Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Her styling looks remarkably like the episode where Ray Palmer gave her the dress and necklace.

That's what I thought as well.

also, so there, guys. :p

• Love 3

He actually posted a pic! Let me sit down in shock. Haha. 

Seriously though, I don't think I've ever seen him smile so big. LOL. The Ray Palmer dress gives me nightmares though. Haha.

3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

also, so there, guys. :p

"I'm posting it because I can, not because the network told me to. So there."

Regardless, I still love the pic and it made me happy. Those two must be magic 

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 7

Unbelievable, haha. Was there complaining after the Willa pic? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt,  he might have wanted to save the best for last ;)

Edited by looptab
4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Complaining came before the Willa pic, I believe, which is why we got pics of him with WH, DR, and EBR today, among other reasons.

Oh, yeah, I knew about that, thank you. Just wondering if it escalated after the Willa pic. Honestly, I didn't think he would post any with EBR. :)

8 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Doesn't anyone think it's an old photo? Or are they doing a timeline flashback? 

A few peeps on Tumblr think it's either an old photo or that they are wearing the same clothes from 3x7. If that's an old pic, kudos to SA for some next level trolling. I barely notice what I'm wearing let alone remember what characters wear so I have no idea. 

I think it could be an old photo in the sense that it wasn't taken on the actual last day of filming but earlier and he was holding on to it to post last. He was sort of building up to it, first the pic with WH, then DR and finally EBR. I don't think it's from two years ago, though.

Aw, look how adorable they are! I don't know if this is part of damage control or just SA simply saving the best people for last (WH, DR, and EBR), but this still makes me smile and gives me good feels. Thanks for doing the job of CW PR, SA.

I do agree that the EBR photo isn't old. Unless the pics SA just posted with both DR and WH are also old photos since his hairstyle, the slight graying of the front of his hair, and his scruff are pretty much exactly the same in all 3 pics. Anyway, this is a nice way to end the night. I hope we don't get more bleh interviews and such in the morning so I can enjoy this for a little while longer (I probably already jinxed myself and WM will have more to say tomorrow since there's a new episode).

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

Aw, look how adorable they are! I don't know if this is part of damage control or just SA simply saving the best people for last (WH, DR, and EBR), but this still makes me smile and gives me good feels. Thanks for doing the job of CW PR, SA.

I do agree that the EBR photo isn't old. Unless the pics SA just posted with both DR and WH are also old photos since his hairstyle, the slight graying of the front of his hair, and his scruff are pretty much exactly the same in all 3 pics. Anyway, this is a nice way to end the night. I hope we don't get more bleh interviews and such in the morning so I can enjoy this for a little while longer (I probably already jinxed myself and WM will have more to say tomorrow since there's a new episode).

Hmm, I was sure that was an old photo.  I mean, it's that dress, isn't it?  But she didn't wear that necklace and if the scruff if right that's a good sign.  It's less of a good sign that they don't seem to be dressed to be at the same event, lol.  

lavarosva asked:
I have to ask Mr. Guggenheim, do you ever read the r/Arrow or r/CWArrow Subreddits?
No – but only because I can’t fathom Reddit.  I mean, I don’t understand how to navigate it.  The UI is a mess.

Small mercies. 

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Small mercies. 

I kind of laughed at the question. Are they trying to lure MG into visiting and then throw pigs blood on him? Do they think he's so dumb that he'd visit a space that's the source of all the petitions to get him fired?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

@  Chico I'm waiting.... 

stephen posted that pic of him and emily on a tuesday night while the flash was still on air and I assume Chico and her interns were online but they couldn't RT it. The KC/SA pic was posted on a FRIDAY NIGHT and was RT 30 mins later. Can the bias get anymore obvious?

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

stephen posted that pic of him and emily on a tuesday night while the flash was still on air and I assume Chico and her interns were online but they couldn't RT it. The KC/SA pic was posted on a FRIDAY NIGHT and was RT 30 mins later. Can the bias get anymore obvious?

Not that I think the CW is doing a great job of promoting any of their shows, but I'm going to give them a pass on this one - they should have been, and presumably were, monitoring social media during Flash last night, especially since the show made a rather major (if probably temporary) change to Cisco's comedy relief character and started giving Caitlin superpowers. On Friday night, they didn't have a show to monitor.

Bluntly, given the ratings on the other CW shows last week, monitoring fan reaction to/promoting Flash has presumably become the most important part of her job. In this case, it's not bias.

• Love 3

Chico literally took half an hour to RT the SA pic with KC. It took days to RT the OTA pic. And she hasn't even bothered with the ones with WH, DR or EBR. I could understand being busy last night after Flash but there is still a very obvious bias here. She sucks.

