Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Isn't there a version of that pic with only Stephen and Emily? I seem to recall one, taken from the side.

Are you maybe thinking of the pic they took with a stuffed dolphin? I think that was just the two of them, but I can't remember. 

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'd rather people @ the people asking these questions and tell them to stop asking about something from the comics when it's clear the show has moved away from that. 

Well the interviewer was asking the arrow reddit for suggestion what they should ask. So that was never gonna happen. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Reading it I was like, "no no no self, look away."

I'm still embarrassed, 10 minutes later. Just...Yikes.

54 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

OMG I'm cringing that someone @ her and she felt the need to reply. The embarrassment. Why do fans do this?

Well she set herself up for a response from fans. LOL 

It's no different from others. Maybe they should learn the show they are on. 

1 hour ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Well she set herself up for a response from fans. LOL 

It's no different from others. Maybe they should learn the show they are on. 

I'm sorry but I disagree. I don't think fans should @ an actor about something they said in an interview, and especially not in a rude way. By all means rant about what she said in forums like this or in DM's but there's absolutely no need to tag her - or any of them - in that kind of stuff. 

But, the interview is public. What do you think people will do? I'm just saying if you're going to talk about something people have  an opinion about (especially an established show with a couple who have been building up for 4 seasons.) What I'm saying is people who have strong opinions will always @ the actors/etc. It's part of the business. It might sometimes be tough (tougher than this one imo.) This one wasn't even that bad.

It's no different when people @ Marc G. He's  a writer/producer and he gets it a lot. Everyone is subject to it. Unless you don't get interviewed at all and escape all the cons. Then no one can fault your opinion about the show because you won't have one based on not doing interviews/cons. Which won't ever happen because they all go to SDCC. LOL

She shouldn't have contacted JH to ask. The existence of social media gives people strange ideas.  But I do think it's better than assuming that JH is jockeying to take over the female lead on the show and getting angry at her for it.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Geez, I get being passionate about a show and all, but some people really need to get a life. 

Do you mean me? I mean we are all on a forum talking about the show. 

I wouldn't be surprised if people who work for the show are in the background somehow seeing what we are saying.

5 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Do you mean me? I mean we are all on a forum talking about the show. 

I wouldn't be surprised if people who work for the show are in the background somehow seeing what we are saying.

No. I was talking about the fans who get so riled up by a harmless quote in an interview that they feel the need to send rude tweets. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

No. I was talking about the fans who get so riled up by a harmless quote in an interview that they feel the need to send rude tweets. 

I thought so just wanted to clear it up. Thanks. I kind of figured you were talking generally.

On 2017-09-15 at 6:54 PM, SmallScreenDiva said:

I don't think they were even released, looks like somebody just found them on Getty Images. I mean, there's a watermark. Now all the fandom needs is someone with access to Getty

I have access to Getty but I don't think you need it to view the watermarked pics. Just go to gettyimages.com, click on "editorial" and search an actor's name. Page 7 is where those ones show up when you search for SA pics:

http://www.gettyimages.ca/photos/stephen-amell?excludenudity=true&family=editorial&page=7&phrase=Stephen Amell&sort=best#license

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I have access to Getty but I don't think you need it to view the watermarked pics. Just go to gettyimages.com, click on "editorial" and search an actor's name. Page 7 is where those ones show up when you search for SA pics:

http://www.gettyimages.ca/photos/stephen-amell?excludenudity=true&family=editorial&page=7&phrase=Stephen Amell&sort=best#license

Oh, I know ... I meant to download the non-watermarked/HD version you need a Getty account (and be willing to pony up maybe $40 if it's not part of your regular package).

Transcribed from video clip below...

-- SA: "Who am I closest to on set? You have to go back to the people who were there at the beginning. And that would be Katie Cassidy, um, Emily, uh, David, um, you know, Paul Blackthorne. And, uh, you can't really - and, of course, Willa - you can't replicate the relationships that build up over time. So definitely, like, if you were an original cast member, then that bond is great. To take nothing away from all the fabulous new people that we have on the show. But there's something about having been on the journey when it was March of 2012 and we were shooting the pilot. There's a camaraderie there that you can't replicate."

• Love 1