Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Did he just admit to taking pot shots at fans in show?

I swear I keep thinking one of these days Olicity will go to Bath Bed and Beyond in one of the eps.

Haha sometimes when I see really delusional posts I always think to myself "Omg am I like these people? Maybe I'm just like them and there is no Olicity and Oliver never proposed and 320 didn't have a sex scene and I along with a bunch other people on the Internet are hallucinating Olicity scenes!"

They seem to genuinely believe they are watching a different set of events onscreen. Maybe we're the crazy ones *looks around suspiciously*

• Love 11

Does SA do the buzzcuts to look older?  I think it makes him look less attractive.

1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Then it was Laurel/Oliver/Thea/Tommy which makes no sense again because they didn't know he was the Hood. Some people will really twist themselves in knots to deny Felicity any impact on Oliver's life. 

Only Tommy found out in s1 and the rejected Oliver because of it.  I've read the argument that Laurel really was OTA because she helped him in s1 (it was really the other way around) but how did Thea get in there?

50 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I mean I didn't like Laurel as BC but I don't go around saying she was dressed like that not because she was BC but because she liked to cosplay and stalk the team.

LOLOLOL

• Love 2

My nephews still get buzz cuts every summer.  They like them in the hot weather.  Maybe summer in LA or Texas is his motivation as well?  Because yeah, not the most attractive look.  

SA and his wife are back for the Kentucky Derby. There are a lot of parties but this is the hottest ticket in town. Justin Hartley was interviewed right before Stephen but no one made the connection. Stephen was so friendly and seemed in a great mood. Too bad he looks like a serial killer with the new hair cut.

IMG_9939.thumb.JPG.099e97096021aa26c68aa7e3cb1282e9.JPG

• Love 2

I really don't care about his hair but in the picture his hairline looks like a triangle that thins out in the middle. Which might just be my perception but usually his hair looks really full.

• Love 5

I'm sure it's the weird angle that makes his head look so funny. He is so much taller than the two reporters who were interviewing him. There should be more pictures coming out today. 

(edited)

One person's report on SA and JB (and CB) at Planet Comicon last weekend...

Hardest Working Guest (Sprint Edition): Stephen Amell
Though he was only in town on Saturday, the Arrow actor made it a point to sign everything put in front of him and take a little time with every fan. Being a father, I particularly enjoyed the way Amell interacted with the youngest fans who approached him, whether they were too nervous to speak or whether they rambled everything in their cherubic heads. While his abs might get the attention, the guy’s writing hand has got to be in terrific condition to pull off his Saturday appearance. Kudos goes to his handler Jamie (I hope I spelled her name correctly, if not, I apologize) and the Planet Comicon staff and volunteers who kept that line moving all day long.
Bringing Down the House: John Barrowman
Showing up in a TARDIS dress and leggings that he purchased from a vendor on the convention floor, Barrowman’s hilariously bawdy panel took a turn when the 20-plus feet of stage dressing and scaffolding came crashing down about halfway through the panel. Unhurt and seemingly unfazed (I don’t know how… I wasn’t onstage and I was shaken up), Barrowman made sure that those in attendance were seen to by convention staff and paramedics first before picking right back up without missing a beat, leaving his fans wanting more of the consummate showman. (In the spirit of Barrowman’s panel, I deliberately chose the word “consummate”… take it however you want.)
Sharpest Wit: Carole Barrowman
The Scottish-born English professor, author, columnist, and sister to professional ham John Barrowman, Carole is an absolute hoot. Seriously, someone should have set up a video camera followed Carole around all weekend, livestreaming her panel and her interactions with her fans and brother. I don’t know whose idea it was to place Catherine Tate on one side, John Barrowman in the middle, and Carole Barrowman on the other side, but give that person a raise.

https://geekdad.com/2017/05/planet-comicon-2017-hero-of-the-midwest-pop-culture-scene/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

SA's wife gets into acting

To be honest, considering she's dabbled in it a bit before, I was expecting her to show up on Arrow in a small episodic role for a while. Then Cody Rhodes came on and I guess SA would rather give his friends and acquaintances an entrance into the show than his wife. Everybody looks like they're only learning how to interact with others in the minute of that video that I watched. Her hair looks really pretty, though.

• Love 1
On 5/5/2017 at 5:31 PM, leopardprint said:

Some people really seem to be super salty about this! It's kind of hilarious. I've seen that Shado/Slade/Oliver were OTA except that there was no "Arrow" to be the team for. Then it was Laurel/Oliver/Thea/Tommy which makes no sense again because they didn't know he was the Hood. Some people will really twist themselves in knots to deny Felicity any impact on Oliver's life. 

Of course they are salty. The OTA term was made by fans of Oliver/Felicity/Dig and they know that which is why they get mad that the term is well known or used by cast and EPs.

