Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Marc should consider that the person carrying the child for nine months and pushing him or her out of her body might want a say in the name, LOL. It was the same with Dig's child..did Lyla even meet Sara?

2 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

forget Lyla, why Diggle would even want to name his child after a chick he had no connection to made no sense.

Eh, I could see Moira for a child,  or at least the ancestral Dearden for a middle name.   Moira might have been shady as fuck but she threw herself on a sword to save her children. 

But the Sara thing I can totally get.   My partner is ex Air Force and its actually pretty common for soldiers to name their children after fallen soldiers that they fought alongside.   They tend to do that or really quirky names that you don't see a lot.

10 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

She gave the dog away 2 years ago. The Hair or Makeup guy (can't remember what he does) has the dog.

That was what I'd thougt but later there was doubt.  Now I'm sure. Not sure why I care, lol.  Not sure I really do.  Hahahahaha

Nonspoilery posts at https://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ on May 10...

fight--for--now asked:
It was Felicity Smoak appreciation week on Tumblr last week and the amount of great stuff that's come out of that puts a on on my face. Thank you for creating a character (along with the amazing Emily Bert Rickards) that's inspired so many young girls and women to go into STEM or to fight through challenges and be a positive influence. She's an amazing role model.

Thank you for watching.  Without you guys, there would be no show and, therefore, no Felicity.

forgetabouttheory asked:
Do you think Felicity Smoak is age appropriate to have kids now

Biologically or…?

olicity2fs-4fr asked:
Also, I was gonna go with Robert or Tommy too as for the names. So you rock again!

I’ll take it!

olicity2fs-4fr asked:
In 4x05 when Constantine said to Oliver "...Places of Nexus, draw bad people to them. This island is such place. It's no accident that you're here. " Did it have a deeper meaning or just Oliver going down the dark path?

It was my way of explaining how many bad guys tend to show up on what’s supposed to be a “deserted island.”

mailboi asked:
How can Chase's real last name be Morrison if his father is Clayborne and his mother is Westfield

Mother’s real name is Morrison, but she changed it when she left Star City. This has been established on the show.

hotsforlaurel asked:
the transitions between flashbacks and present and back again are phenomenal. absolute props to the directors and cameramen.

It’s a huge part of our process.  In the case of tonight’s episode (521), however, I have to give a shoutout to our VFX house, Zoic, who really made them sing!

ibelievenu asked:
Marc, that was the best episode of the season. We had Queen siblings, OTA, Olicity, with the lance and Rene B storyline. All terrific. Can't wait for the last two episode. Thanks. Wonderful stories are why I am here. #imwitharrow.

Thanks for watching!

(edited)
54 minutes ago, theOAfc said:
4 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

How is Rick Gonzales 36, he looks so young.

He is 36? I legit thought he was 10 years younger.

Especially compared to SA...?? (...on a highway to hell...)

Edited by leopardprint
(edited)

Slowly getting caught up on some posts....

On 5/10/2017 at 8:05 AM, Mellowyellow said:

I doubt think the script would reveal anything but I am curious as to what the instructions were for season 2 when Dig and Felicity went to find Oliver to give him a pep talk.

He kept staring at Felicity like he was going to snog her any minute for the entire scene. Like he was thinking about it while she was talking to him. Nothing happened but that's one of my "up there" Olicity scenes. 

That's one of my all-time favorite scenes , because I distinctly remember being totally sucked into thinking he was going to kiss her, and then when he walked away I convinced myself I had imagined it. Then 2x23 happened. :-)

On 5/10/2017 at 11:09 AM, leopardprint said:

I 100% agree with you that 508 just sounded awful from the getgo BUT I think they could have done a full on, goatee, chilli, fishnets, comic book translation for the 100th. That could have been silly and fun to see the literal comic book versions for just one episode. 

On 5/10/2017 at 1:26 PM, statsgirl said:

And the acting failed to sell anything deeper than two people together for the sex.

Now I'm imagining a "What If" scenario that would have had complete comic book style, with Oliver and Laurel both unashamedly just friends with benefits -- not even an alternate reality, but a truly "here's a completely different show for one episode" look and feel. As long as there was no pining or actual relationship from either of them, I might have actually enjoyed that -- mainly because it would be clear that it had no bearing on the actual show. So... probably not a great 100th episode idea, but I still would have been more interested in that than the one we got. (Also would have been a fun excuse to have all those people in masks that will never be in masks on the actual show.)

21 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

And really, what was the point of that ad-libbed ILY from DreamLaurel? Who thought that was necessary?

You know who. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Edited by RandomMe
  • Love 1

From Guggenheim's Tumblr.

holyxsmoak asked:

Hoping you'll clarify something for me. The EMP, was that the flash drive or was there something else? I keep hoping that Helix didn't completely sell Felicity out.

It was something else.  But that’s an interesting read.  Not our intention, but interesting.

sadfangirl05 asked:

Can you give praise to the person dressing Emily this year. She looks amazing; someone has impeccable taste and knows exactly what suits her. Even her "mission" outfit in 5x19 was gorgeous.

Maya Mani is and has been our awesome and talented costume designer for the past five seasons.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Not our intention?  Holy Crap that seemed the most direct connection.

