Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

^^^ So that was a brief appearance...

-- Host mentioned Arrow and the salmon ladder. SA said that you can't do this forever, "unless you're the guys from Supernatural." He said that he's been doing the show for 6 years.

-- They talked about his Nocking Point wines and SA mentioned the wines that he did with EBR and CH.

-- Host mentioned the season finale coming up and asked if he watches the show live. SA: "I watch the studio and the network cut, but I almost never watch it live." But he quickly added that you should watch Arrow tonight live.

-- No finale spoilers or hints given! :(

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Warning: other parts of this ET interview (from this morning) contain spoilerish comments...

Stephen Amell & Andrew Harding Entertainment Tonight
Published on May 10, 2018, by Alexia RB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJBk98SePD8

-- On Nocking Point's collaboration with EBR for a wine, SA: "Her collaboration was a real proof of concept for us, that if the person - I mean, obviously, Emily's incredibly popular and resonates with people for obvious reasons. But that was really proof of concept that, if a collaborator really leans into the idea and makes the wine really personally represent them, then it really resonates with people who are fans of ours, but are just fans of wine in general."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The only thing I quibble with here is that they never fell out of love, but I otherwise totally agree.

Arrow: Oliver and Felicity's Latest Spat Proves There's Still Olicity Stories to Tell

By Lindsay MacDonald | May 10, 2018 10:21 PM EDT

Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) may have fallen in love, out of love, back in love, become co-parents and gotten married, but Arrow's latest episode has somehow proven that there's still a lot of story to tell for these two characters and their relationship.

After realizing that Diaz (Kirk Acevedo) had the same Achilles heel as all supervillains — backing all your crimes up on one zip drive? Come on, buddy, you're better than that — the race was on to steal the information from that drive and use it to free Star City from under his thumb. Unfortunately, the only way to get it was to use Felicity's sniffer to remotely download the drive's contents, which required her to go into the field. Or at least, close to the field.

She promised Oliver she wouldn't do anything stupid, but still, he was nervous for her.

"It's just where he is right now," Stephen Amell told TV Guide of Oliver's overprotectiveness. "He was trying to go about his business alone, but I think that William (Jack Moore) is a real game-changer. Making sure that he has at least one parent, and essentially that's what [Felicity] has become, changes the stakes for him."

. . . 

Fans might not love to see Oliver and Felicity at odds with one another, but this episode actually proves that Arrow has a lot more story to tell for a couple that's already run the gauntlet. They've only just begun to explore who they are as parents (Felicity is the fun one, and Oliver's the grumpy one, obviously), let alone what their new family does to their romantic relationship. The ins and outs of a mother and father dynamic are very different than that of a husband and wife or a vigilante and hacker. The fact that they're still able to have these little spats and come out of them changed (and stronger) bodes well for the future of this ship and the show as a whole.

Whether next week's finale sees them driving off into the sunset again or dangling off the edge of another cliff, it's safe to say there's still a huge amount of story left for fans to fret and flail over in the seasons to come.

• Love 2

Also, Felicity's said twice this season that she's loved Oliver for six years, ever since she met him. No falling out of love in sight. LOL.

(edited)

Oops. Just realized I posted that here instead of the media thread. I will blame it on distraction caused my Olicity kissing gifs.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, bijoux said:

... You could be right. Oops. Let that be my dose of foot in mouth for today.

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that - because the "i" in Felicity isn't the same sound as they "y" in Lyla, I don't think you're wrong! I just never really thought anything of it until you mentioned it, haha.

(edited)

SA is still on for May 15...

Scoop: Upcoming Guests on LIVE WITH KELLY AND RYAN 5/14 - 5/18 on ABC
TV Scoop May. 11, 2018 
https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-Upcoming-Guests-on-LIVE-WITH-KELLY-AND-RYAN-514-518-on-ABC-20180511

Tuesday, May 15 - Kelly and Ryan sit down with "Beat Shazam" host JAMIE FOXX and his daughter CORINNE. Plus, "Arrow" star STEPHEN AMELL stops by, and cookbook author MARK BITTMAN shares tips for "how to grill everything."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
4 hours ago, Trisha said:

I loved the first season of the original Roswell. I hope she does it justice! 

I love how all the comments are pretty much negative. If Carina wasnt a sycophant hanger on and is one of the reason the Jar group have become so obnoxious Id be more willing to see how the show does but....nah. I'll stick to the original with Michael and Maria. I'm looking forward to the show doing as terribly as all non DC CW shows do. 

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I don’t think it’s a job she’d want anyway. She hasn’t had good things to say about Arrow the last couple of years. 

That’s true. The one time I really liked her was when she was so vocal about the fact that Arrow did a gun control episode and didn’t give Felicity (a victim of gun violence) a POV. I always wondered if she was speaking up on EBR’s behalf, who probaby felt like she couldn’t publicly complain. 

(edited)

She may not be interested in production stuff so she's not prioritizing It? S.A. is really invested because he's the face of the show and he's a control freak, DR wants to direct. JH, RG and EK need to make nice to be redeemed. EBR may be busy doing  other stuff and hasn't made time yet.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

If I am remembering correctly, EBR has mentioned before she doesn't really like knowing what the writers are planning.  In the one case she mentioned the fact that they tell her things and then they don't happen anyway.  I think she also mentioned that since Felicity would't know what was going to happen it made sense for her not to know too far in advance either.  So it could be it just isn't a priority for her.   

• Love 11
Just now, calliope1975 said:

Are you sure I'm going to love S7, Steve? I appreciate his confidence, but I'm going to need some good spoilers to muster excitement.

Last time he said it was for 618, so tbh him saying that alone does intrigue me. 

6 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Are you sure I'm going to love S7, Steve? I appreciate his confidence, but I'm going to need some good spoilers to muster excitement.

Heh. He told her to go ask David.

• Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

He knows that fan pretty well (she goes to a lot of HVFFs and talks to him every time) so I don't think he'd say something like that to her and not mean it.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

DR and SA said that about S6 I believe. Looking back, I understand why. There was more OTA this season than there has been since S2 and Olicity got married.  With the exception of Olicity though, it all fall apart.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

DR and SA said that about S6 I believe. Looking back, I understand why. There was more OTA this season than there has been since S2 and Olicity got married.  With the exception of Olicity though, it all fall apart.

Yeah, I'm guessing they were told "Olicity gets married, Diggle gets the suit for a little while, OTA bands together after the newbies get mad at them/Oliver," which on paper and pre-production sounds fun and exciting and easy to push at cons and probably looked fun like with SA, EBR, and DR getting more interactions with each other on set but just petered out in a way with everything else going on.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Chaser said:

When they told fans that they only knew about 6A. I don't think things really went off the rails until after 609

• Love 12
4 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

He also said I would love S5, even put it in his Twitter bio....I did not love most of S5. 

• Love 2