Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

@TwistedandBored Yeah, I forgot Keiynan tbh. I know that sounds awful but he's been so neglected by these shows. He does seem cool.

He really has been neglected by all of these shows. I am hoping Legends treat him well next season. It is also fun to see him get high profile work outside of DCTV. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

@TwistedandBored Yeah, Legends didn't give him much this season, but hopefully that's because he joined late. I hope he gets some shine next season.

Yeah. He joined the season late and it is understandable they won't have a lot for him to do. However, I am hoping next season, they use him well and take advantage of the fact Wally can travel through time without gadgets. He is a Speedster after all.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

What was it that happened with Carina?  I missed it.  I picked up (from this thread) that she attacked a fan on Twitter, but I never caught what it was all about.

Ok so here is what I gathered! Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Carina was pictured wearing a religious necklace while drinking. A person on Twitter (who had a picture of EBR and SA on her profile thingy) sent Carina a tweet about how it was offensive to people of that religion if you wear that necklace while boozing up and she should rethink wearing it (something like that). At NO point did they mention anything about SA or EBR who have absolutely nothing to do with this.

Carina defends her right to wear necklace which is all well and good but then she also goes on a rampage and swears at this person (F word and all) and says stuff about how this person is fantasising that SA and EBR are having an affair.

Later on Carina posts another post about deleting the tweet. Someone else replies to the tweet and mentions that Carina should have left her friends (ie SA and EBR) out of it. Carina responds that her friends back her 100%

So I am snooping around Twitter and it seems like there is a pact amongst some people to not put any more money into SA and EBR's pockets as they are clearly associated with this terrible woman. Some claim to have unfollowed EBR. There is fighting of some sort to those who are still supportive and those who are not supportive. So and an so forth! I can't tell who is who as all the icons look similar but yeah.....lots of pissed people!

I do wonder if this will impact any projects they embark on in the future as some people seem pretty angry about this. 

Thing is they had NOTHING to do with this until that crazy awful woman dragged them into it! 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ok so here is what I gathered! Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Carina was pictured wearing a religious necklace while drinking. A person on Twitter (who had a picture of EBR and SA on her profile thingy) sent Carina a tweet about how it was offensive to people of that religion if you wear that necklace while boozing up and she should rethink wearing it (something like that). At NO point did they mention anything about SA or EBR who have absolutely nothing to do with this.

Carina defends her right to wear necklace which is all well and good but then she also goes on a rampage and swears at this person (F word and all) and says stuff about how this person is fantasising that SA and EBR are having an affair.

Later on Carina posts another post about deleting the tweet. Someone else replies to the tweet and mentions that Carina should have left her friends (ie SA and EBR) out of it. Carina responds that her friends back her 100%

So I am snooping around Twitter and it seems like there is a pact amongst some people to not put any more money into SA and EBR's pockets as they are clearly associated with this terrible woman. Some claim to have unfollowed EBR. There is fighting of some sort to those who are still supportive and those who are not supportive. So and an so forth! I can't tell who is who as all the icons look similar but yeah.....lots of pissed people!

I do wonder if this will impact any projects they embark on in the future as some people seem pretty angry about this. 

Thing is they had NOTHING to do with this until that crazy awful woman dragged them into it! 

Oh wow.  *facepalm*  Yeah, I missed all that - thanks for the summary. 

• Love 2

From what I can tell Carina thrives on real and self-created drama and name dropping her celebrity friendships. This combined the two things nicely once she dragged Stephen and Emily into it and then followed up by implying they agreed with everything she was saying.  

She could have just ignored the original tweet but once she latched on she just wouldn’t let it go. It seems like such a stupid thing to do considering she has a show she’s trying to get picked up by The CW.  It’s probably not the smartest idea to antagonize potential fans before you even get started. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Sucks although it doesn't necessarily mean the cheating rumours were true, it was obviously not a great marriage. Hope they can both move on from this. At least CH has a job with people he knows next year to help him focus on something else, even if I'm still a bit wary of it. 

I'm not sure what to make of the cheating rumors.   I'd certainly never cheat on Colton.   But Colton seems like a beautiful guy who wouldn't want anyone attacked,  this fandom can be... over the top.   I think at the end of the day,  the two defintely just fell in love and rushed into a marriage thinking it was going to be like dating forever and then it wasn't.   And then personal life happened and it got harder.   It's so shitty but it's not the first couple this has happened to.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Not to defend Carina, but apparently the person who complained about her wearing a Muslim necklace while drinking has @‘d her in the past about EBR and SA’s affair, and that’s why she went off. It was bad form all around. Carina shouldn’t have paid her any attention, but no one should be directly mentioning rumours about SA’s marriage to someone who is obviously one of his closest friends (whether you like her or not). I hate the Stemily stuff but if you want to engage with it for fun, keep it in the DMs/forums and out of their friends’ mentions. 

