Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Also #flarrowscreening

from jbuffyangel, who often gets quoted here explaining the Olicity situation.

Jen ‏@jbuffyangel  48m48 minutes ago
I have to be very careful so all I'll say about the preview is Prepare Your Souls.

If she liked it, it's probably good.

Someone else

"Diggle would win." Stephen Amell on who would win in battle between #Arrow and #TheFlash"

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

Part 1 of Q&A of the cast at Flarrow crossover viewing

I don't ship actors either, but their interactions are cute.  Did you see EBR and SA look at each other and then SA nodded at her (around 2:08)?  DR, EBR and SA are the best part of Arrow

I like EBR's outfit.  It looks classy and cool with the mannish jacket and shorts.

• Love 6

Well, at least Brandon Routh is aware of what some are saying about Ray Palmer:

https://twitter.com/BrandonJRouth/status/535286821836435458

I do feel a bit bad because he seems like a nice guy in real life.

I also feel bad for BR because I remember how excited and enthusiastic he was in tweets when the news first broke about his casting.  I blame the EPs and writers for how Ray Palmer's been portrayed on the show.

This pic is cool, though...

Emily Bett Rickards ‏@EmilyBett  Nov 21

Man. This is so cool man. @BrandonJRouth

https://twitter.com/EmilyBett

B2_3o_pCcAAsyIx.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Did you see EBR and SA look at each other and then SA nodded at her (around 2:08)? 

Yea.. i don't ship actors too, but... dammit they really are so freakin adorable.. they always have those little moments where they catch each other look and... i'm probably just ship projecting, ie seeing Oliver and Felicity rather than Stephen and Emily.

BTW is that Natalie Abrams(sp?) moderating?

and.. couldn't hear, did they say why Emily was last to join?

Also.. Yes moderator! Felicity has feelings for Oliver... Have you not been watching the show for the past 3 seasons?!

Also: 

Diggle and Lyla are engaged and there will be a wedding this season!!

How much do you wanna bet it'll happen at the end of the season, and will be part of the catalyst to cause Felicity and Oliver to move forward in their relationship?

The Flash is also less burdened with canon (I think) because they only have one totally iconic character.  Other than Barry being The Flash, they're pretty much free to do what they want with the other characters.  They don't have the Black Canary problem.

• Love 1

The Flash is also less burdened with canon (I think) because they only have one totally iconic character.  Other than Barry being The Flash, they're pretty much free to do what they want with the other characters.  They don't have the Black Canary problem.

I really don't get this Iconic thing. Why do people keep saying Black Canary is iconic?  Don't get me wrong I like her but she's usually considered a C/D list character.  For the longest time, Green Arrow was also a C/D Lister but with Smallville and now Arrow he's got a decent spot on the B-List at list. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

My friends and family who aren't comic readers didn't even know BC existed before this show. For me, iconic is Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and The Flash... So yeah, I wouldn't say she's iconic lol. Maybe integral to the GA verse? but not iconic at all. 

• Love 3

I didn't know she existed either before the show.

But it seems that every time someone complains about this Laurel Lance becoming the Black Canary, the rebuttal always is that she has to be because comics.  Usually with the addition of "and she will end up with Oliver when Felicity steps away/realizes that it's Laurel Oliver really loves/goes back to being a minor character.

I think it's easier to write a show for one character on whom expectations rest, rather than trying to do it for two.

Edited by statsgirl

GL is definitely iconic but even ComicVine still lists Black Canary as C-List. I was reading through fan-made lists as well, many still put both BC/GA on their C List (granted that's not "official").

However, Black Canary hasn't really stood on her own, she's either part of BoP, part of Green Arrow or the Justice League titles (not in 52). Even the graphic novel was BC/Zatana with cameos by GA and Superman IIRC.

As such, I wouldn't put BC on the as B List.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I don't mean to seem rude or suggesting anything..but it's a bit odd that Emily was the last one announced. Like not just the last of the actors..but after the actors and the show runners. Kinda strange

Saving the best for last ;) 

lol I wouldn't think anything of it tbqh. 

• Love 1

Every list I've seen has Nightwing as a B List.

