Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)
23 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Season one often had and ongoing investigation, so sneaking through alleys, and the pre-confrontation parkour moves, some kind of build up that built suspense and gave the fight stakes.  So when he inevitably ran into some dude with a gun, fights were more about advancing the plot.

Ooh that's a good observation, I was going to say that Oliver used to do a lot more non fighting action sequences that I enjoyed but now everything is hand to hand combat and he even doesn't use the arrows that much. Maybe that's a budget issue. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I thought I read somewhere that they had a different stunt director in season 1.  Does anyone remember?  *off to google*

ETA:  Never mind, I can't find it.  Maybe I dreamed it. :/   But yeah, I agree that the stunts have gone way way downhill since season one. 

JJ Makaro?

2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

JJ Makaro?

A quick search has them both around in the first season. Though a later article calls Bamford a "fight coordinator" and Makaro a "stunt coordinator" 

56 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

That's the thing, though. Many of the Laurel/KC stans on Reddit haven't watched the show in over a year, yet they spend countless hours bitching about it. It's absolutely pathetic. 

Is it that much different about bitching about an actress who at the time wasn't part of the show who wasn't liked?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Is it that much different about bitching about an actress who at the time wasn't part of the show who wasn't liked?

No, that's equally pathetic, IMO. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I was going to move the topic of the fights on Arrow to a better thread, but I looked through everything and we really have nothing that it would better fit under.  It's not about the characters or their relationships.  It's not episode specific.  It's not speculation for the future.  There are no spoilers and it's not really about the other shows.  I guess "behind the scenes" is the best place to talk about it.  

The one that screws me up is when I want to talk about something that already happened that I'm NOT bitter about. LOL

I blame The Flash for Arrow having crap fight sequences. In S1 the show was going for gritty/realistic and, used for simple realistic looking fights. I love and dearly miss the parkour sequences from S1. 

The other part of the blame goes to the sheer number of masks on the show. When it was just Oliver or Oliver/Sara or Oliver/Roy there were less people to choreograph for so they could spend the time. 

Now they have 20 people out there...you do a kick, you do a punch, you scream, you shoot a gun...great let's call it a day!

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 17
11 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

For introducing powers and metas in the universe..the writers kind of lost their way regarding the original tone of the show with all of that after season 2..

Exactly. Although, i think it's more they were forced to change the tone to fit a shared universe with Flash and then later LoT.

This is gonna give the make up department some extra work this season. Condisering how they botched covering up Carly Pope's tattoo  it might make for a fun game.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

9 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

For introducing powers and metas in the universe..the writers kind of lost their way regarding the original tone of the show with all of that after season 2..

Exactly. Although, i think it's more they were forced to change the tone to fit a shared universe with Flash and then later LoT.

Ah, okay. I thought maybe it was something substantial, like they poached some stunt choreographers or something. I guess I don't see how The Flash having metahumans meant Arrow couldn't do parkour.

EBR chopped off her hair between S3 and S4. I guess it depends on where they leave the vharacters. Felicity was cruising with Oliver at the end of S3, so there's nothing strange about changing up your style a bit. If the character is left hanging in some way, a kicky new hairdo would be hard to explain, so I imagine that would call for some extensions.

I don't think it would be a big deal. WH got a completely new hairstyle before S3, and all there was on screen was Roy complimenting Thea.

3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

What happens if EBR (or CP for that matter) chops all her hair off?

Do they ignore why Felicity or Iris have a bob next season?

Do they put them in a wig?

Nowadays you have to get permission to do anything drastic with your hair.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Trini said:

Ah, okay. I thought maybe it was something substantial, like they poached some stunt choreographers or something. I guess I don't see how The Flash having metahumans meant Arrow couldn't do parkour.

Yes, the writers could have chosen to keep the show "isolated" but being in an universe with magic and powers changed things..it changed the tone of the show..in season 1 some things weren't even an option and the show was more realistic. It happened even more with Legends..they brought over a meta to test Ray's powers for example..I don't know if it was something that came from their bosses or from the writers or both but while having a shared universe has positive consequences it also opened possibilities that don't work all that well on Arrow. This year they tried to do what they did in season one but they also have two metas whose fighting sequences to me look ridiculous.

