Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Preferably after she's been making out with Oliver in some dark corner of the lair. :p

They so need to do a scene where Oliver and Felicity come out from somewhere and he has lipstick on his neck and her hair is all messed up lol

• Love 5

They so need to do a scene where Oliver and Felicity come out from somewhere and he has lipstick on his neck and her hair is all messed up lol

I would love it even more if no one verbally commented on it -- just weird looks, smirks and eye-rolls between TA while discussing the case or villiain, with Thea and Dig trying to subtly point out the hair and makeup that needed fixing. :-)

• Love 6

I would love it even more if no one verbally commented on it -- just weird looks, smirks and eye-rolls between TA while discussing the case or villiain, with Thea and Dig trying to subtly point out the hair and makeup that needed fixing. :-)

Hahaha yes! And Thea or Dig would be the right person to do it! I can see Dig smirk and before he leaves say something like "Nice Hickey Oliver" Felicity your shirt is a little undone. Thea could be like "oh gross" to Fuck with them a bit

• Love 2

I thought Arrow was behind schedule with filming? I thought Stephen had said things were piling up as they got closer to the end of the season. Just curious how much down time they are having? He just posted this picture not too long ago having a drink with his mom. You definitely make time for family ESPECIALLY when it's Mom lol! Just curious as if they are behind, ahead, or on schedule, does anyone know for sure? 

"40m 

amelladventures Having an afternoon drink with my Mom in Palm Springs on a Monday? Why? Well... We don't actually need a reason. But it just so happens she just got the Four-Year-All-Clear. So... cancer can have sex with itself. Love my Mom."

12822440_482421071941080_1407049090_n.jp

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

I follow Suzanne Gomez, the VP in charge of primetime publicity for Arrow, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, Supernatural and

The Flash, on Twitter and noticed her Arrow-related posts from today. Notice something? To me, it comes across as less about promoting the show than promoting an actress/character. 

lGsANYS.png

wM7mUXf.png

SXNxeVI.png

Xu2mB4l.png

• Love 1

lol I totally unfollowed her. I don't need that stuff on my timeline. It's so weird because it came from nowhere... Maybe the CW is worried about the photos that leaked a few weeks ago. Or maybe she just really adores KC. IDK. Regardless, this is how I feel because she doesn't really extend the same courtesy to anyone else:

CeIPljqUMAAAdCu.jpg

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

lol I totally unfollowed her. I don't need that stuff on my timeline. She literally only happily reblogs KC/LL stuff nowadays and begrudgingly does anything for the rest of the cast. smh

CeIPljqUMAAAdCu.jpg

She needs to quit being a biased upset little crybaby and be a professional. It's not the fans fault that Laurel was a badly written character and the actress wasn't that good either

I don't know how true this might be - I don't follow things in twitter closely - but, just to play devil's advocate, could it be that they are posting more about KC/Black Canary because of complaints that they are all about Felicity/Olicity? Like, I remember between S2 and S3 all the promotion was about the date. Maybe people called them out and now they do more for BC? I don't know.

• Love 2

I don't know how true this might be - I don't follow things in twitter closely - but, just to play devil's advocate, could it be that they are posting more about KC/Black Canary because of complaints that they are all about Felicity/Olicity? Like, I remember between S2 and S3 all the promotion was about the date. Maybe people called them out and now they do more for BC? I don't know.

I honestly think it's because of the leaked photos... To show that the CW supports KC and LL

even though the show is totally going to kill her off.

Because Suzanne never really reblogs things like that. Looking back the past 3-4 months on her timeline, those retweets are the odd tweets out. 

• Love 3

I don't know, I remember a lot more KC tweets from her in the past. Maybe not in the past few months — I haven't been on Twitter much. But the only time, really, that KC or LL show up on my TL is when she or MG RT stuff. I'd thought about unfollowing her at some point as well. And I do get that this may be her personal account, but as the person in charge of Arrow PR, she definitely should and could do better than just retweeting an article about the first episode post-hiatus. 

• Love 3

I haven't followed Suzanne Gomez, but I am wondering how much control she gets over the Arrow Twitter account, because the things she likes mirrors the things they promote, to some extent. I've always found it strange that there is so much promo for Flash and LoT on the Arrow page and very little reciprocal promotion, and I mostly chalked it up to there being no Arrow content. But I've also noticed that they never post notices about the fun little awards the cast and show have won or articles about the cast--which are mostly Oliver and Felicity--and I've always found it bizarre that they don't post about EBR unless they are retweeting something Katie Cassidy posted about EBR. Now admittedly EBRs Twitter stream can be a little off-brand (I wish someone would give her a little media training so she doesn't lose her voice but also plays the game a little better), but when I saw that a few times in a row I was dumbfounded. I worked in media directly for a long time and now create products that rely on press, media, and word of mouth, and understand that a lot of PR and marketing is invisible to the consumer's eye, but with the continued social media failure on every platform, ignoring both Rickards and Olicity, and this weeks BvsS omission, I do think the problems with Arrow promotion are crossing from incompetence into actively undermining certain elements of the show.

