Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I don't care if she goes or not, and if she's not worried about disappointing her fans then I'm not going to worry about them being disappointed, but her people probably shouldn't have told the con that the reason she couldn't make it was because she'd be stuck in Vancouver (shooting, I guess). And it also probably wasn't a good idea for her to tweet that she was going to Dallas anyway after canceling an appearance she committed to.  

Her recent con-cancellations have the feeling of being better dealed.  Meaning she was signed up to attend until a better deal came up.  She has every right to do that but I also think that pattern is problematic for many reasons.  If nothing else, cons may reconsider inviting her in the future.

EFZn62F.png

At least now maybe people can stop freaking out that they're going to put Felicity in a wheelchair. I've never seen so much panic after she didn't get out of her seat in 312!

I think the freakout was justified when the episode was called "Oracle".

That wasn't the freakout I was talking about. On tumblr, people were freaking out after she stayed in her chair in 312 while talking to Malcolm, as if that meant she was going to become Oracle. It's a bit of a stretch.

Edited by Guest

I was one that posited that theory. I don't think it was all that unreasonable given the information that Felicity would be hurt, she looked like a queen sitting in her throne, that she originally had her episode named Oracle and that something coming would be epic and game changing. 

That wasn't the freakout I was talking about. On tumblr, people were freaking out after she stayed in her chair in 312 while talking to Malcolm, as if that meant she was going to become Oracle. It's a bit of a stretch.

Shakes head.   I had my brief concerns back when the Oracle title came up, but I would have been very sad to be worrying about that instead of enjoying her HBIC moment.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I just don't think there was any chance of her ever becoming Oracle. That will always be Barbara Gordon. I feel like calling episode 305 "Oracle" was just the EP's thinking they were being clever because Felicity has an 'Oracle-like' role on Arrow. 

And Felicity sitting in her chair was just a great way to show her power and that she wouldn't rise for Malcolm Merlyn. 

Anyway, I'm off topic now so I'll leave it at that!

Edited by Guest

I just don't think there was any chance of her ever becoming Oracle. That will always be Barbara Gordon. I feel like calling episode 305 "Oracle" was just the EP's thinking they were being clever because Felicity has an 'Oracle-like' role on Arrow.

Taken to Felicity thread

Hell yeah it's a bit of a stretch, I loved that moment cause Felicity came across as an HBIC and her and Malcolm were the only ones mainly talking. Malcolm treated her like she was the leader lol

• Love 2
charmingwords23 asked:

Hi Marc! I have a random question that I've always been curious about. When a character changes his/her hair style (i.e. Thea's haircut this season or Laurel's hair getting lighter each season), is that a production choice or an actor choice? Like do you guys say, 'hey Willa we need you to cut your hair for story purposes' or do the actors tell you they'd like to cut it/dye it and you work with it?

In Willa’s case, she came to us at the end of Season 2 and pitched the idea of the new cut and we loved it.  Then Paul Blackthorne shaved/trimmed his head for hiatus, and we loved that look, too.

reelclass asked:

Do you have to plan out the locations you wanna use way ahead of the episode's filming?

Yes.  They all have to be booked in advance.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

I can't imagine Stephen Amell turning down a con appearance so he could host a party for Nocking Point wine, and he actually makes money from that.

I think one of the reasons Arrow is a hit show because of the extracurricular work that SA puts into it, from his FB and tweets, to the interviews to his appearance at some many cons.   Your job is what you make it.  (And I wouldn't be surprised if Katie Cassidy's career is getting a boost from the work SA puts into promoting Arrow.  Even her interviews for The Scribbler described her as the actress from Arrow and her blog isn't well known.)

SA and his wine business was the comparison that came to my mind, actually. It's a question of priorities I guess - certainly the cons are not mandatory, so then the obvious answer is just don't commit to them in the first place. She probably does get more mileage out of red carpet events with the new bf, and I feel fairly confident she's a lot more interested in fashion than she is in the genre interests represented at cons. I don't think she has any interest at all in comics despite the character she plays. There's nothing wrong with that, but all these cancellations look sort of bad when compared to the work SA clearly puts into building the show. It makes her look like she's not pulling her weight as the female lead.

And quite frankly, sometimes these appearances keep me watching when I'm ready to take a timeout from the show. I watched the Dallas con videos, and I have a lot of respect for how hard he works. He legitimately wants this to be the best show it can be. His remark about Felicity's truth bomb gives me hope that maybe there's more to the Malcolm story - it doesn't excuse the pod people episode from last week, but maybe there's a point to it. So that's something he accomplished with that con - I'll watch again this week.

• Love 6

There is nothing wrong with not going to cons, like EBR. But saying you're going to be there and having fans shell out a lot of money to go to see you, then just cancelling because you'd rather be somewhere else is pretty bad. Cons have gotten super expensive, the tickets to the con, travel, hotel, parking, plus now having to pay for autographs and photos which used to be free. Filming and/or family issues are understandable reasons to cancel, going to award or fashions shows are not. 

Advancing your career is fine, but do you really want to piss off the fans you have to do that? It's fans that keep the actor in the spotlight, go to the movie or watch the show and talk about it. Without them the actor really has nothing. Unless she's just in it for the money, then she can make flop after flop and be fine. 

