Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

She didn't owe him anything because he locked her up, Chase set her free twice so she values him more. That's what I got from the scene. 

But it was remorseless. She knew Chase was going to kill everyone, she didn't even show emotion towards Lance again, which makes it seem like the emotion from 22 was a manipulation. If she had real feelings/connections to their E2 counterparts, you'd think she'd maybe hesitate in killing them all... not to mention a kid. She can value Chase because he gave her freedom, but she could have shown some sort of slight hesitation. Instead, she seemed pretty smug about it all.

• Love 5
(edited)

Stephen just liked a meme on his FB page of Oliver clutching one of the Olicity photo op pics from this weekend. He answered fan questions about Olicity weddings and babies. In the last 2 episodes with BS, she didn't even share a scene with Oliver. And most importantly, SA still has zero chemistry with KC. So any talk about love triangles or L/O on other earths is just talk.

I mean, SA even answered a question this weekend about L/O on other earths with "Sure, but that's not the story we're telling".

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 18
(edited)

Umm Olicity kissed in the finale and Chase's last word to taunt Oliver was "Felicity"

Why would anyone think that Oliver is going to run off with some insane banshee that got beaten up in the finale.

The only conceivable way they could get away with it is if Felicity dies. And I doubt they are game enough to kill Felicity.

Comic Stans need to pray EBR gets signed for a Shonda Rhimes show or something.

When is SDCC?

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, JJ928 said:

But it was remorseless. She knew Chase was going to kill everyone, she didn't even show emotion towards Lance again, which makes it seem like the emotion from 22 was a manipulation. If she had real feelings/connections to their E2 counterparts, you'd think she'd maybe hesitate in killing them all... not to mention a kid. She can value Chase because he gave her freedom, but she could have shown some sort of slight hesitation. Instead, she seemed pretty smug about it all.

That actress can only do smug so I can't use that as an argument. She looks smug about most things!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I don't think she has remorse for any of the dopples except Q. If he wasn't being hurt then she had nothing to worry about. I don't remember if they let in that he was even going to blow up the island since that would be her life as well which seems to #1 to her. Of course it would all depend on what they do with her in S6 but she wouldn't be the first character to start out bad and starting out as trying to kill off the good guys before teaming up with them on occasion or joining them for whatever reason.

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

The only conceivable way they could get away with it is if Felicity dies. And I doubt they are game enough to kill Felicity.

I think Felicity would need to die, and Dinah would need to die and probably also Susan wherever she is. Possibly also Talia. 

13 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Well damn! lol has he aged that much in the past 5 years? lol

Isn't he late thirties? That's 15+ age difference, hard for anyone to pull off except for Bianca Lawson who is aging backwards. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Well they could always do Robert Queen (vigilante) on Earth 2 and BS hookup. 

Or Robert Queen Arrow on E2 and Dinah hookup. If she's the Black Canary over there. IDK there are too many I can't keep track.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

I think Felicity would need to die, and Dinah would need to die and probably also Susan wherever she is. Possibly also Talia. 

Isn't he late thirties? That's 15+ age difference, hard for anyone to pull off. 

Andrea-beverly-hills-90210-3159836-235-4

Lol. I agree but I don't see them really caring for a one off.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I don't think she has remorse for any of the dopples except Q. If he wasn't being hurt then she had nothing to worry about. I don't remember if they let in that he was even going to blow up the island since that would be her life as well which seems to #1 to her. Of course it would all depend on what they do with her in S6 but she wouldn't be the first character to start out bad and starting out as trying to kill off the good guys before teaming up with them on occasion or joining them for whatever reason.

But why bother giving E2 Laurel/Black Siren a redemption arc when E1 Laurel got that and died.

If SA has any clout on this show at all, he's shutting down any chance of any romance/marriage/babies with her on ALL the Earths in All the universes. 

• Love 10
(edited)

@Primal Slayer Did she think Chase was just taking them away for an Island vacation in chains? Yeah, that doesn't work for me... just like MM never worked for me & I never considered him anything more than a villain. I'm guessing that she most likely escaped with Talia. Again, we won't know until next season but they could have teased something if redemption was on the table, even something small. I do think she'll become a sort of nemesis for Dinah tho, not a big bad for the show.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

And Helena, and McKenna even though they are elsewhere.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

And Helena, and McKenna even though they are elsewhere.

And those two models he took to some ceremony in S1 and the councilwoman from 513.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I am not interested in a Siren/Arrow relationship/love triangle but IF they did it, it wouldn't be any weirder then Oliver working with Merlyn/Slade again after all those two has done to his life. But the constant questions do help support writers (in general) about why they do love triangles, it's a popular (but annoying) general storyline.

Do you ship Lauriver? You say you don't but you often argue a case for it.

If you do ship it you should just totally embrace it! I am hard core Olicity but I have totally embraced my inner Raylicity and I WILL always mourn the genius Raylicitots that will never be. Yes you're all rolling your eyes at me BUT I DON'T CARE I LOVE RAYLICITY =P

I got the warm and fuzzies reading that BR thought Ray's most successful relationship was with Felicity. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Well they could always do Robert Queen (vigilante) on Earth 2 and BS hookup. 

