Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I think it was from when they were filming 501/502. Says more about Bamford for responding to that kind of tweet than it does about the show, IMO.

Stephen's Twitter mentioned our Toronto Blue Jay win "That's with the Rangers  deserved" as any Blue Jay fan would know the history between the Texas Rangers and the Blue Jays. Jensen Ackles of Supernatural responded via Twitter  with "Didn't you marry a Texan" #classy and Stephen responded "She's from Houston. Also, you look  wonderfully  handsome in that profile pic" I love my CW boys. Don't you start bickering. Both your fandoms scare me. I'm typing this in on my phone but the links are easy to find and it seems that it is on both their verified account. 

Edited by Browser26
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Browser26 said:

Stephen's Twitter mentioned our Toronto Blue Jay win "That's with the Rangers  deserved" as any Blue Jay fan would know the history between the Texas Rangers and the Blue Jays. Jensen Ackles of Supernatural responded via Twitter  with "Didn't you marry a Texan" #classy and Stephen responded "She's from Houston. Also, you look  wonderfully  handsome in that profile pic" I love my CW boys. Don't you start bickering. Both your fandoms scare me. I'm typing this in on my phone but the links are easy to find and it seems that it is on both their verified account. 

Those guys are all friends. The best thing about that is that Jensen doesn't follow Stephen on Twitter, so to my mind the only reason Jensen saw is that Jared  showed it to him.   wouldn't worry one whit about it blowing up into some fandom wars. Besides, Supernatural fans would rather spend their time fighting with each other than Arrow fans. LOL (I'm a fan of both shows FTR). 

• Love 5

MG was back posting responses to tumblr questions yesterday at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ - here are some of his nonspoilery posts (I didn't post every one)...

mymusiclove101 asked:
I'm a bit confused. Ray signed over his shares of the company over to Felicity. So she OWNS most of the company. So how can they just fully kick her out of a company she owns??

Palmer Tech is a publicly-traded company.  Felicity owns the STOCK, not the company itself.  Make sense?

gehendj asked:
Arrow has been rather polarizing for the fanbase during S4, and with it there has been a lot of bullying on both sides of the fence. With that bullying extending beyond the fandom and resulting in personal attacks against the cast, crew, and even the writer of the Green Arrow comic, why has Team Arrow been silent on the issue? Why have you not come out against this kind of behavior? The only person who did - Katie Cassidy - was unceremoniously booted off the show. Seems like a pro-bullying bias.

Maybe we’re too busy getting bullied ourselves?

miihwinchester asked:
Why do you hate Laurel Lance so much?

To be honest, I didn’t start out hating her, but then so many people told me that I did, that I wanted to prove them right.  (Kidding.)

miihwinchester asked:
Hi Marc, first congratulations on the season 5 premiere. I literally cannot believe that this show is now on it's fifth year. Wow. So, my question is: why do you hate Dinah Lance so much?

Thank you so much.  And I don’t.

lavarosva asked:
I have to ask Mr. Guggenheim, do you ever read the r/Arrow or r/CWArrow Subreddits?

No – but only because I can’t fathom Reddit.  I mean, I don’t understand how to navigate it.  The UI is a mess.

noahgallant420 asked:
Will the main villain, maybe not this season but ever be female?

We’ve totally talked about it.

smoakandarrow asked:
Hey Marc! Been watching your Twitter flooded w/abusive language, threats, petitions to be fired, etc., I can only shake my head. It's exhausting, I know, & while NO section of this (or any) fandom is "all saints," I do hope that you've gained a better perspective, perhaps, for what Felicity & Olicity fans deal w/every day going on 4 years now. Again, I'm not claiming we're saints, but that daily level of abuse, harassment & stalking literally EXHAUSTS you. Hope things calm down for you guys soon

Thank you.
I admit that I’ve had to take a breather from reading a lot of what’s being said on the Internet.  The posts themselves don’t bother me – I view the petition to have me fired as a petition to get me a vacation – but I am disillusioned by the number of angry people out there who want to vent their spleens at a television show when children are hungry, too many people live in poverty, our climate is changing for the worse, gun violence is claiming innocent lives, women are being sexually assaulted… I could go on and on.  Seriously, if we could just redirect one-tenth of the Internet’s passions towards issues that matter, the world would be a much better place.  (I’ll settle for one-fifth.)

felictiyqueens asked:
Did nothing but loved and supported Arrow for all these years and yet all I've got in return is being ignored and forced to watch you cater to the haters and bullies. It seems like everyone is afraid to even mention Olicity these days. I (and many other fans) get threatened by death and rape almost every time I write something nice about Arrow on any social media platform. Unless I hear something POSITIVE about ROMANTIC Olicity relationship,I'm out. It's just not worth it. Sorry if this is rude.

