Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

No, KC didn't say that. Her answer was that they liked all the characters equally. Then CL added that she liked Felicity, because she's funny and the show's so dark it's nice to have someone to make you laugh. KC interrupted (she did that A LOT) and said, kind of suggestively "We all know I like Emily". To no response from either the audience or CL and PB. It was so awkward. PB immediately launched into a tangent about how great DD/NM is.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 7

No, KC didn't say that. Her answer was that they liked all the characters equally. Then CL added that she liked Felicity, because she's funny and the show's so dark it's nice to have someone to make you laugh. KC interrupted (she did that A LOT) and said, kind of suggestively "We all know I like Emily". To no response from either the audience or CL and PB. It was so awkward.

I'm not there, so I have no idea.  Seems like kind of a weird thing to misunderstand, though.

Has NM ever had a role that resulted in con appearances?  He's been a successful working actor for years, but I wonder if this is his first con?  He seriously looks to be having a fabulous time.

Anyone know what this is about? I don't understand it.

I was reading the tweets. Apparently someone mentioned EBR is on Facebook now. He said he didn't know and pulled out his phone to find her but couldn't in the search. He said he would talk to her and they would do Facebook. I guess a video or something, I'm not sure.

I'm not there, so I have no idea. Seems like kind of a weird thing to misunderstand, though.

Has NM ever had a role that resulted in con appearances? He's been a successful working actor for years, but I wonder if this is his first con? He seriously looks to be having a fabulous time.

I know; I just wanted to clarify because I was at the panel. I saw the tweet you sourced from. I'm no fan of KC, but she has enough public appearance issues without adding stuff that didn't happen. That Lance family panel, though. So dysfunctional, and not in a fun way. Oh, and no stunts, unless you count John Barrowman crashing the panel and mooning everyone on the way out. And then getting on this trampoline contraption near the panel area and distracting everyone.

As for NM, I imagine he might have gone/been invited to cons after playing Dumdum in Captain America

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 7

I know; I just wanted to clarify. I saw the tweet you sourced from. I'm no fan of KC, but she has enough public appearance issues without adding stuff that didn't happen. That Lance family panel, though. So dysfunctional, and not in a fun way.

As for NM, I imagine he might have gone/been invited to cons after playing Dumdum in Captain America

Could you recap the panel for us?

I bet SA was so hurt EBR didn't ask for his Facebook guidance. Lol

Caity wants Nyssa and Sara Flashbacks and Katie wants Laurel and Nyssa.

https://twitter.com/TheFlashPodcast/status/668217504255217664

I heard most of the questions were for Paul.

No Katie. No.

• Love 2

Could you recap the panel for us?

I bet SA was so hurt EBR didn't ask for his Facebook guidance. Lol

No Katie. No.

I recorded (voice only) the Arrow-relevant parts of the panel. I'll try to listen and take some notes. (Got some downtime before the Nocking Point party.) I can confirm that Paul and Caity got most of the questions. KC only got one directed to just her. And that the audience was strangely subdued. The biggest reaction was when JB showed up. Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5

What could they flash back to?  The two weeks Nyssa trained her?

Perhaps they went on other culinary escapades discovering more of the world of sweet & salty. Perhaps they dipped pretzels in chocolate. Explored how to salt caramels. Personally I dip my french fries in honey, so maybe they discovered that secret. The world was clearly their oyster for those 2 weeks. Imagine the possibilities.... And in this season maybe they will tackle the mystery of umami.

• Love 9

I recorded (voice only) the Arrow-relevant parts of the panel. I'll try to listen and take some notes. (Got some downtime before the Nocking Point party.) I can confirm that Paul and Caity got most of the questions. KC only got one directed to just her. And that the audience was strangely subdued. The biggest reaction was when JB showed up.

Thanks, it would be interesting to her the perspective of someone there... HAVE FUN at the Party!

• Love 2

Hence LL & Nyssa on a mission to discover the mystery of Umami the 5th taste!! It's a clearly under appreciated journey that needs some expertise. Actually it might dovetail with OQ's new culinary expertise. I can see it know Team Arrow takes down the Culinary World one dish at a time. :)

Top Chef Meets American Ninja Warrior

Edited by kismet

The Flash podcast twitter posted a video clip from the Lance's panel where CL mentions wanting Nyssa/Sara and KC wants Laurel/Nyssa. CL says "I didn't know that was a thing." LOL. Same. 