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Or Robert Queen Arrow on E2 and Dinah hookup. If she's the Black Canary over there. IDK there are too many I can't keep track.

I think Robert Queen would be way too old for either character/actress. 

If there's any type of romance between any Earth version of Oliver and any Earth version LL, I just hope they promote it extensively so I can skip out on that ep. 

Speaking of BS and the other villains helping Chase, did they know he'd rigged the island to blow? Did they know his endgame? I can see BS falling for whatever he said, because she's not too bright, but Talia Freakin' Ghul? I guess they all thought they'd be off the island when it blew, but jeez these are some dumb villains.

Just now, strikera0 said:

I think Robert Queen would be way too old for either character/actress. 

Sadly, Hollywood wouldn't agree, though the CW might have different standards. 

• Love 1
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

If you do ship it you should just totally embrace it! I am hard core Olicity but I have totally embraced my inner Raylicity and I WILL always mourn the genius Raylicitots that will never be. Yes you're all rolling your eyes at me BUT I DON'T CARE I LOVE RAYLICITY =P

I got the warm and fuzzies reading that BR thought Ray's most successful relationship was with Felicity. 

I have always said that I can take em or leave em. I preferred Laurel with Tommy but enjoyed Lauriver in the 100th episode. 

4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Booooooo!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

but Talia Freakin' Ghul? I guess they all thought they'd be off the island when it blew, but jeez these are some dumb villains.

Sadly, Hollywood wouldn't agree, though the CW might have different standards. 

Lemme just say how stupid it was (but not at all surprising) at how Talia turned into such a nobody on this show. She trained Oliver and Chase but then she is turned into a lackey???? If anything she should've been set up for the big bad.

• Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I absolutely do not ship Lauriver but I don't think "she's evil" really holds as a reason for them to stay apart because Oliver dated someone who shot at his mom (Helena), screwed over his sister and they seem to be heading to a redemption arc for Slade who killed his mom so if the producers want it to happen, that's not going to stop them.

Now, I do not think it will happen nor will they even hint at it. I think they are done with that sort of relationship drama especially because I think S7 is not as much as a sure bet as S6 was. 

A conundrum: Is BS really worse than Susan? 

ETA: Talia was such a waste. She was Chase's assistant basically. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I have always said that I can take em or leave em. I preferred Laurel with Tommy but enjoyed Lauriver in the 100th episode. 

That's nice and healthy! I alternate between squeeing and hyperventilating over Olicity and then sometimes mourning for my genius Raylicitots. It's hard being a double shipper! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

But isnt comic Ollie way older then BC.

Yeah, which only serves to further corroborate the double standards of the entertainment industry because they only ended up splitting the BC identity into 2 parts (mother and daughter) because Dinah Drake was getting "too old" for Oliver. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

And those two models he took to some ceremony in S1 and the councilwoman from 513.

And the already dead Isobel Rochev who they would resurrect. ..and probably Poppy. And Sara.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

That's nice and healthy! I alternate between squeeing and hyperventilating over Olicity and then sometimes mourning for my genius Raylicitots. It's hard being a double shipper! 

I think a big mistake of the writers was not giving Laurel a big relationship after Season 1. It kind of stunted some fans views of Laurel ever being able to be with someone other then Oliver. I think if they had introduced someone who could have been a great pairing with her (as Tommy was) things might have been a bit more calmer between the fandom.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

And the already dead Isobel Rochev who they would resurrect. ..and probably Poppy. And Sara.

Popover to Flash and see what Iris was up to..then Caitlin and Lyla's sister. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I think a big mistake of the writers was not giving Laurel a big relationship after Season 1. It kind of stunted some fans views of Laurel ever being able to be with someone other then Oliver. I think if they had introduced someone who could have been a great pairing with her (as Tommy was) things might have been a bit more calmer between the fandom.

From what I heard the plan was for her and Ted Grant to have a romance wasn't it? but they lost the actor and then after that well... they decided to kill her off.

• Love 4
Just now, LeighAn said:

From what I heard the plan was for her and Ted Grant to have a romance wasn't it? but they lost the actor and then after that well... they decided to kill her off.

That's what I heard was the plan. Though I don't know why they didn't just recast the character instead of dropping it entirely. 

3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I think they also played with the idea of a Laurel/Nyssa pairing, but didn't end up pursuing it. At least that's what KC revealed to a fan at a con once. 

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

It's just odd. I've never seen DR speak about liking O/L in the comics. Ever. And he's always been Team Olicity, no questions. So I'm unsettled. LOL.

This is me. I don't think it's any hint about the upcoming season at all. It just threw me cause it's weird.

I haven't watched the video but I heard it was just kind of a mess of an answer. He was uncomfortable or something. 

1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

A conundrum: Is BS really worse than Susan? 

Susan hasn't hurt anyone, much less been gleeful about it. She did want to out Oliver as the Green Arrow and her ethics were dubious but she didn't cause anyone physical hurt or do anything illegal.

