Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Well, if it was a fan war thing, maybe someone bought the followers for her, haha.

ETA: as in without her knowledge, in order to win what seems like a really idiotic argument.

That would be hysterical.

Honestly, I really shouldn't judge Twitter/Tumblr fans considering how much time I spend mocking The Cowboys, Eagles, Patriots and Red Sox.

Nothing like a good sports rivalry

Edited by Morrigan2575

I just looked at a handful of KC's followers, and it's pretty hilarious. None of them have any followers and only a handful of tweets that are gibberish. Their bios are pretty entertaining. One worships Satan with all her heart, life, and soul.

I just never realized this was actually a thing. It's both sad and hilarious.

• Love 6

Actually KC buys also Facebook likes for her posts. I don't follow her on Facebook and almost everyday her posts appear on my Facebook timeline as sponsored, and there is only one reason for that.

I thought sponsored posts were just facebook way of telling you: were following your every like, search and what not - sort of like google sponsored search results?- I've seen stuff show up on my facebook feed (not any posts or shares from people i'm friends with) about things i've only ever googled once, or celebrities that have connections (however vague) to pages I liked.

or in other words: big brother is watching.

• Love 2

I thought sponsored posts were just facebook way of telling you: were following your every like, search and what not - sort of like google sponsored search results?- I've seen stuff show up on my facebook feed (not any posts or shares from people i'm friends with) about things i've only ever googled once, or celebrities that have connections (however vague) to pages I liked.

or in other words: big brother is watching.

Facebook creeps me out with their reach.  I signed up with my twitter handle to join a facebook group for an Arrow podcast. The minute I did, I'm presented with this list of "People you might know" which was freakishly accurate...a guy I dated briefly a million years ago, and distant relatives included. This was all WITHOUT my given name.  Yuck.

• Love 3

On his FB page SA declared he is officially back from his "social media break". Well, let´s see if this true... since he deleted his last FB pic shortly after posting it I´m somewhat suspicious...

However, his daughter is cute as always :-)

11407218_871206382964630_614592848187453

BTW, SA came back to twitter, too. Here is a recent tweet of his. I have no idea though what it means. Could anybody possibly decipher it for me? I probably don´t know enough about US sports to get the message...

"Hey @SNBarryDavis - I'm right behind you. Going to get @BringerOfRain20 elected to the ASG. just letting you know."

(edited)

AK was part of this Variety TV writers panel on June 9, 2015 - he talks about firing actors, how Arrow's producers/talent were forced to join Twitter, fan influence, and other stuff...

Andrew Kreisberg talks Firing Actors at Variety's 'A Night in the Writer's Room'
Published on Jun 15, 2015, by Variety

Variety 'A Night in the Writer's Room' - Drama Panel
Published on Jun 15, 2015, by Variety

Drama Scribes Talk TV & Twitter at Variety’s Night in the Writers’ Room
JUNE 9, 2015 | 08:53PM PT  Elizabeth Wagmeister
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/varietys-a-night-in-the-writers-room-drama-panel-1201516078/

On the other hand, Kreisberg — who’s at the helm of CW fan-favorites “The Flash,” “Arrow,” the upcoming spinoff “Legends of Tomorrow” and CBS’ fall series “Supergirl” — didn’t have an option [about joining Twitter].

“The year we did ‘Arrow,’ they made us all join,” he said of the CW having their creative teams and talent become active on social media so that they could interact with their younger-skewing, Twitter-using audience. One of the funniest pieces of the Twitter puzzle to Kreisberg is the uber-passionate fans who truly believe their opinionated tweets are actively changing what goes on in the writers’ room week-to-week. “The weirdest thing is the people who think that they’re influencing the show.”

Edited by tv echo

I don't think she buys likes (because as far as I know that's not possible), but she does promote a post about Red Nose Day a while back. 

A celebration? Wow. 

In theory you can't by likes on Facebook, but in reality it's not totally true. When you make a promotion of your page or post, Facebook gives you likes (normally from "real accounts" from India and Pakistan) so as to ensure the perceived success of your campaign and to tempt you to create a new promotion. So yes some likes are real, but normally more likes come directly from Facebook and their number is proportional to how much you paid. 

I wasn't talking about the Red Nose Day post, but I saw her promoting a lot of posts. The last one I remember was a post about her training in the gym.

But she can do what she wants :)

(edited)

Funko's SDCC 2015 Exclusive John Diggle figure...