Also, I don’t believe for a second that anyone who is that invested in SA and EBR’s relationship to complain about this will actually stop supporting them. 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Delphi said:

But Colton seems like a beautiful guy who wouldn't want anyone attacked,  this fandom can be... over the top. 

I don't know if anything was going on with the fandom, but it felt like gay media outlets and gay Twitter scarcely talked about anything else that day on social media. It was a big deal. I was happily surprised to see that most of the comments on sites like Queerty and Towleroad were snarky about the duration of the marriage, but supportive of Colton.

ETA: I should add that the comments about Jeff were pretty awful, which may have been part of why Colton wanted people to lay off of him.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

Not to defend Carina, but apparently the person who complained about her wearing a Muslim necklace while drinking has @‘d her in the past about EBR and SA’s affair, and that’s why she went off. It was bad form all around. Carina shouldn’t have paid her any attention, but no one should be directly mentioning rumours about SA’s marriage to someone who is obviously one of his closest friends (whether you like her or not). I hate the Stemily stuff but if you want to engage with it for fun, keep it in the DMs/forums and out of their friends’ mentions. 

Also, I don’t believe for a second that anyone who is that invested in SA and EBR’s relationship to complain about this will actually stop supporting them. 

actually that  person didn't ever tweet her or direct any of their tweets about SA and EBR to her. She just saw an account with stephen and emily pic and decided that it was fair game to accuse them of propagating an affair between SA and EBR.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Oh yeah. I thought it was hilarious more than anything else. To me (I might be cynical), it sounded like someone had noticed that EBR had started hanging out with SA and his wife lately and decided to make a blind about it.  And just for some extra salaciousness, let’s throw in a hint about EBR and CA. Lol.

EBR, SA and wife hanging out actually reminds me of a couple I know. They were married and quite happy but they adored another friend who was a very very lovely and very popular girl. They hung out heaps for a few years until Lovely Girl got married, had a family of her own. They still hang out now but not as much. 

On another note EBR is just too cute in that vid! Sooooo adorable!!!!! 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Looks like the gang all got together last night to celebrate his birthday. The bathtub pic is super cute!

What was Stephen asking? Something about "opening it" and Emily answers "Pink!" I couldn't make out the first part of what he was asking.

What do you think when you open it? -Pink.

5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

What was Stephen asking? Something about "opening it" and Emily answers "Pink!" I couldn't make out the first part of what he was asking.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

actually that  person didn't ever tweet her or direct any of their tweets about SA and EBR to her. She just saw an account with stephen and emily pic and decided that it was fair game to accuse them of propagating an affair between SA and EBR.

Oh man, I'm sorry. Carina said she had been in her mentions a lot and her "entire online existence is devoted to pretending a man you don't know is cheating on his wife with my best friend" so I assumed she was telling the truth about having a history with that person. What a weird thing to lie about! It's such a mess. I don't know why she would even engage at all. 

None of this makes sense to me. My original question still confuses me: what is their social media strategy? CDAN is a big deal (Vanity Fair did a profile on him; my entertainment reporter friend says her and her colleagues check his site often) and for sure any publicist worth their salt would be monitoring it -- especially because he's been posting SA/EBR blinds for years and his message about them has been pretty consistent. So what was Carina thinking by getting into that drama on Twitter when her new show is waiting on a pickup order? Or the jar crew with this weekend's pics and their friends comments on them? They clearly have some sort of strategy (SA and EBR seem careful not to pose together on their weekend adventures), but I just can't figure out what it is...

I hope EBR's new team has some social media strategists on staff. 

I haven't read CDAN in years, but he is widely mocked/not trusted on other gossip sights. IIRC, he's admitted to making up blind items. I don't see any reason why they should alter their actions to dignify him.

(SA and EBR seem careful not to pose together on their weekend adventures)

I'm not sure I agree. If they cared about rumors, I think their HVFF photo ops would look a lot different, LOL.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I haven't read CDAN in years, but he is widely mocked/not trusted on other gossip sights. IIRC, he's admitted to making up blind items. I don't see any reason why they should alter their actions to dignify him.

According to my friend, in the industry he's still a big deal. He also gained a lot of credibility recently for being right about his MeToo blinds on Weinstein, Spacey, Lauer, etc.

4 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I'm not sure I agree. If they cared about rumors, I think their HVFF photo ops would look a lot different, LOL.

Oh yeah, the photo opps/paid event thing is its own beast. I'm talking more about their social downtime with his wife. Seems like they kept their distance in posed photos during Coachella and the Derby, and it's only the spontaneous stuff caught by others (like them singing "Sweet Caroline" to the bartender) that they're together on their own. 

