Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I like Katie's hair and makeup but I hate her dress. I like Emily's dress/suit thing she's got going on (Idk why, it speaks to me :p) and shoes but don't like her hair, and I don't like Willa's outfit or hair :/ On the other hand Candice and Danielle both look fantastic

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

Colton, Emily & David: Fashion pass. Willa and Katie: Fashion fail. Stephen, Marc & Andrew: Could try harder. Paul & John: Not enough data.

ETA: Upon further pictorial evidence - Paul joins Stephen Marc & Andrew; John joins Colton, Emily & David and I have no idea what to do with Greg Berlanti but for gods sake, take that phone out of your pocket, man.

(Flashwise, Danielle & Candice look fabulous and while I'm not sure how I'd class Carlos, fashionwise, it's kind of working for him).

Edited by Tallis

Willa's purse looks like a feather dusters. Or a small ostrich.  But I like it more than the suit, which looks kind of weird.

I like the jacket/cape thingy Emily had on in the picture with JB more than just the dress itself.

The men have it easy. All they have to do is show up not looking like they just rolled out of bed and grabbed the first thing they found on the floor.  David could have found something better than running shoes though, but point for having them in black and white.

Speaking of which, did they get together beforehand and decide they're all going in black and white so we know who is on which show?  Willa's in a greeny grey but the purse is black.

Edited by statsgirl

The women are expected to dress up and look special.  I'd like it if the men did too but they're not going to get the kind of shade women do if they don't.

Hehehe SA looks like he walked off set and into Paley Fest as Oliver Queen.

Paul Blackthorne looks like he just walked in from a lumberjack party. "I'm a lumberjack and I don't care...."

EBR and JB look like they're having such a good time with each other, I want more Felicity/Malcolm scenes.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Do the women just want to dress up for this event? Because most of the guys seem to show up in an everyday outfit. 

It's funny :p Stephen didn't want to be there, thus he didn't even try lmao. Regardless, David, John, and Colton at least tried :)

EBR is legit the biggest weirdo and I love it, check out this video on her instagram (pre-paley)

https://instagram.com/p/0Oc2etk5Fq/

• Love 1

EBR has amazing legs. I really wish MG wasn't so against Felicity being a mask, because I think she could rock the requisite leather outfit. It is telling that most of the times the guys just show up while the women clearly spent hours getting ready. Happened at ComicCon, too.

• Love 1

John and Paul fighting over whose character gets some Mama Smoak loving; Paul: "Well Lance hasn't been laid in seven years!" Emily looking horrified at the prospect of Mama/Merlyn.

• Love 8

John and Paul fighting over whose character gets some Mama Smoak loving; Paul: "Well Lance hasn't been laid in seven years!" Emily looking horrified at the prospect of Mama/Merlyn.

I absolutely ADORE how hard Paul is pushing the romance between Mama Smoak and Lance. That would be the BEST thing to happen to the show tbqh

• Love 8

David, Emily, Paul, and John were the most hilarious, but Willa was amazing for licking Colton's face :p It was fun! They should do cons together more often. If only Emily did more cons. They seem really close.  

• Love 3

That panel seemed very short in comparison to others... and I love that you have the craziness of Emily, Willa, Colton, and the rest counterbalanced by Stephen. (Emily's horror at the idea of Malcolm/Donna seemed in some part because of the craziness of filming with both those actors; I imagine they would have a LOT of fun and never get the scenes done.) The camaraderie of the cast now tends to make me sad because I'm having so little enjoyment in the show itself.  

I thought Aisha Tyler did such a great job of interviewing them, addressing each member of the cast, and Emily's huge crush on her was adorable. 

Every time I hear Andrew Kreisberg speak, I automatically start keeping count of how many times he says "y'know."

• Love 3

And they all seem to love him, but being around John Barrowman must be exhausting. I wonder if he's always on?

Haha, yeah, so my best friend IRL is EXACTLY like that. We've been friends for so long now [20+ years] that if I tell him to stop, and he does, but truth is you get used to it? Hee. It legit becomes the norm. And one on one is always easier than when there's an audience. But every time I see Barrowman, I wonder what would it be like to put him and my BFF in the same room, and then I get afraid that would possibly implode the universe. :)

• Love 1

Aisha Tyler was very good -- she kept the questions positive and pertinent to each character.  A much better moderator than some others, and funny.  When they asked her what Canary, she said she would be the Black Canary of course.