Fugitive Toys Announces new Funko SDCC Exclusives
http://popvinyl.net/news/fugitive-toys-announces-new-funko-sdcc-exclusives/

Looks like the Fugitive Toys are reviving their iconic White Lantern series and are adding a few more to this years 2015 San Diego Comic Con event.  
For this year we have a regular White Lantern Wonder Woman and a Glow in the dark variant along with a new an Arrow Exclusive John Diggle.

Arrow-John-Diggle-pop-vinyl-SDCC.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)
Smoak & Arrow ‏@SmoaknArrow  17h17 hours ago

I love that Oliver, Felicity & #Arrow are getting so many noms from @Eonline. Congrats @ArrowWriters @mguggenheim @amellywood @EmilyBett!

ArrowWritersRoom ‏@ARROWwriters

@SmoaknArrow @eonline @mguggenheim @amellywood @EmilyBett Thanks everybody out there for all the love! We are astounded!

https://twitter.com/ARROWwriters/status/610557975493607424

P.S.  I posted videos from a recent Variety TV drama writers panel that included AK in the Slings and Arrows thread here.  I thought of posting it in this thread originally, but they talk mostly about behind-the-scenes stuff.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Here is Warner Bros. TV's June 10th press release regarding SDCC...

Postpone the July 4th Fireworks: The Big Show Happens When WBTV Bursts Into Comic-Con 2015 with 18 Top Series & Massive Saturday Night Hall H Event with DC Entertainment
BURBANK, Calif (PRWEB) June 11, 2015
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/06/prweb12782177.htm

http://comiccon.thewb.com/wbtv-comic-con-2015/

Also participating in all the Comic-Con action are fan favorites and new additions including Arrow’s Stephen Amell; The Flash’s Grant Gustin; The Vampire Diaries’ Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins; The Originals’ Joseph Morgan; Childrens Hospital’s Rob Corddry; Mike Tyson Mysteries’ Mike Tyson; and cast members from Gotham, Supergirl, iZOMBIE and The 100 — to name just a few — who will join producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Blindspot), Jonathan Nolan & Greg Plageman (Person of Interest), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Containment), Jason Rothenberg (The 100), Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright (iZOMBIE, Veronica Mars), Andrew Kreisberg (Arrow, The Flash) and many more to deliver the ultimate experience for fans, with screenings, panel sessions, autograph signings and media appearances.
Edited by tv echo

I'm amused that SA ended his social media break to campaign for something that's relatively frivolous. But as a baseball fan, I absolutely agree with him that the current All-Star Game voting situation in the AL is ridiculous, and I hope Josh Donaldson wins with his help.

(edited)

Somebody needs to sit AK down and tell him to stop using "you know" and "umm" so much within a sentence; it's really annoying.

I know it's a sign that the speaker is nervous, but it also appears to the listener that the speaker may have zero knowledge on the topic and therefore his brain is scrambling for words to describe it.

Seriously did he not take public speaking classes? that's public speaking 101, you don't use such fillers if you get stuck, or you don't use them so much because it doesn't just take your audience focus away from whatever main point you are trying to convey, it may irate them to the point that they will stop listening (which is kind of what happened to me).

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2
(edited)

Here is Warner Bros. TV's June 10th press release regarding SDCC...

Postpone the July 4th Fireworks: The Big Show Happens When WBTV Bursts Into Comic-Con 2015 with 18 Top Series & Massive Saturday Night Hall H Event with DC Entertainment

BURBANK, Calif (PRWEB) June 11, 2015

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/06/prweb12782177.htm

http://comiccon.thewb.com/wbtv-comic-con-2015/

I meant to add that this press release contains contact info for various people connected with Warner Bros. and their publicity people.  So if anyone has questions about who's going to SDCC...

Contacts:

Tammy Golihew

(818) 954-4855, tammy.golihew@warnerbros.com

Twitter: @TeeVeeGal

Jeff Tobler

(818) 954-5062, jeff.tobler@warnerbros.com

Twitter: @JeffTobler

Series Publicity Contacts:

ARROW

Ben Brown: 818-954-7337, benjamin.brown@warnerbros.com, Twitter: @BenBrownTV

Edited by tv echo

Not sure where to put this because it's rumored to be included on the S1 Flash DVD, but since it's technically Arrow BTS I'm guessing it's okay to go here. Anyway...

I saw on Twitter that the DVD includes the chemistry test between GG and EBR. I hope it's true because I want to see it.

• Love 1

Did they release their phone numbers themselves? If so, is it a public number? Because otherwise...that doesn't seem very smart. 

