Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

They are so bitter over there. They try to mask their hate by saying "we love the actors." You're not fooling anyone.

I love how referred to Olicity fans as "fandom terrorists". He's so impartial unbiased and totally a respectful professional journalist. Not unhinged over fictional characters at all.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I love how referred to Olicity fans as "fandom terrorists". He's so impartial unbiased and totally a respectful professional journalist. Not unhinged over fictional characters at all.

He called an Olicity fan a Nazi too. Why he's allowed to manage "official" fansites, I'll never understand

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I got soooooo excited thinking it was an Olicity scene and then I deflated when I realised it was just them. It's still cute!

It would have been a great one, and the finale could really have used it.

• Love 3

Now GATV is claiming he loves Olicity but just thinks that a baby would not add anything to the show and that's why he's glad it didn't happen. Mmmkay. 

You know now what else doesn't add anything to the show? An ugly ass goatie! Yet Craig acts likes that's the most important thing in the entire world.  

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

It would have been a great one, and the finale could really have used it.

Kinda depressing when a pic of the two leads chilling is more "Olicity" than the Olicity we got in show. Whatever. I'm super bitter as you can see.

• Love 14

This pic of @MzKatieCassidy @kirkacevedo @JamesBamford et al enrapt at the playback monitor was taken during the #Arrow finale shoot. What could they possibly be looking at .....!?!?!?

Hopefully live video of the script being flushed down the toilet. 

• Love 6

SA probably didn't like not being center of attention at the OTA panels which explains why there isn't one any more. Haha.

(edited)
6 hours ago, lemotomato said:

He called an Olicity fan a Nazi too. Why he's allowed to manage "official" fansites, I'll never understand

Oh yeah a fan of a Jewish character is a Nazi, because that's not wrong at all. 

6 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

If we really were fandom terrorists presumably holding the writers hostage, we'd had got "dessert" every episode and not what happened last night, which was a slightly less awful version of S4's BMD/non communication stuff. Also if @Mellowyellow had been in charge Olicity would have had triplets by now. 

Why are we terrorists? I don't think NTA, Diaz or BS fans are holding the writers hostage, they are perfectly capable of writing crappy stuff on their own. 

Also Craig seems to be ignoring the S7 version of the rumours. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 3

At this point, given where the characters are (mostly NOT like their comic counterparts) - unless you're writing a specific arc that you'd like some backstory for, how would reading the comics help? I'd understand if everyone/everything was more canon compliant, but it's not. Seems like fan service tweeting, LOL. 

• Love 12
(edited)

They are why I can't quit Olicity or this stupid show. Even though that last scene was full of writing and directing fail, I thought their actual acting was great.

ETA, here's a full quote.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I want SA and EBR to do a movie or something outside of Arrow. Something that fully embraces their chemistry. Like HBO or Starz level embrace.

I would contribute my retirement savings to that Kickstarter.

I love that he said this while Diaz is still on the show. Heh.

• Love 18
(edited)

I was not expecting to see McKenna at the Royal Wedding. I did a double take. Lol

She looks amazing. So does Abigail Spencer. I love the vintage look. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2
(edited)

Video of last 35 minutes of SA panel at Wizard World Philadelphia (May 18) - warning: includes some crossover talk (posted in Spoilers thread)...

-- SA talked about auditioning 3X for The Vampire Diaries (he did not audition for the Stefan role).

-- SA said that Prometheus was his favorite villain to face off against, although he loves Manu. He said that JS' creating Prometheus was a "real big achivement" and that he "loves acting with Josh."

-- SA said that he gets "goosebumps" just thinking about the next crossover. He then talked about the crossover spoiler (per his CW upfront announcement).

-- On who he would bring back to the show, SA said he was so sad to lose PB, but he would bring back CD. He then talked about taking his daughter to see Frozen on Broadway.

-- He then answered a fan's question about working out and training for Arrow. He also said that his average gym time is between 30 minutes and 2 hours. He also said that he wants L.A. to be his home base with his wife and daughter "going forward."

-- SA then talked about a bet that he made with a friend about the Super Bowl. He's not an Eagles fan, but he's happy for the Eagles fanbase that they won the Super Bowl. He lost the bet (he did not think the Eagles would win), so now he has to go on his facebook page before the start of the next football season and spend five minutes talking about why the Eagles are the greatest sports team in history.

-- SA said that there are no plans for him to appear on CD's show, Chicago Med, although he would take any chance to work with Colin.