I loved that it was an older man, a Canadian, who asked Stephen if Oliver would get together with Felicity, and while Stephen was doing his usual hedging (if he thought about getting into a relationship, he'd think of Felicity first but she's taken) and Emily held up her left hand in a "if you want it, you'd better put a ring on it" gesture.

Listening to Willa and how she's turned Thea around, she really does deserve the major storyline she's getting this season.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

Just finished watching paley. Unrelated but I love Aisha Tyler. She's such a funny fan girl. And damn to emily and Paul know how to throw some subtle shade. Not really informative at all but I love the dynamic of og team arrow plus Colton and willa they seem to get along so well it's amazing.

Eta: on a fashion note, you can tell how excited the flash cast was to be at paley versus arrow, Stephen obviously didn't want to be there but no one was super dressed up. The flash crew were like BAM Paley!!!

Edited by Delphi

The collective laugh of Stephen, Emily and Colton before David gave his standard answer regarding Diggle reconciling being a family man and a crimefighter?PRICELESS.

ETA: What did KC say when they were picking their League names? They're talking all at once and I can't grasp her words :)

Edited by looptab

I'm just going to leave this really cute GIF here ... From Instagram

tumblr_nl8n2fIgcw1t4dx1eo1_1280.gif

Ugh, they're so stinking cute. I wonder if that's that same candy EBR passed along to CH, WH, and JB when they were sitting onstage. (JB offered some to GB, who politely declined)

Non-spoilery MG info at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ .  Doesn't MG's second response below refute the fan belief that the EPs planned to kill off Sara and replace her with Laurel as the BC from the beginning (or at least from when CL's Sara was first introduced in season 2)?

bayansa993 asked:
Hi Mr! Thank you for all the hard work and Black Canary off course. My question is: did the cast members know who killed Sara since s3 premier?

Only Willa and Stephen.

sophisticatecl asked:
This has been eating away at me for the longest time, but when did you, the writers, know that you were going to kill of Sara and use Laurel as her sort of replacement? And how far in advance did you guys tell the actors about it as well?

This was something that we came up with when starting the planning for Season 3.  We informed Caity as soon as we got studio and network approval of the storyline.

romani-light asked:
Even though you don't respond to all your messages here on Tumblr (God knows we don't expect you to, considering you need to actually write the show), do you skim through and read them all? How do you decide which ones to reply to?

I do my best to read all of them.  There are a lot!  I answer the ones I feel I can answer without spoiling future storylines.  As we draw closer to the end of Season 3, it becomes harder and harder because the last 6-7 episodes have spoilers.

Edited by tv echo

Just watched the PaleyFest Arrow panel video - I noticed that the audience applause varied in volume and length as each cast member was introduced (I think JB, EBR, SA and DR got the biggest and longest applause, while the EPs got the shortest applause).  If you want to watch a YouTube version (44:53 minutes), here it is...

PaleyFest 2015: Arrow - Full Panel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0qc6BO9z1c

Edited by tv echo

From Jamie Bamford's twitter page at https://twitter.com/JamesBamford

James Bamford retweeted
Paley Center @paleycenter  ·  14h 14 hours ago
Look at this fantastic #PaleySelfie with @amellywood and the #Arrow fans at #PaleyFest. No shortage of Ollie love!

CAGc0tTUMAAK121.jpg

James Bamford retweeted
Paley Center @paleycenter  ·  14h 14 hours ago
John Barrowman @Team_Barrowman and the adoring #Arrow fans at #PaleyFest. He really knows how to work a room!

CAGcZapUIAAa-dQ.jpg

James Bamford retweeted
Superhero Feed @SuperheroFeed  ·  15h 15 hours ago
Best. Group selfie. Ever. #SorryEllen

CAGSAL4UcAAVl0-.jpg

James Bamford retweeted
woodstimes HOLLYWOOD @Hollywoodzoomin  ·  15h 15 hours ago
The always delightful @emilybett on the #Arrow #PaleyFest #PaleyFest2015 purple carpet

CAGLr3OWsAAO-0U.jpg

James Bamford retweeted
Superhero Feed @SuperheroFeed  ·  15h 15 hours ago
Pay attention to which direction STEPHEN is facing.

CAGPu5AU0AAeMC5.jpg

Edited by tv echo