5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

What happens if EBR (or CP for that matter) chops all her hair off?

Do they ignore why Felicity or Iris have a bob next season?

Do they put them in a wig?

In season 4 they added extensions to Felicity's ponytail and it looked pretty bad..?

• Love 1
(edited)

Don't put the thought of EBR cutting her hair again out into the universe! I need it to grow again damn it. And yes I'm aware how weird it is that I care about her having long hair. Don't look at me!

I just hate that small ponytail so bad, haha.

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Don't put the thought of EBR cutting her hair again out into the universe! I need it to grow again damn it. And yes I'm aware how weird it is that I care about her having long hair. Don't look at me!

I just hate that small ponytail so bad, haha.

Yep.  I wouldn't mind the shorter hair if they'd let the ponytail go altogether, but since they seem to be determined not to do that....

8 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Yep.  I wouldn't mind the shorter hair if they'd let the ponytail go altogether, but since they seem to be determined not to do that....

You get me. :)

I may have completely imagined it, but I seem to remember something about the show or the actress fighting to keep the character's signature look (ponytail, glasses) when the direction turned from secondary support to potential LI. Maybe it's a holdover from that.

6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Nowadays you have to get permission to do anything drastic with your hair.

Ever since Keri Russell cut her hair and the ratings for Felicity went down.  It's a strange business.

Both Emily and Willa had to get permission to cut their hair.

4 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Yes, the writers could have chosen to keep the show "isolated" but being in an universe with magic and powers changed things..it changed the tone of the show..in season 1 some things weren't even an option and the show was more realistic. It happened even more with Legends..they brought over a meta to test Ray's powers for example..I don't know if it was something that came from their bosses or from the writers or both but while having a shared universe has positive consequences it also opened possibilities that don't work all that well on Arrow. This year they tried to do what they did in season one but they also have two metas whose fighting sequences to me look ridiculous.

Two metas fighting looks ridiculous to me.  I really hate it on Supergirl because it means only aliens matter.

On Arrow, it changed the bar for being awesome.  Nowadays an explosive arrow that blows up a meta is more important then the parkouring the show did in s1 and 2.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

SA facebook video from yesterday (HVFF-London is a "go" for this weekend, he talks security measures)...

An update on HVFF

That didn't cross my mind but yeah, it should have.  Hope everyone has a nice, safe time.  

• Love 3

The UK has bumped up security to a higher level now.  I don't think anyone would bomb/shoot up HVFF, it's not high enough profile, but good for them for taking more security precautions.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think this might be from the S6 photo shoot they just did. Echo did photo shoots this weekend along with the Black Lightning actor. I imagine JH and RG did shoots as well.

Did everyone do a photoshoot? Including EBR or just the noobs?

42 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Did everyone do a photoshoot? Including EBR or just the noobs?

No, it was just the newbies.

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Meh

Thanks for answering my question though!

Haha, you're welcome. And yeah, it sucks but they just don't do new photoshoots every season. CW = cheap. Haha.

(edited)

Um, if those actors cancelled a con only 2 days before to go to a film premiere, they suck. Full offense. 

Edited by Guest

Could be the premiere, I heard Caity is going. And that's pretty shitty considering you made an obligation to attend a convention and have sold out pics. I feel sorry for people who traveled specifically for them only to learn two days prior that they aren't attending. If it is for security reasons, then it would have been better if the notice came from the actors themselves and not HVFF.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Um, if those actors cancelled a con only 2 days before to go to a film premiere, they suck. Full offense. 

Melissa was literally the biggest draw for this event after stephen. She sold ALL her photo ops and all the duos/group pics. Guess Emily just became the biggest name after stephen in this con. lol

Edited by theOAfc
(edited)

I'll reserve full judgment because we don't know but if it is the case, I just think that is awful for their fans. People forget that there aren't as many cons in Europe as there are in the US so some people are travelling a long way just to see their fave celebs and spending a lot of money in the process. Imagine the fans who were specifically going to the con for MB. Yikes.

Edited by Guest