• Love 2

To me, what's interesting is the term "team arrow" was first used by respected TV critics such as Ken Tucker, Mo Ryan and Alan Sepinwall in reference to Oliver, Felicity and Diggle. Those critics were the early champions of the show focusing on the core team. The "original" part, if I recall correctly, didn't get tacked until after Sara started getting way too much focus as well as Roy at the same time both Felicity & Diggle were getting sidelined. Laurel, as usual, was irrelevant and was not even in the mix. She was nowhere near the discussion because she was still living in La La Land oblivious to what was happening to the man she "knew in her bones." 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

To be honest, considering she's dabbled in it a bit before, I was expecting her to show up on Arrow in a small episodic role for a while. 

I think this explains why he can't/wont get her a role. Especially since it's unlikely she's take a cameo like EBRs friend did last season.

1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

So cringeworthy and terrible. Everyone involved should keep their day jobs.

Or get a day job.  Cassandra's acting wasn't too bad but whoever wrote that should be forced to write obits for the rest of his/her writing career.

• Love 1

I think it's a bad idea to have significant others on the show anyway.

Danneel Ackles was asked about being on Supernaturel once and she said she wouldn't do that to herself. Fans can be brutal.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Danneel Ackles was asked about being on Supernaturel once and she said she wouldn't do that to herself. Fans can be brutal.

Yeah I'm totally indifferent to Stephens wife. I know she's said some  shady stuff on her Twitter about parent raising and politics and the like but I don't follow her so I usually only hear about it second hand. But I feel like if she appeared on the show it would open a wave of uncomfortable behaviour from the fans for me that I really don't need to see or hear about, even if she was the best actress since Meryl Streep. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Right, she already gets jealous hate for being married to him. It'd probably only intensify if they saw her on the show.

I did laugh when I first saw this, but then again the wife probably doesn't pay any attention to the details of the show and it IS a lovely dress. (I wish she went with the nude shoes, though. The black looks a bit harsh)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I did laugh when I first saw this, but then again the wife probably doesn't pay any attention to the details of the show and it IS a lovely dress. (I wish she went with the nude shoes, though. The black looks a bit harsh)

This is not the first time she's done this. 

C_KxLbIXsAEsxM2.jpg

or this one

C_KrlCpUQAAonvp.jpg

C_Kr2ORUwAEDDvL.jpg

• Love 2

Where is that pic of EBR in white? I love her hair in that!

As for the wardrobe similarities maybe she just likes Felicity’s wardrobe. I went to Ted Baker and bought 2 Felicity dresses already. I'd buy many more if I could get them in Aus!

• Love 2

I'm guilty of getting an industrial piercing because of EBR. I was debating a few different piercings, and when I started watching Arrow immediately wanted that one. And I've bought a necklace Felicity wore once. If I had a body even remotely like hers, I would gladly seek out Felicity's wardrobe. Alas, I don't, but I am also never photographed on any red carpets so there's that.

The above pic is okay, but there's another pic at the derby I saw that showed SA still cannot pose without looking like an inanimate doll. Loosen up, my guy!

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

It's from 414, I think? The episode last season where Oliver & Felicity had their engagement party. I love her hair (and makeup) in that episode. 

tumblr_o2q6nfaAhF1rge6ixo2_500.gif

• Love 4
6 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Nude shoes would have clashed with the white jacket and black fascinator. I think it would have been worse with them.

48 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

It's a screen shot from Oliver and Felicity's engagement party. I also don't think that hair is copied, SA's wife just has a low bun. This is set apart by the braid and loose tendrils around the face.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Chaser said:

Francesca Buller (star Ben Browder's wife) was amazing on Farscape, although she tended to wear more and more awesome alien make-up for each character.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

You're right, Francesca Buller did an awesome job as every alien she played.  The exception that tests the rule.

Random, but I love that you used the true meaning to the expression "The exception that proves the rule."  So few people know that prove was as in "proving grounds" aka "testing".  And now this geek of the English language will go back to bed.  ?

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

On Suits they had Gabriel Macht's wife play his temporary LI and she was pretty good. I think it all depends on how good of an actor the person is or if she is a right fit for the role..Stephen's wife is pretty bad and so was Emily's friend that had that small part..

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

On Suits they had Gabriel Macht's wife play his temporary LI and she was pretty good. I think it all depends on how good of an actor the person is or if she is a right fit for the role..Stephen's wife is pretty bad and so was Emily's friend that had that small part..

I remember that in Suits. I thought Harvey seemed especially fond of that LI (think her name was Zoe). I was amused when I found out later the actress was his wife in real life.

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

I remember that in Suits. I thought Harvey seemed especially fond of that LI (think her name was Zoe). I was amused when I found out later the actress was his wife in real life.

I dont think she is a good actress but she did have great chemisty with Gabriel and it turned out that there was a good reason for that. lol

Speaking of Suits I loved it when Troian Bellisario guest starred and I thought her character had waaaaaay more chemistry with Mike than designated love interest Rachel.

I was so surprised and totally went "Awwwwww" when I saw news of them getting married last year. Had no idea they were a couple!

More SA pics from this weekend's Kentucky Derby...stephen-amell-justin-hartley-kentucky-de
(source)

Stephen Amell attends the 143rd Kentucky Derby on May 6, 2017 in Louisville, Kentucky.
Published on May 7, 2017, by prince mojo