Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Doesnt really matter. If CW/WB say they are going, they will be there. I am guessing they also have to do press tour at the screening. From what we are told from  the EPs i am expecting SA, DR, EBR, GG, DP, CV to be there. Also the actor who play Hawkman/Hawkgirl and the actor for Vandal Savage.

I dont think all the LOT cast will be there if they just have a brief appearance. They crossover is basically all about the Hawks and Vandal Savage.

They gonna use TCAs in January to promote LOT anyway.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 4

They'll probably end up chartering a plane to Burbank (1 hour+) or to LAX (2 hours++ 'cause traffic around LAX has been extra hell-ish recently) from San Jose, if their presence is mandated by the WB, since ALL the Arrow regulars, sans EBR, are going to the FanFest. And all of them have photo ops still scheduled (and, I imagine, already pre-purchased by fans) for Sunday. That's a lot of money, not to mention fan outrage, if the cast cancels Sunday at the con. Since it's almost the whole cast of Arrow at SJFF, maybe they were able to negotiate with the WB/CW to just let them be at Burbank in time for the Q&A, instead of the whole screening? I mean, DP already got her schedule at SJFF modified after the Flarrow screening schedule was announced. Maybe there's still talks going on for the Arrow cast, which is why the con panel schedule hasn't been posted yet? I'm probably SOL, though.

What time is the Flarrow screening (what time was it last year)? If the screening starts at 3 or 4pm, that might give the Arrow cast time to get there by 5 or 6pm (for the Q&A) since WH and JB have the last photo op scheduled for Sunday at 4pm. If it's just SA's presence that will be needed, SA's last photo op is with JB and WH at 3:45pm.

I do wonder how they'll end up playing this since that's a lot of paying fans they'll be disappointing/potentially pissing off. I don't know if the EPs/CW/WB would care all that much about a few thousand fans (maybe not at all?) but I highly doubt they would just let the Arrow cast play hooky and not have to shill the crossover episode at the screening. They won't be able to resist taking this opportunity to, at least, make sure that all their masks are present so SA, DR, WH, and KC are probably going to be absolutely required to attend (CL, PB, JB, and NM probably have more leeway to stay at SJ). Meaning they'll have to haul ass from SJ and/or cancel much/all of their afternoon schedule at the con, which would be a huge bummer for the fans who are attending SJFF.

Either way, I guess I'll have to prepare myself for the worst (that all of them cancel for Sunday) so it doesn't suck as much when (IF???! lol at me) they announce the cancellations. At least, Hayley Atwell, Karen Gillan, and the OUAT ladies will still be there.

I would be shocked if SA is not at the screening. I don't expect all of the casts to show up, they didn't do that last year. However, you can't have a Flarrow screening without your lead actors from both Flash and Arrow.

Last year there was a Red Carpet event prior to the screening and a Q&A after the screening. I don't see them doing any less this year.

My guess The Hawks, Vandal Savage from LoT, SA, GG and maybe a few others that appear in both episodes of the crossover.

You don't need the entire casts of Arrow, Flash or LoT. You need the key actors. If I had to guess, EBR and CV since they are fan favorites and neither will be at San Jose. If DP changed her convention dates to just Saturday it's possible she will be there as well. If so, I fully expect DR to go to the screening too.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

I think the actors required at the screening will be the ones from Arrow that appear in Flash, and viceversa. That's what they did last year. As far as regulars go, at least. (There were also Robbie Amell and Audrey Marie Anderson, IIRC). So I'm thinking SA, DR, EBR and WH for Arrow, GG, DP, CV for Flash, plus whatever guest stars-which I don't think will be included in the Q&A.

There's also a possibility though, that seeing last year's great success they put more money into it and demand the whole casts attendance.

Neither Robbie Amell nor the actress that plays Lyla were part of the after screening Q&A (that I recall). Lyla did participate in the pre-event Red Carpet (she was in pictures) can't recall if she did interviews.

I have no idea why RA was there, other than he's SA'said cousin, lives in LA and starred in one of Berlanti's failed shows. However he wasn't really a part of the event that I recall. I don't even remember if he was in any pictures (to be honest).

ETA: he did pictures but, I doubt it was anything more than being SA's cousin. Unless they were testing a possible Firestorm spin-off at the time (which was a rumor at one point)

Edited by Morrigan2575

No, they weren't part of the Q&A. I just listed them because they were at the event :)

Robbie Amell made his first appearance as Firestorm in Flash 108. So I think he and Audrey Marie Anderson were there as the major guest stars of the crossovers.

