Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Man went into the Olicity tag on Tumblr and wow WTF so much spam is happening in there right now. I don't do Tumblr often but is that a standard thing or does spamming a particular subject on Tumblr have a meaning? Just curious I'm so not in the know with most things involving social sites lol.

*sigh* for selfish reasons I don't want Quentin to die because Paul posts the BEST bts pictures... 

LOOK AT EBRs ARMS IN THIS. O_O

CWtK5aDVAAA9ZEr.jpg

And what is SA doing here? Lol

CWtLVNhUAAQvnal.jpg

Mmm

CWtM-eoXAAMDGUa.jpg

CWtNGv5UsAEu_nC.jpg

12374846_455275548016939_574861530710012

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 22

Love that photo of Stephen and David. Probably my fav.

Stephen looks like he is going to wet his pants in that shot with Emily. And her arms look amazing in that other one.

KC's hair looks particularly perfect. #hairenvy

So much like Tebow. Lol

• Love 3

"In Nyssa’s eyes, she is still married to Oliver. What happens in Nanda Parbat…is real and everlasting. That being said, I don’t know what the writers plan on doing with this storyline, but I think it would be fun and interesting to watch Felicity and Nyssa interact with this fact lingering in the back of both of their minds.

— 
Katrina Law  | Interview for Galo Magazine  [Dec 18th, 2015

I wouldn't find anything "fun or interesting" about this at all. Maybe its just me, but why the hell did the show EVER do this to begin with?

tumblr_inline_nzol3tjSQg1stk93d_540.jpg

This show better FIX THEIR SHIT, QUICK, FAST AND IN A DAMN HURRY!

BTW is this the right thread? I get confused sometimes about where to actually place some things.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 7

What is there to even fix, I mean, Oliver and Felicity know that that wedding was a complete sham, otherwise they'd be discussing it during all the marriage talk before getting engaged?

I mean, I think they'll probably have Nyssa joking about it for as long as the show goes on, because Guggie seems to think this is highly amusing, but this is not an actual problem. Hidden son in another city is an actual problem.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 5

LOL, I think Katrina is just trolling. I mean, c'mon, lesbian forced into marriage with a straight guy. How could Nyssa even think that's real and everlasting? That "gotcha!" never quite worked, and didn't gain much buzz because this show tried to sell the idea it just killed 2/3s of its cast in that same episode. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva

What is there to even fix, I mean, Oliver and Felicity know that that wedding was a complete sham, otherwise they'd be discussing it during all the marriage talk before getting engaged?

I mean, I think they'll probably have Nyssa joking about it for as long as the show goes on, because Guggie seems to think this is highly amusing, but this is not an actual problem. Hidden son in another city is an actual problem.

Not sure if they are calling it a sham. Its something fans or at least I didn't like but having Felicity make the comment about an "annulment" when they were starting their road trip. Nyssa with her "sister-in-law" comment. The writers may play it for laughs and KL may think its interesting. but I DO NOT put anything past these writers when they have a situation that could provide for additional angst for Oliver and Felicity. Imagine they're standing at the altar when the "if anyone knows any reason why these 2 should not be joined in matrimony speak now or forever hold your peace" oh look who appears from the shadows (must be a LOA thing) and says her invitation must have gotten lost in the mail, oh its his first wife Nyssa objecting to the wedding. 

Yes William is a major problem(created by the writers) so when I say these are the Arrow writers and they like or at least Marc likes his drama I can see the Nanda Parbat marriage rearing its ridiculous head once more before they put it to rest for good!

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

For this to become a real thing, every single character has to be made a trillion times dumber than Oliver currently is re: BM's ultimatum.

Nyssa: OUR MARRIAGE IS FOR REALSIES.

Oliver: Uh, no it's not?

Malcolm: YES IT IS TOO WHEN A RA'S FORCES YOU TO MARRY IT IS FOR REALSIES!

Felicity: Okay, then let's go to a US court and you two can tell the judge about being assassins that live in a secret sovereign nation nobody knows exists, and oh, did I mention the assassins part? And then you can explain the part about coercing people into a marriage ceremony while the friends of the groom were being fake-poisoned by you.

Nyssa and Malcolm: Okay, gotta jet, bye!

• Love 7

Arrow writers and Marc are all I'm going to say about the Nanda Parbat marriage situation and its ridiculousness rearing its head again. It may NOT be a hindrance to the actual marriage ceremony between Oliver and Felicity. However I do believe it will at some point be part of the narrative again when they begin planning their wedding. I'm sure it will probably be in a comedic way, but they are going to have to give resolution to that story line. 

