Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

This was posted/deleted from spoiler thread. It' not a spoiler but, is it me or are they flying Coach?

I don't know if that's coach or business or first class, but: Fun Fact* - SAG-AFTRA gave up first class travel from LA to Vancouver in, I believe, the last negotiations. Performers were not happy about it, even though performers negotiate the contract. Of course, that's for scale performers, and a decent agent will negotiate first class into a contract. 

*I work with a different contract and don't know too much about TV work but heard plenty about this when TPTB wanted to take away first class travel in my contract. 

I am a hermit and don't much like the sun, but I would spend hours on that deck. Gorgeous.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 5

It helps that it's the old suit and hood. I really hate the new hood more than the suit. I can train my eye not to focus on the suit but the hood is right there next to his face, so I can't avoid it. And it just does not suit him at all. His face always looks pale and bloated under it.

• Love 7

After watching Colton and Echos snap chats,  I 1) really enjoy the fact that the cast are real life friends who hang out and stuff and 2) need Roy back because I want Echo and Colton to have a scene together. 

• Love 1

Colton and Echo just made this snap which means that they're both there for Emily's birthday weekend. I'm interested in seeing who's there and who isn't lol

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

It's things like this that make me understand why they keep JB around.  I was thinking that watching some of the SDCC videos too.  I personally can't stand Malcolm and want someone (preferably Thea or Sara) to take him out, but I can get why they enjoy having JB around.  Even though I personally would probably find him a nightmare to work with - so very many personal space issues. Lol. :)

• Love 7

SG was also at Comic Con Honolulu - here's her full panel (posted on youtube by Summer-Glau.Net) - she mostly talked about Firefly/Serenity, but a little bit about Arrow...

-- Fan asked if she wished she had more screen time as Isabel Rochev on Arrow because when she was first cast, it sounded like her role would be bigger. SG said that when her first episode aired, she watched it and hated it. She was so uncomfortable with her character because it was so different from her and her previous roles. She described Isabel as a "businesswoman" who was "so confident and elegant and grown up". She felt like she wasn't connecting with the character. Then she just tried to get into the character more and started "enjoying it more and more." Then they turned Isabel into Ravager and "it was like 'Bingo! Finally! I can do this.'" Then they kept killing her character. "And that's the truth about that character."

-- Fan asked what was the most uncomfortable costume she's had to wear so far. SG responded: "Ravager. Ravager. Ravager... They weren't leather, they were pleather. They were pleather pants and they were so tight that Val - my husband was visiting - I would have to get them most of the way on and he would have to lift me up off the ground and like shift me (uses hands to demonstrate shaking up and down) ... then suspenders on, like this, to keep them up, and then I have the whole vest and the whole thing... and then that - the head piece - I had to shimmy that on. And, um, I would just take asperins as I was working so that at the end of the night I could do that. But it worked for the character because when I put it on, it automatically 'Hahhhh.'"

-- Non-Arrow related but interesting: Fan noted that she's played a lot of badass women and asked if she considered herself a "feminist role model." SG responded that she thought that would not be up to her and that it would be "in the eye of the beholder." She also said that she's the oldest of three sisters and that all three of them would consider themselves "empowered women," but they're all completely different types of women.  She said that she and her sisters all express themselves differently in terms of their strengths and independence.  She also said that she won't take roles where she read the script and felt "denied." She chooses roles that make her feel "good", but that doesn't mean that her character has to "save the day" - she can be a damaged person.  But she doesn't want roles where "the girl feels like an accessory" or is the "B-plot" - that's when the woman is not empowered. She said that Joss Whedon has always been good about writing empowered women.

• Love 3

She looks really sad, especially in her eyes. It must be hard for her... they kill her off and now there's room for all these newbie minions. It's also a stark contrast to the new girls happy eyes.

I know people here were happy she was killed off. And I must admit I was happy to see her gone - until I heard about their ways to replace her. I sorta got sad eyes as well, at least she was a known entity.

2 minutes ago, kismet said:

She looks really sad, especially in her eyes. It must be hard for her... they kill her off and now there's room for all these newbie minions. It's also a stark contrast to the new girls happy eyes.

I know people here were happy she was killed off. And I must admit I was happy to see her gone - until I heard about their ways to replace her. I sorta got sad eyes as well, at least she was a known entity.

it's not just sadness.. something in the way she smiles seems... almost like dislike, and than there's the head and entire upper body tilt away from mmcl!
it can also be that I have watched way too many episodes of "Lie To Me" in succession -- great show by the way! you all should check it out, it's up on netflix.

• Love 1

I just wish they would have stuck to their guns and not brought her back. Seriously if you kill someone on a show just end it. People know on here I dislike her but it really irks me that they would bring her back with all the non sense she liked with tweets and what she has said about each character and even the actors/actresses themselves. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

She's probably just upset she didn't get in on Donut Sunday. I know I would be, too. 

At least it wasn't Cronut Sunday. THAT would've been devastating.

I just really love cronuts okay?

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Poor buddy

One of my favorite things to do when looking at the interviews of all the shows is basically compare the reactions of Arrow cast vs. Non-Arrow cast to this crossover question. The reactions have definitely been telling, at least to me.

• Love 7

It's bullshit that they are doing this to Arrow. No respect for the success of Arrow, which without Flash and Supergirl don't stand a chance. Bah,

But I'm not bitter...

Edited by catrox14
Punctuation, matters.
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It's bullshit that they are doing this to Arrow. No respect for the success of Arrow which without Flash and Supergirl don't stand a chance. Bah,

But I'm not bitter...

You sure about this? :p

• Love 2
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

At least it wasn't Cronut Sunday. THAT would've been devastating.

I just really love cronuts okay?

I made a 40 for 40 list on my birthday last year and eating a cronut was 39. I still have until Dec 28th, but I didn't manage to get one while I was working in NYC. I might have to change it to eat a donut because that is totally attainable. And now I want a donut.

In other news, I will never not love Steve's lack of poker face.  

• Love 10
Just now, catrox14 said:

Was it the ellipses that gave it away? Or my constant prior bitching about it non-stop?

You gave it away like how Stephen gives everything away. His terrible poker face hehe

• Love 2