Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Well according to her fan site she is shooting a murder mistery. She seems on her way to get type cast.

http://kcdaily.net/salt-lake-comic-con/

Wondering why there are at least no guest appearances on other show is a legitimate question.

I BELIEVE that the existence of black siren and katie  return will be known in the second part of the shows series dctv, I'm not saying it will be present in every episode .  Katie going to a filming a movie soon , but certainly it is not for 5 months, this can be for 3 weeks. she is regular in the series DCTV I really believe that for the time they put in a little history in the first part...

And by the time The Glee cast was in S3/4 it was apparent who was friends and who wasnt. Lea/Naya didnt vacation together, did not hang out with each other after work, didn't even bother to take pictures with one another at official events unless it was a group session. TheWB/CW do not dictate their private lives, they didn't force K/C to move in together and for EBR to visit etc..

3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Well if her movie is a WB production like the previous one she did ... she might be more careful. 

I must laugh when people claimg that hanging out with cast isnt encouraged by the network at all. When there is a biography being release by an Glee actor where its stated that these kind of things were actively supported.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, WildcardC said:

Actress abuse didnt start with EBR nor ends with her. SA is chosing to only make one side of the fandom accountable, well he shouldnt BS and just own up to who he values and the side he favors. This is less about whats wrong and more about what offends him.

SA isn't the teacher and none of us is a kid and if there are kids in the fandom their parents should check what they do online, not an actor.

The situation here is that he told a guy that he didn't know was nasty towards real people in his videos to keep being passionate and keep making videos and after he was made aware of the fact he changed his opinion on what he said. You see sides when he had to speak up because of what HE said in the first place. It's not that he spoke up because the guy said bad stuff about MG and EBR and he wouldn't have done it for other people, he spoke up because he endorsed the guy and wouldn't have done it if he knew what he said about real people. Any real person.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 19
9 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

And by the time The Glee cast was in S3/4 it was apparent who was friends and who wasnt. Lea/Naya didnt vacation together, did not hang out with each other after work, didn't even bother to take pictures with one another at official events unless it was a group session. TheWB/CW do not dictate their private lives, they didn't force K/C to move in together and for EBR to visit etc..

Yeah those photo ops were just because they loved hanging together in case of the Gleee actreses. They dictate the public perception. The push for the friendship between the Arrow ladies came at a convenient time when the girl that was cast as just a day player became the female lead.

If you do not believe that network push for a harmonic image, i must say bless you. 

• Love 2

I always took SA as being completely sarcastic about that guy with his "keep making videos and being passionate". I felt like it was the only way he could shut down that dude whilst NOT discouraging all fans from making videos and being passionate. Then once he realized what other things he was saying about EBR he took it a step further by calling him asshole which IMO was what he thought all along but couldn't say.

• Love 4

I think the post tying KC 'politics' comment to money is spot on. The wording of the question almost inspired it too, they used the word 'cut'. It was her first answer before expanding it to the narrative. 

Side note, looking around for the comment I watched more of the panel. I think killing off Laurel was the best thing for KC. That panel was probably the best I've ever seen her look. Healthy, happy and comfortable. She gets the post death shine on Laurel. She still gets to be apart of the Arrow verse because of the deal, even if it amounts to one or two appearances it still keeps her connected. The vibe might change when the show starts up again and moves on from S4 (and her). 

LOL - I love how I'm playing catch up to the posts. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I think Laurel being killed off is about the writers being unable to find her a place on the show. And from the beginning, not because of Felicity becoming the LI. They outright said they struggled to find her something to do in the first two seasons, then they rushed through her "hero journey" and made her a background character in season 4. They wanted to kill a character that was going to have a big impact on the others and hopefully the viewers and decided she was expendable. If they found her a place on the show that only she could have she would still be alive but she was just another fighter on the field with no particular skills, no story of her own and the only irreplaceable connection to another character was the one with her father, but Sara came back to life so eventually there's her if they need a father-daughter scene. 

IMO instead of focusing of her as a mask that was nothing unique they could have made her relevant with her day job that could have been interesting. If I were the actress in fact I would have tried to push for that, not for being the girl who pined for a guy that was an ass to her and in love with someone else.

