Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Maybe he's just been busy? He posted during the Thanksgiving break and he had a live vid with Grant Gustin up earlier today, although he appears to have deleted it for some reason.

I do think it's interesting that he apparently didn't tweet or post anything on FB about the crossover. I guess that makes two Arrow episodes this season he hasn't personally promoted.

Edited by lemotomato

Didn't he post a trailer for the crossover?

I asked because usually his breaks are preceded by something, be it the fandom or him overreacting. So I thought I must have missed something.

That he put it on private does seem weird.

But he didn't promote the episodes on the days they aired, which was what people on Twitter were giving him crap about when it happened (or rather, didn't happen) pre-406. I think this just goes to show that there's no ulterior motive behind which episodes he remembers to tweet about.

• Love 2

So, Stephen Amell has been pretty silent on social media lately. Have I missed something or is it just one of his usual breaks?

Maybe he just doesn't know how to spin this in a positive light after it's aired seeing as he's on record (as well as EBR) about being protective of showing this as a grown-up, mature relationship. Joke's on them, it would seem.

• Love 9

Honestly, I don't think MG cares one bit about the angry messages that he receives on twitter/tumblr.  IMO, the only things that are going to get a reaction out of him are 1.) Silence when he's expecting a big reaction from some stupid shit that has gone down on the show or 2.) A significant drop in the ratings.  Pretty sure neither of those things are going to happen, even with last night's asinine developments.  The fans are too loyal and they continue to watch, even when the show is an utter crapfest (see season 3).   

• Love 4

Is the mother going to be someone that they think we should care about? Because while I get that she wants to protect her kid, she didn't come across as someone that you instantly like. 

Honestly, I don't think MG cares one bit about the angry messages that he receives on twitter/tumblr. 

I think it is an ego thing. He wants praise but gets angry when he doesn't get it and blames it on idiotic people who watch the show 'wrong'.

• Love 1

The ratings will drop next week it's a given, it dropped last season as well, (1.4 to 1.1 for 309). The ratings boost was because of the Flarrow crossover, it's been repeatedly proven that Barry Allen increase Arrow's ratings.

I would not get wrapped up in or expect some massive drop in ratings because of the 408 ending.

• Love 1

The ratings will drop next week it's a given, it dropped last season as well, (1.4 to 1.1 for 309). The ratings boost was because of the Flarrow crossover, it's been repeatedly proven that Barry Allen increase Arrow's ratings.

I would not get wrapped up in or expect some massive drop in ratings because of the 408 ending.

I think, no matter what, their ratings will be fine through 4.10.  After that it could depend.

I just can't...

https://twitter.com/ARROWwriters/status/672269893820006400

BTW, if you check out the tweets from the ArrowWritersRoom, GB and AK, they're all very happy with the high ratings for the Arrow crossover ep.

Meh. SA was good, I guess, nothing more than usual, but I wouldn't say baby mama was anything out of the ordinary. She definitely wasn't bad though. 

I find it hard to acknowledge hype about acting though when they've claimed Emmy worthy performances before. Um. I blinked and missed those.

Edited by Guest

I really liked SA's acting. He seemed very vulnerable, nigh close to tears when baby mama said no to telling Felicity.

Yeah, I agree. Even though I know he's a complete shit heel for not telling Felicity when he knows he can trust her with that secret, his "She's a nice person. She's the best" still gets me.

• Love 3

I continue to find it interesting that there hasn't been anything from SA about this episode on social media. (Right?) The last twitter was Nov. 18th and it just says "twitter." Which... what? And FB doesn't have anything either. Actually none of the Arrow actors have tweeted anything about the episode. That's weird, right? Writers and producers are promoting acting, ratings. Actors - nothing. Huh.

• Love 2

I continue to find it interesting that there hasn't been anything from SA about this episode on social media. (Right?) The last twitter was Nov. 18th and it just says "twitter." Which... what? And FB doesn't have anything either. Actually none of the Arrow actors have tweeted anything about the episode. That's weird, right? Writers and producers are promoting acting, ratings. Actors - nothing. Huh.

He did have a post up on his Facebook for The Flash half of the crossover, but he deleted it yesterday. 

• Love 1

Well, they're probably filming the episodes where O/F have just split up, so SA is probably crying inside right now. LMAO. I jest, I jest. 

Kind of. ;P

I don't pay super close attention to what any of the actors are saying on social media beyond what gets posted here, so maybe they don't talk about what happens in the episodes much. It just seemed odd to me given all the other promotion being done for the crossovers/LOT launch that the Arrow actors are mostly quiet.

I don't pay super close attention to what any of the actors are saying on social media beyond what gets posted here, so maybe they don't talk about what happens in the episodes much. It just seemed odd to me given all the other promotion being done for the crossovers/LOT launch that the Arrow actors are mostly quiet.

When Stephen is excited about how the storyline is progressing he is usually very vocal about it. He'll post on twitter, Facebook and do videos. His silence is probably one of three things, a) he's disappointed b) he's being told to keep everything under wraps to prevent spoilers or c) he's on a social media hiatus. But honestly he doesn't usually go on hiatus, he's usually nonstop engaging and he hasn't even asked for fan art Friday on his page yet. Which is odd.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 6

When Stephen is excited about how the storyline is progressing he is usually very vocal about it. He'll post on twitter, Facebook and do videos. His silence is probably one of three things, a) he's disappointed b) he's being told to keep everything under wraps to prevent spoilers or c) he's on a social media hiatus. But honestly he doesn't usually go on hiatus, he's usually nonstop engaging and he hasn't even asked for fan art Friday on his page yet. Which is odd.

