Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

To be fair, I think JB is in a category of his own. James Marsters told a story of where, when guesting on Torchwood, he watched in astonishment as JB ran in, grabbed the boobs of one of the lead actresses (can't remember which one), then ran off cackling. James approached the actress later and told her that she had a witness if she wanted to pursue a claim of sexual harrassment - and she looked at him as if he was mad.

I don't know if I'm supposed to find that story as hilarious as I do. But that's funny.

• Love 2

I've heard rumors (whether true or not I have no idea) that JB was part of why Chris Eccleston quit Doctor Who, that he had very little appreciation for JB's shenanigans.

My understanding is that when JB was on Doctor Who he didn't pull the hijinks to the degree he did on Torchwood.  He and Eve Myles were apparently best friends and they both pulled a lot of shenanigans together and pranked each other and other cast members a lot in various ways.

Eccelston may not have liked JB's behavior, but I don't think those had anything do with why he left the show and why he wouldn't go back for the 50th anniversary. 

“I left Doctor Who because I could not get along with the senior people. I left because of politics. I did not see eye-to-eye with them. I didn’t agree with the way things were being run. I didn’t like the culture that had grown up, around the series. So I left, I felt, over a principle.
Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

As far as KC not being at her booth goes: We got to the con by 9:45 on Saturday. She wasn't out yet, and the sign in front of her booth said she would show up around 12:00 and lining up for autographs at her booth would begin at 11:30. 12:00 came and went, and by 1:00 she still hadn't shown up and I overheard volunteers talking about how she was running late for her first photo op that day. How late I didn't hear. The sign was then changed to say she would be over to sign at 2:00. We left for about an hour from 1:30-2:30. When we returned, she wasn't at the booth. We stayed until 5:00 and I did not see her at her booth even one time. We also went on Sunday at 9:30. We left at 11:30, and the sign at her booth said she wouldn't be there until 12:00. So needless to say, I saw her from afar on the big screens during the Lance panel (which I didn't attend), and that was the only time I saw her at all. I'm sure she was out, we've seen pictures, but she absolutely wasn't as visible as the others by a long shot.

• Love 8

I'm just amazed at KC's lack of ability to keep those commitments. I mean if she can't keep them maybe she shouldn't even schedule them? She's hurting herself more this way than just not committing to them.

• Love 4

Was CL there on time? The one I went to she showed up 15 minutes early which is why I got to talk her for so long.

She was on time as far as I am aware. She was at her booth bright and early on Sunday. My daughter drew her a picture and she was just so nice to her. I liked her before, but meeting her and seeing her interact with fans definitely earned some loyalty from me and my kids.

• Love 8

I've heard rumors (whether true or not I have no idea) that JB was part of why Chris Eccleston quit Doctor Who, that he had very little appreciation for JB's shenanigans.

Who knows but I have no complaints that he did quit so if JB gets the credit, more reasons to love him.  (But keep hating Malcolm)

Who knows but I have no complaints that he did quit so if JB gets the credit, more reasons to love him.  (But keep hating Malcolm)

I highly doubt ANY lead would quit their show because of a guest star! which is what JB was on Dr. Who- I mean he was only in a total of 4 episodes during 9 run..

People keep looking for things, I think at the end CE realized DW wasn't for him creative wise. maybe when he auditioned for the part he was told one thing and than the show went a different direction and he was unhappy with it. My money is on Rose's one sided crush on the doctor, you could already see signs of it during the first season.

The answer of why she was late should come from Katie. Her fans should demand it. It's weird that they don't

Most of her fans really don't care about her behavior. The fan fest praised her for taking photos with the support staff but I only think she did that to make herself look good. The only ones who liked that she did that were her own fans. Lol

well she shouldn't either lol. I'd have to have a good memory to remember. I just think it's disrespectful.

Whether or not it's disrespectful is up to the people involved and dependent on the relationship they have, and I've seen no indication that David or anyone else is bothered by it.

• Love 1

More video clips from Heroes & Villains FanFest...

-- On why Oliver loves Felicity, SA: "The fact that she doesn't let him get away with stuff.  I mean, Oliver is a bit of a dick sometimes... Oliver has his 'moments' and, uh, Felicity never lets him get away with it. She's always keeping him in check. I think that's what he admires and loves most about her. " (around 1:20 mark)

Best Of HVFF Panels - Olicity, OTA, Mama Smoak...
(by Olicity IBelieve)

SA doing the zipline

NM plays the harmonica

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

SA looks kinda uncomfortable in his suit in that picture. It's like he can barely lift his arms.

I guess they could give the excuse that he was hamming it up for the photo, but yeah.