It’s not rude at all.  And I appreciate your feelings.  That said, I will never understand why anyone thinks we’re catering to anyone.  We killed Laurel.  We gave Felicity a boyfriend.  I think we’ve shown that we’re just trying to tell our own story and not catering to any particular group of fandom.  Believe me, if “catering” was our goal, we’d do a much better job – even if we’re as incompetent as some people say.

hotsforlaurel asked:
DON'T BRING BACK OLICITY. FUCKING CHRIST. WORST PART OF THE SHOW. KILL FELICITY AND HER ANNOYNING MOM.

Does your screen name suggest a certain bias here?  Genuinely curious.

hotsforlaurel asked:
I fail to comprehend after the god awful s4, how you and wendy are still showrunners.

I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand.  We have incriminating photographs on all the decision makers who could fire us.
Oh, and it probably didn’t hurt that the ratings for Season 4 were great.  So maybe not everyone shares your opinion of Season 4?

pelmlm-deactivated20161011 asked:
Pt 1 Pls Do Not Answer-- Just FYI The same person who wrote an open ltr to you months ago, is writng one to GeoffJohns complaining of your handling of GreenArrow and also the OlicityFndm. I guess the hope is to encourage GJ to "save" the GA franchise by removing you, writers, O Fndm? -- I don't F ing kno. Anyway a heads up. You can read ltr on the arrow reddit. My personal take is that theyre somewhat delusional and take themselves VERY seriously. Also, they really piss me off.

Thank you.  I appreciate that.  I’m sure Geoff and a whole mess of other people have lobbied to remove me from the show.  I think they overestimate their influence.

ipikaboo asked:
Can't wait for you to come back! I know all the negativity is frustrating but never forget your show has the second best ratings of the network even after 4 seasons. You are awesome.

Thank you so much.  I really appreciate it.
One metric that really blew me away is that out of ALL the returning network shows last year, only Arrow and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit didn’t see declines in their ratings from the previous season.  I feel that’s remarkable.

reamingofolicityrealized asked:
Why isn't Emily Bett Rickards allowed to do her own stunts anymore?

We haven’t changed our policy on stunts with regard to any castmembers.  The decision is always made on a stunt by stunt basis and always based only on the question of whether the stunt coordinator believes the gag to be safe for an actor to perform.  Stunts are important to Arrow, obviously, but the safety of our cast is far more important.

therearetwomanycats-deactivated asked:
So even when your own actors express how upset they are about Laurel's death, you tell them to get over it? I thought we were supposed to care about these characters. Isn't Laurel's death supposedly just "so important" and "it'll all make sense why we did it!" Then why should anyone, fan or actor, be "over it"?

Has it occurred to you that when a castmember expresses their disappointment with the death of a fellow castmember’s character, they’re not weighing in creatively but rather expressing how sad they are that they won’t be working with that person on a regular basis.

nerdramblings101 asked:
I'm just curious sir. Was it your idea to bring Katie Cassidy back with her new deal or was it someone else's? I'm sure you won't answer but I still wanted to ask.

I can’t really comment without getting into the particulars of Katie’s deal and her representation.

super-zinie-me asked:
Hi Marc, not spoilers just a really quick question. How much episode are you filming before the season premiere ? And congratulations for the season 5 and probably 6, and 7 and 8 and 9.... Take care. I hope you find a way and a peaceful time to come back on trumblr soon. Many of us were really happy when you were answered questions last year. Hugs from France.

We were filming Episode 508 when we premiered last week.  By that point, we’d already written Ep. 510.  (Just to give you a sense of how far ahead we are writing.)

smoakandarrow asked:
Hey Marc! THANK YOU!!!!! I just read your CinemaBlend quote re Why CW doesn't have to follow comics & how your fav type of fans are those who are not comic book fans (because reader #s wouldn't keep shows on the air). Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been saying this for 4 years now, & I know how exhausted non-comic book reading viewers are over constantly being attacked, told they don't count as "fans," etc. Mad props to you, Marc. Gold star! Did I say thank you yet? Have a great day.

