. 

Pretty much this.

• Love 1

If EBR has the power to get WH kicked off the show, why didn’t she use that power to get a storyline? 

Not convinced at all. Bye. ???

Emily can't even get the show to follow through on the storylines they keep promising her, but we're supposed to believe she could get Willa fired? Also, this isn't even the interesting part of this story. I wanna know why they would want her fired. 

• Love 20

He totally just reminded me of that guy from Supernatural who does that with customer service online all the time. So embarrassing. They do realize they can just call up the bank and complain that way, right? Why post this crap for all to see? CRINGE.

(edited)
36 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

He totally just reminded me of that guy from Supernatural who does that with customer service online all the time. So embarrassing. They do realize they can just call up the bank and complain that way, right? Why post this crap for all to see? CRINGE.

Probably thinks he'd get faster service than trying to go through customer service? I mean, ordinary folks tweet companies about their complaints and get responses, so ... 

I'd seen this happen to a friend while we're on vacation. Once in Quebec, she was paying for a rather fancy dinner for the group and her card was turned down. And she'd notified her bank before traveling, too. She was also bringing travelers checks and was able to pay. We would have happily footed the bill so it wasn't really a problem but she got really flustered at her card not working.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

Also, those tweets were pretty unassailable because BoA is the motherfucking worst at slapping fraud alerts on people's cards. Last December, my mom and I called BoA in advance to tell them we were going to be traveling to multiple countries in Asia and they still halted spending on our cards when we tried to use them. They're pretty bad about doing it domestically too. If I leave Florida without telling them first, my card is basically useless. I hate them so much. Shameless plug for American Express who never causes me these problems.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

I'm sure if you were to politely ask them if their intent Juliana would probably reply with some condescending and passive aggressive remark about feminism and positivity and not letting "haters" take her light blah blah blah.

You are a fortune teller!

Passive aggressive twitter post about positivity and haters etc etc just dropped right on cue ???

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

You are a fortune teller!

Passive aggressive twitter post about positivity and haters etc etc just dropped right on cue ???

I just read it.

m23MV0SF117EfAwfGRFVWDBpapdlHXFyUDr47J3E

I don't think 'over the top' or 'over compensating' is an expression Juliana hears very often. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/31/2018 at 11:34 PM, Soulfire said:

I feel like this is an example of SA's Twitter in a nutshell, and I don't mean that in a complimenting way. 

Sigh, Now I have to empathize with his wife.  I have broken more glasses in restaurants than I care to admit.  And I swear never once was I the least bit drunk.  

H&VFF London - Arrow Villains: Kirk Acevedo on Diaz' and Oliver' first fight scene (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HATIofbUcLw

-- KA: "Me and Stephen pretty much probably did 80% of that - that fight. And, uh, it was our first fight scene, so - Stephen was very gracious, you know what I mean? I didn't get hit, which is great, because a lot of times, you know, you work with some actors and sometimes you get hit by accident - or not accident... But he was a gentleman, and it was a - it was fun stuff. I mean, it just - it was fun."

I find this so telling.  KA basically admitted that often people he works with use stunt fights as an excuse to punch him.   We keep finding out such lovely things about the man.  

9 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I get using Twitter as a way to vent into the universe about frustrating things.  I can't complain about that.  But it was funny, BoA was in his replies offering to help....random people that were also replying to him, lol!  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Both of these interviews were done at Motor City ComicCon (May 18-20, 2018)...

Kirk Acevedo of "Arrow" Interview 2018
Published on Jun 1, 2018, by Ginger Beggs

-- On how it's been to be on Arrow, KA: "Oh, a lot of fun. I love the character. I love playing the character. You know, the thing with bad guys, bad guys are fun... Good guys are not fun."

-- On what's next for him in terms of projects, KA: "I go back to Arrow... It starts up in, like, five weeks." Interviewer: "So you're about to start shooting again?" KA: "Yeah. In July. Yeah."

-- On where Arrow is shot, KA: "Vancouver." Interviewer: "Lot of great places in Canada." KA: "Except it rains all the time. It rained for 38 days straight last winter. Straight." Interviewer: "Which makes for some pretty cool scenes when you guys are fighting." KA: "Oh no, the rain looks great."

Kirk Acevedo Talks Arrow | Comics, Beer & Sci-fi
Published on Jun 1, 2018, by Comics, Beer & Sci-fi

-- Interviewer: "I just want to point out, as a fan of Arrow that I watch every season, you are probably the best villain that they've had." KA: "Why you gotta add a 'probably'?" Interviewer: "Okay, he is the best villain. I just want to leave speculation. I don't want to be biased, 'cause you're sitting here!" 

-- KA: "You know, it's funny. When I first - Wendy Mericle and Marc Guggenheim, when they pitched the idea of me playing the bad guy, they said, 'we don't want the typical Arrow bad guy,' meaning like, over the top - see, I've never seen the show, so I don't know - this is what, their words. 'We want' - they named me two references - "We want Michael Corleone or Scarface.' That's what they want. They want a simmering, low, methodical - so that's what I did." Interviewer: "And you pulled it off perfectly. Perfectly." 

Spoiler

-- On what he has coming down the pipeline, KA: "I don't know if I could say - you up to date on Arrow?" Interviewer: "Yeah." KA: "Well, that starts up in five weeks. So that's - that's what I'll be doing." Interviewer: "I'm glad he's coming back and he's saving my show. I'm really happy. You're doing a great job. Thank you so much."

KA: "Don't tell that to Stephen. Don't tell Stephen I'm saving his show." Interviewer: "He's saving his show - no, I'm sorry. I don't want to fail."

Edited by tv echo