Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)
15 minutes ago, bijoux said:

It's delicious and has its place. That place is not on a pizza.

I liked this after reading the first sentence and then saw the second sentence and was like "hey!"  Ha

9OikvFLfU3lSLfdxUpS609s4poORgZMvu6g7XOIV

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 4
(edited)
36 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

...on to my pizza.  

Nope, I will make sure to keep it far, far away!  :D

Total West Coast thing. I've actually had Ham & Pineapple on a pizza, it's not bad but, not something I would seek out.

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Total West Coast thing. I've actually had Ham & Pineapple on a pizza, it's not bad but, not something I would seek out.

I've had it but it was a clash of flavors I did not enjoy together.  It's not the sweet part since I LOVE red sweet red peppers on pizza, but some combo of the sweet and tart and the texture, was just a big, nope, nope, nope.  I also hate BBQ pizza.  They had a similar tang that was not for me.   

9 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@LeighAn what did he say about Ray???

No mention of Ray in this clip but he's done the stank face when EBR talked about Ray as an option back in season three.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@LeighAn what did he say about Ray???

Basically he talked about being constantly surprised by the scripts like (and he says this kind of sarcastically) "Oh no I kill Billy?" Then he pauses and says half heartedly "RIP Billy" 

20 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I've had it but it was a clash of flavors I did not enjoy together.  It's not the sweet part since I LOVE red sweet red peppers on pizza, but some combo of the sweet and tart and the texture, was just a big, nope, nope, nope.  I also hate BBQ pizza.  They had a similar tang that was not for me.   

My family think I'm gross for liking seafood pizza

• Love 1

So I haven't seen the video but I saw people on twitter saying in an interview that Willa used the "n" word when saying hi to Katie. After all the problematic and semi problematic things this cast has said/done I think they need to have like a diversity training day or something. Not good. 

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

So I haven't seen the video but I saw people on twitter saying in an interview that Willa used the "n" word when saying hi to Katie. After all the problematic and semi problematic things this cast has said/done I think they need to have like a diversity training day or something. Not good. 

I read that and went to watch the video but I can't hear it. They were saying it was at the beginning of the pug video..maybe I got the wrong video?

29 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I read that and went to watch the video but I can't hear it. They were saying it was at the beginning of the pug video..maybe I got the wrong video?

I found the full video. It doesn't look like she says it to Katie like I read but to the dog, but yeah she says it:

I guess it's one of those things where I was too focused on the cute dog and Stephen and Emily acting like a married couple to notice the first time. Like I didn't know that Katie was trying to get in between Stephen and Emily's hug in the signing booth until someone pointed it out.

Anyway it's disappointing of Willa.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I found the full video. It doesn't look like she says it to Katie like I read but to the dog, but yeah she says it:

I guess it's one of those things where I was too focused on the cute dog and Stephen and Emily acting like a married couple to notice the first time. Like I didn't know that Katie was trying to get in between Stephen and Emily's hug in the signing booth until someone pointed it out.

Anyway it's disappointing of Willa.

Oh yeah I hear it. I stopped the video after the first "what's up" from Katie so I couldn't understand what people were talking about..

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Oh yeah I hear it. I stopped the video after the first "what's up" from Katie so I couldn't understand what people were talking about..

I don't think she was being malicious-just careless- so I'm not going to tar and feather her but Willa, some things you just don't say!

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I don't think she was being malicious so I'm not going to tar and feather her but Willa, some things you just don't say!

Yeah, I hope someone can tell her it's not okay so she can quit saying it. Not the fans because I don't think the way most people call out others on SM brings many results (even if of course I have nothing against anyone telling her what she did was wrong) but someone she has in her life so she can listen.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Why use it at all, though. She is a white priviled women who just throws the word around in casual convo.

I agree with you. I've always thought it was a standard thing to teach any child from a very young age that you do not use the word. Ever. 

• Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Why use it at all, though. She is a white priviled women who just throws the word around in casual convo.

Oh for sure. She should have never said that. I don't think she was thinking when she said it, which means she doesn't understand the impact that word has in the  culture of black people which just shows her lack of education and awareness and just ignorance. But even then I can't excuse her entirely since I feel like there's an unwritten rule about never using that word even if you don't know the history of that word.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 1

In some of the photos, with Katie's hair up, it looks like she has a pixie cut. I'll be honest; if she ever cut her hair like that, it wouldn't be a bad idea. I personally think she looks cute with the pixie hair. I think the short hair look could actually suit her very well. 

• Love 2

Usually I find KC really pretty. That particular hair color though does take away from that. From certain angles her hair looks almost orange. It is a weird color. 

• Love 1
(edited)

It sounds to me like Willa is saying "heyah" or perhaps "playah". I don't hear the N word at all and, not a single person reacted to it.

I'm going with the Internet being the Internet on this one.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

It took several listens for me to make out anything, and I still can't say for sure what she said. 

I can't make anything out either.

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't think she did. 

Watch Willa after Katie says "Wassup Doug". Like it's clear. It's not even muttered or said under her breath. 

Edited by LeighAn
(edited)
5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Watch Willa after Katie says "Wassup". Like it's clear. It's not even muttered or said under her breath. 

