Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Anyone else surprised we didn't get any social media interaction between KC and the Cast?

No IG, no twitter, no snap chat. I honestly expected something.

She was probably too busy playing catch up on missed autographs and photo ops from yesterday. There will probably be more stuff with her from the Superheroes Con in Paris, though, assuming she doesn't come down with another ailment and makes it there. EBR is going to that one.

(edited)

I know she was having extended sessions to make up for missing yesterday, but she still had that photo op with SA where she could have grabbed a selfie. The schedule was crazy for everyone but they all popped up on SM.

I'm not trying to read into it, I just thought it was odd given how much she likes to post.

Of course, this could all be mute and she does one big Facebook post. 

Edited by Chaser

At least she's wearing it while the world's under siege, so odds are good it just may end up catching fire. ? When she said it made noise, it actually made me think it's her version of S4 superhero suit. People have said they squeak and they are often impractical. The only thing it's not is leather.

• Love 1

Because Emily goes to so few cons and it's been mentioned by her co-stars that the crowds make her a little anxious, I was a bit nervous on her behalf about this con, where she had to do panels on her own and so on.  But it sounds as though she had an absolute blast and was great with the fans and the questions and went out of her way to interact as much as she could.  Despite being in such great demand (her lounges, autographs, etc. seemed to all sell out pretty quickly), she seemed to maintain high energy and engagement throughout.  I actually think she's wise to only do a few cons - it means she has more excitement and energy for the ones she does do and she doesn't get burnt out and bored.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, bijoux said:

It seems people were prohibited from recording the panels, which I find sad. There are things I would really like to see.

SPN had their Rogue Con last weekend. Video and audio clips started showing up on Tumblr towards the end of this week. I'll bet the same starts happening with this con sometime this week.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, bijoux said:

It seems people were prohibited from recording the panels, which I find sad. There are things I would really like to see.

you could take pictures but no videos. some people were sneaky but if you got caught first stike kicked you out of the panel, 2nd strike kicked you out of the event.

that was fun but my favorite was the question about Lip Sync battle which songs and who would you compete against.  

the crowd supplied Jared and Jensen as SA/DR competition. SA said OK but J&J couldn't sing country and "they are fucked if they can't sing country".  i didn't catch all of it because they were off mic but EBR asked SA if something like "do they really love country" and he responded yeah, "both from Texas", to which EBR kind of did an "ohhhh" and sad shake of her head.

Then EBR got worked up like a fighter, muttering to herself that "she didn't think about the competition". it was cute she kind of hopped around the stage like a fighter psyching themselves up for a match.

EBR said her songs would be Maroon 5, anything from Songs about Jane and then said she'd take Fanta as her competition and Fanta would kick her ass because she's that good.

DR said they (DR/SA) would sing Ebony and Ivory...then the tech crew started to play the song and DR/SA sang a bit. DR cut it short because SA said he only knew the SNL lyrics.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

the crowd supplied Jared and Jensen as SA/DR competition. SA said OK but J&J couldn't sing country and "they are fucked if they can't sing country"

LOL Oh please. SA you are just afraid of J2. Jensen can sing and I'm pretty sure he can sing country. But SA might beat them on showtunes(that darn JB influence!) SA is so hilariously competitive.

2 hours ago, Chaser said:

I know she was having extended sessions to make up for missing yesterday, but she still had that photo op with SA where she could have grabbed a selfie. The schedule was crazy for everyone but they all popped up on SM.

I'm not trying to read into it, I just thought it was odd given how much she likes to post.

Of course, this could all be mute and she does one big Facebook post. 

I wasn't expecting the extended sessions - that might have been the one good thing COH2 did. 

The funny thing is we were all expecting a lovefest and instead there were those great David Ramsey's moments, haha.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

you could take pictures but no videos. some people were sneaky but if you got caught first stike kicked you out of the panel, 2nd strike kicked you out of the event.