45 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

I think they also played with the idea of a Laurel/Nyssa pairing, but didn't end up pursuing it. At least that's what KC revealed to a fan at a con once. 

Sister swapping again?  It's like an illness with them.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

I think that was another KC headcanon to really SWF Sara. She wanted everything CL had. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I think that was another KC headcanon

Yeah that was my impression. KC talked it up a few times, but I never got the idea it was anything the writers ever considered.  

23 minutes ago, Chaser said:

This is me. I don't think it's any hint about the upcoming season at all. It just threw me cause it's weird.

I haven't watched the video but I heard it was just kind of a mess of an answer. He was uncomfortable or something. 

I saw a clip of just that answer on twitter. The answer was a bit of a mess, with the citing of specific comic stories, but it just made me wonder if the crowd attending might have been more comic oriented and he was trying to be diplomatic. He then mentions the show and chemistry between actors.  He didn't sound stressed at all to me.  Most of the cons he has attended in the past (HVFF) have been OTA & Olicity friendly.  I honestly think he's just playing to the read he has on the crowd, probably from his interactions at autographs. 

• Love 3
On 2017-05-29 at 10:22 AM, tv echo said:

We're going to try things in Season 6 that aren't going to work. I think that ultimately - I was reading a review about Season 4 of Arrow. And there were lots of parts of Season 4 that I really love, uh, that people didn't like. Lots of parts of Season - every season - that I love that people don't like. And there are parts that I dislike that people enjoy, which is part of viewing a television show. But I read something online from a reviewer that I really respect that he said, 'you know, it feels like the most Arrow part of Arrow Season 4 happened on an episode of Legends of Tomorrow when they showed Old Oliver.' And I read it and I went, 'Shit! He might be right.'

Does anyone remember which reviewer said this? I know he used to read Jenny's reviews on Vulture last year.  I'd be interested to know if he reads others.

i just watched the DR clip on love triangles and it's not as bad on video. It's a long winded answer and he's a bit more flustered than usual but it seems like he's playing to the crowd. And his point seems to be that the couple he loved in the comic books is different than what's on the TV show. He may not be the captain of the ship at this exact moment, but he's still at least 2nd mate.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, JJ928 said:

I just watched DR's interview, and I feel like he's fed up about being asked about: Olicity, Laurel, O/L, and others. Honestly, I can't blame him. How many times is he at a con and half of the questions aren't even about his character? As much as I love Olicity/Felicity, I always get annoyed when ppl ask him about them. And maybe after getting no story in season 5, because that military arc was short and awful, he's had it. I saw a screen time post for the season and Rene and Digg are almost matched for screen time, hell, Renee had more story than him. I'd be mad if I had to take a back seat over and over in order to sell mediocrity. I feel like he had a similar attitude after season3, when he took a back seat so LL could become a fighter.

I don't think he's fed up with being asked.  Anytime someone brings up Olicity, he also gets to bring up OTA and that dynamic.  I think it's as other's mentioned, he's just talking up the comic book angle as well.   In the end, he basically calls for the show to just stick to keeping Oliver and Felicity together and says that the chemistry between the characters can't be ignored so that's still super Olicity positive.  He just meanders more with his answer.  

He did though sound a tad frustrated that the writers struggle so much to come up with storylines for everyone.  I'm right there with him, beyond puzzled why they make it hard when there's so much they could have these characters exploring.  And not everything has to end in a big fight or show down with an evil guy. Just exploring stuff about the character while they are also going after some random bad guy can make for great episodes.  

3 hours ago, Angel12d said:

It's just odd. I've never seen DR speak about liking O/L in the comics. Ever. And he's always been Team Olicity, no questions. So I'm unsettled. LOL.

He's always spoken fondly of the comics in general though. 

3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I am not interested in a Siren/Arrow relationship/love triangle but IF they did it, it wouldn't be any weirder then Oliver working with Merlyn/Slade again after all those two has done to his life. But the constant questions do help support writers (in general) about why they do love triangles, it's a popular (but annoying) general storyline.

I'd say if Felicity was dead (yeah, like that's happening, lol) I wouldn't rule out him sleeping with her.  But a relationship?  Cupid seems more likely.  

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Resurrected Hawkgirl? Resurrected Shado?

Lol, Hawkgirl isn't dead.  

• Love 1
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

Lol, Hawkgirl isn't dead.  

I thought she died. Well. sorry for not keeping up better on LoT. 40 lashes with a wet noodle for my great transgression. LOL

• Love 1
Just now, catrox14 said:

I thought she died. Well. sorry for not keeping up better on LoT. 40 lashes with a wet noodle for my great transgression. LOL

You are forgiven.  Lol.

If it helps, Hawkman did die.  But alas, Kendra bumped into the next reincarnation of Hawkman in the future and made poor Ray a 3 times loser in love.  

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Technically, Hawkgirl has died many times, no?

Technically.  But the Kendra Saunders incarnation, which is the one we knew, is still alive.   The Hawkman we met in the crossover got killed off pretty fast, but then she met another incarnation of him in the last couple of episodes of the first season and they left together at the end of the season (and we all breathed a sigh of relief).

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4