The contact information (including phone numbers and twitter handles) for all the CW shows' publicity people were included in the press release, yes. 

(edited)

In case anyone's interested, Arrow Season 3 DVD/Blu-ray and The Flash Season 1 DVD/Blu-ray will both be released on September 22, 2015 (according to Amazon.com).

Edited by tv echo
Arrow Season Three’s specific bonus content includes:

* Second Skins: Creating The Uniforms of Arrow

* Nanda Parbat: Constructing The Villain’s Lair

* Two Arrow Audio Commentaries

* Arrow at Comic-Con 2014

* The Man Beneath the Suit – Atom’s First Flight

* Gag Reel

* Deleted Scenes

The Flash Season One’s specific bonus content includes:

* The Fastest Man Alive!

* Creating the Blur

* The Chemistry of Emily and Grant Screen Test

* Behind the Story: The Trickster Returns!

*DC Comics Night at Comic-Con 2014 Presenting Gotham, The Flash, Constantine and Arrow

*Audio Commentary

* Deleted Scenes

* Gag Reel

Flash Season One & Arrow Season Three Box Sets Announced
Andrew Steinbeiser- 06/17/2015
http://comicbook.com/2015/06/17/flash-season-one-arrow-season-three-box-sets-announced/

(edited)

We will finally get the pressing answers of how the LoA interior decorating works! Secrets will be revealed. Hopefully they answer our burning questions about the number of candles & pillows. It was my favorite set to mock in my head & here.... But it was a really beautiful set to watch. Less lair & more upscale desert Oasis, it even had a concierge in Maseo. Like many of us said, the LoA should just give up the whole assassin thing and focus on what they are good at like hospitality & jewelery/clothes. :)

I hope the put SA on one of the commentaries. I think he'd have good insight & perspective from the set.

Love how they are now uniforms and not costumes. :)

Edited by kismet
  • Love 3

Please don't let any of those commentary episodes be any of the episodes showcasing Buckles... Please don't let any of those commentary episodes be any of the episodes showcasing Buckles...... please universe, please!.. I would promise to be good... But, we both know that will never stick..

• Love 2
(edited)

sooo pretty short title from how it looks.. but it may not even be the final title.

It's probably "The Return" or "Home" or something generic like that.

ETA: Nevermind, I forgot there was already a "The Return," haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)

I'm not inspired to buy season 3 on DVDs and the extras aren't that enticing at this stage. (Nothing YouTube won't take care of.)

A year ago I was looking to buy all, but now I think I will assess if the entire series, once the show ends, is worth it before I commit to any purchases.

Edited by Genki

I want a DR/SA/EBR commentary. I'm just trying to think of an episode that would work best for that and unfortunately there really aren't a lot of episode with a lot of the three of them. Maybe the crossover? 

JB would be hilarious. I actually think it would funny if he and EBR did The Fallen. EBR doesn't seem to bit her tongue talking about the sex scene. Her and JB had some great interaction in that episode. JB also mentioned EBR has a dirty sense of humor which I imagine would play off of him well.

It wouldn't surprise me if we get one of the BC episodes. If they do Midnight City, I wonder if they would have KC/CH on it? Or KC/CL for Canaries? I'm not sure how entertaining that would be tho with KC's very serious approach to work (not a dig at all).

Any commentary featuring DR/SA I feel would be their best bet. 

• Love 2

Okay so putting all of this in order (if none of you have noticed, I love making lists lmao), the commentaries I want are:

1. SA/DR/EBR -- for either episode 1, 8, 19, 20, 23
  2. SA/DR -- episode 1, 3, 15, 21 (because I want DR to tell SA "I trusted you man")
  3. EBR/JB -- episode 10, 20
  4. EBR -- episode 5, 18
  5. CH/SA -- episode 17 (because I want to hear SA apologize to CH for leaving him there)

Basically anyone but KC, sorry, but neh. 

• Love 4

But beer? I would have gone with something a little bit stronger like Wine, or Sherry or better yet Scotch.

Lmao Lord beer me strength is from the Office (I'm definitely going to have wine next to me when I watch Arrow). 

29f8701b3c4218758933fb01c6a5c527.jpg

• Love 3

Hmm, if the story is by Greg then I have some hope. Then again the teleplay is by Wendy and Marc...conflicting emotions alert.

I'm iffy about Merickle but MG is a good telepay writer.  It's his show-running for Plot that I think is his weakness.

