Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Problem is, now that MG realizes that this strategy of putting all the Olicity stuff in the comics and then giving fans crap on the show is profitable without costing the show viewers, there's nothing to stop him from doing the exact same thing with the season 3.5 comics.  So he could just end this season with Oliver and Felicity in a good place, and then, repeating the same formula as this season, he'll put all of the stuff that we want to see on the show into the comics again.    

He's already said that somewhere. He said that all the Olicity stuff would be in 3.5 comics. It's ridiculous.

• Love 1

He's already said that somewhere. He said that all the Olicity stuff would be in 3.5 comics. It's ridiculous.

He has? Well, if I were an Olicity shipper I would be crossing my fingers and toes right now that the season doesn't end with a Felicity/Oliver hookup. Otherwise, the writers are going to put the first 4-5 months of their coupledom in the Arrow 3.5 comics and have them break up on the show in early season 4 to give viewers more Oliver/Felicity angst.

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 1

Good grief. She needs Crash Davis ASAP

Here's what you say, Katie, "I just put my costume on one buckle at a time and the good Lord willing we'll make a show all our amazing fans will enjoy." Write it down.

• Love 13

Here's what you say, Katie, "I just put my costume on one buckle at a time and the good Lord willing we'll make a show all our amazing fans will enjoy." Write it down.

I'm so glad someone got my Crash Davis reference.  Well played!

• Love 2

"I'm just happy to be here. Hope I can help out the team.  Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. And sometimes you get electrocuted and left for dead."

• Love 22

"I'm just happy to be here. Hope I can help out the team.  Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. And sometimes you get electrocuted and left for dead."

Okay I seriously guffawed here. 

This really needs to be gif'd with Roy juts laying there.  And it needs to become Roy's mantra for the rest of his time with Team Arrow.  Like it should be his tagline.  Tweet that awesomesauce to Colton. 

• Love 5

He said the happy stuff happens in the five months between May and October.

I'm pretty sure my hatred for this season is 50% because of what's happening on the show, and 50% because of everything MG says (which I can't seem to avoid, with his increased presence on social media)
  • Love 4

I'm pretty sure my hatred for this season is 50% because of what's happening on the show, and 50% because of everything MG says (which I can't seem to avoid, with his increased presence on social media)

For me it's like 95% show (including Palmer, Laurel, Malcolm, other plot contrivances) 5% MG. I try to not give what MG says any importance. He's a troll and one shouldn't give a troll any attention :

• Love 2

For me it's like 95% show (including Palmer, Laurel, Malcolm, other plot contrivances) 5% MG. I try to not give what MG says any importance. He's a troll and one shouldn't give a troll any attention :

You're right about his trolling. Unfortunately, I'm on tumblr a lot and it gets so riled up all the time about the stuff he says that I get annoyed at the fans too. So now all I have is this board for sensible show discussion.

You're right about his trolling. Unfortunately, I'm on tumblr a lot and it gets so riled up all the time about the stuff he says that I get annoyed at the fans too. So now all I have is this board for sensible show discussion.

Lmao so am I. I get angry at his posts sometimes like dismissing all the criticisms Ray has been getting but I just brush it off. It makes me happy though when I see people on my dash call him a f*ckboy :p Because he kinda is. But I just keep my opinions about him to myself. 

• Love 1

Wait. Did Stephen and Kristin date?

Not that I know of. Doubtful as KK was in a long-term relationship with Mark Hildreth (Resurrection, V) from 2004 until early 2013.

Giving me a panic attack in front of those windows, that's what.

They're a bunch of daredevils :p No but seriously, don't do crazy stuff in front of a window. that's just stupid (for any of you who ever feel inclined to do so). 

I don't see any problems with the windows being there- First of all they're facing in to the room, windows like that are usually sturdy enough that you need one hell of a force to break them- like when Oliver was jumping from one in the season 2 premier.. that sort of force, third: gravity usually does it's job and you either fall on your head/slide to your back or forward onto your feet.

really my only issue is that they are standing too far from the pole that they can actually fall, and that it's been ages since i've done one of those!

ETA: because pool, poll & pole and three very different things!

Edited by foreverevolving

Speaking of KC, after running her quote through my head for a while I think what she meant was "being the only female superhero who is on TV right now" but misspoke and the interviewer or editor just ran with it. Because, yeah, otherwise that sentence structure is all kinds of wacky. If indeed that is what she meant then she's right. If she genuinely thinks she's the first, however, she hasn't watched TV before.

• Love 1

One thing I have always liked was the Cast of Arrow and Shield are always really positive about each other.

Between Tweets (CB & EBR) and SA's Arrow/Shield the crossover answer in one his Facebook Q&A one.

Even the Flash cast singing the Firefly theme song, it gives me warm fuzzies.

