Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Thanks guys.

Seriously? 'cause things like that totally helps....

I wish Arrow fans wouldn't engage her and frankly, I wish she would stop talking about the show.

• Love 2

I left out all her recent responses, where's she's quoting people that are offended by her tweets and egging them on. She's pretty unapologetic about mentioning Hitler.

I don't understand why her opinion of Arrow even matters, given how she claims to not have watched it. The show isn't even using her version of BC

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

I left out all her recent responses, where's she's quoting people that are offended by her tweets and egging them on. She's pretty unapologetic about mentioning Hitler.

I don't understand why her opinion of Arrow even matters, given how she claims to not have watched it. The show isn't even using her version of BC

Simone is often looked at as the person who brought BC back to relevancy in the DC and is the "definitive" writer for the charecter.

I don't even think she should be. I guess it depends on one's sensitivity, but to me they seemed harmless jokes.

• Love 2

Seems like she's mocking all shippers/ship wars. She never specified what ship she's talking about.

Yeah, she did it hoping one group would think she was talking about them (given her history with BC, probably hoping it would be the "other" ship), and she could spend her afternoon cheerfully trolling and making fun of people for taking her seriously.

• Love 1

Gail can ship whoever she likes (and I'm pretty sure she prefers Dinah with Bab's anyway). But don't bring Hitler references into your trolling. Just don't. It's gross. I can't believe that has to be explained to her. Just no.

She needs a hobby.

Edited by Guest

Yeah, she did it hoping one group would think she was talking about them (given her history with BC, probably hoping it would be the "other" ship), and she could spend her afternoon cheerfully trolling and making fun of people for taking her seriously.

I'm just trying to figure out why she's even trolling shippers on Arrow. I get she wrote BC but she's not involved in the show.  I never read her BC. Was her BC married to GA?

I'm just trying to figure out why she's even trolling shippers on Arrow. I get she wrote BC but she's not involved in the show. I never read her BC. Was her BC married to GA?

I don't think so? She hates Oliver.

Edited by apinknightmare

Gail can ship whoever she likes (and I'm pretty sure she prefers Dinah with Bab's anyway). But don't bring Hitler references into your trolling. Just don't. It's gross. I can't believe that has to be explained to her. Just no.

She needs a hobby.

Pretty sure that this is her hobby.

• Love 5

Pretty sure that this is her hobby.

Haha, you know, you're probably right, which makes that even sadder somehow. 

She's being ironic. I can't fault her for mocking because she's pointing out just how extreme and ridiculous the shipper wars become (e.g. they devolve into making Hitler comparisons and using 9/11 as humor). She isn't making the Hitler comparison. She's pretending to be a crazy shipper person who would make such a comparison because she thinks they look like fools.

• Love 6

That was her being ironic? Maybe she could find a way of doing it that doesn't give haters fuel or brings up the guy responsible for genocide. It's not that difficult. Yikes. 

Edited by Guest

Simone is often looked at as the person who brought BC back to relevancy in the DC and is the "definitive" writer for the charecter.

I know that. What I don't get is why her opinion about Arrow the show matters. The only thing LL on the show has in common with her version of the character is her name. 

• Love 3

Trolls are pathetic attention seekers. The fact that Gail Simone is supposed to be a comic writer icon makes it even more pathetic that she gets her jollies pissing people off on the Internet and jokingly referring to Hitler. It's like jokes about race-- don't make them. I don't care who you are, and what the context is. Just don't.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 8

Not defending the Hitler mention, that was terrible -- but I think if I hated Oliver Queen [which she does], and people kept asking me non stop every day all day about a show about Oliver Queen [which people do to her], at one point I would snap too.

• Love 4

I'm not defending that either. But honestly, I don't care. It's her twitter she can write whatever she wants. She has no relation to Arrow and people keep on trying to engage her about it. Whatever.

• Love 4

One last thought, and then I'll drop the topic: She's not a nobody. What she says has weight, even if she's joking. EBR made a joking tweet about green card marriages and got called a racist (even though she's Canadian). KC wore a Halloween costume that was in questionable taste and also got criticized. I don't think Gail Simone should get a free pass just because whatever.

• Love 11

Gail Simone wrote part of the Birds of Prey series. There is, I think, ZERO, Oliver in it, and whenever BC talks about Oliver, it's basically shading him, so yea, she hates Oliver.

I took extreme offense to the Hitler "joke," and then I thought, this is a woman, a 41 year old woman, playing these childish games.

She's the self-proclaimed feminist who wrote about Women in Refrigerators, and suddenly, when people are pointing out to her how offensive she's being, she just brushes it off, diminishing other people's feelings. The exact OPPOSITE of what feminism is all about.

This day has just disappointed me. I was a big fan of hers, but now I see she is immature and a hypocrite.

• Love 8

Wait, what, Oliver showed up in Gail's BoP run a couple of times. One of those times was Dinah feeling extremely devastated for having left him.

I must not have read those comics then/yet.

Gail Simone wrote part of the Birds of Prey series. There is, I think, ZERO, Oliver in it, and whenever BC talks about Oliver, it's basically shading him, so yea, she hates Oliver.

I took extreme offense to the Hitler "joke," and then I thought, this is a woman, a 41 year old woman, playing these childish games.

She's the self-proclaimed feminist who wrote about Women in Refrigerators, and suddenly, when people are pointing out to her how offensive she's being, she just brushes it off, diminishing other people's feelings. The exact OPPOSITE of what feminism is all about.

