Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Non-spoilery posts by MG at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/...

olicityquestions asked:
What is your favorite line from Season 4 so far?

Usually the last line I wrote…

dccomics-s asked:
Hello Marc. As a huge comic book nerd, I must say you did a wonderful job with progression of Oliver's character as well as his relationship with Felicity. Unsurprisingly, I was very sceptical of this storyline at the beginning, but oh man did you people prove me wrong. I strongly believe that their love story is one of the (if not the one) greatest hero love stories ever. It has incorporated love, friendship, trust and partnership. I am very invested in the further progression. Outstanding job!

Thank you!

felicityaboveallothers asked:
Why don't you ever post or acknowledge any of the criticism for the Laurel character & black canary disastrous story from season three you killed Oliver to tell? You certainly don't have a problem posting Olicity fanservice arguments or Felicity complaints. Laurel continues to be the worst aspect of Arrow & your solution seems to be feeding her more story & shove her in with characters fans actually watch for. Fanservice is holding onto a character simply because her comic counterpart was good.

Please take up your issue with all the Laurel fans on my Twitter feed who feel that she’s not fed any story.  Thanks.

pleasantcollectionsuitstuff asked:
Marc, i know you wanted a partner to team up with felicity but please don't forget Original team Arrow scenes!!

Okay.

buffydairsolicity asked:
Hey Marc! Question for you: there’s been a lot of discussion about how Diggle, Felicity, and even Oliver were sidelined to prop other characters in season 3, and that when Arrow did focus on those 3, that’s when the heart of Arrow was brought back - so how will Arrow be addressing the concerns that those beloved 3 were left behind to make other characters look better? Can we hope to see more OGTeam Arrow scenes - both in and out of the field?

I don’t agree with the premise of your question.  Sorry.

smoakandarrow asked:
Hey Marc! Do you ever have a feeling with a TV show that there's something you're supposed to be picking up from interviews & previews & asking/talking about but you just don't see it yet? I get that feeling from Oliver/Felicity and Arrow. IS there something I / we are missing that we're *not* asking / talking about? Any idea when we'll catch a clue and "get it"? Or am I just totally wrong and really excited about teh new season? LOL! Thanks!

I don’t think you’re missing anything.  The show should – and is written/produced to – speak for itself.  If we have to rely on interviews to tell our story, we’re doing something wrong.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Hello Marc. As a huge comic book nerd, I must say you did a wonderful job with progression of Oliver's character as well as his relationship with Felicity. Unsurprisingly, I was very sceptical of this storyline at the beginning, but oh man did you people prove me wrong. I strongly believe that their love story is one of the (if not the one) greatest hero love stories ever. It has incorporated love, friendship, trust and partnership. I am very invested in the further progression. Outstanding job!

Thank you!

I LOVE that he "answered" this question.  Thank you Mr Comicbook Nerd for posing that "question." 

• Love 1

I wonder if this GA costume is authorized...

Be the Hero, be the Green Arrow This Halloween! - Procosplay.com Releases Green Arrow Cosplay Costume in Time for Halloween
http://www.pr.com/press-release/637692

Green Arrow Oliver Queen Cosplay Costume
http://www.procosplay.com/green-arrow-oliver-queen-america-cosplay-costume

pressrelease_323327_1442375005.jpg   0036764_green-arrow-oliver-queen-cosplay  0039839_arrow-oliver-queen-boots-cosplay

And here's another seller and another version of the GA costume...

Arrow Oliver Queen Green Arrow Man Cosplay Costume

http://www.efunlive.com/arrow-oliver-queen-green-arrow-man-cosplay-costume/?gclid=CLP6v82X_McCFcMXHwodQQwCoA

azdm000369n__16509.1401083499.1280.1280.

Edited by tv echo

Question..... What episode are they shooting right now? Because Bamford is directing episode 7 so I'd expect it to be very mask heavy.... But if that's shooting right now, why wouldn't KC be there? 

Or are they still shooting episode 6? 

I'm guessing that Laurel's off searching for Sara who ran away after being brought back from the dead and going crazy and remembering that she was brought back from the dead and went crazy. That's why Laurel will probably have her once per season 1 minute of screentime episode. 

