Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Belinea said:

Best sidekick ever because he fights while you are still applying your makeup. 

Also he knows how to fight but he sometimes pretends he doesn't, so you can feel better about your abilities. 

How does Oliver get his racoon eyes done?

Not a bad choice for a sidekick KC. 

41 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

How does Oliver get his racoon eyes done?

Not a bad choice for a sidekick KC. 

Faster than the spider lashes Laurel was running around with.

Wonder what version of GA she means, because from what i heard GA/BC had an equal partnership in the comics. But in the show she was his sidekick.

3 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Faster than the spider lashes Laurel was running around with.

Wonder what version of GA she means, because from what i heard GA/BC had an equal partnership in the comics. But in the show she was his sidekick.

Somehow she managed to get out there with everyone else.

Doesn't matter since the question wasn't "which sidekick would you prefer" it was "who do you want as a sidekick " big deal.

Me: "Who from Arrow would you like to take to the villain side-"
Barrowman: "FELICITY"
(but he doesn't want to mess up Olicity)

Barrowman for showrunner! Hey, he sounds more audience-savvy than the current ones.

Either they're killing off Lance, either P.Blackthorne has balls of steel. Is the codename "Shademaster" taken?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, tv echo said:

But we have in show explanations for the mysticism, magic, zombies, flying people, aliens, resurrection, and time travel.  The insta braids don't have one and it's a real world thing that people have knowledge about.  It was the same thing for the spider lashes and matching nail polish.  The wild stuff only works if they keep the rest of the show grounded.  

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I figured it out - Rory's magic rags, in addition to protecting everyone from bullets, braid Curtis' hair every time they go into the field. 

Head canon accepted!  They even used to use rags as curlers so somehow it makes sense.  

23 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Looking at pictures with fans on Twitter... this isn't Steve's season, is it? First he broke his nose, now he has a black eye. Let the stunt guy do his job, mayhaps?

Apparently, this happened:

• Love 2

This is kinda b-t-s stuff (I guess) since it's about GB's background...

Northwestern alumnus Greg Berlanti powers through Hollywood, from teen dramas to comic universes
Tori Latham, Features Editor  November 16, 2016
https://dailynorthwestern.com/2016/11/16/ae/northwestern-alumnus-greg-berlanti-powers-through-hollywood-from-teen-dramas-to-comic-universes/

Berlanti entered NU as a theater major and graduated with an interdepartmental studies degree, which he described as the product of “taking too many credits in the School of Arts and Sciences and not enough theater crews.” He said he auditioned for several shows during Fall Quarter his freshman year and received zero callbacks. Instead of letting this get him down, he said it made him realize just how many talented people were out there and that there wasn’t necessarily room for everyone to act.

“One of the greatest things I got from school was … I got to sort of learn at a much younger age, ‘Oh, OK. I’m going to have to either step up my game or what other interests do I have?’” Berlanti said.

Those other interests led him down a path that included writing, producing and directing student productions on campus. He worked with several different student theater boards and won second place in the Agnes Nixon Playwright Competition.
After graduating — and three years of what he described as “junky jobs” — Berlanti parlayed those skills into a gig writing for the teen drama sensation “Dawson’s Creek.” For about a year, he said he wrote several scripts and kept his head down in an attempt to not get fired. That was until everybody else got fired and Berlanti was offered the chance to run the show.
A lot has changed since his days as the guy in charge of monitoring the fates of Dawson, Joey and Pacey, but Berlanti said several things have remained the same as he’s transitioned into what many are calling a period of “peak TV.”

“What hasn’t changed is that good stories, good scripts, good actors tend to yield a better show, which has a better shot at success and working,” he said. “And working with smart, talented, hardworking people. That hasn’t changed.”
He has taken characters originally drawn more than 50 years ago and brought them to a new generation, something he said he remains especially cognizant of during his work. Remembering and capturing the spirit of these characters is important, Berlanti said, but it’s also necessary to make them relatable to a diverse society.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Posting here because it's kinda b-t-s stuff - I thought I once read an Arrow EP quote about how they vowed never to do human trafficking stories, but I guess I was wrong. The closest I found was this WM quote where she said that the show will never show sexual violence - so I guess human trafficking stories are okay as long as they don't show the actual rapes? With this season's 'back to basics' approach focused on crime mobs and Russian mafia involved in drug and human trafficking, I wonder how close they'll skirt the line...

Women at the CW work to keep sexual violence off their shows
Nardine Saad   August 12, 2015
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-the-cw-rape-sexual-violence-women-showrunners-julie-plec-20150811-story.html

In contrast, the network's broody comic book-drama "Arrow" features fewer supernatural elements and a lead who's grappled with fatal retribution, broken family dynamics and DC Comics formidable League of Assassins. But it too draws the line at sexual violence. 