• Love 1

I just remembered Peggy Carter.  Not a superhero in the same way as Captain America but she can kick ass, take names, and save the day as much as anyone.

KC probably is too busy to watch much television so it would be easy to forget about the female heroes.

• Love 3

I think KC does not even watch her own show in its entirety. Arrow has/has had at least three bad ass fighter ladies in Caity Lotz's Sara Lance, Celina Jade's Shado and Rila Fukushima's Tatsu Yamashiro (Katana).

This season alone, Willa Holland's Thea has had much more impressive fight scenes than Katie's Laurel.

• Love 5

Yes I think she means *currently* she is the only female full on comic book superhero with costume, mask, and "alter ego", aka The Black Canary. Nobody on SHIELD or Agent Carter had/has that. No one on Arrow is that besides her either. Nyssa wears a costume but she doesn't have an alter ego, a mask, and she's mostly an assassin not  hero, and Sara is of course dead. She meant very specifically in the classic iconic sense she is the only one currently being portrayed.

Yes, but all the other women (Peggy, Bobbi, May, Lady Sif, even Skye) are more heroic then Laurel is right now. That's more important to me then wearing a silly costume with a mask. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 9
Yes, but all the other women (Peggy, Bobbi, May, Lady Sif, even Skye) are more heroic then Laurel is right now. That's more important to me then wearing a silly costume with a mask.

Oh, I agree. I just didn't want to jump all over KC for what I interpreted as a misquote. She IS the only named, superheroic female character on TV at the moment (was Bobbi ever referred to as Mockingbird?), even if TV is chock full of far more interesting and actually heroic women.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 1

Bobbi goes by Mockingbird (I keep wanting to say Mockingjay, stupid Hunger Games) on Agents of Shield. She's named, she just doesn't wear a mask. Same with Lady Sif.  KC is the only masked...something (she's far from a hero in my eyes) on TV right now. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

You can see the interview the page before here starting around 4:40.

She said "it's awesome, being the first woman superhero on television [she looks a bit puzzled].. as of now."

It sounds like she's heard her bosses are making a Supergirl series, but not about Agents of SHIELD.

God, I just want KC to shut up because now my dislike of the character she plays is spilling over into me disliking her as a person. And that's not really fair. I really try to keep feelings about actors and characters separate though it's hard sometimes (Tom Cruise is just creepy to me, no matter what movie I see him in).

KC really thinks she's playing a groundbreaking character here, doesn't she? Please get a movie role, please get a movie role, please get a movie role and leave Arrow…

Then again, her acting isn't the worst thing about Arrow right now, is it?

• Love 10

I still think it was a misquote, but looking at the whole thing in context I have to retract the rest of my statement. I have no idea what KC was trying to say. You can't be the first, as of now. You are either the first at something or not, and she is certainly not the first female superhero on television. For that matter even only doesn't work with the as of now. Maybe, what she meant was the only female superhero right now, or for the time being, or something, but as you all have pointed out that isn't true either. So congratulations Katie, you have confounded me with words and that is not easy to do.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 4

There are some actors who look at the big pictures and how their character fits in. Caity Lotz asked for all the GA and BC comics when she got the role, EBR got a bookshelf just for the comics.  (Other examples are Amanda Tapping on SG:1 and Jennifer Morrison on House who deconstructed all the jargon their characters had to say and ended up being the cast members everyone else asked about their lines.)

Other actors only look at their characters and the scenes they're in. I think KC is one of those. She was talking about how wonderful it was to finally become the Black Canary and a kickass woman, she's the only one on Arrow or Flash right now (forgetting about Helena and Sara), and then remembered that Berlanti and Kreisberg are working on Supergirl and added the "as of now".

• Love 1

Caity didn't ask for the comics, she said DC sent her a bunch of BC comics then they invited her to their studio and gave her a bunch of DC swag.  I think they were happy that a marital arts trained actress was bringing the martial arts trained Black Canary to life. I don't know if they invited KC now and she just doesn't go because it doesn't seem be her thing. 

I get actors not wanting to read the source material so they can make their own character without bias, but if they do that they can't be referencing the source material as way to explain what they are doing with the character like KC seems to do. I think that's what bothers me most about her interview answers. If she's not reading the comics, the comics should never be a part of her answers. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

You can see the interview the page before here starting around 4:40.

She said "it's awesome, being the first woman superhero on television [she looks a bit puzzled].. as of now."

It sounds like she's heard her bosses are making a Supergirl series, but not about Agents of SHIELD.

What the actual eff!

Katie should go and sit in a corner for 30 minutes for not knowing what the word super means. I mean if she thinks her bumbling with a baton can in any way be misconstrued as 'super hero' shenanigans, then she needs to revaluate just about everything.

On a side note, can someone please buy her a dictionary and highlight words & phrases like soul mate, epic, kick ass and of course, 'super' for her to know what they actually mean?

• Love 1