Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I think it"s fine for an actor, writer et cetera to decide not to ever work on a project again. They need to stay professional about that decision. Acting like a child who does not know social media is a public forum is a problem at all ends. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, tarotx said:

I think it"s fine for an actor, writer et cetera to decide not to ever work on a project again. They need to stay professional about that decision. Acting like a child who does not know social media is a public forum is a problem at all ends. 

It's just stupid because it also causes problems for getting jobs in the future. If I were a casting director and someone like MB did an audition, even if he hit it out of the park, I'd be wary of casting him because of his social media behavior. If he trashes a show he was on previously, what stops him from trashing the show I'm currently casting for?

It's so stupid. And stupidity also annoys me.

• Love 1

at least they're making the effort, that's fine by me. i wasn't as mad as other people at the con i just thought it was kind of shitty that they were saying itnwould be available online in a few months.

• Love 3
(edited)

DR's WW Minneapolis panel on May 7...

David Ramsey Wizard World Minneapolis 2016
Published on May 16, 2016, by Three If By Space - Convention Coverage

-- On being asked for Arrow spoilers, DR joked: "'Who dies next?'  Well, I hope you don't like Felicity." (Audience groaned and then laughed.)

-- DR said that he wanted to be John Stewart and that was "kinda the intention of some of the producers, not all of them." He said that the producers have their own idea of where they want to take the show, but "there's a lot of red tape and a lot of politics in filming, particularly when you're dealing with, you know, things of a particular franchise's. ... So every time we get a character, there's - like, DC has to approve it, approve it, approve it. ... Two seasons ago, there was a Suicide Squad episode we were doing, and there was a shot of Harley Quinn, right?... And it was a thing in the script, like she had a scene, and some moments, and it got dwindled down to just showing her back and just hearing her voice, because by the time it got through the channels, it was like 'you know, there are some other things we want to do with that character, and this is all you can do with it.' ... Another case in point was in the wedding I had last season, I think, with Lyla - the second time around we got married - and Ray Palmer officiated the wedding - dude, the script originally said, 'Do you, John Diggle Stewart, take Lyla whatever Michaels' - this was on the day, guys, this happened on the day. ... And then it got changed to John S. Diggle. And then I changed it to Diggle. ... My point is ... there are a lot of 'yes'-ses you kinda have to go through for any of this to be approved, let alone someone as large as Green Lantern. So for now the producers have gone on record to say that, right now, the John Diggle character is not John Stewart. But, you know, things change. I mean, I don't think they knew from the offset that Canary was gonna die. Who knew that? Was that a spoiler? You didn't know that? Where you been, girl? (Little kid in audience yells, "I did!"  Audience laughs.) Good timing, good timing."

-- DR: "Things change. I mean, nobody knew Emily and Stephen's chemistry would be off the charts. Right? No one knew that."

-- DR: "They do have an outset. They do have a game plan. And then things happen. The audience has a lot to do with that. The audience really reacted to the Diggle character, and then he became part of the actual comic book. That's directly because of what you guys did. (Audience applauds) You guys really responded to that character, and, um, they listened."

-- DR: "I think they have a plan... It's a loose plan, and there's a lot that influences that plan, um, the least of which is the audience input - and clearly, what DC has to say about things."

-- On inspiring a comics character, DR thought it was "cool" that 10 years from now, someone could be playing the Diggle character, and it's like "wow, man, I started that... I mean, someone's playing me playing me."

-- DR: "No one saw this coming, dude... I mean, Arrow spins off into Flash, spins off into Legends. I don't think it's any small thing that Marvel came right off - that SHIELD came right off the heels of that. And Gotham came from that. They're talking about a Teen Titans thing. Talking. They're gonna print that everywhere now, that I've said that. Talking."

-- On Laurel's death, DR: "I did not think it would be Black Canary, particularly because Black Canary has so much back story, right? And I know the producers have gone on record to say she won't be coming back. And I know Stephen's also said that. But - and obviously, I can't argue that because these guys are much smarter than I am and they know where the story's going - it's just that if the past is any reflection on what could happen, it's like all this stuff - there's no absolutes, right? Like, who knew Canary would die? Who knew Emily and Stephen? Like, who knew this stuff could happen? And now, like, with The Flash, Earth 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - I mean, how many Earths are there? ... I don't believe anyone's ever dead. That's just what I believe. You just never know where the story's going."

