Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

38 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Between this and the soda sent by the fandom, he's got to be thinking about his throwaway comments and kicking himself.

He needs to stop making throwaway comments, and then stop making it worse by doubling down on them. I actually didn't think his first BB&B remark was so bad, but now it's starting to come across as yet another thing he's making fun of shippers for supposedly wanting. 

• Love 5
Just now, Trisha said:

He needs to stop making throwaway comments, and then stop making it worse by doubling down on them. I actually didn't think his first BB&B remark was so bad, but now it's starting to come across as yet another thing he's making fun of shippers for supposedly wanting. 

Tbh I don't find the tweet too bad either. I actually laughed at it. 

1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

Oliver didn't fight for Susan. Where are people getting this... It's in the script that the boy barely ever sees her and didn't even notice that she was missing for a week

Is it because he went a bit OTT after Susan lost her job? I didn't actually watch that episode so that's just guessing on my part. 

Just now, Angel12d said:

Is it because he went a bit OTT after Susan lost her job? I didn't actually watch that episode so that's just guessing on my part. 

As we found out in that episode the only reason he went OTT was because he was worried about what would happen to Thea. He also really didn't give a damn about Susan because when asked, he said whatever will happen with her will happen. 

Then in episode 15 he barely lifted a finger in trying to 'win' her back. There was no desperation there, there was nothing. 

But ok, let's say he WAS, trying to win her back. I'd argue that he wasn't doing it because he wanted to be with Susan. No, he did it because he was fighting hard against being lonely. Which is why he got with Susan in the first place. Which,  imo, shows a certain growth in Oliver until Chase screwed that up by torturing him and making him believe he's poison to his friends. 

Also it seems as though Twitter peeps found her dress. It's stunning. 

• Love 3

I like the shape and back of the dress but I don't like the pattern or color. But I didn't like the one in 509 either. She'll still look gorgeous in it though!

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I like the shape and back of the dress but I don't like the pattern or color. But I didn't like the one in 509 either. She'll still look gorgeous in it though!

Haha the pattern always reminds me a bit of old fashioned curtains or fabric couches.

Spoiler

Are they really going to make her run around in that dress on the Island for the whole finale?

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Delphi said:

... why are people making a big deal about the dress?  It was posted on Worn on Tv back in December,  I didn't think it was a big deal. 

https://wornontv.net/63180/

If you're asking why people are making a big deal out of the dress she's wearing,

Spoiler

it's because it means that there will be a party/function Felicty will be attending which fuels the whole "she dresses up for Oliver's birthday party before she gets kidnapped" theory lol

Other than that I don't see people making a big deal out of the dress she wore in 509

Edited by kariyaki
Added spoiler tags
(edited)

Carissa Pavlica is the managing editor and a writer at TV Fanatic and also the infamous interviewer who told EBR at SDCC that "everyone" hated Felicity. Nice of her to confirm her (and the site's) bias.

Capture1.JPG.45a00d197df2f9591ee65d7333cb3bf2.JPG

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

Gathering a list of haters seems a bit much lol but to each their own.

I don't think so. These people make a living on trashing a pair of characters from a show. I say good for the fan making a list to get people away from clicking their sites and watching their non sense videos. If everything is based on hating a character, a real life person or a couple from a tv show then they should not profit from it from real fans who like that pair or are a fan of the actress.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Gathering a list of haters seems a bit much lol but to each their own.

Agreed. It seems a little counter-intuitive to me? All the "haters" I've seen who've seen it love it, are proud to be included, and those who aren't on here want to be, haha.

• Love 8

I have to agree. I cringed when I saw that list. I just think it ends up creating more problems, which it has because some people can't stop talking about it.

4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Poor EBR! She's a young actress trying to make a living. I can't imagine being that age, starting out and dealing with a bunch of psychos as well. 

This isn't an exclusive EBR hate list. Majority of them seem to dislike her character/relationship which is normal for popular couples on tv.

• Love 2
(edited)

Agreed. The list is a mistake. Most fandom people already know who to avoid, I just think this brings more attention to haters, which gives them exactly what they want. Apathy is key imo.

Also, maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think Felicity/Olicity have it that bad. Are there haters? Of course, but I don't feel like it's more than any other popular couple/character. I think she gets more positive press from legit sites, than negativity. 

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

This isn't an exclusive EBR hate list. Majority of them seem to dislike her character/relationship which is normal for popular couples on tv.

I'm not naive enough to believe that these nutjobs won't target the actress based on what I've seen on Twitter.

I don't have a Twitter account but I look for stuff under the #olicity tag sometimes. The number of random crazies who post insulting  (and sometimes down right disturbing) things and then tag that as Olicity is astounding.

I'm not a fan of Pantry Moth's character but I'd question my sanity and position in life if I spent my days running around harassing the actress or fans of her character.

• Love 2

Yeah, every character/relationship on any show with a fandom has their share of haters, and that's really okay. And it's also okay if your personal preference is to avoid giving hits to people whose take on a character/ship isn't to your liking. But making a Haters List to share feels...unnecessary at best, embarrassing and counter-productive at worst. There's something about the tone of this that rubs me the wrong way, where it goes beyond just people who are actively negative about Emily, Felicity, or Olicity (which I would still not understand, because if you would find this list "useful," you would have probably already noticed that those people/places are negative about the thing you like?); it's also people who have just been kind of dismissive or indifferent. Maybe this is where I diverge from "stans," because I would never "defend X at all costs," or swear off a web site or writer just because we disagree on a character. Critics, fan artists, media/industry people don't need to "show respect" to your faves or your fandom by whatever measure you deem adequate. They're people with opinions and preferences like anyone else. Who cares? In your next fandom, your preferences could align and then they'll be off the Enemies List, I guess?

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

Critics, fan artists, media/industry people don't need to "show respect" to your faves or your fandom by whatever measure you deem adequate. They're people with opinions and preferences like anyone else. Who cares? In your next fandom, your preferences could align and then they'll be off the Enemies List, I guess?

Yeah, that's that part that really made me cringe. It's one thing to include paps or rando YouTube bloggers who've said disgusting things about your fave, but actual critics and reviewers who don't share your opinion? I remember both Chris Hayner & Damian Holbrook used to tweet nice things about Olicity (or at least Felicity) all the time. I think the relentlessness of the fandom wore them down a bit. Their mentions were full of demands about interviews and photo shoots (as if they have control over such things). It's exhausting to read as an outsider; I can't imagine what it's like having all that directed at you. 

• Love 3

I'm reading some of MG's responses and I want to tear my hair out. He basically admitted to silencing Felicity in the gun control episode because haters would say she was making it all about her. Tells me everything I need to know. 

I hate him. 

Seriously?  It's Michael Dorn?  Everyone was thinking it but it was never confirmed.

Remember, guns don't paralyze people. Super-villains paralyzed people.  Unless they can't get access to guns and then Felicity gets to keep walking.

• Love 15

I've literally never known a showrunner so tone deaf or out of touch with his audience and how things come across on screen. 

(edited)

But he can't possibly think Susan was a successful storyline? If the storyline wasn't reviewed negatively it wasn't mentioned at all. Literally no one liked it, it was just varying degrees of dislike. (Oh wait I think one review said they needed a reporter on the team)

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2

Reading through Guggenheim's tumblr--why did I do that?--I was surprised that the thing that pissed me off the most was the fact that Nyssa and Oliver are still married.  Didn't that marriage get dissolved when Oliver fought Merlyn and cut off his arm?  Will that offensive storyline never have closure?

• Love 7