I just hope they don't let gossip columnists, messy fans or messy friends make them self-conscious about their friendship. Obviously, their closeness leads to all kinds of speculation about their relationship. But they both freely admit to spending a lot of time together offscreen, his wife seems cool with it, and she appears to adore Emily as well. If that's because they're all really close friends, great. If that's because they're a polyamorous throuple, great. I don't care as long as they continue to have awesome chemistry on screen, and I think so much of their chemistry is rooted in how much they like each other in real life. 

• Love 9

CDAN blinds regarding Arrow and the cast didn't used to be outlandish. There were blinds regarding KC's behavior that fall in line with what the Paps were reporting. The blinds about SA and EBR used to be more straight forward, just stuff like getting caught making out and hanging out together in LA. Nothing so crazy it was out of the realm of possibly. The recent stuff though reads like fanfic click bait. I don't take his word as fact because he does admit to making up blinds, but I also don't think everything written about Arrow is strictly fiction.

12 minutes ago, Trisha said:

According to my friend, in the industry he's still a big deal. He also gained a lot of credibility recently for being right about his MeToo blinds on Weinstein, Spacey, Lauer, etc.

Oh yeah, the photo opps/paid event thing is its own beast. I'm talking more about their social downtime with his wife. Seems like they kept their distance in posed photos during Coachella and the Derby, and it's only the spontaneous stuff caught by others (like them singing "Sweet Caroline" to the bartender) that they're together on their own. 

Or when CR doesn't tell them she is doing an IG live video on set and they are plastered to each other on the couch. Or when she grabs his butt during a take. Or when he rubs her back when they aren't filming. Or when she rubs his thigh at SDCC. Or she's on his lap at a wrap party. etc. They have a clearly touchy friendship (at the very least) with each other ... except when they are hanging around the jars. Then it's all everyone is BFFs and SA and Cass are RelationshpGoals.  

It's weird, random and came out of nowhere. It could also be completely genuine and have nothing whatsoever to do with any type of PR goal. SA and EBR could be nothing but friends. Idk.

But I don't blame anyone for raising an eyebrow.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Funny thing is Carina and Jarett used to engage and interact with Enty and it is widely believed that they were the ones feeding him the info. Enty hasn't reported on SA/EBR but his last blind pretty much confirms the narrative that they are showing currently-Everyone hanging out and being OK with the situation as it stands. The odd thing is how Carina is the only one out here publicly denying there is something going on when neither SA or EBR have ever addressed rumors or told fans to not fan the flames. It's also interesting that him and his wife were using that headline as a joke even though the rumors have been flying for the better part of 3 years.

Have any of the blinds that supposedly refer to SA and EBR ever been answered/updated? A lot of folks were saying this blind is about them but I think it's about those Riverdale kids. Although the blind did get posted right around EBR's birthday.

#1 - You can question the real life ship of these almost network co-stars all you want, but you have to explain to me why, if there is nothing going on would he drop $25K on some earrings for her birthday.

12 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Have any of the blinds that supposedly refer to SA and EBR ever been answered/updated?

I think the only one about them that he's revealed is this one, and it's not even that scandalous. This one about the limo is also rumoured to be about them. Who knows, though? His site isn't very reliable (although interestingly, he's had blinds for years about all the Jay Z/Tidal stuff that's breaking today).

(edited)
19 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Have any of the blinds that supposedly refer to SA and EBR ever been answered/updated? A lot of folks were saying this blind is about them but I think it's about those Riverdale kids. Although the blind did get posted right around EBR's birthday.

#1 - You can question the real life ship of these almost network co-stars all you want, but you have to explain to me why, if there is nothing going on would he drop $25K on some earrings for her birthday.

Except that one literally came out on Emily's birthday while they celebrated her birthday the weekend at SDCC.

Edited by Cleanqueen
(edited)

The thing that makes it look so weird is that it moved so quickly from SA and EBR rarely, if ever, hanging out together outside of the show to now spending multiple days and weekends in a row together with his wife and the extended friend group. 

I don’t particularly care about it one way or the other, I just hope that whatever’s been stirred up in the last few days doesn’t impact how SA and EBR act on the show in future. Their scenes together as Oliver and Felicity are one of the most enjoyable parts of the story for me and I don’t want it to be affected by offset drama and awkwardness. 

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

Except that one literally came out on Emily's birthday while they celebrated her birthday the weekend at SDCC.

I remember my friends reacting to that blind and basically coming to a consensus that it can't be SA because he comes across as a bit cheap to be giving away $25,000 earrings, LOL

3 hours ago, Trisha said:

I think the only one about them that he's revealed is this one, and it's not even that scandalous. This one about the limo is also rumoured to be about them. Who knows, though? His site isn't very reliable (although interestingly, he's had blinds for years about all the Jay Z/Tidal stuff that's breaking today).