-- DR said that it would be "awesome" if Supergirl went over to The CW and all four shows ended up shooting in Vancouver. He said the Flash set is literally a driveway over. He said they're all a family. He compared shooting The Flash to shooting Arrow.  DR: "When we do the crossovers, you go over to Flash - they're all happy. You know what I mean? Literally, the set is brighter. Like, Grant is like, 'yay! whassup?' Like, he's all happy, and everyone's joking and break-dancing (but no, they're not break-dancing).... But they're all happy, and the lights are all different. Then you go over to Arrow... (pauses) - I mean, we have fun, but the set is literally dark, and we're shooting at night. I swear, the Flash actors, they shoot 8, 9, 10, 11 hours.  We shoot 14, 16 hours. Like, it's just crazy, man. The difference between the shows - they do a great job of just making it look different."

-- DR: "The chemistry really between me, Stephen and Emily is genuine. That's a genuine chemistry, man. ... That's no small reason why that really appears on television. Why you've really connected to those three. Because it's genuine. So yeah, we're close."

-- On whether he's jealous that Diggle doesn't have a cool uniform, DR: "Not really jealous, no. ... We talked long and hard about what Diggle could wear tactically in this universe - oh by the way, we'll have a new helmet coming next season. It'll be a Cisco creation... That'll be a storypoint next season. ... Whatever Diggle wears has to be tactical and kinda urban. So we decided on this kinda camouflage, some guns, leather, there's kevlar - so I'm not really upset about that. I'm not upset about the helmet either... You know, there was some Magneto-esque things happening. You know what's funny too? I didn't see it at first." 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

SA is doing a live Q&A on facebook right now...
https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/ 

-- It's mostly TMNT2 stuff. However, he did say that he thought the Green Arrow was closer to Leonardo than to Casey Jones (in terms of similar characters).  He also said that he thought Roy Harper was closer to Casey Jones.

ETA: He really looks like he's growing a mustache/beard - for Arrow S5?

Edited by tv echo
38 minutes ago, tv echo said:

ETA: He really looks like he's growing a mustache/beard - for Arrow S5?

Until I see photos from the Arrow set, I'll believe it's just his hiatus look.

what is with, is it PC to say actress? What?

I know this is a ridiculous detail to argue about, and there's no accounting for personal tastes and preferences, but really, SA? You've been around the world and your favorite city is Los Angeles?? Blecch.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, bijoux said:

What is more surprising about the beard is all the promotion he's going to be having to do for TMNT2.  So I wonder if it's even more temporary than we thought.  Casey Jones is a clean shaven guy.  Wouldn't they want him more like that? 

4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

What is more surprising about the beard is all the promotion he's going to be having to do for TMNT2.  So I wonder if it's even more temporary than we thought.  Casey Jones is a clean shaven guy.  Wouldn't they want him more like that? 

I don't think it matters that much during promos. Chris Evans did all his Avengers/Cap press tours with his lumberjack beard

• Love 3
(edited)

Probably. If I had to look at exactly the same for 10 months out of the year to maintain continuity on a TV show, I'd get lazy/go crazy on my vacation too

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 6

*eyeroll emoji* Manu RT a nolaurelnoarrow post tagging MG for Slade to come back and fix Arrow with a meme of him killing Felicity in the screen cap of Moira's death. Your MTV show is still on the air, why are you still so bitter for someone who has a stable job lol.

I'm really glad the Turtles PR tour kept him from growing a nasty mustache lol. 

• Love 2

I have to say my respect for Manu has dropped to zero with his recent childish behavior, he's so rediculous. It pisses me off cause even worse cause EBR is so nice, I know it's her character not the actress but still it irritates me.

• Love 2

the source was Manu. he first told the story at a Vancouver Con before the season finale aired. he said CL instead of EBR , probably to cover up a spoiler. 

Later he confirmed that it was in fact the Felicity/ Slade scene and EBR was the one that accidentally punched him. 

As for the KS and MB retweets/likes, I don't know maybe I'm naieve but i don't think it means much more than Celebs liking anything that strokes their egos. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

What is it with actors and growing beards during the hiatus. Are they just being lazy since they have to shave the rest of the year? 