Is that usually enforced so strictly at cons? Because I didn't get that impression seeing as we (I think) always get recordings of entire panels.

@theacostov, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

11 minutes ago, theacostov said:

Amy Gumenick looks remarkably like both KC and EBR mixed together. 

Don't give up hope, Cupid! With just the right mind altering drug he could be yours!

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, tv echo said:

More fan tweets from COH2...

I don't really understand what he's getting at here.  I assume it was meant to be "standing on her own two feet", but when has she ever not (metaphorically, obviously) stood on her own two feet?  Dating Oliver didn't take that away from her; it just added new, different dimensions to her life.  And for a while this season she was totally doing her own thing, away from the team and broken up with Oliver.  Can't get much more "on her own 2 feet" than that.

• Love 2

They can't ask him to return anyway. MG said that DC has plans for Slade WIlson and made him off limits. (Only Deathstroke with mask on is OK, I guess considering 4x20)

He's been shady and pissy about the show since he went back to do 3x14, though. I wonder what happened.

6 hours ago, Ceylon5 said:

I don't really understand what he's getting at here.  I assume it was meant to be "standing on her own two feet", but when has she ever not (metaphorically, obviously) stood on her own two feet?  Dating Oliver didn't take that away from her; it just added new, different dimensions to her life.  And for a while this season she was totally doing her own thing, away from the team and broken up with Oliver.  Can't get much more "on her own 2 feet" than that.

I'm thinking perhaps he wants her to have a company of her own. A lot of her business storylines has either been about OQ, RP and now Curtis. The only one that was all her was the board wanting to fire her. I would like to see FS stand on her own two feet and not have to prop a male storyline at the same time. I think DR has always been pro-Felicity, so I don't see it as a slight.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

He's been shady and pissy about the show since he went back to do 3x14, though. I wonder what happened.

He wasn't happy about Thea being able to fight Slade, IIRC, even though it was with Oliver's help.   I don't know if there was anything more than that.  But yeah, him throwing shade at the show is nothing new.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

He wasn't happy about Thea being able to fight Slade, IIRC, even though it was with Oliver's help.   I don't know if there was anything more than that.  But yeah, him throwing shade at the show is nothing new.

I suspected as much. He seems to be the fragile male ego type. Getting taken down by a woman not just once, but twice, must have damaged it.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

Makes him seem really insecure. Slade was depowered and idle for a year...why exactly was Thea defeating him (with help) so humiliating that Manu still can't let it go?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Makes him seem really insecure. Slade was depowered and idle for a year...why exactly was Thea defeating him (with help) so humiliating that Manu still can't let it go?

I thought Manu was always pissed off about the whole Shado nonsense as to why he wanted to kill Oliver. Didn't he say that made no sense to him

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Nice, MB, real nice. Ruin it for all of us who were pro having Slade back. :/

Yeah. :/

The more he goes on, the more unlikely it seems.

• Love 1
(edited)

To be fair, the way they bought back Slade last season was shit tbh. It was the most pointless thing. They shouldn't have bothered. Probably add that to the way MB didn't like the motivation behind his hatred of Oliver in s2, I can understand him having issues. That said, it's so unprofessional to retweet crap like this. Do this kind of thing once the show is over ffs. 

It's a shame though because I still think Slade was the best villain, crappy motivations aside. I would have liked to see him back at some point but I guess we can wave that goodbye.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 9
(edited)

Yeah I think it's that.  I forgot about him not being happy about Shado and that being his motivation.  He also said something once about thinking it was problematic having Slade threaten to kill all the women in Oliver's life.

He's not wrong on some of it.  Slade's motivations in season two were a mess.  Maybe he just doesn't care at this point? I don't know.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
(edited)

It's just so silly, bc Oliver is the hero of the show. OBVIOUSLY he's going to beat the villain. Sure there'll be battles he'll lose and setbacks and crap, but ffs the season wasn't going to end with Slade standing over Oliver's corpse. Dude, when you sign on to be the villain in a superhero show, you sign on to LOSE.