This day has just disappointed me. I was a big fan of hers, but now I see she is immature and a hypocrite.

I don't get it. GS isn't making a joke about Hitler. She's mocking the extreme shippers who will compare you to Hitler, or call you a racist, or strongly suggest that you should die, all because you don't support their ship. These people are bullies and they deserve a good mocking.

Also, Mel Brooks used to make jokes about Hitler in his films all the time, and I doubt it was because he didn't take his crimes seriously. I suspect it was because he knew that the thing he would hate the most is being laughed at.

• Love 9
(edited)

Part of the problem lies in, while that may be true, people may not follow her humor, aren't familiar with it, and only saw a tweet for what it was worth. Or they understand it but it just was not funny. And it was an offensive, or at the least tasteless, tweet.

When people took offense to it, she simply RTed them and continued to egg them on like an immature child.  There are enough problems in the Arrow community without doing that kind of crap.

And most importantly, it was her REACTION to others when they told her they took offense to the joke that angered me most.

Edited by ArrowFan
  • Love 5

I don't get it. GS isn't making a joke about Hitler. She's mocking the extreme shippers who will compare you to Hitler, or call you a racist, or strongly suggest that you should die, all because you don't support their ship. These people are bullies and they deserve a good mocking.

Also, Mel Brooks used to make jokes about Hitler in his films all the time, and I doubt it was because he didn't take his crimes seriously. I suspect it was because he knew that the thing he would hate the most is being laughed at.

Yeah, I have to agree. 

It's questionable bothering to purposely stir everything up but her Hitler reference seemed about on par with how ridiculously casual people on extreme sides of an argument throw around Hitler.  Maybe it's because I'm used to hearing it in the political clips on the Daly Show (and the Nightly Show, and Colbert's show and the rest...) but I didn't find anything offensive about it.  It was mocking those that would be so absurd as to go there in the first place.  And that seems worthy of mockery. 

BUT her tweets without a lot of context can come off badly. 

• Love 4

Yeah, I have to agree. 

It's questionable bothering to purposely stir everything up but her Hitler reference seemed about on par with how ridiculously casual people on extreme sides of an argument throw around Hitler.  Maybe it's because I'm used to hearing it in the political clips on the Daly Show (and the Nightly Show, and Colbert's show and the rest...) but I didn't find anything offensive about it.  It was mocking those that would be so absurd as to go there in the first place.  And that seems worthy of mockery. 

BUT her tweets without a lot of context can come off badly. 

Honestly, I read her tweets and thought about Godwin's Law (shrug).  I also spend a lot of time in the left-wing blogosphere. This kind of mockery is well, fairly mild compared to some of the stuff I regularly see. I just don't get the outrage. GS was just taking the piss out of some over the top shippers; I don't see anything wrong with that.

• Love 3

Wait, what, Oliver showed up in Gail's BoP run a couple of times. One of those times was Dinah feeling extremely devastated for having left him.

There was also the time they teamed up to help Helena with her mob takedown I believe where they stormed the warehouse.

• Love 1
(edited)

Remember when KC had to cancel a comic con in Dallas but tweeted in February that she would go to another comic con in Dallas later this year?  Well, it's official - KC (as well as Arthur Darvill and Candice Patton) will be guesting at Fan Expo Dallas in June...

Fan Expo Dallas presented by Dallas ComicCom, June 3-5, 2016
http://fanexpodallas.com/guests/

FYI: So far, KC has 6 comic cons scheduled for the remainder of 2016.

Edited by tv echo

Who is Lucas Hilton???

Apparently all the episode titles just start to blur together when it is a past season.  7/15

13/15 omg I got the Sara question wrong lol. Can't remember the other I got wrong.

Me too.  I felt so stupid. 

• Love 2

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/04/quiz-so-you-think-you-knowarrow.html

SpoilerTV's quiz on how much you know Arrow. Warning, the first one is really tricky 

Could someone actually list out the number of characters that know Oliver's identity? Because I got nowhere near that number.

I got 11/15 though, so not too bad.

Lol. I only got 8/15. I do not remember episode names. So I got almost all of those wrong. And yeah, I got the first one wrong too. I have no idea on that one.

Who is Lucas Hilton?

That's Quentin's partner from the first season, but I wouldn't have thought he appeared more than Ra's. I guess so though.

• Love 1
(edited)

SpoilerTV's quiz on how much you know Arrow. Warning, the first one is really tricky 

Could someone actually list out the number of characters that know Oliver's identity? Because I got nowhere near that number.

Here's what I'm going with:

Diggle

Felicity

Tommy 

Slade

Laurel 

Thea

Moira

Maseo

Tatsu

Quentin

Roy

Sara

Ra's

Amanda Waller

Barry

Cisco

Caitlyn

Kendra

Hawk guy

Ray

Joe West

Sebastian Blood

That's only 22 - who the hell else are the other people? 

It's the only one I got wrong, too. Damn it.

Edited by apinknightmare

I got all the way up to 33 people, but I actually forgot Roy (sorry Roy!).  Still got it wrong, of course, because I just guessed from there.  I'm also terrible with ep names so got only 8/15.

(edited)

I got 10/15. As for the first question I came up with

.. I can't figure out where the rest come from.

Edited by HighHopes
(edited)

10/15, LOL. I laughed when they asked about the flashbacks. Also who is Lucas Hilton? And the first one was hilarious. Worst kept secret identity ever, Oliver.

He was Quentin's partner.

Regarding the identity thing, I completely forget about anyone in Taken, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1