Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Did I watch that right? Did they not say KC's name? It was hard to hear. Watched it 4 times. Seriously, unless they said her names while the crowd was screaming over Barroman's entrance as he was carrying her, they didn't introduce her.

Edited to say, I still can't hear them saying her name, but they must have, right?

Edited by BkWurm1

Just watching John Barrowman is exhausting. I saw him at SDCC years ago and that man was bounding around the room, standing on the table and belting out Broadway songs, and that was just in the first 10 minutes of the panel. 

You'll never be bored watching him on a panel. 

• Love 5

John Barrowman seems like a very nice, gracious guy, but god. Being around him at cons/panels when you're actually on the panel must be exhausting (and maybe a bit annoying?). 

i don't i want to watch a group panel with JB.  He's extremely entertaining but kind of an attention whore, think i'd rather watch a group panel without him so i could get a good Q&A going and more people get to provide input.

After that he mooned us and made out with everyone on the Panel. It was a Torchwood panel. (Original Torchwood)

Most Cons have taken to giving JB is own panel, usually and aptly named "Anything Goes with John Barowman". 

• Love 1

Yeah, the last con I went to, the guy who was regulating the pic line said, "Don't slap Stephen's butt. Don't ask him to slap yours. If you try to jump into his arms, he WILL drop you. If you want any of those things, you'll need to see John Barrowman, who is right over there." LOL.

• Love 16

Okay, the CW Arrow tumblr intern sure is cheeky. The tags on the comic preview made me laugh. I can extrapolate the feedback they are receiving. 

November 11, 2015 (10:17 AM)

Arrow

Arrow Season 4

kord industries

You may not like the new team

but damn they look good

Diggle

Felicity Smoak

Oliver Queen

Sara Lance

Laural Lance

Arrow Comics

• Love 2

Looking at the pic, I found another good reason for blackening the eyes. If the mask ever fell off the black eyes in some way still provide a disguise. Just look at WH/TQ without the mask, she looks different.

• Love 1

Looking at the pic, I found another good reason for blackening the eyes. If the mask ever fell off the black eyes in some way still provide a disguise. Just look at WH/TQ without the mask, she looks different.

The raccoon eyes don't really exist in the show though.

Sigh, I was browsing Caity's instagram and there are several shots of her and Katie costumed up and Damn. I still hate Laurel's costume. I really wish they would change it a little or a lot. There's just entirely too much going on with it. At this point I might even take that awful 80s costume of Dinah's.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 5

The raccoon eyes don't really exist in the show though.

But they could. Personally I like more practical identity concealment choices which is why I didn't mind a wig (just hated that ugly one last season). It's also why i think the fingerless gloves are completely idiotic and dumb. But whatever ~ it is what it is when it comes to LL/BC.

Edited by kismet

But they could. Personally I like more practical identity concealment choices which is why I didn't mind a wig (just hated that ugly one last season). It's also why i think the fingerless gloves are completely idiotic and dumb. But whatever ~ it is what it is when it comes to LL/BC.

I don't think they ever will. They're not going to have everyone taking off their mask and walking around with raccoon eyes. Although it'd probably be easier for the makeup department, it would not be aesthetically appealing, which is probably why they do like they do and pretend it's not there when the masks come off.

I'm kind of curious about how it would look if they switched costumes. KC is long and lean. The jacket makes her look boxy and the buckles make her legs look skinny. Wearing a simplistic costume that's fit to the body like Saras would be a lot more flattering.

CL is just solid. I don't think the buckles would be as much as an issue for her because she has more shape to her legs. I think she would also give the jacket some shape.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2

Sigh, I was browsing Caity's instagram and there are several shots of her and Katie costumed up and Damn. I still hate Laurel's costume. I really wish they would change it a little or a lot. There's just entirely too much going on with it. At this point I might even take that awful 80s costume of Dinah's.

The big group pic really made that apparent.  Her costume was pretty much the only one with buckles, especially shiny buckles, and was waaaaay too busy.

Costume issues aside, I think Willa looks fantastic.  I can't totally figure out why I think she looks great and KC ridiculous.  Both are very slender, and Willa's shorter.    

• Love 2

Costume issues aside, I think Willa looks fantastic.  I can't totally figure out why I think she looks great and KC ridiculous.  Both are very slender, and Willa's shorter.

For me it all comes down to the way she holds herself. She just projects confidence and badassery with her stance. To me Laurel just looks like she's on a photoshoot most of the time when she's in the field.
  • Love 16

That's pretty much it for me as well. The way the actors hold themselves. Makes the transitions easier to buy for me. I mean, I know it's a stunt woman kicking and spinning when Speedy is in action. But I can buy that THAT is Thea Queen. KC just seems so uncomfortable in her stance that when I see LL in action my mind rejects it. Of course, seeing how awkward she is in tight shots also doesn't help.

• Love 7

I don't think they ever will. They're not going to have everyone taking off their mask and walking around with raccoon eyes. Although it'd probably be easier for the makeup department, it would not be aesthetically appealing, which is probably why they do like they do and pretend it's not there when the masks come off.

Don't think they ever will either. Although it would be a funny gag shot if it happened in the field once. Like when they make in-show jokes about some of their other identity concealment choices.

I'm fine with not seeing the raccoon eyes. But it's part of my mental process that if someone is going to spend time doing something like blackening their eyes it has an actual possible in-show purpose. LL spends a significant time spidering her eyelashes which serves no purpose either in show or off show. It's a superficial and that to me is a waste of time if it really takes as long as KC says it does.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

I just happened to see this tweet during tonight's episode. For those who don't follow sports, DeAndre Jordan is a basketball player who committed to sign with the Dallas Mavericks this summer, but subsequently changed his mind and signed with the L.A. Clippers . . . who happened to be playing tonight in Dallas.

Sports Illustrated @sinow

WATCH: Mavericks fans booed DeAndre Jordan during pregame introductions http://on.si.com/1NLXlnC

CTkwAhrU8AEcpVy.jpg

• Love 4

Jimmy Akingbola ‏@JimmyAkingbola

Again laughin & tweetin about how great @EchoK & @EmilyBett are! Their comic timing & techspeare dialogue execution rocks! #LostSouls #Arrow

https://twitter.com/JimmyAkingbola?lang=pt

Robbie Amell @RobbieAmell

Don't give her space @amellywood! Just kill everyone, save the world and take her to the Bahamas like a real hero. #Olicity @EmilyBett

https://twitter.com/RobbieAmell/status/664661903533211648?lang=pt

• Love 13

I've seen this meta on Felicity Smoak shared around on Twitter. It was originally posted on IMDB. Gotta say, it's pretty darn good.

He and Italia are too funny in their Olicity shipping.

I really like that Meta, it sorts out some of Felicity's reaction which seemed a bit out of left field to me.