"We don't do sexual violence, and that's always been part of culture of show before I came on," said executive producer Wendy Mericle. "Ultimately it's been done so much, you can see it on almost any procedural on TV, and it's not that interesting at the end of the day. Let's try to challenge ourselves and do something in a way that doesn't glorify that. And that's the kind of challenge we present ourselves whenever the conversation goes that way. That's when we try to steer it back."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I just have to applaud Steve for doing maths right when answering a fan. He said the audience has seen less than a third of the season so far and for once he's completely right. ?

I mean, great for him for finally figuring out basic algebra, but this idea that someone needs to watch a full season to appreciate a TV show is SO COMPLETELY DUMBTASTIC, it cancels out the maths.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 15

Can I just say that all this stuff about how awesome S5 is, is slowly but surely getting on my nerves in a big way.

Also when people want to know why they should care and the answer is that is just a tv show, you could also just tell them to 'f*ck off'. Because you basically insinuate that they are too emotionally attached. I never knew that you should just not care. Technically, it is awesome advice. Maybe once the end of the wonderful season 5 roles around, then they will have reached their goal of not getting people to care.

• Love 21

I'm sure SA hates Olicity questions at this point, but still, that's his job to answer them. On a business level, I'd be curious to know the number of fans who support his cons and wine thing fall into the shipper category. I would think if a subset of fans feel they are getting told to fuck off by the show then eventually they'll return the favor. However, I don't think SA or the show should placate that subset of fans. If season 5 is indicative of where the show is going long term, that's fine; it just may not be a show I want to watch or support anymore. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm sure SA hates Olicity questions at this point, but still, that's his job to answer them. On a business level, I'd be curious to know the number of fans who support his cons and wine thing fall into the shipper category. I would think if a subset of fans feel they are getting told to fuck off by the show then eventually they'll return the favor. However, I don't think SA or the show should placate that subset of fans. If season 5 is indicative of where the show is going long term, that's fine; it just may not be a show I want to watch or support anymore. 

This is me. Now it is on me to decide if this new arrow is something I am interested in watching because they are clearly digging in their heels. Now, my concern is not just whether olicity will get back together or when, I'm also concerned that even if they are put back together, their relationship will get little to no focus; they will be together but their romantic relationship will be way way way in the background. 

• Love 6

I am grateful for your transcriptions, @tv echo. I find helpulf to read them to try to understand what they are trying to say without the interference of their voice and tone and cheers from the audience (which can make me more upset and not pay attention to their actual words)

I am getting quite annoyed just by reading transcriptions, so it also helps with my level of disappointment about the show and TPTB (which is quite high at the moment)

Edited by emarasmoak
  • Love 3

Portion of Arrow panel with Amy Gumenick, Bex Taylor Klaus, Echo Kellum and Neal McDonough at HVFF-Atlanta on Nov. 20 (video posted by venusnep55)...

-- On whether Darhk accepts his fate or wants to change it, when Sara told him his fate on LoT, NM:

"No, I gotta change it. So when I get to Legends, a couple episodes from now... the Legion of Doom is finally coming together! So, yeah, I'm gonna fix my death. There's no way - you can't kill Damien Darhk. Can you kill Damien Darhk? (Audience yells, 'No') ... So with me and Barrowman and Matthew, uh, I will guarantee you this - you will have a smile on your face watching the second half of the season on Legends, cause it gets really mean and fun and it's - I'm having the best time. I loved being on Arrow, I love being on - I love all of them. What John and I are doing now is just - we're literally getting away with murder, and we're having a good time doing it."

-- EK confirmed that he's 6'5" and taller than DR and SA.  He said that PB is also 6'6" but EK's hair makes him taller than PB.

-- BTK got a Scream question but she very nicely said that, since she's on an Arrow panel, she preferred to answer as many questions about Arrow as possible. She did say that there was more secrecy on Scream than on Arrow.

-- EK said that he attempted the salmon ladder and can do about two rungs, but thinks he'll be able to do the ladder by Season 8.

-- On his Mr. Terrific costume, EK:

"Yeah, that costume is a prototype too, so there's a different costume that he acquires later on in the season, once he figures out exactly what he's doing out there.. you know, the best hero he can be out in the field. So Terrific 2.0 will be coming soon."

-- On whether we'll see Cupid again, AG said that she hoped so but, like BTK said, they (Arrow) keep you in the dark until the last minute. Last time, she didn't know what version of Cupid was going to show up until she got to the table read. So "fingers crossed", she'll return because AG thinks that Cupid still has "more trouble to stir up."

-- EK said that it takes 3 hours in real life to braid his hair for his Mr. Terrific look.

-- EK said that everyone on Arrow is genuinely nice and "inquisitive" about your life and that they have a lot of fun on set. NM said that Arrow's such a success because it starts with SA, who's "such a great guy and a leader" and then it trickles down: "Let's all have fun and let's be cool and professional."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2