Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, looptab said:

I agree to a certain degree. I don't think he should defend the character - any character for that matter - from critiques against the direction of the show. 'Felicity and friends' is the other side of the coin of our 'Lance Family Drama'. Sure, if he feels like speaking up against comments that veer in the sexist side of things, as well as when the attacks are directed to his castmates, good for him. But like you, I'd rather he didn't give those comments the attention. 

I think I agree to a certain extent.   Especially that he doesn't have to defend Felicity or any other characters. 

But at the same time, if someone were actually attacking Emily Bett or any of the other actors in the show, or former actors in feel like it's his obligation, not as Stephen but as, let's say "the captain of Arrow" to stand up and knock down the haters.   I've read or watched panels with actors who mention that the lead actor/first on the call sheet in a way leads the show/sets the example and all around affects the mood for the entire production so I wouldn't consider it out of line for a tweet telling people to back off abusing the actors just because they don't like a storyline. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Does Flash using her likeness to market DVDs qualify as an appearance across all 3 shows? 

Since I haven't seen her actual contract, I couldn't say for sure, but generally speaking, entertainment contracts include a clause that says your appearance/words/creative work/etc can and will be used for promotional purposes to sell that particular episode. Since the Flash promotion is selling DVDs that include that particular episode, I'd say no.  

But if any of the shows want to show her likeness and/or archival footage in upcoming episodes, she would need to be paid for that.  She should also be receiving some sort of fee from the Laurel Lance/Black Canary action figures and the Arrow mugs that have her picture on them, and if WB decides to produce a Black Siren action figure based on her likeness, she should get a fee from that as well.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

The awful slogan is still a thing. But I posted because what's going on with SA's hair? LOL. It seems really bouffant? Haha.

Husband had a great idea... We need a counter fan campaign of "I'm with him" and an arrow pointing to Oliver.

• Love 19
Just now, apinknightmare said:

Considering that it's for charity, what a paltry lineup. It's a shame more people weren't willing to take a small financial hit to attend. 

I agree. I'm side-eyeing the people who usually do HVFF cons but are bailing on this one. 

• Love 1

What's the name of this movie? I've been googling, but I can't find anything, and it's not listed on any of their IMDb pages.

ETA: apparently Star Foxy is a video game?  Maybe it's a movie based on the game?

Edited by Starfish35

Is this the movie about a murder mystery at coachella? :p

17 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

ETA: apparently Star Foxy is a video game?  Maybe it's a movie based on the game?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This makes more sense. She's been talking about it for a while

Working is an acceptable reason for missing the Con, I just don't understand the sloppy ways she cancels. Why not just let her fans know when she finds out her schedule conflicts? Why wait to the last min? Why allow the Con to do it?

• Love 2

I honestly don't care if others do it too. I think every celebrity who cancels should post a quick note to their fans. It takes one minute and it's a nice show of appreciation to the ones who were going. 

• Love 3

I think by now most of her fans probably know the risks of traveling to a con to see her and that it's likely she won't show. It would definitely be a nice if she took some time to send out a note as soon as she canceled, but her flakiness doesn't seem to bother her fans, so it doesn't bother me. 

• Love 6

True. Guess i wrongly thought she would respect this event enough to not play her games. Check before hand if your available to do this event and not book  it when you know you wont be able to attend. Hope she can donate instead if she cannot attend.

KC's been doing good with going to Cons this year, probably because she didn't have a job. Once she gets something better to do that's when she starts ditching the them. Although in this case I hope she's actually filming and not just saying she is like that other time she said that and was just hanging around the city of the Con doing fashion stuff. 

Has she officially canceled yet? I don't feel like looking that up. I don't care if the celebs have to cancel, they should just let their fans know that they are when they find out. Post it on Twitter or Facebook or something after notifying the Con. It's not that difficult, since they post random crap on social media all the time. 

• Love 5

The way I look at it, Katie booked a film gig that looks like it started shooting, and this is a recent development--she only talked about in the last week.  For once, I think her shooting schedule reason makes sense.

I do wish more Arrow/Flash people were going to this.  It's a good cause.  Kudos to Stephen, David, and John.

• Love 2

She did

No mention of the charity though. (And with her next tweet she's back to "shop my insta")

I find it suspicious. She was announced for HVFF two weeks ago. I would think pre-production for a movie takes longer than that. Do actors get such a short notice that filming begins?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

She has been talking about the movie since May though. I remember it was reported she mentioned it at the con in England.

ThAnd she knew her schedule when she was announced at the con.

She absolutely mentioned it at COH2. She mentioned both the video game and the movie 

I'm relieved that they're getting a party to celebrate. And I'm guessing it'll be a big one, if former writers (+ a guest) are invited. I expected they would, but considering how the network and studio has been treating the show, I had some doubts. 

• Love 4