Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

They can not be on social media. They can get verified and use the special verified app that only shows replies from verified people. They can block/mute a whole plethora of things on Twitter. They read the comments because they want to.

I'm not 100% sure about how Time Warner and its subsidiaries are handling this, but I think they're at the very least strongly encouraged to be on Twitter. Media conglomerates that I shall call V and C and D are now including this in contracts, even for some minor projects (like authorized coloring books). 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, quarks said:

I'm not 100% sure about how Time Warner and its subsidiaries are handling this, but I think they're at the very least strongly encouraged to be on Twitter. Media conglomerates that I shall call V and C and D are now including this in contracts, even for some minor projects (like authorized coloring books). 

I know. My local huge media conglomerate makes everyone even remotely related to working on any of their platforms join Twitter. Then their PR machine makes sure to get them verified, so they can get access to the verified app and not have to deal with ~peasants unless they want to. They even set up *video classes* for the verified folk to learn how to use the app.

• Love 1

I am really getting sick of Celebrities/writers/etc using "there are real world issues" excuse whenever they are called out by others for something they said or did. Like there was real world issues when you said what you said too. 

• Love 6
(edited)

IDK, after that writer mocking O/F fans, I've kind of lost all interest in giving a shit tbh. *Drama queen exit w. hair flip*

Edited by Guest

Wasn't Sokolowski the one who was going "yay Olicity" with the writer who had left the show a while ago, Jake something?

Social media is like playing with fire -- it's fun, and then it gets out of control and you get burned.  Or maybe it's more like alcohol or drugs. it's recreational and then somehow it's suddenly too much and you do stupid things.  And the internet is notorious for misinterpreting people.

I use fandom to get me away from the real world. And then I use the real world to give me back a perspective on fandom.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not offended by his tweets, but the BTS folks (apart from Bam, it seems) honestly make positive fan interaction on social media seem like rocket science. Why make fun of anyone who has an investment in your show? Whether it's people tweeting Olicity or people upset about Laurel or shippers of other ships...like, you got people invested enough in something you wrote/created that they talk about it amongst themselves/with others, and you basically say, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, you're too invested now. Real life stuff is more important!" Like you're completely oblivious to the fact that the world you've created is escapist for people, and you think your audience is too stupid to be invested in fiction and care about non-fictional things. 

Why are most of the people involved with running this show such a damn mess? 

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Wasn't Sokolowski the one who was going "yay Olicity" with the writer who had left the show a while ago, Jake something?

Yes, and he was probably making fun of shippers then too. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 13

Here I keep thinking that there are actual little people who live in my tv and act out stories for my amusement. Thanks for letting me know that's not accurate, Ben! (Especially with the advent of flat panel tvs...I was WORRIED about those little people.)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Belinea said:

They probably know that nobody will be happy and they are now just making the show for themselves. Meaning they don't care about opinions other than their own. Or maybe they still have a bruised ego.

Basically, this is what I believe as a guarantee about the show and their beliefs. They are writing Arrow for them and frankly do not care about what others think. Until they become sensitive and then they have bruised egos. Their little baby is not getting the response they want. As much as people love it, there are still other shows getting more attention. Their pet plots are not winning over the audience. And as much as I think they appreciate the fandom, their passive-aggressive relationship with the fandom I think fuels their frustration and their inspiration. It's a double edge sword and they can't help but poke the beast a little bit.

I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the show to the best of my ability. Hopefully what I want lines up with what the writers want. They have made it pretty clear that what they want rules supreme, unless the Network trumps them and I don't think the Network really cares that much about the show anymore. Arrow is self-sustaining itself right now.

• Love 1

John Rogers of Leverage is pretty much the only show runner/writer who has never let me down (and I didn't really follow him that closely during the run.  David Kemper of Farscape wasn't too bad.  But hey, writing can be thankless, ego-thumping work at the best of time, and throwing it into the narcissistic blender that is Hollywood does it no favors.  Dude is probably chuckling at all the commentary over his single tweet while he waits to be doled an episode.

• Love 1
(edited)

Another recap of last month's SHC2 in Paris...