The writers didn't seem to know what to do with Laurel.  They seemed fixated on her as the love interest to the expense of developing her as a character individually in Season one even when the lack of spark between her and SA was apparent.  They didn't know how to course correct for her.   Other characters were there to fill in slots very effectively that she logically should have been able to fill, Felicity (love interest), Quentin (liaison to law enforcement), Sara (Black Canary).  They tried pushing her into the Black Canary role at Sara's expense which was the last straw for me.  I thought Sara fit in so well as the BC and as part of the team and resented her being dumpstered to force Laurel into a position that to me seemed unearned.  I shipped Olicity but would have been fine with Oliver/Sara being end game because they made sense for me in a way that Oliver/Laurel never did.  The frustrating thing is better writing could have made Laurel work.  I really think Felicity benefited from not being part of the original plan.  They didn't have a fixed idea of who she would be to force her into which let her develop as a character more organically.  The writers seemed to crumble under the weight of what they thought Laurel should be vs. what they could execute.  The writers also seem to struggle with writing romance which is why fixating on Laurel as love interest in season 1 damaged the character.  Sometimes they can get romance right like early Season 4 Olicity and then contrived BS like the Oliver/Laurel/ Tommy triangle and the horribly written William drama that made Oliver look like an idiot shows the lack of imagination the writers have when writing romance.   Once the show committed to romance for Oliver/Felicity the writing for Felicity and Oliver got worse.  Romance is not inherently bad but writers falling into lazy romantic tropes is.  The things that made Oliver/Felicity good were the ways they were different from other cliche pairings.  They were honest with each other, could lighten each other up, and had a real partnership.  They can get some things so perfect and then get other things so shockingly wrong.  It is possibly to let a couple get together, stay together, and still be interesting without a lot of bs tropes (Ben/Leslie, Parks and Recreation, April/Andy, Parks and Recreation, Dr. Mike and Sully, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, Amy/Jake, Brooklyn Nine Nine. etc...)  I hate the mentally that once a couple finally gets together they must be broken up to make things interesting. 

So I sympathize with KC because she was offered a particular type of role, and it went wrong pretty much from the beginning and then she eventually was fired from what started as a starring role and evolved into more of a minor character.  It seemed she could be a bit rigid in her thinking on her character and struggled to adjust to the direction things went on the show but I think the writers are ultimately to blame.  I think KC was miscast but the writers could have been better about figuring out how to use her effectively.   They never really organically integrated her into the team.  They could have made her develop a closer relationship to Thea in Season 1 and 2  and made her less randomly contemptuous of Felicity in their first couple of scenes together.  I thought KC was fantastic on Harper's Island so it was a shock how much I disliked Laurel. 

• Love 9

Okay, that's enough of the sniping over Katie Cassidy. You all know the rules about the fandom talk and this very issue is the reason for it. Warnings may be a-coming, maybe some timeouts so some enjoyment can be had from this holiday weekend (babysitting this thread is not on my agenda for it).

• Love 5
13 hours ago, wonderwall said:

Guggenheim is on record saying that he'll never put Felicity in a mask. And he was rather vehement about this. So the chances are really slim. And to be honest, if Felicity were to ever put on a mask, that would diminish her importance and it'll be exactly what happened to Laurel. She'll become the extra muscle and nothing special. *shrugs*

OK, just to be clear, I don't necessarily want Felicity to don a mask (although I think the show can have some fun with the idea of it) but if she DOES don a mask (however low the odds are of that happening), I don't think it would diminish her importance at all. She wouldn't become just extra muscle because, well, being a mask is not her primary role on the show. One of the problems with Laurel is that BC became her main role after the show stopped showing her as a lawyer and after she was replaced as the most important woman in Oliver's life. There was nothing else for her. 

Felicity is Overwatch, she runs the team. It may be Oliver's team, but Felicity is pretty much the boss of it. Even if she wasn't the love of Oliver's life, she would still be important to the show. Donning a mask wouldn't diminish that.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

OK, just to be clear, I don't necessarily want Felicity to don a mask (although I think the show can have some fun with the idea of it) but if she DOES don a mask (however low the odds are of that happening), I don't think it would diminish her importance at all. She wouldn't become just extra muscle because, well, being a mask is not her primary role on the show. One of the problems with Laurel is that BC became her main role after the show stopped showing her as a lawyer and after she was replaced as the most important woman in Oliver's life. There was nothing else for her. 

Felicity is Overwatch, she runs the team. It may be Oliver's team, but Felicity is pretty much the boss of it. Even if she wasn't the love of Oliver's life, she would still be important to the show. Donning a mask wouldn't diminish that.