-- He said that he has the best alias, but he can't say what it is, except that it's Mad Men-related. He then said that he follows JB's advice: "If you give people a little bit of access, then when you ask for space, they'll give it to you. But if you constantly hold people at arm's length, their inclination will just be to rush at you." As an example, SA talked about walking through comic con last year, without a mask, and with only one security guard behind him. He basically "hid in plain sight."

-- Fan asked that, if he had a different costume to go in, what would he cosplay. SA: "For my birthday, Emily got me a sloth costume. And it might be my favorite thing... I'm going to go with my sloth costume."

-- SA then talked about the start of his acting career and during his 20's (had a big breakup, forced him to take stock of what was important in his life: friends, family, his dog, and acting).

-- On his favorite moment with the character of Felicity Smoak, SA: "I mean, that scene in the [Season 6] finale, uh, between the two of us was a real highlight for me, because I know it was a real highlight for Emily. And Emily's my good friend, and when she's excited, I'm excited... That first scene, maybe the first scene that we ever shot, in our third episode, because I didn't know that her character was going to be like that. Uh, when you see me smile, which is like the first time you saw Oliver smile, um, I was smiling because I was like enthused by her performance. So I don't think, you know - I don't think that we'll ever be able to rediscover the magic that happens in that first scene, but, man, from a gravity perspective, the scene in the finale was really something."

-- SA then talked about being starstruck by professional athletes, but when he was asked to say, "You have failed this city" by some of them at Coachella, he stopped being starstruck.

-- When fan asked about the "mayonnaise jar," SA said that Aisha Tyler would kill him if he told.

--- SA then talked about shooting the Crisis on Earth-X crossover where Melissa Benoist is supposed to be laying on the gurney. He was with Tom Cavanagh, and they realized that she was actually asleep. They started singing about how she was asleep during the crossover.

-- He said that it took him "15 to 20 minutes" to master the salmon ladder. I think he was joking. 

-- SA was then asked about an Arrow/Supernatural crossover. Usual response of no plans, but he'd do it.

-- He then said that he was "fired up" that Constantine is going to be on LoT.

-- On whether the Winter Soldier would be an enemy or a friend to the Green Arrow if there was a Marvel/DC crossover, SA said that he has a "man crush on Sebastian Stan and that Stan has "dreamy eyes." He then said that he hoped they would be friends and that Oliver would be friends with all of the Avengers. There was then some talk about how Hawkeye is missing from Avengers: Infinity War. SA has still not seen that movie and keeps asking for spoilers, but no one will tell him.

-- SA then talked about he's learned to fight on camera, which is a "specific thing."

-- On whether his daughter will ever cameo on Arrow, SA said no. However, he said that she really loves coming on set and that she takes it very seriously. Once, when she yelled "action" and "cut", that cracked up KA.

-- SA read comics when he was growing up, but that had nothing to do with him getting cast on Arrow. It was just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. He knew nothing about the Green Arrow when he got the part. He didn't try to learn much, because he wanted to "trust the vision" that the show creators had.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
22 hours ago, Trisha said:

Here's a live-stream of the panel:

This @BluePhoenix1 video included the first 10 or so minutes of SA's panel that were missing from the @emptiedwallets video.

-- On Olicity's final scene in S6 and where he has to go emotionally to act in a scene like that, SA: "To me, I think a little about, it's my last scene of the season with Emily... So you're putting a cap on things... I let some of my own emotions drift into Oliver, you know what I mean? ... The easiest thing to do in situations like that, I don't actually have to go anywhere. I just have to look at Emily because her crying makes me cry."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
(edited)

I'm pretty sure Felicity only "respects" Malcolm in that she respects him as a dangerous sociopath, but I do appreciate JB's insight about their dynamic.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 4
(edited)

From SA panel this afternoon at Motor City Comic Con (May 19)...

-- On the final Olicity scene in 623, SA: "It's a very sad scene. That scene was more tiring than a fight scene... I just appreciated what, A) we got to do with the scene. I also appreciated that, after that scene, Emily came up to me and was like, 'that particular scene made the entire season worth it for me.' So, it was very nice."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I wish he would have a look at the aired Oliver/Felicity scene before he continues to wax rhapsodic about it.

5 hours ago, bijoux said:

I hope his Mad Men alias is Betty Draper.

More prosaically it's something to do with Cassandra's character since that is  where he first noticed her.

• Love 2