SHC2: THE FLASH/ARROW PANEL & HIGHLIGHTS!
Posted on 19 July, 2016 by Tanavi P 
http://www.fanisma.com/2016/07/shc2-the-flasharrow-panel-highlights/

Q: Who makes the best blooper reel on set?

Willa first replies John Barrowman to which EBR agrees “absolutely!” Then Willa changes her mind to Emily who responds “absolutely not!”

WH (to EBR): Any time your butt gets slapped it’s fantastic; its ended up on a few bloopers, which Emily can’t deny.
Q: what is your best memory on set?

EBR: Amanda Poorbutt (laughs) which goes hand in hand with ‘Felicia force’ which was also my favourite moment on set! Emily explains KC said the latter  instead of the police force and substituted the former for Nanda Parbat.

EBR to WH: what’s your favourite moment?
WH: any time I get to slap your butt?
EBR: correct answer
The ladies subsequently spotted some peanut M&Ms and indulged. There was a lot of discussion about how to translate the next question but KC got the gist as ‘what did a fan give you or do for you that was most surprising or magnificent’?

WH: I think the best present I got given were my little ‘petite merde’ pins

KC: Someone here gave me a Black Canary minion!

EBR: I have a hat that says Smoak on it that Katie took right out of my hands…

KC: It’s in my hotel room and I did steal it I’m sorry…

EBR: Also Ophelia paraphernalia who’s my dog so thank you for that

WH: Also these M&Ms!

RC: (In a hilarious teen voice) Umm I like my fan books and I like my chocolates and I like my frame that I got, and I like all the little hearts that I got, I like the bats that I got and I like the swans that I got.
Q: What is your favourite food?

EBR: M&Ms

KC: Pizza

EBR: Burgers, french fries…

WH: Burgers, french fries, ketchup, pizza, anything with lard!

SVS: Donuts, scotch and Mexican food

DR: Probably lasagne and whisky

RC: Melba pudding and fries, at the same time

TS: Nachos milkshakes and mochi!

WH: Can I also say whatever’s gluten free I’m allergic too
Q: In the game ‘kiss/ marry/ kill’ who’d you kiss who’d marry & who’d you kill – you can choose from both shows’ characters ?

RC: I hate this one, because I’d kill so many people (laughing)! Well I’m just gonna start because I’m totally unprepared. I’d of course marry Laurel, and I’d have to kill Barry because he steals the limelight from me all the time! I would kiss umm…Emily Bett Rickards.

As the crowd goes wild he corrects “I totally mean Felicity”.
KC: I would kill Damien Darkh. This is gonna sound a little creepy – I would marry Quentin Lance. I would not only kiss but make out with Felicity Smoak.

EBR: I would marry Laurel Lance, I would go back in time to kill Eddie (laughs) and I would…oh there’s so many… I’d kiss Thea, she’s so cute.

WH: I’d kill Slade because why the hell hasn’t it been done already  – I mean guys come on! He’s obviously not gonna stay in his cell, let’s just end it! Marry…that’s difficult. It’s weird but I’d probably make out with you [EBR]. I’d probably marry Roy Harper.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Apparently tv superhero costumes will be on display, and collectible postcards will be sold, at SDCC...

Warner Bros. Comic Con Booth Details: Autographs, Costumes and Collectibles 0
BY REBECCA MURRAY ON JULY 20, 2016
http://www.showbizjunkies.com/news/warner-bros-2016-comic-con-booth-schedule/

While the presence of Super Heroes at the Warner Bros. Booth is not an unprecedented event, for the first time ever, all three costumes for Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl from their respective series on The CW will be on display for fans to measure up against.

All three costumes were initially conceived and created by three-time Oscar®-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood. In Season Four of Arrow and Season Two of The Flash, series costume designer Maya Mani made some modifications to the two Super Hero costumes. In addition to the authentic production costumes, each of the super suits is modeled on a life-sized 3-D rendering, created from laser body scans of series stars Stephen Amell (Arrow), Grant Gustin (The Flash) and Melissa Benoist (Supergirl).
Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing has created an exclusive set of “Wish You Were Here” collectible postcards based on Warner Bros. Television series for fans to share with their friends — or keep for themselves!