Obviously it's not clear since a bunch of others can't hear it either

Sorry I've listened to it 5 times with my head phones on. I do not hear the N word at all. 

I just listened again and I agree with @Midnight Lullaby sounds like "heeeey Doug" in a deeper drawn out voice.

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)

No spoilers - except about stunts in general (surprise, Bamford joins the cast at this interview)...

Arrow Season 6 Comic-Con 2017 QNA Livestream
Published on Jul 22, 2017, by The World of Flash

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I watched Willa the entire video and didn't see or hear it. Maybe I'm watching the wrong vid. This is such a sensitive topic for me that I want something definitive before I start my side-eyeing. 

It's here from :07-:09 - she sings whatever she says:

I've listened to it a few times and I can't really tell what she's saying. 

4 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Thanks @apinknightmare. I was watching the right vid. I heard "yuh yuh" so I'll bow out of this one for now. (I can't imagine EK not having any type of reaction if she did say it, but again, I can't be positive what she's saying.)

That's where i am, if I can't be positive and there's a lot of debate/uncertainty then I'm going to err on the side of caution.

36 minutes ago, tv echo said:

No spoilers - except about stunts in general (surprise, Bamford joins the cast at this interview)...

Arrow Season 6 Comic-Con 2017 QNA Livestream
Published on Jul 22, 2017, by The World of Flash

Someone managed to put away their phone half way through. ?

Is Bamford more jacked than before? He looks like it to me and he also looks like he hasn't mastered how to operate the new bulk.

38 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Thanks @apinknightmare. I was watching the right vid. I heard "yuh yuh" so I'll bow out of this one for now. (I can't imagine EK not having any type of reaction if she did say it, but again, I can't be positive what she's saying.)

In the interview with Kyle Anderson, EK h as his arm around Willa and she's leaning in to  him. At one point it looks like he gives her a supportive look (his face isn't on screen).  I can't tell a thing from the Doug video itself but I imagine that EK wouldn't be so supportive of WH if she was in the habit of making racial slurs.

(edited)

I can't hear anything. And I also feel like at least one of the cast would've had a visible reaction if they'd heard it but there was nothing.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Here are two videos of portions of the Arrow panel, including cast entrance onto stage (warning: MAJOR SPOILERS in first video) - nonspoilery portions transcribed below (spoilery portions transcribed in the New Spoilers thread)...

ARROW Comic Con Panel News, Season 6 & Highlights [21 minutes]
Published on Jul 23, 2017, by Flicks And the City

-- They sang "Happy Birthday" to EBR because it's her birthday on Monday (July 24). She also got a birthday cake placed in front of her.

-- When asked for traumatic moments that were important for their characters from the past S5, they went down the line on the panel: RG mentioned working with Lance at City Hall as changing his character. JH mentioned the trauma (pain/anger from losing her love) that caused Dinah to get her powers. KC mentioned Black Siren's relationship with Quentin as being a pivotal moment in what path it leads her down that she hopes we'll see more of. SA mentioned being shackled to the ground, waterboarded, burned and stabbed, but he "grew." EBR mentioned liking Felicity's downward dark spiral with Helix that caused her to grow [spoiler omitted here]. When it was DR's turn, he said: "I just want a piece of this cake. It's kind of distracting, you know what I mean?" DR then mentioned when Diggle was in jail at the beginning of the season and Oliver gave him advice for a change. WH referenced all past five seasons as Thea having a lot of "traumatic and teachable growth moments" and then mentioned this season's Thea blackmailing and threatening kids. EK mentioned Curtis getting invited to a dinner and being divorced, and also Curtis being beat down by Prometheus.

-- On how Curtis gets his hair braided so fast when he becomes Mr. Terrific, MG joked: "He's a metahuman, guys. That's his superpower." EK: "Worst superpower ever."

-- When asked about his wish for a Supernatural crossover and how that would work, SA: "It's really not gonna work unless I can be like a waiter for Jensen and Jared. Like, 'hey guys, here's your steak.' Full monotone delivery. Look right down the barrel of the camera. Just be an awful, awful, awful bit player on the show. That'd be tremendous. I would do it in a heartbeat." On whether he would do it in his Arrow voice, SA: "No."

Stephen Amell Gives His Arrow Necklace to Young Cancer Fighter at Arrow Comic Con Panel
Published on Jul 23, 2017, by Flicks And the City

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

What kid(s) did Thea threaten in S5? Am I forgetting something or is WM actually talking about DD's daughter in S4? I feel both options are equally possible.

Maybe she thought Susan had the maturity of a child?

• Love 1
(edited)

Regarding Emily's interviews... As annoyed as I was about them - it's not like she could've said anything about season 6 so we didn't really miss out on much. I do agree that she should NEVER be paired with Echo again for an interview. They're disastrous together and I can't imagine the journos finding them funny especially that early in the morning. 

But as a fan of the cast, I really don't care about the round tables considering we got a lot of awesome stuff from Stephen/Emily/David this weekend in general. From photos to the video of them doing autographs where they're all hugging to party pics to Zac's show etc.

IMO This weekend was more about cast than the show itself..

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

IMO This weekend was more about cast than the show itself..

Tbh that's EVERY SDCC for me haha. Like I loved SDCC last year and that was when they were doing the whole Olicity are ambiguous friends selling.

• Love 1