To be quite honest, I don't mind that Felicity isn't good at everything. I'd like her to train and learn how to defend herself physically. I'd like to see her go into the field to do recon work. But I don't want her to be a fighter because this show has too many masks as is. I'd much prefer Felicity do undercover work which is a hell of a lot more exciting :)

I'm probably in the minority on this board with this opinion but I don't want Felicity to be the boss of the team. I want her, Diggle, and Oliver to be partners in this. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

That is the great thing about Felicity in that she has a role on the team  regardless of whether or not she and Oliver are together.    I like Oliver/Diggle/Felicity as a team and don't perceive Felicity as being the boss although the skills she brings are very important.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I'm probably in the minority on this board with this opinion I don't want Felicity to be the boss of the team. I want her, Diggle, and Oliver to be partners in this. 

I would not say you are in the minority at all. I'm here for OTA.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

I believe it. The Flash is more CGI than Arrow. 

I believe part of it is that DR is on The Flash in a guest star capacity and has less to do than on Arrow. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

I believe it. The Flash is more CGI than Arrow. 

Pretty sure he's joking. Most TV shows (especially genre shows) shoot 15-16 hours days. I know actors from Angel and Supernatural have talked at 16 hours days. 

I would actually think filming for CGI scenes takes longer. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Huh. So this is interesting. He might be joking but how can he do this and not be worried about his contract?

Eh, a few years ago I could see Amell doing Ninja Warrior, but now? Not so much. Dude has aged, and has lost a lot of his muscle/strength IMO. Don't get me wrong, he's still muscular, and he has obviously gained some of it back but I just keep thinking about his Used Car Salesman look and I really don't think he's ever quite recovered (muscle wise) from that?? 

I also miss the salmon ladder, and part of me thinks the disappearance of it is more because Amell can't do it at the same level as he could in S1/2. They did have it in s4 but didn't he only do like one rung of it? 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 5

I don't think it's so much that he's loss muscle mass. I don't think anyone will remember the used car salesman look, but currently - season 4 and onwards, I'd say he's bulkier but less defined than in the early seasons.

1 minute ago, bijoux said:

I don't think it's so much that he's loss muscle mass. I don't think anyone will remember the used car salesman look, but currently - season 4 and onwards, I'd say he's bulkier but less defined than in the early seasons.

Oh I meant muscle wise and not if people remember that look. He still does have muscles but yeah it's more bulk and less definition-- and I have trouble imagining bulky Amell doing Ninja Warrior?   

5 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

Oh I meant muscle wise and not if people remember that look. He still does have muscles but yeah it's more bulk and less definition-- and I have trouble imagining bulky Amell doing Ninja Warrior?   

I think SA has changed his body type. In S1 he was very lean/cut and it looked more athletic. Now he's more bulky, less defined.  In S1/2 he had a Baseball/Soccer body, in S4 he had more of a WWE/Football body, if that makes any sense. 

3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

To be quite frank, I haven't got the slightest clue what Ninja Warrior includes.

Lots of parkour

• Love 8

Good choice of clip, Morrigan2575!  Like wonderwall, I think if SA really committed to the training needed, he could certainly be up for it; he seems very competitive.  No idea how he'd do, though.  Sometimes rookies come out and surprise you and sometimes they don't.  Even veterans miss; this season there was one city final with one finisher and one with none.  As far as concern over serious injury, that doesn't really seem to happen all that much.  Probably his biggest concern would be missing on an agility obstacle and smacking his face.

Edited by JenMD
  • Love 6

For all of those who wondered, TVLine is promoting EBR's appearance on Whose Line. 

Whose Line Is It Anyway?, is targeting another Arrow favorite.

On the heels of Katie Cassidy’s appearance this past Wednesday, co-star Emily Bett Rickards will drop by the CW improv series on Sept. 14.

Edited by HighHopes
attempting to put spaces between the 'boxes' is impossible.
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

With as heavily, vocally competitive as the guy is, I highly doubt he'd ask to be on the show if he wasn't pretty confident he could do it. As for whether or not he can? Wouldn't mind watching him try one bit!

As long as he does it shirtless lmao

• Love 5
1 hour ago, HighHopes said:

For all of those who wondered, TVLine is promoting EBR's appearance on Whose Line. 

Call me cynical but if they were really intent on promoting her appearance rather than feeling caught since they just did it for another Arrow character, I'd expect them to hold the promo until at least the week of the appearance.  It's still too far off for me to even program my DVR to record.  

11 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Call me cynical but if they were really intent on promoting her appearance rather than feeling caught since they just did it for another Arrow character, I'd expect them to hold the promo until at least the week of the appearance.  It's still too far off for me to even program my DVR to record.  

They did the same thing for Katie Cassidy - they announced her appearance like they did Emily's in a TVLine Items post a couple of weeks before her ep aired, and then posted a clip of her appearance closer to the air date. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1