Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

She posted a part 2 to the Blank Space video.

Her hair does look good, but it doesn't look like the normal styling. Laurel seems to wear it straight. I've noticed a couple KC mask selfies where her hair is curled like that but they seemed to be taken at her house. All the promo shots and BTS from PB and others, her hair is straighter. Does she have her own mask or does she get to take it home?

• Love 1

It is a cute look but I'm confused about the outfit.  It's not her BC uniform but it looks familiar.  Why the mask?

That's what she wears underneath her jacket. Unzipping that thing just a little but would be such an improvement I think. No reason to give her a lace top to "throwback" to the characters fishnet stockings if we never see it.

• Love 1

Feel a bit stupid for not having picked up on that before, but the lace is a very odd touch.  Maybe it's better the jacket stays zipped.  At least until it's swapped out for Kevlar. 

Edited by BkWurm1

The BC outfit must have a lot of layers. I was confused about the top because I could have sworn she was wearing something solid black underneath the jacket. But if you look at the outfit when she unzips the jacket you can kind of see the texture of the lace, I think she wears it over a shirt.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

That's what she wears underneath her jacket. Unzipping that thing just a little but would be such an improvement I think. No reason to give her a lace top to "throwback" to the characters fishnet stockings if we never see it.

I think her jacket is unzipped, it's just that the turtleneck is pretty indistinguishable from the jacket.

They have hoods though?

Which is why I will be in the minority (again) and say that although I disliked the old wig she wore - I do think she needs a wig. The eye mask reveals too much of her eyes, but I can fanwank that. The blackening of the eyes, I think is too much for KC's face. But they need a wig or something to help conceal her identity. Even if she put her hair in a certain hair style. But she literally looks the same whether she is in her BC, ADA, or Street clothes. All they needed to do was find her a better wig. The curls do look good on her, they should have just created a new curly wig.

• Love 4

She didn't want the curls, according to that interview.

But I mostly agree, actually. I'm on record as despising that wig, but when I watched the episode I was surprised to find myself thinking she needed something. I don't really like it without the wig any more than I did with it. :(

I'd actually like to see what it looked like with the eyes blacked out. Maybe it would be too much, but....she needs some sort of face concealment. That mask doesn't hide anything whatsoever.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3

Perhaps with her flood of selfies she is changing her mind on the curls. But she needs something, perhaps when the vigilante task force comes on the show she'll figure that out.

So, I recently came across a lot of gifs or fan videos including this bit by SA from the video below, and I'm a little confused, because he seems to say what he says in a mocking tone? Did anyone have the same impression? Or maybe it is just that I don't really fully understand the term "abjection" (if he does say abjection).

https://youtu.be/sDerLBL2OGg?t=245

So, I recently came across a lot of gifs or fan videos including this bit by SA from the video below, and I'm a little confused, because he seems to say what he says in a mocking tone? Did anyone have the same impression? Or maybe it is just that I don't really fully understand the term "abjection" (if he does say abjection).

https://youtu.be/sDerLBL2OGg?t=245

I thought I head injection. Which could be what John Barrowman is miming right after he says it. No idea what either injection or abjection would be connected to. You think the part about Olicity rules being said in a mocking tone? I don't think so, I really believe he enjoys the pairing.

He could be saying injection, haha. Either way, what would he need the injection for? Mustering enthusiasm for Olicity? Yeah, I had the impression he was saying "Yeah! I love it! Not, really". It's not that big a deal, I am just honestly confused because everyone seems to take that bit as a very positive one and I just had the opposite impression. Maybe I just don't get the joke, out of context and all. 

CQ3S8KNUwAEIDwZ.png

Hopefully it shows up now!

If not here is his post

Paul Blackthorne
September 13 at 7:28pm · Edited ·

Greetings,
I have this cheesy analogy about driving down the road of life: as we doodle along, its good to have our hands on the steering wheel, but in my cheesy analogy, not TOO tight.
In other words, have an IDEA of where you’re going, but at the same time, be relaxed about little shifts in direction - if that's where the road is going, don’t fight it, see where its taking you. Pleasant surprises often ensue.
Then SMAK! something pops out of nowhere, the car spins out of control & before you know it you’re facing the opposite direction bitchin' about life just not being fair etc etc.
Sh*t happens in life, we all know that, but I remember someone saying once: its not WHAT happens in life - its how we REACT to what happens - THATS how we determine our life.
As our Buddhist friends say:
‘The only thing permanent in life is change’.
Change is inevitable, we learn what we can from it, then get back behind the wheel - hopefully stronger & better than ever before.
Have a wonderful Sunday one & all.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1

I can see how his comments sound like being told his days on set are numbered. I actually remember thinking that the first time I read it. At the time I was afraid they'd kill off his character in the season opener and then DD would pretend to be him or something crazy like that.

I don't want to lose him but after hanging out in a few places that are SURE Felicity is dead meat, I'm ready to throw anyone under the bus.

• Love 3

I copy/pasted the whole post. Since pics seem to be failing me.

And now I see the picture too. Naturally. :)

yeah, who knows, it could be about the show or having to do with something completely different.

>.< I can't even find a September 13th post by Paul on Twitter(which the picture url said it's from so can you give me the link? Thanks :)

cXT1BBd-.jpg

This post from PB from September 13th made me very suspicious.

Which is why I will be in the minority (again) and say that although I disliked the old wig she wore - I do think she needs a wig. The eye mask reveals too much of her eyes, but I can fanwank that. The blackening of the eyes, I think is too much for KC's face. But they need a wig or something to help conceal her identity. Even if she put her hair in a certain hair style. But she literally looks the same whether she is in her BC, ADA, or Street clothes. All they needed to do was find her a better wig. The curls do look good on her, they should have just created a new curly wig.