That site is so hard to navigate. I was looking on my phone earlier and it just kept reloading on me. Weird. First time I saw that limo thing. Huh.

Anyway, the blind about KC was also updated and it makes less sense now than when no names were involved, LOL

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Oh yeah I remember that one.  It made no sense at the time, and makes less sense now.  Legends was never KC’s show, and ME was never going to be a new cast member for Arrow - they couldn’t even manage to get her to guest star on Legends this year. 

I thought maybe you were referring to the earlier one - something about rewriting everything to get rid of her.  

Edited by Starfish35
13 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Oh yeah I remember that one.  It made no sense at the time, and makes less sense now.  

I thought maybe you were referring to the earlier one - something about rewriting everything to get rid of her.  

Was that from back in the second season? One thing about Enty, he'd been talking about Arrow trying to get rid of KC since pretty much the beginning.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Was that from back in the second season? One thing about Enty, he'd been talking about Arrow trying to get rid of KC since pretty much the beginning.

I think so.  Let me see if I can google it....

(edited)
15 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

It says at the top that it was revealed on May 7, 2016, but originally posted on Dec 2105. Interestingly, her overall deal to appear across all the DCTV CW shows was announced a month after the reveal. I wonder if she was originally supposed to have a bigger part on LoT? And Vixen joined LoT, but she wasn't played by Megalyn Echikunwoke. That whole KC deal didn't really pan out the way it was originally reported how it would, so I wonder if a lot of things changed.

Edited by Trisha

Maybe KC's "connections" were not as good as she thought and she didn't get the deal she thought she would. I don't think she was ever considered for her own show. She was never going to be a regular on LoT. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

It says at the top that it was revealed on May 7, 2016, but originally posted on Dec 2105. Interestingly, her overall deal to appear across all the DCTV CW shows was announced a month after the reveal. I wonder if she was originally supposed to have a bigger part on LoT? And Vixen joined LoT, but she wasn't played by Megalyn Echikunwoke. That whole KC deal didn't really pan out the way it was originally reported how it would, so I wonder if a lot of things changed.

I don’t know, but I can’t twist that one in any way that it makes sense.  Legends was never going to be KC’s show, ever.  It wasn’t even CL’s show, not at first, although she’s evolved into the lead.  And the whole reason they created the character of Amaya was because they wanted Vixen on Legends but ME wouldn’t agree to do it.  

• Love 1

I would not be surprised if KC had heard a spin off was in the works and tried to get a lead role on it. By the end of S3 she must of known that BC wasn't going to get her the female lead back.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Thanks for looking this up, @Starfish35. What I find interesting about this BI is how it tracks with a lot of the things that were set up in season 2, where it really seemed CL/Sara was poised to take over the BC role. Also, the posting date— the summer before season 2– also undermines the common rebuttal that anti-KC rumors were fueled by Olicity fans. Clearly, those rumors existed even before Olicity became really popular.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

It says at the top that it was revealed on May 7, 2016, but originally posted on Dec 2105. 

Oh, we were talking about the blind that Starfish posted from 2013. The one I thought was from the second season, but apparently was posted even before S2 began. 

• Love 1

I think someone mentioned the other day in the spoilers thread about the cast meetings with the writers. Sounds like Stephen finally had his. I think that leaves Emily as the only one we haven't heard about (yet).

(edited)
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

I wonder how long until Echo jumps in.

Fandom is so embarrassing but I wish JH would stop giving these people a platform. Ugh. IGNORE THEM.

Edited by Guest

That tweet is actually completely fair. It addresses the way she perceives and connects or doesn’t connect with religion. If only Carina was the type of person who knew to stop there.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, bijoux said:

That tweet is actually completely fair. It addresses the way she perceives and connects or doesn’t connect with religion. If only Carina was the type of person who knew to stop there.

Yeah that was one of the tweets Carina deleted so I didn't see it. But she should have just tweeted that and none of the "fuck you"s and false accusations that the person who tweeted her was a Stemily Shipper (she isn't nor has been) and  regularly comes into Carinas mention (the person had taken a long break from twitter and had only tweeted Carina once a long time ago). 

If she tweeted that it would have been a reasonable rational response that I think the person would have understood and avoided all the bs.

But the Jar Group and basically anyone involved in the Flarrow Verse basically thinks knee jerk responses, being assholes to fans and doubling down on being assholes to fans is good enough. 

• Love 2

For people who are in the public eye these guys are not very swift when it comes to social media.  If you are willing to dish out your opinion then you better be ready to take someone else's  whether you agree or not.  More importantly you should not have to drag anyone else in your fight because that is what a coward does.