Thank you so much.

therearetwomanycats-deactivated asked:
If you don't think comic fans matter as much as non-comic fans, why are you writing a comic book-based show? Aren't the shows/films that are comic-book accurate, or at least honor the comics and the iconic versions of their characters, more successful and beloved? Even among non-comic fans? Deadpool, even, was relatively accurate and was hugely successful in spite of it being an R-rated film. Even Supergirl and Flash pull story-lines straight from the page.

I don’t think that comic fans matter less than non-comic fans.  What I’ve said in the past is that a hit comic sells 80,000 copies.  80,000 viewers means you’re canceled immediately.  In other words, a TV show – or for that matter, a film – needs to reach beyond comic book fans in order to survive.  That’s just simple math.

splitsunshine asked:
Marc how come Oliver never apologized to Felicity for lying to her? For not trusting her even when half of Star City knew? We all know that telling Felicity wouldn't have put his child in danger in any way whatsoever. It's not like she's a serial killer so Oliver telling himself that he was keeping his kid safe by not telling her was him lying to himself. He was scared to lose her and that's the real reason he lied and thus lost her. Why hasn't he recognized this and said he's sorry?

Great question.  I think he feels that he apologized in his way, though you’re right, he never said the actual words “I’m sorry.”

stormssanctuary asked:
I don't suppose that Flashpoint will fix anything in regards to Nyssa. Her fighting, and say the marriage to Oliver? Its canon that Nyssa cannot beat Oliver or Merlyn, It was also canon that Anarchy beat Oliver, but you guys clearly fixed that in the Sneak peek. So why can't Nyssa's fighting be adjusted as well?

I know I’ll get into trouble for saying this, but comic book canon is not canon for the show.  I await the hate replies with interest.  Actually, that’s not true.  I really don’t care about the replies.

I have to say that I even though I feel angry or disappointed at times, I'd never yell at a stranger (which he is) How entitled do you have to be to yell your wishes at him. I also wonder how he picks those questions? The dumbest and rudest first? I mean you can ask a question and let him know what you think without being a total a**hole. 

He isn't the nicest as well at times and likes to toy with people but I assume if people talked to me like that I'd probably not even answer.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 4

I'm just curious sir. Was it your idea to bring Katie Cassidy back with her new deal or was it someone else's? I'm sure you won't answer but I still wanted to ask.
I can’t really comment without getting into the particulars of Katie’s deal and her representation.

That's an odd answer.

• Love 4

That answer to the KC question is odd. Does she really have that much pull at the CW? If that's the case,  I don't know why she doesn't try to get a show where's she's the lead. Instead of keep trying to be relevant on show that doesn't care about her character. 

• Love 2

I take it as "No. Her representation made a deal with the network and here we are."

She has rockstar lawyers/managers. I have a baseless theory that they wanted to use her image and went to negotiate and her guys got an appearance deal. Probably getting the idea from JB and WM's deals.

• Love 8

Maybe her original contract cannot be dissolved until a certain point because she has a contract with the WB and not necessarily just for the show. Therefore they can let her go but still have to use her because the WB contract requires it.  Ultimately, I have no idea but I doubt she does it for free and out of the kindness of her heart.

• Love 1

Seriously, if we could just redirect one-tenth of the Internet’s passions towards issues that matter, the world would be a much better place.  (I’ll settle for one-fifth.)

This explains so much about the science on this show. Unless he was making fun of the fans' math skills.

• Love 16
Just now, romantic idiot said:

This explains so much about the science on this show. Unless he was making fun of the fans' math skills.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who started cackling at MG's lack of math skills.  Then again, he doesn't get the business/law stuff right either.

• Love 5

As interesting as the BTS bits are, I would really rather MG either ignored the rude questions/attacks or just didn't post at all.  I hide out here because I don't like the tone of other forums like reddit and IMDB, and while I am sometimes tempted to cross the line - or was at the height of my Laurel hate - the mods keep things in check.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, romantic idiot said:

Oh my God. I skimmed most of his responses because usually the questions and/or answers annoy/embarrass me, so I totally missed this. Hilarious.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Chasity said:

I feel like David would only give away the KC stuff. If we want info on the rest of the cast, Katie seems like she would give it all away. 