Usually A List

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern Flash, and Aquaman (which always seems odd to me)

B List

Batgirl, Nightwing, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Green Arrow (going by Comic Vine)

C List

Black Canary, Zataana, Firestorm and for some reason Supergirl (guess she's not popular?)

I saw some fans put Cyborg on the C list I only know him from the Teen Titans cartoon.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I was more familiar with Black Canary through Justice League shows than Green Arrow.  Live Action Green Arrow works pretty well, but I think they had difficulty setting him apart from Batman on the animated series so he'd pop up and spout something in support of left wing leanings, drool over Canary and go away.  Canary had a lot of good character building episodes and appearances but I noticed a tendency on the show to favor female characters. 

I liked the Canary I saw in the animated versions.  I never warmed up to her on Smallville though I liked the actress (and suffered through Stargate Universe because of her).  Way back on Birds of Prey I was not impressed and at that time it was the first time I'd ever heard of her.  I probably learned of Green Arrow a few years later. 

If Robin or Nightwing is B list, then I'd call her solid C+ at least. 

Yea.. i don't ship actors too, but... dammit they really are so freakin adorable.. they always have those little moments where they catch each other look and... i'm probably just ship projecting, ie seeing Oliver and Felicity rather than Stephen and Emily.

BTW is that Natalie Abrams(sp?) moderating?

and.. couldn't hear, did they say why Emily was last to join?

Also.. Yes moderator! Felicity has feelings for Oliver... Have you not been watching the show for the past 3 seasons?!

If the moderator was Natalie Abrams, then it makes sense that she'd ask EBR if Felicity has feelings for Oliver. NA does not see Oliver and Felicity having romantic feelings for each other.  I'm pretty sure she's downplayed all romantic overtones between them, though I haven't read anything of hers since she switched jobs so I don't now what her thoughts are on S3.

Edited by writersblock51
  • Love 1

I'm watching the gifs from the event and both EBR and SA are so adobrable! But at the same time I'm thinking that one has to really be careful what one does at such galas, because your every gesture, every look will be gif-ed and analysed.

I kind of feel bad for SA's wife. A guy can take an innocent look towards EBR's fine legs and the Tumblr goes wild.

I kind of feel bad for SA's wife. A guy can take an innocent look towards EBR's fine legs and the Tumblr goes wild.

Eh he goes home to her and their baby and he seems madly in love with his wife.   She'll be fine.

• Love 1

In the TV Guide interview, the interview said that pictures of his kid play on a screen while they're talking.  Yeah,  he seems really in love with his wife. He said he facebook stalked her after he saw on on Mad Men.

Stephen Amell nixed it but I'd like of like to see Cassandra in a role on an Arrow episode. Ben Browder's wife used to have a different role in each season of Farscape, although in so much makeup you couldn't recognize her from one role to the other.

• Love 1

SA's wife takes a lot of heat on twitter.  Some of the fandom are ruthless and cruel towards her, and I'm not sure why.  They seem happy and that is a good thing!

I don't get it either.  Jensen Ackles wife gets a lot of grief too. And apparently he had an actual stalker that was claiming to be his wife all over the place.  The shit these people have to deal is unreal.  Genevieve Padalecki seems to have avoided most of that with fans. They seem to like her more now that she is married to Jared and not just Ruby on the show. Fandom is weird. 

• Love 1

It must be pretty trying for Cassandra (although maybe I'm wrong and she finds it all a hoot). Emily has fantastic legs and every straight guy in the room probably gave them a glance, but it's Stephen's reaction that gets the slow-mo gifs.

I'm sure she's secure enough to not give a crap but I hope it doesn't get her down. Fandom can be a pretty shitty place sometimes.

• Love 2

It must be pretty trying for Cassandra (although maybe I'm wrong and she finds it all a hoot). Emily has fantastic legs and every straight guy in the room probably gave them a glance, but it's Stephen's reaction that gets the slow-mo gifs.

I'm sure she's secure enough to not give a crap but I hope it doesn't get her down. Fandom can be a pretty shitty place sometimes.

And he might have not even been looking at her legs in a lascivious way either. Meh.

lol me neither. I've always found real life shipping to be gross. Been seeing that a lot lately...

If someone can't separate the actors from the characters they portray, that is a problem (and kind of creepy).

Edited by BumpSetSpike
  • Love 4