Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I've seen those tweets. To be fair, the posters weren't just asking her to promote her own show but herself, which Emily very, very rarely does. Even when she had a Felicity-centric episode, she was tweeting more about Mama Smoak. I follow her on Twitter and she really does more to promote Arrow (when she's not the focus) and other shows such as The Flash and, last year, Tomorrow People.

Oh yes I remember they were asking her to promote herself lol. I follow her on Twitter and I probably miss her promotion for her show lol. I think it's sweet and generous of her to promote her coworkers/friends. She seems to be a very lovely person all Round

(edited)

Oh yes I remember they were asking her to promote herself lol. I follow her on Twitter and I probably miss her promotion for her show lol. I think it's sweet and generous of her to promote her coworkers/friends. She seems to be a very lovely person all Round

She really does seem to be a really sweet person, very supportive of her friends and castmates. I love that she actually uses Twitter not as a celebrity but as a "normal" person, which is why half of the time her tweets come across as so cryptic because they are inside jokes with her friends, LOL! Her Instagram is a lot of fun, too. Girl's got a good eye for photography.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva

Lol Greg Berlanti is in Greece together with Colton and Emily.

I saw someone else mention this based off of an instagram, but I couldn't figure out how they came to that conclusion. Was something else mentioned?

And yet he could not be bothered to mention the Leo thingie. Still, EBR promoting that dreck - using her powers for evil there, a little.

You know, I wondered about the Leo noms because, correct me if I'm wrong, absolutely no one among the Arrow EPs or cast members congratulated Emily over that. Now, I do think they congratulated her privately; they really do seem to love her. But one of the noms is for "female lead" and I think there's a worry that congratulating her would be a tacit agreement that, for all intents and purposes, SHE is Arrow's female lead. Which could be a big problem when another actress, per the contract, is actually the female lead. This could also be the explanation behind the lack of joint promotions for Stephen and Emily.

• Love 9
(edited)

I saw someone else mention this based off of an instagram, but I couldn't figure out how they came to that conclusion. Was something else mentioned?

The guy with Greg Berlanti in the photo farther down is actor Daniel Arias and you can see below they're in the same group. Also, that is one hell of a gorgeous group!

CFdZPi8UEAAY9vO.jpg

CFd9WrzWMAALZrA.jpg

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1
(edited)

Katie Cassidy has now signed up for City of Heroes 2. They've already got Amy Gumenick, if they get, say, Janina Gavankar or Jess DeGouw and Stephen Amell comes back (not impossible - he seemed to be having a good time) we could have a panel of Oliver and the Exes.

Edited by Tallis
  • Love 2

You know, I wondered about the Leo noms because, correct me if I'm wrong, absolutely no one among the Arrow EPs or cast members congratulated Emily over that. Now, I do think they congratulated her privately; they really do seem to love her. But one of the noms is for "female lead" and I think there's a worry that congratulating her would be a tacit agreement that, for all intents and purposes, SHE is Arrow's female lead. Which could be a big problem when another actress, per the contract, is actually the female lead. This could also be the explanation behind the lack of joint promotions for Stephen and Emily.

I agree with this so much. That's why I think they don't want to congratulate her. Because really apart from Stephen, she's had the most nominations out of everyone on the show for her role. So some of them (I won't say who) probably aren't dealing with it well considering to some people they think she was only a one time character. When in reality the higher ups wanted more of her on the show.
  • Love 1

I agree with this so much. That's why I think they don't want to congratulate her. Because really apart from Stephen, she's had the most nominations out of everyone on the show for her role. So some of them (I won't say who) probably aren't dealing with it well considering to some people they think she was only a one time character. When in reality the higher ups wanted more of her on the show.

IIRC, the LEO awards are only open to Canadians. SA & EBR are the only two actors who could be nominated. The shows are eligible in other categories because they are filmed in Vancouver. Just because she wasn't publicly congratulated doesn't mean she wasn't congratulated.

• Love 1

Oh I know that but, if one of the producers can only congratulate the Flash and then completely not congratulate the show he started on than that is wrong. They should have congratulated her publicly because IMO she is the one character who turned this show around. She was the only actor nominated.

