Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

As I said before at one con, the one in Atlanta if I don't remember wrong, they were visibly hangover and Willa and KC looked still drunk. There are videos from the panel and one interview KC did that is a drunk ramble. I commented on it and I guy I know told me that he wasn't surprised because at another con he went to with his girlfriend they got the clear impression they were hangover. So my comments come from the fact that people noticed.

No matter who it is or when they get there, I don't think it's fair to the attendees if they're less than their best.  Some of those cons cost a lot to get into and then there are hotel and transportation and food fees the people have to pay and on top of that pay for the autograph sessions.

It's a job the actors get paid for and no matter how charming they are (SA I'm looking at you), it's not fair to the people who pay money to see them to show up either hungover or late.

I don't care who it is, for me there's no excuse.  If you want to get drunk, do it on your own time after you've done what you were hired to do.

• Love 11

I saw that screenshot of this forum on a conspiracy tumblr. Yeah, if we're considered bullies here, I can't imagine how anyone could have handled the Fametracker forums. Or ohnotheydidnt.

I have to agree. Fametracker was brutal to celebs, and witnessing the final days with the meltdown in  the forums was one of my top 5 internet highlights. It was crazy.

• Love 2

But KC was the only one late x.x. And this was all set up for her benefit.

I didn't realize it was specifically organized for her sake. I just thought she dropped by when she was able to and they were having fun already either way. At least it still looks like they had fun, but she should have made the effort then.

ETA: Both PB and JB are shooting their last scenes for the season today. Barrowman also posted a photo with EBR.

13010696_1166873263323094_19079196507867

She told me to suck the pink off it! Was she talking about the stick? Emily Bett Rickards JB

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 1

As I said before at one con, the one in Atlanta if I don't remember wrong, they were visibly hangover and Willa and KC looked still drunk. There are videos from the panel and one interview KC did that is a drunk ramble. I commented on it and I guy I know told me that he wasn't surprised because at another con he went to with his girlfriend they got the clear impression they were hangover. So my comments come from the fact that people noticed.

you're thinking of Louisville, Willa hasn't been to Dragon Con yet Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I didn't realize it was specifically organized for her sake. I just thought she dropped by when she was able to and they were having fun already either way. At least it still looks like they had fun, but she should have made the effort then.

We don't know when KC was suppose to arrive. No one said she was suppose to be there at the same time or if she  told them she wouldnt be able to show up until later. And SA showed up "late" as well. 

We don't know when KC was suppose to arrive. No one said she was suppose to be there at the same time or if she  told them she wouldnt be able to show up until later. And SA showed up "late" as well. 

Personally I know I'm always a bit more forgiving of anyone with a toddler in tow, lol.  But yeah, for all we know she never planned on joining them until the end.  Or maybe she did but felt like crap and let them know she'd be coming later.  If we're running with the thought they have fun with or without her, then oh well, nobody there cares much at least. 

That sounds like really unfair speculation. Her behavior from years ago on a reality TV competition (especially the kind that thrives on contrived drama) doesn't provide insight into who she is now or the quality of their marriage.  It just seems like a huge jump to me.

I think it's much easier to read into BTS stuff about who is on set, who might be fired, etc. than the quality of friendships among the actors, the quality of marriages, or any other type of relationship, the majority of which takes place 99.9999999999999% off of social media. 

You could be very right... and it's all speculation since none of us know them.

All I know is from her interactions she was high drama. She balled her eyes out & quit a show over a haircut, when makeovers have been a core part of the show for many years. Reality shows are notorious for editing & it was years ago, but some core tendencies don't change. And I have known enough people who are high drama to know that even if my relationship with them is great, I'd much rather just avoid stuff rather than providing them with stuff to become over-dramatic about.

You could be very right... and it's all speculation since none of us know them.

All I know is from her interactions she was high drama. She balled her eyes out & quit a show over a haircut, when makeovers have been a core part of the show for many years. Reality shows are notorious for editing & it was years ago, but some core tendencies don't change. And I have known enough people who are high drama to know that even if my relationship with them is great, I'd much rather just avoid stuff rather than providing them with stuff to become over-dramatic about.

Meh, she was like 19.. and to be honest I can relate to a degree, yes make overs are a huge deal in that show, but for many women their hair is a huge part of who they are- I would say especially someone who is in the showbiz in some way, or wants to be. So I can understand.

I don't know about her interactions on the show or how she was portrayed, I never really watched that show.

it's been what 10 years? people can change alot in 10 years.

• Love 1

I didn't watch the show but I saw a meme :p To be fair to her they did tell her they were going make her look like Mia farrow on Rose Mary's baby and then did it. She went from a long hair brunette to a spike hair blonde. I might be over emotional as well. 

• Love 1

As an unwilling recipient of a pixie cut when I was 19 (I asked for a bob from the most incompetent hair stylist ever), I did feel her pain. It's quite a shock, and is an absolute BITCH to grow out. It does kind of suck for her that she has next to no name recognition but if you mention her stint on ANTM, a fair number of people know who you're talking about, haha. Be careful what you do in your formative years, kids! Things stay with you far longer than you'd probably like them to.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

It wasn't the crying. I've cried over a haircut or two. And many people have cried over their hair cuts on that show. But the quitting for me was the overdramatics. Thousands of ladies wanted that opportunity and she just gave it up over a haircut. And it was a fashionable haircut for a runway model, it wasn't like some of the other horrid hairdos they did in later seasons.

But yes it was 10yrs ago, so I'll cut her some slack. I'm just saying people who are that overdramatic or headstrong about their ideas generally don't lose those all those tendencies in 10yrs. However, I'm gonna let this go, in the end it's their lives and their relationships and they can do whatever they do for whatever reason or rationale. And frankly, I just don't really care about their personal lives that much.