I LOVE that he "answered" this question.  Thank you Mr Comicbook Nerd for posing that "question." 

I blame MG for "answering", clearly the poster was simply throwing MG a compliment but MG couldn't resist the need to let everyone know that he was being complimented.

Gotta love the selection process MG makes on his comments/questions. My personal fav answer this batch is "I don't agree with the premise of your question. Sorry". If that is the case then why even highlight this question/comment? MG just loves to stir the pot & rile fans. It's almost a spectator sport at this point.

• Love 1

I wonder if this GA costume is authorized...

Be the Hero, be the Green Arrow This Halloween! - Procosplay.com Releases Green Arrow Cosplay Costume in Time for Halloweenhttp://www.pr.com/press-release/637692

Green Arrow Oliver Queen Cosplay Costumehttp://www.procosplay.com/green-arrow-oliver-queen-america-cosplay-costume

pressrelease_323327_1442375005.jpg   0036764_green-arrow-oliver-queen-cosplay  0039839_arrow-oliver-queen-boots-cosplay

It's worth it just for the description: leg package and By wearing this costume one must feel like the real superman of this play

Stephen Amell ‏@amellywood  6m6 minutes ago

Stereotyping Texas isn't any better than stereotyping Ahmed. Just so we're clear.

NO STEPHEN. YOU DON'T TWEET SOMETHING LIKE THIS. *facepalm* I'm trying really hard not to respond. What a dumb tweet.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 7

NO STEPHEN. YOU DON'T TWEET SOMETHING LIKE THIS. *facepalm* I'm trying really hard not to respond. What a dumb tweet.

Wait. Is he talking about the little boy that made the clock?

I mean yeah, Stereotyping IS bad but there's a HUGE difference there.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Oh Stephen.  This is just dumb. Yes your wife and two of your besties are from Texas, but this is just not a smart thing to do. Don't try to defend the stupidity of that police department and that school.  

/smh

What were you thinking, man??

Edited by catrox14

What's worse is that he didn't even defend Ahmed? He legit straight jumped in to defend Texans. NEWSFLASH. Islamaphobia isn't just a problem in Texas. It's a problem nationwide that has led to death, unfair arrests/treatment, harrassment etc. Stereotyping Texans rarely have ever led to those circumstances. 

This is making me so angry considering my mom had to deal with Islamaphobia in America after 2001 and it was one of the worst moments of her life. 

I unfollowed. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 18

There's a difference between criticising the way government employees treat a fourteen year old kid on the basis of his religion and you know... stereotyping a state. 

And even so... I doubt that 14 year old texan kids are getting interrogated for being terrorists. Unless they're brown. And anyone who cannot make that distinction is just so gross. 

• Love 7

Like seriously. Just what white people need. More people defending their privilege. Ugh. So disappointed in SA right now.

I bet he deletes the tweets later. Or maybe tomorrow once he realizes what a gross douchebag he's being.

He's being totally tone deaf about what he's doing here. I keep hoping this is drunk tweeting or some other shit like that.  :(.

I doubt it. I think this is the truth, just like his Facebook comments about women. He seems to be one of these people who thinks white men are hard done by.

• Love 1

Totally disgusted by his tweets and lack of understanding regarding "profiling." Unfollowed... which isn't a problem for him, since he claims that Twitter is defunct anyway and on its way out (then why keep tweeting?!?).

Well I think he's encouraged to keep a slightly active twitter leading up to the premiere. But I'm sure people would be just fine with behind the scenes pics. ..and not this.

Okay, I was really disappointed when Jared Padelecki's wife was tweeting about her friends from the Duck Dynasty group.  So I unfollowed her and Jared too.  I'm still following Jensen, because he seems to stay out of these political things for the most part.

But I am just really disappointed with Stephen. I love ARROW and he's done so much and I've just rooted for him to be successful, but this is just so on the wrong end of things. He's not understanding the difference.

Maybe David or someone else from the show will mansplain to him why this is so terrible and why he should just not defend Texas on this point. 

• Love 6

It's amazing really. All it took was 6 tweets to shoot himself in the foot. Well done SA. 

I expect damage control tomorrow but people don't forget all that easily. Not anymore. Receipts! All the receipts! Forever!