• Love 3

I love Emily, but I don't think they were doing anything hateful or trying to save the feelings of Katie. I'm sure Emily is fine without the public congrats, just as I'm sure that Katie knows that besides contractually she is not really a lead, I'm sure she's come to terms. I think it was just an oversight.

• Love 5
(edited)

O.K. this is not "Man Crush Monday". But I have to say that SA is very kind and sweet. I <3 his recent FB message regarding his "sinceriously" campaign! Check out what he wrote there!

"Facebook. Greetings! We have three days left in the Sinceriously campaign - http://represent.com/sinceriously -

The campaign is always the fun part. You set goals around a number and see the traffic ebb and flow as you approach and surpass another milestone. This past October - on the set of the Flash - our first campaign surpassed a magic number just north of eight-thousand to become the biggest campaign in Represent's history. Then... we quickly obliterated that figure. Again, these are the fun parts. They lean toward vanity (just a little), competitiveness (you might have heard I AM COMPETITIVE!!), aspiration and maybe above all: curiosity. Who are these people? Who is contributing to this campaign and by extension, such a worthy cause. Which brings us to the next part...

The delivery. You see the items arrive. All over the world. It's a little daunting to consider that someone from a country I've never been to, who speaks a language I don't understand has considered something we've undertaken to be worthy of a contribution. Imagine if your cell phone rang and it was a family member you'd never met from a place you didn't know you had family. And now imagine they spoke to you like a family member. That's what it's like to scroll through this page and see someone on a beach in Brazil or a mountain in Kenya with an important message (along with MY ACTUAL FACE) plastered across their body.

Then, you meet people. And you hear their stories. Some are funny, some are sad and some are utterly profound... but they all end the same way: With an anecdote about how this particular cause and the charities that we chose - remember, you picked them - made them want to do something good. Sometimes, that's all the positive impact a person needs. Just the inclination to participate. To be involved and connected to something. Or maybe, it's just a part of their day... But as I've learned from speaking with so many of you, sometimes it's an unbelievably important first step.

Whatever it is, thank you for allowing me to experience it along the way. SA"

source: https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/posts/856578774427391:0

Edited by Kordi
  • Love 3

I love Emily, but I don't think they were doing anything hateful or trying to save the feelings of Katie. I'm sure Emily is fine without the public congrats, just as I'm sure that Katie knows that besides contractually she is not really a lead, I'm sure she's come to terms. I think it was just an oversight.

It probably was just an oversight, but when the Arrow writers account manage to congratulate the people on The Flash for THEIR nominations (and get that post retweeted by AK and company) and miss mentioning the actress on their own show, well ... it just had me speculating. Especially in light of the absence of any kind of joint promotions for EBR and SA. It's maddening. But yeah, there's probably nothing to this but the mad conspiracies of fans :)

Uhm, isn't that Sara?

• Love 10
(edited)

Even though the doll was clearly modeled after Sara/Canary, I think AK is trying to pass the doll off as Laurel/BC, while the seller is basically saying it represents both Sara & Laurel...

arrow_caity_lotz.jpg?w=200&h=300 CFgdtCYWMAAQWQa.jpg

Seller's Product Description:

Arrow Black Canary Pop! Vinyl Figure:

As seen in the hit series Arrow, the Black Canary mantle has been worn by both Sara Lance and Laurel Lance! It doesn't matter who wore it better because this styilized figure is pretty darn adorable! The Black Canary Pop! Vinyl Figure measures approximately 3 3/4-inches tall and comes packaged in a window display box.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FU5342#desc

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

She's like 50!  Man, the genetic lottery is SO unfair.

She is hot as hell. But I remember someone posting an interview here where she said that she works out for like three hours every day, so it's not all genetics!

• Love 3

She is hot as hell. But I remember someone posting an interview here where she said that she works out for like three hours every day, so it's not all genetics!

I so appreciate actors who admit how hard they work for the bodies they have. For better or worse, it's part of their jobs, and the whole, "Who little ol' me? I eat anything I want, and my body looks like this," narrative makes me so mad. I know there are people that is true for, but I doubt it's true for the number of people who want to claim it in Hollywood.

• Love 9