I don't think its a story line that will get any traction at ALL, I just think its a lingering out there and it needs to be close permanently even if its just a throw away line.

But yes they have bigger problems than a forced marriage conducted by a Priestess in a foreign area. 

So much like Tebow. Lol

THANK YOU!!! It's driving me crazy. Like I really can't stand Tebow (for football reasons) and it pings my irrational hate for this poor actor because he looks so much like him.

I can't understand KL's comments. She knows the marriage is a farce. Nyssa was forced into that marriage. WTF??

For this to become a real thing, every single character has to be made a trillion times dumber than Oliver currently is re: BM's ultimatum.

Nyssa: OUR MARRIAGE IS FOR REALSIES.

Oliver: Uh, no it's not?

Malcolm: YES IT IS TOO WHEN A RA'S FORCES YOU TO MARRY IT IS FOR REALSIES!

Felicity: Okay, then let's go to a US court and you two can tell the judge about being assassins that live in a secret sovereign nation nobody knows exists, and oh, did I mention the assassins part? And then you can explain the part about coercing people into a marriage ceremony while the friends of the groom were being fake-poisoned by you.

Nyssa and Malcolm: Okay, gotta jet, bye!

First: Hilarious.  Also I would pay very good money to hear Malcolm and/or Nyssa say "for realsies."

Second: I can totally see this rearing its head again, because Guggie is a very stupid person who seems genuinely shocked when the audience is not as stupid as he is. 

• Love 2

If it's an interview or article it goes in the media thread. If it's twitter, tumblr, Instagram conventions etc it goes here.

Thank you, I will try my damnedest to remember this. My memory is pretty shot so I'll probably post wrong again in one of these threads, but it will not be intentionally.

Edited by Ann Mack

I can't understand KL's comments. She knows the marriage is a farce. Nyssa was forced into that marriage. WTF??

Actors tend to focus on the storylines they were involved with, and her other recent Arrow storyline was the "let's go gravedigging to set up a spinoff!" so I think her options were sorta limited. 

• Love 3

I don't see what's confusing about KL believing that to Nyssa, that marriage was real. It was performed on her native soil, in her home, within the customs of her culture. What other marriage would be real to her, if not that one? Of course she's not happy about it, and of course it was performed without her consent, but apparently that's not a necessary component to LoA marriages, so...again, to her it is real, and she is married. This is why the whole thing was so gross to begin with.

I don't expect Felicity or Oliver to feel bound by it at all, but MG left that stupid thread dangling and they do need to do something about it, at some point. If they're not going to do something--like having someone use the marriage (or preferably, the option to permanently get OUT of the marriage) as leverage to get someone else to do their bidding--then they just need to have Malcolm proclaim an end to it, and move on.

• Love 14

"In Nyssa’s eyes, she is still married to Oliver. What happens in Nanda Parbat…is real and everlasting. That being said, I don’t know what the writers plan on doing with this storyline, but I think it would be fun and interesting to watch Felicity and Nyssa interact with this fact lingering in the back of both of their minds.

— 

Katrina Law  | Interview for Galo Magazine  [Dec 18th, 2015

I've posted the link to this interview in the Starling City Times thread.  The rest of KL's interview is interesting too.

I put 3 more pics in the Felicity Smoak Thread...these are always so hard to figure out the best place...News/Media or Felicity/EBR thread. I know the picture heavy posts tend to bog down older devices like my tablet so I don't want to overload a thead.

I put 3 more pics in the Felicity Smoak Thread...these are always so hard to figure out the best place...News/Media or Felicity/EBR thread. I know the picture heavy posts tend to bog down older devices like my tablet so I don't want to overload a thead.

It was my understanding that the Felicity thread is strictly a character thread and not one for EBR... Hmm

It was my understanding that the Felicity thread is strictly a character thread and not one for EBR... Hmm

I have no idea, we've posted photos there before. If that's not the right place I'll move the pics to News/Media since it's a magazine

I really like this photo. Not a fan of the cover though

Agreed. The one on the cover is a silly pose. She doesn't look that comfortable with it either. What are we going for here? The one you chose is lovely.

I don't think it's really ever been spelled out one way or the other but apart from the obvious BTS stuff like ranting about SA's Twitter issues, it seems like all the character threads get treated as dual purpose really with both stuff about the actor and the character - at least when it comes to stuff about the actor that affects the character, like appearance.  The pictures could easily be put in the News section but I don't see the harm of them being in the character thread since that is the closest we have to an EBR thread as well.  

• Love 2

FYI, I stopped by my local GameStop and asked about the Felicity Smoak Funko POP.  I was told that her POP is scheduled to come in store on Dec. 31st (priced at $10.99).

Edited by tv echo