I know that JA and JP have said they grow their beards because it helps them shake off Dean and Sam during the hiatus. Maybe that's the same for SA. Or alternately could he be growing it for his role in Code 8.  Maybe his wife likes it. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

the source was Manu. he first told the story at a Vancouver Con before the season finale aired. he said CL instead of EBR , probably to cover up a spoiler. 

Later he confirmed that it was in fact the Felicity/ Slade scene and EBR was the one that accidentally punched him. 

That's exactly it, thanks! I wasn't sure if it was just wishful thinking on my part getting mixed up with EBR's tendency to accidentally hit people.

• Love 2
(edited)

CisRk3RXAAACJR3.jpg

Paul Blackthorne @PaulBlackthorne

London pint pit stop with the big man @StephenAmell Proper beer! Vietnam tomorrow. #SaveTheRhinoVietnam

Cir8dhsUkAES4NF.jpg

Edited by Morena
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have a feeling this bitterness from Manu only really started after his s3 appearance. There are clips and gifs of MB at cons speaking fondly of EBR and saying how much he loved Felicity. I remember one especially where he puts on someone's glasses and does an impression of her. So this shading of her seems to be a newer development, IMO. So unprofessional. He needs to just shut the hell up.

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

I have a feeling this bitterness from Manu only really started after his s3 appearance. There are clips and gifs of MB at cons speaking fondly of EBR and saying how much he loved Felicity. I remember one especially where he puts on someone's glasses and does an impression of her. So this shading of her seems to be a newer development, IMO. So unprofessional. He needs to just shut the hell up.

Nah, he was already shading Felicity after Season 2 (and the impression of Felicity he did at a video of a con I saw wasn't particularly flattering). Pissed at the way he was taken down (fooled by Felicity, before he was finished off by Oliver). But he got more ornery after the S3 appearance. 

An best Manu is a fool and at worst he's an ass.

That being said, not to long ago a Felicity cosplayer met Manu at a con and posed with him as if he was hurting felicity or something and they said he was very nice with them,

Maybe he's a combination of both.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

As for the KS and MB retweets/likes, I don't know maybe I'm naieve but i don't think it means much more than Celebs liking anything that strokes their egos. 

I'm inclined to think the same. I don't think Manu has any idea of what's happening right now on Arrow, nor that he could be thinking that he got off the series because of Felicity, as some of these tweets seem to imply. Really, what's the correlation between Manu's exit and Felicity? smh. He might just be receiving lots of tweets that ask for his return, the meaning of the additional content might be lost on him. Like, he wouldn't think there's more to a meme of Slade killing Felicity, besides that that could be one of his character's motivations for coming back.

• Love 3

It's become increasingly clear that "celebs" barely pay attention to what they are liking.  If it's not a part of the first phrase, there's a good shot they never read it. 

Which is really a bad idea but whatcha gonna do?

• Love 2
(edited)

About Supergirl being moved, someone speculated that the studio might have pressured the CW into taking it. Now, my question is, whose "opinion" counts more, I mean, who has more power over the other, the studio or the network? Because from previous conversations I had the impression that the network had the final say over things. Or is this a special case being that the WB partially owns the CW?

Edited by looptab
(edited)
1 hour ago, looptab said:

About Supergirl being moved, someone speculated that the studio might have pressured the CW into taking it. Now, my question is, whose "opinion" counts more, I mean, who has more power over the other, the studio or the network? Because from previous conversations I had the impression that the network had the final say over things. Or is this a special case being that the WB partially owns the CW?

The studios own the network, so yeah, studios get the last say. Especially in the business side of things. Creative side can be more collaborative.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Who is going to the upfronts? I know about Echo, because he tweeted it, but I don't really know about anyone else.

Emily was tweeting about seeing Hamilton tonight, so I'm guessing she's in New York for up fronts. SA probably will be too. Not sure about anyone else. 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, looptab said:

pretty much what @dtissagirl said, WB co-owns The CW, basically WB (Roth?) and CBS (Les Moonves) are Pedowitz's bosses.

As for Upfronts,  traditionally it's been most of the cast that gets the invite. I'm curious to see if LoT gets to go this year, assuming they're mid-season replacements again. Last year they got the invite but ot was the only mid-season show that went.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1