Story by GB and Beth Schwarz; both the ToD writers involved in this one.  Here's hoping GB has enough attention to pay to make it good.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well they both also shared credit fir Seeing Red as well. Which was a great episode, despite my favorite character dying.

Beth didn't write Midnight City...do I'm thinking she might not be the weak link in that chain.

Edited by Delphi
(edited)

In response to the pic of the 4x01 script posted by MG on twitter...

Stephen Amell @amellywood  16h16 hours ago
Stephen Amell retweeted Marc Guggenheim
This was some excellent lunch time reading.

https://twitter.com/amellywood

Wendy Mericle ‏@MericlesHappen  13h13 hours ago
Wendy Mericle retweeted Marc Guggenheim
Honored and excited to write the #ArrowSeason4 premiere with @mguggenheim @GBerlanti @SchwartzApprovd #OneDown

https://twitter.com/MericlesHappen

ArrowWritersRoom ‏@ARROWwriters  16h16 hours ago
ArrowWritersRoom retweeted Marc Guggenheim
So it begins... #ArrowSeason4 #ProductionHereWeCome

https://twitter.com/arrowwriters

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
Stephen Amell

12 hrs · Edited ·

Facebook. I'm going to have a Q&A for you bright and early tomorrow. Some good ways to get a question answered: Ask me about helping Josh Donaldson nail down a starting spot in the MLB All Star Game... Ask me about Turtles if you're interested in incredibly vague answers... And ask me about Season 4 of Arrow since I read our premiere today. Just know that I'm not actually going to say anything. So I suppose you'll have to be creative. Considering this is the page that birthed ‪#‎FanArtFriday‬, ‪#‎MemeMonday‬, ‪#‎TurtlesTuesday‬ and ‪#‎LightsaberSaturday‬ I have no doubt you'll succeed. ASK AWAY!!

Now go vote for Josh Donaldson again, please.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2015/ballot.jsp…

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

You'd think they would release Emily and Stephen. Now that would get sales alone.

Unfortunately, no chem test because EBR was supposed to be a two-scene/1 ep guest star.

I wonder what the contingents were for EBR and GG's chemistry test. Surely they wouldn't have made a casting decision for the The Flash based on chemistry with a character dedicated to another show. Perhaps it was used to determine how he might fit with the Arrow characters during his short guest stint, with the hope that he might seem like a potential romantic rival? If that's the case, it would lend credence to Olicity having been an intentional and methodically planned couple for quite a while.

I've wondered about this, too. Maybe the contingency plan was to have Barry stay on a little longer as a love interest for Felicity if The Flash didn't get the greenlight? Because you're right, it would be odd if the hiring of the lead actor for a spinoff depends on his chemistry with an actress from a different show. I'm guessing it's more about story lines. If there was no romantic chemistry between GG and EBR, maybe they would have gone with a "just friends" route with them? They tested SA and CL and they also did EBR and BR because the show meant to pursue romantic story lines for them. (BTW, does anybody know if GG tested with Candice and Danielle? I keep seeing posts that say they weren't and that's odd.)

Yeah, the fact that they even had a chemistry read with EBR was strange to me, unless they were counting on people liking Barry enough to want a spin-off, but The Flash was already green lit at that point, wasn't it? 

I think The Flash was given the green light after 208 and 209. The backdoor pilot for later in the season was scrapped after Barry's visit got such a positive response.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

Isn't there a huge issue with the AL All Star Lineup potentially being all Blue Jays?  Donaldson maybe deserving but i don't get this push to have another Blue Jay on the team, especially when he made the All Star team last year.

I get that he's a Blue Jays fan but I really don't like the idea of him getting Arrow fans (who don't watch baseball) voting for Donaldson simply because they have a thing for SA.  As a sports fan, that bugs me.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think they just learned from their mistake with SA/KC.  They've apparently done chem tests for almost every other couple/potential couple.  I know they Chem Tested, SA/CL, CL/KL, EBR/GG, EBR/BR, SA/CJ (I think) and I've heard that GG/CP had a chem test as well.

Ironically they did not (to my knowledge) Chem test KC/JRR which seems dumb since he was supposed to be her love interest in S3...guess they really didn't care that much about the story since, no chem test and they didn't even bother trying to lock the guy down or work with the other studio on scheduling.

I think The Flash was given the green light after 208 and 209. The backdoor pilot for later in the season was scrapped after Barry's visit got such a positive response.

The Network decided to give The Flash a full Pilot after seeing an early screening of 208, the announcement came on 11/18/13 which was before 207 aired.  I'm guessing the actual decision to go full pilot came even earlier.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1