No, they weren't part of the Q&A. I just listed them because they were at the event :)

Robbie Amell made his first appearance as Firestorm in Flash 108. So I think he and Audrey Marie Anderson were there as the major guest stars of the crossovers.

He did?  Wow, I don't even remember that.  I thought he showed up in an  earlier episode...so i guess that's why he was there, he (like Audrey - thanks for supplying her name) were the big (non Arrow) Guest Stars in each episode, that were also recurring characters

Podcast interview with composer Blake Neely...

LEAGUECAST – Bonus Interview With FLASH, ARROW, & SUPERGIRL Composer Blake Neely
BY ADAM MOREAU ON NOVEMBER 12, 2015
http://geekleagueofamerica.com/2015/11/12/leaguecast-bonus-interview-with-flash-arrow-supergirl-composer-blake-neely/

In deciding when additional characters get their own themes, BN said that big characters with comic book names (like the Atom and BC and new Firestorm) get their own themes.  However, villains of the week don't get their own themes, though he may come up with interesting music.  He also does emotional themes, like for Oliver's trust issues, Barry's family issues, etc.

Edited by tv echo

He did?  Wow, I don't even remember that.  I thought he showed up in an  earlier episode...so i guess that's why he was there, he (like Audrey - thanks for supplying her name) were the big (non Arrow) Guest Stars in each episode, that were also recurring characters

Yeah, it was in the final tag of the episode :)

(2 hours++ 'cause traffic around LAX has been extra hell-ish recently)

Seriously, what the hell is up with the traffic for the past month? It's an extra special level of bad.

On topic - does SA have some sort of stake in the San Jose Con? I thought I read that when it was first announced, but maybe he was just promoting it. I also imagine whomever is required at the screening will take a quick flight to LA for a few hours. Hopefully, it won't mess up too many schedules for the fans who are attending the Con. 

Seriously, what the hell is up with the traffic for the past month? It's an extra special level of bad.

On topic - does SA have some sort of stake in the San Jose Con? I thought I read that when it was first announced, but maybe he was just promoting it. I also imagine whomever is required at the screening will take a quick flight to LA for a few hours. Hopefully, it won't mess up too many schedules for the fans who are attending the Con. 

I believe that's fan speculation since he was actively promoting it and asking fans who they wanted to see attend

There's no schedule up for the Con yet, which is really frustrating. No maps or info about vendors (besides Lord Mesa), nothing about panels or autograph sessions. The only info that's up is about photo ops, and all of the Arrow cast still have their Sunday ops posted for sale. I've only been to Wondercon many years ago, but is this is standard procedure for most Cons, to wait until the very last second to announce what's happening?

Edited by lemotomato

There's no schedule up for the Con yet, which is really frustrating. No maps or info about vendors (besides Lord Mesa), nothing about panels or autograph sessions. The only info that's up is about photo ops, and all of the Arrow cast still have their Sunday ops posted for sale. I've only been to Wondercon many years ago, but is this is standard procedure for most Cons, to wait until the very last second to announce what's happening?

Not really, the bigger cons usually have their schedules published a couple of weeks in advance

There's so much construction happening over there, and everywhere else in the LA/Riverside/Orange county (because elections is coming up, I guess?). I think LAX is giving itself a face lift of sorts or something, too. It seriously took me 30 minutes to drive 1 single block (less than 1 mile) when I picked up my sister from the airport a couple of weeks ago.  Thank goodness for Waze because, otherwise, they would have legit missed their flight last week if we hadn't been redirected to the back/side roads.

Welp. Not anymore. Willa's photo op sched no longer reflect anything for Sunday. She'll very likely be at the Flarrow screening. I'm expecting the others to cancel their Sunday con commitments soon, as well. All those masks that they were so proud of to be in one "epic" scene (9!!) will most definitely be highlighted for the press junket/screening/Q&A, I think.

• Love 1

So these events usually come with the disclaimer that any of the guests might drop out at any given time. Because of course that happens. But it'll be deserved hell if the entire cast has to pull of of this con to go to a screening. That seems hugely unfair to everyone.

• Love 1

Mr. Media interview with MG (nothing spoilery, b-t-s stuff)...