"That's an interesting read." Felicity inserted the USB and a few seconds later - while the program on the USB which was created by a shady unknown started working - her computers went kaboom. Interesting? How...how do you not think that's the main connection people would make? Yikes. That this show isn't more of a mess with this dude and Miracle Wendy in charge is pretty impressive, haha. 

• Love 12

That's funny, because I actually never even thought it could have been Helix's doing until I came on the board to read the commentary. 

Granted, now I'm worried what that says about me, haha.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, looptab said:

That's funny, because I actually never even thought it could have been Helix's doing until I came on the board to read the commentary. 

You're not alone. There was a debate here about it being Chase vs Helix. I think it would have helped their cause if the previous Felicity/Alena scene didn't feel so shady. I actually thought Helix was going to betray Felicity there. Maybe that impression carried forward?

I'm glad it wasn't Helix but, I really did think they were telling us the EMP came from the USB and that the Chase tracking program was just tracking the USB in order to send the pulse.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, looptab said:

It just seems to me that there are two pretty obvious takes - one is that it was the doing of the Big Bad that the program actually traced, and the other is that the chain of events leading up to the explosion were the cause. I think it's kind of weird that he finds the second one interesting is all, haha

• Love 3

We're not the only ones who wasn't sure whether the EMP was Chase or Helix. I read it elsewhere on the interwebs too. 

It's kind of hilarious how many times MG has had to clarify stuff though. Too many times this season. 

I think maybe the shot of the USB was misleading. As for why he thinks this reading is interesting, probably it's because he's "too close". I mean, he knows what the chain of events is, and the expected outcome. Probably any other option  didn't even occur to him, haha.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, looptab said:

I think maybe the shot of the USB was misleading. As for why he thinks this reading is interesting, probably it's because he's "too close". I mean, he knows what the chain of events is, and the expected outcome. Probably any other option  didn't even occur to him, haha.

My impression of his use of "interesting" was that he was now thinking, "hey, that would have been a good angle." 

• Love 7
(edited)

He also didn't think Susan's continuing to investigate Oliver while they dated was shady...so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I wish someone would ask him on tumblr what the cool payoff was?

Edited by leopardprint

One more at https://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ on May 11...

ninjahackergoddesssmoak asked:
Wendey has been on Twitter saying the nicest things about Olicity and SA/EBR! It's such a joy to see her be excited about the same things fans are excited about. How much directorial control did she have over the 5x20 Olicity flashback sex scene we all loved?

Total directorial control. She was the director. :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

My impression of his use of "interesting" was that he was now thinking, "hey, that would have been a good angle." 

Yeah.   I think they would have rejected it though to go all gung ho with Chase unless Cayden James/Helix is going to be a villain next season.

I wonder how often, if ever, they say "that sounded better in my head."

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Damnit!  Why didn't we think of that?! Quick let's go check message boards for S6 ideas!

• Love 3
(edited)

Ha. There has been a few times when Wendy and Marc have acknowledged that fans theories have been more clever then their own. 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

Ha. There has been a few times when Wendy and Marc have acknowledged that fans theories have been more clever then their own. 

Can you remember if they were talking about specific ideas or in generalities?

(edited)

They have to be careful about taking ideas off boards etc.  There are people who supplement their living giving shows story ideas that they're paid for.

Edited by statsgirl
(edited)
5 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

What about it is off putting? 

I just find the guy soliciting EBR/Felicity fans to his site off putting. 

Hey I'm a total nobody with semi-famous friends doing me favors so quick all you EBR fans become a member/supporter of my chabbel/twitter/blog etc blah blah blah.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I mean,  I make money by working.   I don't make money by asking strangers for money online because I'm friends with a popular actress who has legions of fans trying to support her.

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Delphi said:

I mean,  I make money by working.   I don't make money by asking strangers for money online because I'm friends with a popular actress who has legions of fans trying to support her.

Seems like he funds his cover videos through his Patreon page - all of them, not just this one - (lots of YouTubers do this) - and it also seems like (based on his Patreon post) that this particular video was supposed to be locked to only his patrons until Wednesday, but it wasn't. So...if it had been then, they'd only need to become a patron to see it early, since seeing his videos early - not just this one - is a patron perk. As it worked out, no one had to pay anything at all to see it. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

She sounds great and her eyes look stunning.

I don't get the limited release thing. Did he put it on Youtube or did one of the subscribers rip it and put it up?

4 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I don't get the limited release thing. Did he put it on Youtube or did one of the subscribers rip it and put it up?

I'm not entirely sure how Patreon works on the user side, but it seems to be linked to his YouTube through his Patreon post, but it doesn't show up on his YouTube page. So there must be some kind of timer/unlock feature for stuff like this. So, I think people are just linking to the YouTube on his Patreon page, which is supposed to be locked to just his patrons until Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, bijoux said:

The thing that confuses me is that I'm definitely not a memeber but the Youtube video @Soulfire posted plays just fine for me.

Yeah, because his post is unlocked - not sure why. You can go on his Patreon page and view it there, but you shouldn't be able to. He wrote in his post (the unlocked one) to his patrons that they were getting a first look at it and that it would be available to everyone else on Wednesday. But he for whatever reason never locked that post so that just his patrons could see it - as a result everyone (even non-patrons) can. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Delphi said:

That's the new thing. I listen to podcasts recapping Buffy and Housewives, they do the same thing if you want exclusive content. I'm sure EBR kmows about it and is fine with it.