I don't think he's on a hiatus - he usually announces that for max dramatic effect. He had a Flash post up that he deleted, and he posted a video with Grant Gustin that he either deleted or made private shortly after the fact. He's also been responding to comments on FB, so...IDK. It's a little strange. 

SA's silence is weird because this storyline is something he pushed for and seemed excited about. Maybe it's not turning out how he planned. He seems like the type who digs in his heels even when the story sucks or completely ignores it (Laurels trilogy). I expected him to dig in his heels on this one.

Maybe he's just choosing to be silent because most people's reactions to what Oliver did was negative. Emotions are high, people are angry, and since he knows there's nothing he can do about it since he doesn't write the show, he's avoiding being a lightning rod for people angry at Oliver.

• Love 12

Maybe he's just choosing to be silent because most people's reactions to what Oliver did was negative. Emotions are high, people are angry, and since he knows there's nothing he can do about it since he doesn't write the show, he's avoiding being a lightning rod for people angry at Oliver.

That's probably it. The first post at the top of his page is Mark Zuckerberg's baby announcement, and he probably figures no one will be nasty in that (he's probably wrong, haha).

SA's silence is weird because this storyline is something he pushed for and seemed excited about. Maybe it's not turning out how he planned. He seems like the type who digs in his heels even when the story sucks or completely ignores it (Laurels trilogy). I expected him to dig in his heels on this one.

I forgot SA said he came up with this take on Baby Mama or had input or whatevs. If so, I wonder if it changed from what he suggested or he's surprised by the fairly universal negative reaction to it even by those who otherwise liked the episode. (Come on, it's not that he's surprised right? He's not stupid.)

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 2

I actually think SA is one of the few who does have SOME pull.  Not enough, probably, to stop this train of stupidity, but I would have hoped he'd have enough pull to soften it a little.  Oh well.

I forgot SA said he came up with this take on Baby Mama or had input or whatevs. If so, I wonder if it changed from what he suggested or he's surprised by the fairly universal negative reaction to it even by those who otherwise liked the episode. (Come on, it's not that he's surprised right? He's not stupid.)

I'm pretty sure he said he suggested/pushed Oliver being a father.  Hopefully not like this, but who knows anymore.

Edited by AyChihuahua

I actually think SA is one of the few who does have SOME pull.  Not enough, probably, to stop this train of stupidity, but I would have hoped he'd have enough pull to soften it a little.  Oh well.

Scary thought: maybe he did soften it a little.

• Love 8

SA going silent makes me a little nervous for what's coming up. There's a part of me that wonders if it's because he's not happy about what's happening in the episodes he's filming now.

Well, Oliver most likely just got dumped in what they're filming now and is probably minimally interacting with Felicity.  And when they do interact, it's waaaaaaaaaaangst, just like last year.  Which I don't think anyone liked performing (EBR stated afterwards she was a bit tired of Felicity crying).

SA going silent makes me a little nervous for what's coming up. There's a part of me that wonders if it's because he's not happy about what's happening in the episodes he's filming now.

Given that he deleted at least one post he already made, and hasn't posted anything else since the ep aired, I'm guessing he doesn't want to put up anything that invites commentary. 

• Love 4

Given that he deleted at least one post he already made, and hasn't posted anything else since the ep aired, I'm guessing he doesn't want to put up anything that invites commentary. 

For once, he's making a good call. I'm glad he's staying radio silent - no matter how he feels (pro or against the story,) it would only turn into a clusterfuck.

• Love 8

IDK, would it really require the complete silence? Is it that terrible out there?(I'm not on twitter and scarcely on Facebook). I mean, last year Oliver had pretty idiotic moments too, yet he commented, even in a humourous way sometimes. 

It makes me think that it's not even related to the episodes, given that he's been scarce for a while, even before Thanksgiving.

IDK, would it really require the complete silence? Is it that terrible out there?(I'm not on twitter and scarcely on Facebook). I mean, last year Oliver had pretty idiotic moments too, yet he commented, even in a humourous way sometimes. 

It makes me think that it's not even related to the episodes, given that he's been scarce for a while, even before Thanksgiving.

I probably wouldn't think anything of it if he had just been silent, but he's also deleting things. So...

Twitter is pretty ragey about it.  I am not the only one who's been tweeting really mean things to Guggie, et al.

Not to the actors, though.  The only thing I did there was post on SA's FB about whether we're allowed to hate the stupid BM storyline now that it has aired (bc he told someone else that they shouldn't draw conclusions from grainy, out-of-context BM pics).

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

Yeah, that's puzzling. As far as I remember, usually he deletes things he writes when he's not connecting fingertips and brain, and a video with GG seems pretty innocuous. Maybe you're right and he is just refusing any and all criticism to the episode. I think he must have appreciated playing the emotional parts, so he might not take criticism well.

Yeah, that's puzzling. As far as I remember, usually he deletes things he writes when he's not connecting fingertips and brain, and a video with GG seems pretty innocuous.

I think the video with GG was a private message to someone that he didn't mean to post publicly.

He went silent before this episode though, didn't he? I thought I remembered something about people complaining that he didn't tweet or promote 4x06 at all.

That's why I was wondering a little bit whether he'd found out something about upcoming episodes that made him not happy. But of course that's sheer speculation on my part.

Edited by Starfish35

I think the video with GG was a private message to someone that he didn't mean to post publicly.

That's exactly what it was. He answered a post his FB that said if the family wanted to share it, they could.

• Love 1

He went silent before this episode though, didn't he? I thought I remembered something about people complaining that he didn't tweet or promote 4x06 at all.

That's why I was wondering a little bit whether he'd found out something about upcoming episodes that made him not happy. But of course that's sheer speculation on my part.

He posted some complimentary tweets regarding Bamford's and DR's work on 4x07. I think that's it.