• Love 2

It wasn't the crying. I've cried over a haircut or two. And many people have cried over their hair cuts on that show. But the quitting for me was the overdramatics. Thousands of ladies wanted that opportunity and she just gave it up over a haircut. And it was a fashionable haircut for a runway model, it wasn't like some of the other horrid hairdos they did in later seasons.

But yes it was 10yrs ago, so I'll cut her some slack. I'm just saying people who are that overdramatic or headstrong about their ideas generally don't lose those all those tendencies in 10yrs. However, I'm gonna let this go, in the end it's their lives and their relationships and they can do whatever they do for whatever reason or rationale. And frankly, I just don't really care about their personal lives that much.

To be honest it was a terrible TERRIBLE! haircut on her and the bleaching made it worse. like maybe if they made it auburn red or left it her natural color.. but the fixie with the bleached blonde? Yea i would have thrown a fit and than went off and colored my hair by myself.

And I can understand how to a 19 year old it will seem too much and a big deal. I think she probably just had expectations on how this thing will go and it didn't pan out the way she thought it will. Honestly I give her some credit for realizing very fast this wasn't for her, that she was unwilling to change some aspects of herself to simply fit in, I wanna believe she just realized the end goal isn't worth it if you end up losing yourself in the process.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 4

Ugh. The last time I had her reaction over a haircut, I was in third grade and my hair cuttery stylist gave me a buzz cut instead of the trim I wanted. It was awful, I cried, my mom yelled at me for being a brat and I didn't go to school for a few days, but I was in third grade. I've had plenty of bad cuts since then. I have a glass of wine and whatever it grows.

It wasn't the best haircut but it was absolutely a runway cut and would fit a model. I'm just not sure what she thought she was signing up for.

• Love 1

It wasn't the best haircut but it was absolutely a runway cut and would fit a model. I'm just not sure what she thought she was signing up for.

She probably then realised how much of her image she might have to change to be a top model and it was her limit. Did she model after that?

• Love 1

I am not a fan of most reality shows and ANTM the times I watched it looked like they treated the girls like meat, ran them exhausted, pitted them against each other and of course cared way more for drama than helping the girls be a model let alone a top model.  Anyone that has ever quit a reality show only has my respect. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

Only half of KCs nails are painted.

I don't wike it.

I dont get it. Why? At first I actually thought her manicure had chipped and she's at the gym, so really, fair enough. But why do this on purpose?

I dont get it. Why? At first I actually thought her manicure had chipped and she's at the gym, so really, fair enough. But why do this on purpose?

I think KC likes to try out different things for the sake of fashion etc... Sometimes they're hits, sometimes they're misses (rings, spidery eyelashes, now the nail polish)...

As someone who was nineteen two years ago I'm asking you all to give nineteen years old girls more credit, LOL. It's true that people can change a lot in ten years but it's also true that at that age you should be mature enough not to throw a tantrum over a hair cut.

I watched that cycle of ANTM, and at the time gave a fair bit of side-eye to her, but now that I'm aware of just how manipulative the whole process can be I'm not going to hold it against her.

She also gave reasons for why she didn't want to be blonde.

And I've seen more truely awful behaviour than that in other NTMs.

• Love 4

I'm only going on the idea which was stated upthread that it was organized for her sake. If it wasn't and she just dropped by, fine.

She also gave reasons for why she didn't want to be blonde.

Since we're talking about this, what were they?

I will just never forget how she called herself a sociopath.

Did she know what the word meant?

Aww, that mad me like her more....I remember really disliking one of those girls during that cycle.

I can't quite remember and I'm too lazy to look it up, but I think she was proud to be a brunette especially on the patent circuit, which if she is from Texas, had lots of blondes.

Edited by Genki
  • Love 2

I have no particular opinion about her, but I sure hope that no one's going to ever hold something I did at 19 against me. I was an idiot, haha. Re: the sociopath stuff, maybe she has a weird sense of humour? I love that clip though, it always makes me laugh. :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 8

I don't know...to me it looked like she was totally messing with that bitchy girl in that clip to get her to leave her alone.  If I were in a similar situation I'd probably do the same.  And I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt on the hair thing too.  Nobody should be expected to do what they don't want to do.  Regardless of it being a big opportunity, if she didn't feel comfortable with the show trying to turn her into something she didn't want to be then good for her pushing back.   I'm more surprised that people are still bringing up something that happened so long along ago when she was a teenager to assess the entirety of her personality now as a 30 year-old woman.   As someone also in her 30s I can say I'm certainly not the same person I was at 19. 

• Love 9

Or the circumstances where you had to be an adult. And seeing someone act like a child makes me feel like they lead a pretty privileged life. Other people have to work hard to get an opportunity like this.

• Love 1

He just did it lol

I hate that the editing of the final moment sucked because that stay with me line would've killed me

Such a troll, haha. <3

Yeah, Oliver's reaction was like half a second. :/

Ugh, yeah. Why did they cut the "Stay with me" line? I actually hated how they cut off that whole scene really.

I wonder if the broadcast cut was very different from what the actors got to see? I remember at HVFF NM was saying that he (or his wife) cried when he saw the end of 409. I'm assuming he meant the limo sequence. Maybe the storyboard scenes, which actually show Oliver reacting, were filmed, but cut?

• Love 2

I thought at the time that scene was cut off strangely. I wonder why they did that?

Maybe that way people would think she's dead in his arms. If he said 'stay with me', it could insinuate she is still alive. Who knows? 

So KC deleted that pic of her and Stephen from all her social media accounts. Weird.

Yeah that a little weird. Did she go back to blonde or is the light in the pics making it look lighter? Or is the color just fading?

Edited by Jessie2009