I...truly hate to stick up for any part of the Arrow PR team, but if I were in charge, I would probably spread out the tweets, and have a strategy and schedule for when to RT certain types of things in building up toward each new episode. I do expect them to RT that pic today, and IMO that doesn't indicate that they hate Emily/Felicity/Olicity, etc, and in fact it might be the opposite. That they recognize her SM value, and save those moments to post closer to the episode airing. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm not saying that's definitely what's going on here or that they consistently do things this way, because they are very inept and I agree there is evidence of a certain bias. I just try to understand what kind of SM strategy might be going on in the background and tend to believe they have one (however clunky) than that they operate based on personal bias or passive-aggression. (That goes for SA too, at least as far as his #Arrow100 posts have gone.)

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

It takes like 3 seconds to RT :p I doubt she's THAT busy.

Which makes it a choice.  If she'd saved it to retweet today, I would have expected it to have already been retweeted by now.  It very likely will be retweeted today, but it's already deep enough into the day that I have a hard time believing it's not just disinterest on their part.  Maybe they will be prodded into retweeting but no one seems to be trying very hard. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, quarks said:

Not that I think the CW is doing a great job of promoting any of their shows, but I'm going to give them a pass on this one - they should have been, and presumably were, monitoring social media during Flash last night, especially since the show made a rather major (if probably temporary) change to Cisco's comedy relief character and started giving Caitlin superpowers. On Friday night, they didn't have a show to monitor.

Bluntly, given the ratings on the other CW shows last week, monitoring fan reaction to/promoting Flash has presumably become the most important part of her job. In this case, it's not bias.

Wait, Caitlin has superpowers now?

I just had a slightly edited version of the 30-sec promo for tonight's pop up on the Twitter timeline. It has Twitter user comments embedded into it and is "promoted by Ford Fusion". I missed all of the pre-premiere promo (was out of the country) but ads attached to show trailers is a new thing for the CW this year, yes?

Edited by lemotomato
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Haha do it and get everyone you know to do it too! They burnt your ship! BURN THEM!

I just checked. I only follow the main Arrow account. I used to follow them but quit around S3. Maybe I'll start following them again tonight and then unfollow as my form of lame protest. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I just checked. I only follow the main Arrow account. I used to follow them but quit around S3. Maybe I'll start following them again tonight and then unfollow as my form of lame protest. 

Haha just make sure to remember to unfollow! Don't be like my husband who signs up for free trials and never remembers to cancel anything!

They should get the last 4000 though right.  I mean it's the interwebs! Not hard!

I don't really follow anyone from Arrow except for EBR, but I added them all to a Twitter list [which I made private], so I can see all of their tweets in the list timeline, without having to follow them. I read them, but I don't raise their followers number. Because I'm petty.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I don't really follow anyone from Arrow except for EBR, but I added them all to a Twitter list [which I made private], so I can see all of their tweets in the list timeline, without having to follow them. I read them, but I don't raise their followers number. Because I'm petty.

Interesting. I didn't know you could do that, but I haven't played too much with Twitter other than my basic feed.

My Twitter isn't just for fandom, so I keep it organized via lists -- I have one for my RL friends, one for work people, one with news outlets/journos, one with scientists, one with chefs/cooks/food-related stuff, one with music folk, and then several fandom ones. It makes it a lot easier to catch up for me if I group people into topics like that. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

My Twitter isn't just for fandom, so I keep it organized via lists -- I have one for my RL friends, one for work people, one with news outlets/journos, one with scientists, one with chefs/cooks/food-related stuff, one with music folk, and then several fandom ones. It makes it a lot easier to catch up for me if I group people into topics like that. 

I just set one up. Thanks for the tip!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Carrie Ann said:

I...truly hate to stick up for any part of the Arrow PR team, but if I were in charge, I would probably spread out the tweets, and have a strategy and schedule for when to RT certain types of things in building up toward each new episode. I do expect them to RT that pic today, and IMO that doesn't indicate that they hate Emily/Felicity/Olicity, etc, and in fact it might be the opposite. That they recognize her SM value, and save those moments to post closer to the episode airing. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm not saying that's definitely what's going on here or that they consistently do things this way, because they are very inept and I agree there is evidence of a certain bias. I just try to understand what kind of SM strategy might be going on in the background and tend to believe they have one (however clunky) than that they operate based on personal bias or passive-aggression. (That goes for SA too, at least as far as his #Arrow100 posts have gone.)

I handle the Twitter account for my workplace and this is exactly what I do. 

• Love 3