I remember when a small Firefly Con was canceled (I don't remember why), some fans decided to commiserate at bar and posted it on Facebook, Nathan Fillion and the other actors scheduled to be there showed up at the bar to greet their fans. That made me a fan of those actors for life. I don't care what stupid and awful movie/show they do, I will watch it to support them. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 18

Ugh, Willa's lunch.  I'm not sure what it is (bacon cheeseburger??) but that just looks awful and it's humongous.  

ETA:  Just to be clear, I'm criticizing the burger, not the fact that Willa's eating it.  Everyone should eat whatever makes them happy...but I still think that the picture makes the food look really unappetizing!

Edited by SonofaBiscuit

BTS of Arrow shoot from Pauls Facebook site:

10958856_330511383826690_330847523826507

"Stephen's trailer, my car."

More photos here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.330510953826733.1073741869.171286136415883&type=1

http://www.granddesignrv.com/solitude-floorplans.php

So either one of these could be Stephen's trailer. There's no number on that pic so i couldn't figure out which one it is. I think maybe the 375 or the 379.

Sorry, these kind of these just intrigue the hell out of me.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 3

Ugh, Willa's lunch.  I'm not sure what it is (bacon cheeseburger??) but that just looks awful and it's humongous.  

Really?  That looked delicious, makes me want to hit up a diner for a Cheddar Bacon Cheeseburger...so yummy.  Nice to see someone in Hollywood actually eats real people food.  Stuff the steak fries though, give me some shoestring fries...

Love the picture of PB, EBR, DR and Ophelia, as well as the EBR/Karl Yune photo and the fact that PB drives a Mini...so cute.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6

How is Willa Holland a size -2 when she eats something like that for lunch? It's got more calories than I eat in a day.  It feels like John Barrowman's Grrrr face is saying "I hate her that she can eat like that and I can't."

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

I agree. And I would like to add what a deep respect I have for her for having a mixed breed shelter (or street) rescued dog and not one of those itty bitty dogies everyone in Hollywood seems to be so fond of for some reason (I don't trust those tiny "toy" dogs, dogs are not supposed to be smaller than cats that's just.. It weird's me out- but I'm going off topic).

Yea opie looks like an awesome dog! And she obviously has her human well trianed. :-p

• Love 1

Karl Yune posted a pic of him & Emily on his Twitter

B9aeSfwCIAAPMKz.jpg

Watch-out World! Here she comes! Good times w/@EmilyBett #HappyMonday

I actually can't wait to see what kind of scene Maseo and Felicity share. She may be pissed at Oliver but she does owe Maseo a bit of gratuide for bringing Oliver back

• Love 1

That burger is making me hungry since I did a juice cleanse today lol. But really, at her age and assuming she's still training, she can probably get away with eating more or less whatever she wants, and it's better to eat that kind of thing at lunch. I do power yoga and kickboxing, in addition to time on the treadmill or elliptical machine. Sometimes I'm absolutely starving after a workout and eat accordingly. Maybe that was her workout reward :)

• Love 2

That burger is making me hungry

Second on the hungry, i haven't had a proper burger in so long.. been on a very tight budget for the last few months and chicken is less expensive. (Which is weird when you consider how much red meat the average American consume! Compered to other countries you would think it be less expensive).

So yea, I now want a burger (minus the bacon, i don't do pork).

satanichorse asked:

How much control do you actually have over the CW promos? There's been a few times that people complained a lot that the promos focus on negligible subplots, leaving out integral characters or even spoiling major plot points (as in the "TONIGHT SOMEONE DIES" trope though Arrow's promos haven't had that as far as I remember though it has happened on other CW shows). It's always been said that the promos are cut by the network's PR people while others blame "the producers". Which one is true?

I watch every single Arrow promo.  Exactly when you guys do — i.e., after an episode airs.  We don’t have any input on promos.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

I thought the casting dept did a very good job getting a young actress to play Nyssa who looked ilke it could be her.  That was a good scene with Malcolm, too.

I think the Stephen trend was a long time coming, to be honest. The most recent scheduled trends have been about EBR/Felicity and even some DR/Diggle.  There are going to be trends, that's a thing now (and I think the show pays attention to a point). It's free publicity, too.  Stephen/Oliver seems to be less of a focus so this one was nice for him.

• Love 1

Well either John Barrowman won't be a regular anymore in S4 or Brandon Routh will join as a regular. Either way, they don't want to give it away. I just hope that BR won't be a regular on Arrow next season. God knows we have already had enough Ray this season. 

• Love 3

Well either John Barrowman won't be a regular anymore in S4 or Brandon Routh will join as a regular. Either way, they don't want to give it away. I just hope that BR won't be a regular on Arrow next season. God knows we have already had enough Ray this season.

I'd rather have the woman who plays Katana join the cast next season than Brandon Routh.

Amen to that!

• Love 2

Maybe we're in for another TCA debacle, and they know that the lineup is going to piss people off, so they're holding out as long as possible before announcing the panelists.

I don't know - the women from The Flash are on their panel, so if there's a debacle it's because they deliberately single out EBR and WH and don't invite them. Which I suppose is possible, although why they'd do that, IDK. 

Edited by apinknightmare

I'd guess we are going to see another panel of all guys + Katie because Katie's character is so unpopular among fans/critics and having EBR or Wila on the panel would make her unpopularity too obvious. Plus, I'd guess KC demanded it. She seems to have some issues sharing the spotlight with other actresses.

• Love 1