Arrow, Flash, Legends crossover is spectacular says showrunner! INTERVIEW
Published on Nov 12, 2015, by Bob Andelman

Key interview moments:
• 6:45 "Arrow" and "DC Legends of Tomorrow" showrunner Marc Guggenheim explains why he makes time to create and write comic books, fiction, and even two upcoming film scripts;
• 33:20 Spoiler Alert: Sara Lance lives, has a final night of passion with girlfriend Nyssa al Ghul in Guggenheim's Arrow 2.5 comic book, dies in Season 3 and is reborn in Season 4;
• 41:10 Guggenheim says the four-hour "Arrow"/"The Flash"/"DC Legends of Tomorrow" crossover was a nightmare to schedule and shoot but the result is "awesome."

The LOT pilot is 2 hours. That is what he ment. It won't be a direct connection to the Crossover event though it will have Arrow/Flash characters and was filmed at the same time.

Edited by tarotx
MapleCounselingCntr ‏@MapleCounseling

It was such a pleasure having @PaulBlackthorne as our Gala 2015 guest accepting @JustTrai's honoree award! #TMCC

CTucnosUsAAqB_O.png

14:37 - 13 de nov de 2015

https://twitter.com/MapleCounseling/status/665297575512158208

Paul Blackthorne‏@PaulBlackthorne

My pleasure & thank you for the amazing work u do breaking the mental illness taboo @MapleCounseling & @JustTrai 

19:04 - 15 de nov de 2015

https://twitter.com/PaulBlackthorne/status/666089401433231362

• Love 1

https://twitter.com/JamesBamford/status/665722429113630720

Here is the tweet if anyone is interested.

He deleted that tweet and put up:

James Bamford ‏@JamesBamford Nov 15 Vancouver, British Columbia

Our good friends @Willaaaah and @MzKatieCassidy will be demonstrating the definition of martial prowess...For those offended previous. ;)

Sigh.

Lexi Alexander has been very active tweeting since the shootings in Paris.  I like this one:

Lexi Alexander ‏@Lexialex Nov 15

The entire South puts on the Nativity play in their church during Christmas. Which is about a Middle Eastern couple desperate for shelter.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Welp, make of this what you will...

Stephen Amell ‏@amellywood 4m4 minutes ago

1. Went on a tongue in cheek tirade earlier this year about Green Arrow iconography / how it fit into our show.

2. Proud to say it only took 3-ish months to make myself look like a total idiot.

Stephen Amell ‏@amellywood 10s10 seconds ago

3. The point being... You want to avoid the term "that will NEVER happen" under any and all circumstances.

Stephen Amell ‏@amellywood 1m1 minute ago

4. Boy oh boy was yesterday a fun day on set.

Let the speculation begin. 

Edited by catrox14

Sooo... the van dyke is going to show up? ::barf::

I guess if it had to happen, at least it'll be

old Oliver. And on LoT, not Arrow

And silver lining: people will stop asking SA about it.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 6

Our good friends @Willaaaah and @MzKatieCassidy will be demonstrating the definition of martial prowess...For those offended previous. ;)

He's still being a dick about it!  Now he's saying for those offended and then winking?  Ugh. I'm not liking this guy much.....

Stephen never said Oliver wouldn't marry the Black Canary....Did he? Lol I doubt it.

LOL....so he wasn't lying when he said NO GOATEE...because as I ranted about ...it's a Van Dyke.

I hope that's all it is....versus it being something more iconic...like him marrying Black Canary......

Edited by tarotx

Welp, make of this what you will...

1. Went on a tongue in cheek tirade earlier this year about Green Arrow iconography / how it fit into our show.

2. Proud to say it only took 3-ish months to make myself look like a total idiot.

Stephen Amell ‏@amellywood 10s10 seconds ago

3. The point being... You want to avoid the term "that will NEVER happen" under any and all circumstances.

Stephen Amell ‏@amellywood 1m1 minute ago

4. Boy oh boy was yesterday a fun day on set.

Let the speculation begin. 

Oh crap.  He wore the mustache goatee combo.

Or what everyone else also said, lol. 

Van Dyke!  That was the word I was looking for. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

This is the kind of fan service I like, similar to the Star City name change. Other than making him look stupid, it doesn't have anything to do with the plot, so yay!

Oh yeah. I couldn't care less if he has a goatee in the future. It adds/changes nothing. Comic fanboys will get their rocks off and stop complaining for five minutes. Job done. 

Edited by Guest

This is exactly the kind of fanservice I can even embrace. Like the boxing glove arrow. It looks funny/ridiculous, it doesn't mean anything, it mollifies a whole bunch of people who otherwise tend to be super nasty.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 8