If they gave her a good quality wig i dont think anyone would mind. Just not that dry looking dollar tree wig they had her in.

• Love 1

I doubt they would have told him about his "death" in September unless it was happening within a few weeks of filming.  Most producers/writers only notify the actor withing 3-5 weeks if they don't forget.  Sometimes they'll give more notice when it's close to pilot season so the actor can try to find a new gig but it would be highly unusual to tell PB in September that his character is getting killed off in February filming (for an April episode reveal).

Would it be different if the death is revealed at the beginning of the season like this, in order to alleviate cast tension? They know someone's getting killed off-it'd be pretty difficult going through the whole season wondering if it was your character.

Seems like it would be a courtesy to let the actor know.

• Love 4

Would it be different if the death is revealed at the beginning of the season like this, in order to alleviate cast tension? They know someone's getting killed off-it'd be pretty difficult going through the whole season wondering if it was your character.

Seems like it would be a courtesy to let the actor know.

I still think it's doubtful because the death isn't until April, so much can change between now and then.  These shows aren't written in stone they're constantly changing in the back-half.  If this was something like Game of Thrones where they're mostly following the books and certain characters will be killed off at specific times then yeah, I can see them telling an actor at the start of filming that we're killing you off in episode 9.   

I don't see them telling PB in September that he's going to be killed off in February, too much room/time to spoil the death and there's plenty of time for TPTB to change their mind.    

They're moving Oliver into a place where he's not a mess, so I doubt they're killing anyone who's gonna give him manpain. Could be me, but he didn't seem super devastated by whoever it was, just angry and resolute that he was going to take care of whoever was responsible.

You right it could be about anything

Assuming it could be Lance's death...They are already filming Episode 10 so who knows how many scripts have been written. Plus Paul's character could be dying and not be the death from the flash forward. They might want to give enough warning to be able for the actor to do pilot season. Yes I know that usually starts in January. But maybe they learned from Colton who has to wait a season out before he can audition for pilot season. I think they would especially do that for Katie (Though I know the death's not Laurel)so maybe for Paul.

The people who think it's Felicity are even more delusional than the people who think it's Laurel.  That is simply not how tv works, especially this kind of show on this network.

I don't totally believe the time jump will be real time v. show time, and I think they would let the cast know in this case to keep morale from plummeting.  And PB's post sounds pretty goodbye-ish.  

Must be a little bit of a nerve wracking time for everyone but Stephen Amell then. How fun for them!

True but I would think TPTB would prefer that over this storyline that's supposed to "haunt" the remainder of the season getting spoiled because an actor accidentally lets the cat out of the bag at a convention or interview. 

They did tell Caity Lotz while filming 223 that Sara was gonna die in 301, so there is one precedent. But otoh, that was before Colton made it obviously clear on social media that he was leaving, so maybe he's the cautionary tale.

They did tell Caity Lotz while filming 223 that Sara was gonna die in 301, so there is one precedent. But otoh, that was before Colton made it obviously clear on social media that he was leaving, so maybe he's the cautionary tale.

Or the exception to the rule?  Colin found out in February that he was getting killed off in 123.  Susanna said she found out at the end of January and they filmed 220 probably early March.     No one knows when CH found out, then again according to GB his contract was up and CH wanted out *cough*bullshit*cough*

Caity also wasn't a series regular at the time, which might have also impacted their decision to notify her early of the death. 

Edited by Morrigan2575

The only reason I think they might not have told anyone [except maybe Stephen] is because they EPs are telling the press they don't know who is it. That sounds to me like spinning for the sake of the actors. It's certainly not a smart answer to either press folk nor audience. But if they "don't know", then they can get away with keeping the cast unaware.

• Love 1

I don't totally believe the time jump will be real time v. show time, and I think they would let the cast know in this case to keep morale from plummeting.  And PB's post sounds pretty goodbye-ish.

Yeah I'm not convinced the grave scene won't happen before April, especially with time travel and LoT and the crossover.  The death can haunt the season even if the reveal of WHO it is happens mid-season.

• Love 1

I can't see SA being so jubilant if Felicity was being killed off because he loves working with EBR so much. But he also loves to troll and delights in people actually talking about the show and asking him questions. So the GOT comment was just him being a giant troll-y troll who trolls. 

SA is good at hiding his emotions sometimes. He seemed a little angry when they killed Sara off. And he can't hide his emotions whenever anyone asks about Oliver/Laurel. 

It's not going to be Felicity and sadly it won't be Laurel either. That leaves Quentin or Roy for the main cast and baby mama or Lyla or Flashback LI who shows up in the present for the usual woman death.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I can't see SA being so jubilant if Felicity was being killed off because he loves working with EBR so much. But he also loves to troll and delights in people actually talking about the show and asking him questions. So the GOT comment was just him being a giant troll-y troll who trolls.

But who does he not like working with? If it's Lance like I think...he'd be upset as well as he's very complimentary towards Paul.

But who does he not like working with? If it's Lance like I think...he'd be upset as well as he's very complimentary towards Paul.

Well, seeing as I'm not SA I have no clue. I think you're reading into my comment too much.

If SA doesn't like working with who's getting killed off it could be Malcolm Merlyn.

What? Where does that come from?

Oh, I will be pissed if it's Malcolm. Not because he's dead but because Oliver sheds a tear over him.

She looks ridiculous. They can't have Felicity trying to fight. She can barely run in her stilettos and minidresses.

No she doesn't, well, IMO. And that's EBR, not Felicity. Don't worry, Felicity's not going to suddenly costume up. 

Edited by Guest