The real awkwardness, IMO is during the fight scenes, when he can barely lift his legs - when they said, after season 3 that the suit was done, I had hoped for something less restrictive, more flexible, not the opposite (and no, I didn't say spandex, nor did I mean spandex- I just want something so he looks more like the Arrow, asskicker, when he fights, and less like Buffy in that episode when she was wearing a long tight skirt and couldn't kick properly).

Also, after last episode's fight on the docks, his left arm was one big bruise. Doesn't that make him seem more vulnerable to the bad guys?

Ugh. I'm tired of complaining about the new suit.

• Love 5

I guess they could give the excuse that he was hamming it up for the photo, but yeah.

The real awkwardness, IMO is during the fight scenes, when he can barely lift his legs - when they said, after season 3 that the suit was done, I had hoped for something less restrictive, more flexible, not the opposite (and no, I didn't say spandex, nor did I mean spandex- I just want something so he looks more like the Arrow, asskicker, when he fights, and less like Buffy in that episode when she was wearing a long tight skirt and couldn't kick properly).

Also, after last episode's fight on the docks, his left arm was one big bruise. Doesn't that make him seem more vulnerable to the bad guys?

Ugh. I'm tired of complaining about the new suit.

Oh, I definitely think he was hamming it up. It's just he looks awkward and often does actually. It seems very restrictive. And I've always thought the sleeveless suit was a bad idea but then I don't care about honoring the comic canon suit. I was thinking more how freezing SA would be filming in that in Vancouver winters. 

• Love 3

I'm 99% sure he said Secaucus in his last Facebook video. Tag, you're it. :)

He did!

Someone also knocked on his trailer door, and said Kevin wanted to talk to him, and he said, "Who's Kevin? I don't know who Kevin is." 

Seconds later, he lets Kevin in, and KEVIN IS THE DIRECTOR OF THE EPISODE THEY'RE WORKING ON, lmao.

• Love 4

Someone also knocked on his trailer door, and said Kevin wanted to talk to him, and he said, "Who's Kevin? I don't know who Kevin is." 

Seconds later, he lets Kevin in, and KEVIN IS THE DIRECTOR OF THE EPISODE THEY'RE WORKING ON, lmao.

But he sure is pretty.

• Love 13

I'm 99% sure he said Secaucus in his last Facebook video. Tag, you're it. :)

Damnit. Fine I'll go and report back. It's the weekend after Arrow comes back from hiatus so it should be interesting. Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 9

Kevin Fair directed the greatest* Smallville episode of all time, Roulette, that you all should watch because it's a rip off of the David Fincher movie "The Game", but starring Oliver Queen.

* "greatest" in Smallville parlance has nothing to do with actual greatness.

• Love 4

The next Heroes & Villains FanFest is scheduled for Jan. 23-24, 2016, at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, NJ. 

http://heroesfanfest.com/newyork/

Guest currently listed are SA, DR, JB, KC and RA.

http://heroesfanfest.com/newyork/guests/

Hmm. I'm actually not too far from there…

I haven't been to a convention in nearly 20 years. And it was a Star Trek convention. In upstate NY. But I did get to meet Scotty! He was very sweet.

• Love 4

Hmm. I'm actually not too far from there…

I haven't been to a convention in nearly 20 years. And it was a Star Trek convention. In upstate NY. But I did get to meet Scotty! He was very sweet.

I think having to meet and hug DR (who I hear smells amazing), SA, and JB (who may or may not touch your boobs) would be worth it! :p

• Love 3

I think having to meet and hug DR (who I hear smells amazing), SA, and JB (who may or may not touch your boobs) would be worth it! :p

Is it wrong that I would a little disappointed if JB didn't try to grab my boobs?

• Love 3

Is it wrong that I would a little disappointed if JB didn't try to grab my boobs?

If being disappointed that JB didn't try to grab your boobs is wrong, then I don't want to be right

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

KC does a lot of reposting and delayed posts, so her photos aren't really an accurate timeline of her movements. I don't see anything in the photos to think they aren't current though. 

The photos remind me of the opening to 101 Dalmatians. When all the dogs and owners are resembling each other.

• Love 2

The KC,SA and CL photoshoot happened. CUYu9juUYAQb0Ua.jpg

What the hell is KC doing in that pic? She looks like she is either showing off her boobs or trying to get as far away from the woman next to her as possible.

• Love 6

KC does a lot of reposting and delayed posts, so her photos aren't really an accurate timeline of her movements. I don't see anything in the photos to think they aren't current though.

The photos remind me of the opening to 101 Dalmatians. When all the dogs and owners are resembling each other.

I could've sworn I've seen that photo with the dog and her mouth open on Instagram. Plus she hasn't posted these on any social media so that's why I think they are old.