Created as a limited printing, these exclusive cards come in two versions: the first set contains 13 postcards featuring WBTV’s hottest returning series — including The 100, Arrow, Blindspot, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Gotham, iZOMBIE, Lucifer, The Originals, Supergirl, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! and The Vampire Diaries. In addition, postcards will be available for titles making their debut at Comic-Con 2016, including Animaniacs Live, Frequency, Justice League Action, People of Earth, Powerless, Riverdale and Time After Time.

Featuring series artwork on the front, the postcard backs all include custom Comic-Con messaging from each of the shows.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

As someone who is going to be glued to Zachary Levi's panel (and will be watching SA's), I would just literally jump for joy if I could see EBR and Zac chat on the same panel.  (Can you tell I'm a big Zac Levi fan?)

Edited by BumpSetSpike
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, BumpSetSpike said:

As someone who is going to be glued to Zachary Levi's panel (and will be watching SA's), I would just literally jump for joy if I could see EBR and Zac chat on the same panel.  (Can you tell I'm a big Zac Levi fan?)

She just followed him on twitter :') That itself makes me emotional haha

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4
(edited)

And he was asked about writing, not directing. Seems like a pretty odd answer to the specific question. I wonder if he's even read the episodes Bam is/has directed, or seen snippets, or just likes Bamford that much?

Edited by AyChihuahua
14 minutes ago, tv echo said:

More DR replies to tweeted questions...

Just want to clarify David's "en route" reply was to the question "Are you headed to Vancouver?" (that tweet was deleted).

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Is it possible he's only read the first two episodes so far? Both of those are directed by Bamford.

But the writing is totally separate from the directing. I'm thinking he just likes Bamford's work so much, but he's thinking more about past seasons? Is DR even in these first two episodes?

I was thinking he could have maybe filmed something in LA, but the beard throws me off. Men are not allowed to grow beards in the military (with very few health/religious exceptions). I know, believe me I know, that the show is not realistic about that stuff, but I think the no-beard rule in the U.S. Army is sufficiently well-known that even Arrow would probably follow it.

(edited)

I think he is simply referring to the first two episodes.

Spoiler

Anyway DR's presence/absence in the first two episodes is a spoiler, shouldn't we move this convo in the Spoilers thread? 

Edited by looptab
3 hours ago, way2interested said:

DR hinted that he's keeping the beard for a little bit for the show so far, but that doesn't really hint at anything either way.

I wonder if they will let Coleman keep his facial hair and thereby that will allow Dig to keep his. Before it felt like only SA was allowed to have facial hair.  Maybe s5 is a facial hair season. Fingers crossed :)

They love their BamBam! I wonder if he just sets a a really funny and good mood on set. I certainly don't understand it, if we are just looking at his work. But it is what it is.

• Love 1

Stephen getting added to Conan and probably accepting the MTV Ship of the Year award, DR on the fan favorites panel, EBR suddenly interacting with Zachary Levi who runs the Nerd HQ panels. All really nice things, IMO.

• Love 8
(edited)
25 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Stephen getting added to Conan and probably accepting the MTV Ship of the Year award, DR on the fan favorites panel, EBR suddenly interacting with Zachary Levi who runs the Nerd HQ panels. All really nice things, IMO.

It was a joke.  Clearly my sarcasm wasn't coming across re: the fact that anything Arrow can't exist without involving the CW's favorite shows/stars who aren't named Stephen Amell.  I wasn't talking about all of those things you mentioned.

Edited by NumberCruncher
(edited)

Looks like EBR may not be at SDCC til Saturday. Previous tweets say that Stephen, Echo, and Willa are headed there right now. 

Edited by HighHopes
fixed the link.

A bit more clarification, that person doesn't know Emily's schedule and is making assumptions. All she knows is that David and Emily are working today. Plus David has a panel tomorrow so he has to be there, and it's definitely possible him and Emily will go to SDCC together. 

What does this mean for the Nerd HQ panel? Not really sure. Hopefully they make it. 

But even moreso, I hope we're getting Delicity scenes if they're the two who are left filming :)

• Love 6