• Love 12

Eh, that favoritism didn't come out of nowhere. She's always been like that. All the fan art she RTs on CW Arrow's account is usually BC stuff. She RTs KC interviews and never EBR ones. Transparent.

Regardless of her bias though, she just sucks at her job in general. I could do better and I don't even work in PR.

Edited by Guest

I don't think she herself runs the cw_arrow account, but I'm willing to bet she has a list of action items for the intern that's in charge of it.

Suzanne Gomez's To Do List for the Intern that runs the Arrow twitter and facebook account:

1) RT Flash stuff

2) RT LoT stuff

3) RT KC/LL stuff

4) Get me coffee

5) - 10) Ehhh.. do whatever. We're not paying you anyway

11) RT Arrow stuff.

• Love 8

I wouldn't be surprised if she runs the CW Arrow account. Too many times has it been the same.

And I really don't care if she has her preferences, we all do. But she needs to be less biased when running an account for a whole show with other characters. That's all. It's not that difficult to set aside personal preferences and be professional. Smh.

I don't think she herself runs the cw_arrow account, but I'm willing to bet she has a list of action items for the intern that's in charge of it.

Suzanne Gomez's To Do List for the Intern that runs the Arrow twitter and facebook account:

1) RT Flash stuff

2) RT LoT stuff

3) RT KC/LL stuff

4) Get me coffee

5) - 10) Ehhh.. do whatever. We're not paying you anyway

11) RT Arrow stuff.

And there is no requirement that the intern watch Arrow! There were several weeks in a row in which their headlines either maligned the characters--"Can Oliver be trusted not to kill everyone in Starling?" "Will Felicity's incompetence lead to the death of the team?"--or the headlines had nothing to do with what happened on screen.

• Love 4

And there is no requirement that the intern watch Arrow! There were several weeks in a row in which their headlines either maligned the characters--"Can Oliver be trusted not to kill everyone in Starling?" "Will Felicity's incompetence lead to the death of the team?"--or the headlines had nothing to do with what happened on screen.

Yeah. "Will Oliver abandon his city to save his son?" to promote 413, which had nothing to do with his son.

The network promotion for the show is nonexistent, and the little they manage to get is garbage. Don't even get me started on how the Arrow FB page is completely unmoderated, so all sorts of bad stuff is allowed to go on in the comments.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

I've experienced Chico's biased PR for over a decade now, at least she's consistent?

It was kinda funnier when she ran the CW PR for TV, and Susan Kesser ran the PR for WBTV, and the studio was about 500% more competent than anyone at the actual network promoting the shows.

I look forward to her retweeting KC's tweets next season.

On of SA's picks for Meme Monday.

12670758_1020497861368814_81065832835971

Was that from this week's show?  John Oliver does awesome rants.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Even when they promote Olicity, they don't really give a shit. SMH

See what led Olicity to the alter on the latest eps before #Arrow returns tomorrow at 8/7c

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5

Arrow is definitely on tomorrow (March 23rd). It goes to show how poorly they promote Arrow, when even a forum dedicated to the show doesn't know when it's on.

No offense to anyone here because I misread all the time, but I don't think that's the show's problem - the promo tweet we're all talking about that's linked above even has "tomorrow" in it.

• Love 2

I think if they reminded the audience there's a show called Arrow once in a while people wouldn't get confused. It's been a long hiatus and some promotion has to be done to keep the buzz. In theory.

Oh, didn't you know? The show's called The Felicity Diaries now. *Snort laugh* Sorry, I had to. LMAO.

I agree though, the promo has been terrible this hiatus. They're lucky they've got a fandom who pretty much does it themselves. 

Oh, didn't you know? The show's called The Felicity Diaries now. *Snort laugh* Sorry, I had to. LMAO.

I agree though, the promo has been terrible this hiatus. They're lucky they've got a fandom who pretty much does it themselves. 

I see you've been visiting the site that shall not be spoken of.  Lol. 

I see you've been visiting the site that shall not be spoken of.  Lol. 

LOL no. Just Facebook. And I panic moonwalked back out. And that's all I'll say! Haha.