I don't like her... But I would actually pay to read a tell-all book by her. 

I think JB is one of the least likely to tell all after the end of Arrow. I know that he likes to tell his funny BTS stories, but he is very professional. I'm pretty sure I've never heard him say anything negative about his previous cast mates. He seems to know the business quite well. 

3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Great question.  I think he feels that he apologized in his way, though you’re right, he never said the actual words “I’m sorry.”

tumblr_nbrw92SIKI1qdlubpo6_500.jpg

'He's apologised in his own way.' WTF does that mean. I swear these writers have no understanding of how actual conversations work.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, doesntworkonwood said:

'He's apologised in his own way.' WTF does that mean. I swear these writers have no understanding of how actual conversations work.

Seriously. People in relationships - romantic or otherwise (Supernatural) - use the words "I'm sorry" when they're apologzing Gah. 

Edited by bethy
Because the Arrow writers are not alone in not understanding how conversations and relationships work
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, doesntworkonwood said:

LOL. Oliver actually said the words "I'm sorry" to Alex and I'm pretty sure he said it to Diggle too. Literally everyone but Felicity, the woman he was going to marry.

But sure, he said it in "his own way." LOL. Idiots! All of them!

Cute pic! Guess the only one he didn't want to take a solo pic with was EBR. Hmm. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Guest

That pic is super cute, but boy is he the king of Passive-Aggressive Land.

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:
Cute pic. Guess the only one he didn't want to take a solo pic with was EBR. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eh, apparently. Maybe they hate each other, haha.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, looptab said:

Eh, apparently. Maybe they hate each other, haha.

Oh yeah. SO much hatred between those two. ;P

This pic is the equivalent of his "So there." Haha.

41 minutes ago, looptab said:

26 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

This pic is the equivalent of his "So there." Haha.

I think I must have missed something. *confused*

• Love 6

The "So there" happened at the beginning of the year. It was a post about his wife / marriage, if I remember correctly.

The timing on the picture with Willa is funny because a couple of days ago several people "questioned" him about his episode 100th album on facebook (not many pictures, with so little different people). This is one of the nicer asks:

dan.JPG

Edited by Lily-n11
  • Love 2

Poster dude's not wrong. SA has posted shots with Caity, Katie, David and now Willa. There was that OTA pic that the official CW account never RT'd but no photo of just him and Emily. Says something, IMO.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, bethy said:

Seriously. People in relationships - romantic or otherwise (Supernatural) - use the words "I'm sorry" when they're apologzing Gah. 

Edited 3 hours ago by bethy. Reason:

Contrary to popular opinion, the words "I'm sorry" have actually passed both Sam and Dean's lips in legitimate apologies. Not often but it has happened.  If the Winchesters can do it, I have hope for Oliver. :)

• Love 4

Oliver HAS apologized to Felicity in the past about other things. But I'm not holding my breath for this one because saying sorry would be, in the writers' minds IMO, tantamount to admitting how badly they screwed up this arc. It's them that can't apologize, really.

• Love 15
53 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Oliver HAS apologized to Felicity in the past about other things. But I'm not holding my breath for this one because saying sorry would be, in the writers' minds IMO, tantamount to admitting how badly they screwed up this arc. It's them that can't apologize, really.

And the really frustrating thing is having him apologize would have gone a long way towards actually repairing the mess they made. Doesn't mean Felicity had to take him back, but if he'd actually expressed remorse to her I might have come back around on his character. As it is, I pretty much can't stand Oliver, nor do I have any interest in his 'journey.'

• Love 2
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Contrary to popular opinion, the words "I'm sorry" have actually passed both Sam and Dean's lips in legitimate apologies. Not often but it has happened.  If the Winchesters can do it, I have hope for Oliver. :)

That's fair enough. :) When this topic comes up regarding television characters, I may have rage flashbacks to seasons 8 and 9 when those words weren't said for far too long and forget that the finally remedied that. So, yeah. Hope for Oliver!

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, bethy said:

That's fair enough. :) When this topic comes up regarding television characters, I may have rage flashbacks to seasons 8 and 9 when those words weren't said for far too long and forget that the finally remedied that. So, yeah. Hope for Oliver!

Heh. I wasn't even thinking of later seasons. I was thinking of s4 and s5. But, yeah I think Oliver will eventually say I'm sorry for excluding Felicity.