Side question: in 3.14 did Thea beat him with a little help from Oliver or did Thea AND Oliver beat him? Because Oliver beat him by himself, with a major knee injury, in 2.23, so bitching about being beaten again later, when Oliver's healthy and has help, whereas Slade's been cooped up in prison for nearly a year, is just ridiculous.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3
(edited)

I was just typing something similar to @Angel12d. I can see him having some issues with it in s2 & then s3, but it is unprofessional to retweet they way he does. Just let it go, or talk about it in a more professional tone. Retweeting angst is so passive-aggressive.

The whole Shado motivation & s3 prison break was just stupid and weakened his character. I don't read the comics, but he seemed pretty invincible and then he was taken down in the last few minutes of a filler episode? And the whole Shado thing might have worked, if they had built for that from s1 and not just all the sudden Shado love.

Honestly, as much as I loved MB & Slade in s1/2, I feel like there is not much story left to tell at this point from Slade's perspective. Perhaps his child or his organization, he is done for me unless they make him part of a team-up. But I think it's too soon for an ARGUS prisoners Villain team-up, perhaps in later seasons when they actually get some bigger names in Argus prison. Like an ALL-STAR Villian/BIG bad season in s6 or s7, especially when we no longer have to be prisoner to the flashbacks.

Edited by kismet
spacing
  • Love 1

It's just a fictional character and since MB is older than five years old he should be able to let it go without so much drama. Also he was the villain of the year and they are telling Oliver's story. It was obvious Oliver was going to defeat Slade at the end of the season, like he defeated Ra's and will defeat DD. MM is the only one who is lasting longer because he is Oliver's nemesis and because the EP and network can't let JB go.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, kismet said:

I was just typing something similar to @Angel12d. I can see him having some issues with it in s2 & then s3, but it is unprofessional to retweet they way he does. Just let it go, or talk about it in a more professional tone. Retweeting angst is so passive-aggressive.

The whole Shado motivation & s3 prison break was just stupid and weakened his character. I don't read the comics, but he seemed pretty invincible and then he was taken down in the last few minutes of a filler episode? And the whole Shado thing might have worked, if they had built for that from s1 and not just all the sudden Shado love.

Honestly, as much as I loved MB & Slade in s1/2, I feel like there is not much story left to tell at this point from Slade's perspective. Perhaps his child or his organization, he is done for me unless they make him part of a team-up. But I think it's too soon for an ARGUS prisoners Villain team-up, perhaps in later seasons when they actually get some bigger names in Argus prison. Like an ALL-STAR Villian/BIG bad season in s6 or s7, especially when we no longer have to be prisoner to the flashbacks.

I think if they had never made Shado his motivation there was a butt-ton more to be done with his character. They could have extended his arc and given him like real ARGUS motivations.They could bring him back now and make it that he's lost even more of his mind because he's been in some kind of solitary confinement on the Island that made him even more cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. Malcolm could bust him out of the prison and they join up against Oliver. I'd be down for that for s5

(edited)

I think in comics 2.5, Slade alluded that his motivations were not just about Shado but something more when he said to Oliver, "You're the one who still thinks this is about Shado" and went on to talk about how he knows everything about Oliver's past including Hong Kong and Russia and after that and how those sins will turn up in Star City and Oliver will pay for his crimes - they were setting it up to be explored later on.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, NumberCruncher said:

LOL...oh the fragile egos.  Get over yourselves, actors.  It's a bigger paycheck than a lot of people will ever see.

It makes me irrationally angry that actors/writers would do something stupid like this and risk losing another chance to get back on the show to get a paycheck while other people (who need said paycheck more)  would BEG to have a chance like these actors/writers get (I'm also looking at Gail and Kevin).

I hate, hate, hate, unprofessionalism. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1