Haha. Except they gave a lot more screentime to Laurel and her new gay BFF then they ever did to Sara and Nyssa's relationship. You only got their sex scene if you read the stupid 2.5 comics. 

I loved the Caity and David fighting sequences. Caity looked so tiny standing next to David but she was fierce with that high kick. David's armbar was awesome as well. 

As for KC being late again for her autographs and photo ops, one time is forgivable, a second time is just plain rude and disrespectful to the fans. She arrived with everyone else, if they can be there she has no excuses. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

It's weird, because I think KC is fairly awful, but I also feel a bit bad for her.  She's not the LI anymore, she's the budget BC, and the girl who first took her BC spot is now getting a spinoff.  Most of the media attention goes to OTA, Olicity, and EBR (SA too, obviously, but that was pretty expected).  It has to be tough on her.

• Love 3

Decided to go after all. PB was hysterical and KC was even more awkward than usual with her poorly timed interjections, although to be fair, it seemed that PB and CL were sometimes predisposed to misunderstand her. JB briefly crashed the Lance Family panel and proceeded to fall on his ass when he was running off. He then distracted the audience with his antics on this bungee bouncer thingie behind us.

This is the only con I've attended (other than SDCC which I used to attend for work) so I was surprised at how "small" it was. We ended up sitting next to a Walker Stalker employee who said that SA and the Walker Stalker founder (who moderated) were really concerned about ticket sales but at the end it "just about met expectations."

VZ6F95A.jpg

Phq28Ha.jpg

XE4EWyW.jpg

hefkHuI.jpg

zqMiA2U.jpg

Edited by dcinmb
  • Love 7

Decided to go after all. PB was hysterical and KC was even more awkward than usual with her poorly timed interjections, although to be fair, it seemed that PB and CL were sometimes predisposed to misunderstand her. JB briefly crashed the Lance Family panel and proceeded to fall on his ass when he was running off. He then distracted the audience with his antics on this bungie bouncer thingie behind us.

This is the only con I've attended (other than SDCC which I used to attend for work) so I was surprised at how "small" it was. We ended up sitting next to a Walker Stalker employee who said that SA and the Walker Stalker founder (who moderated) were really concerned about ticket sales but at the end it "just about met expectations."

I'm under the impression that this was a very small, start up convention. They hardly have any guests at all, really.

Did they fly there today or yesterday?

They flew down today. The lady who was handling David Ramsey came over to explain to us the reason David was late for autographs was because he fell asleep in his room because they had a 6am flight. 

• Love 4

Everyone that we met today was so incredibly nice. Barrowman stopped to talk to my girls as he was walking the floor (after doing the zipline lol), Neal and Paul gave every fan loads of time, Caity was just adorable, and Stephen and David interacting with my kids was so cute I could die.

P.S. Paul is hot in person y'all. H. O. T. And I am not usually a silver fox kind of girl.

• Love 19

Posting part of the panel for now. Don't want to kill my phone battery too much. Don't know how much of this has been posted elsewhere, so might be repetitive:

- Lance family panel started with KC apologizing for making odd faces and talking funny b/c she ate a peppermint right before going on stage. PB teased her for it a little bit

- Questioner loves the female friendships on the shows and asks CL and KC what scenes they'd like to see between Sara and Kendra or Felicity and Laurel

KC didn't understand the question. CL rephrased it and talked about how she really liked the Thea/Sara/Laurel fight in 406. (KC agreed, although she was confused about which ep the fight was in) CL thought the fight was cool and believable and liked that the women were actually fighting and not just posing like Charlie's Angels. KC talked about how great the casting of women is for both shows (Arrow+Flash) because everyone is great offscreen and supportive of each other.

-Q: what would Lance and Donna do when they go on a double date with Oliver/Felicity and who would pay the bill?

PB was totally distracted with arranging his rhino tshirt on the table and must have missed most of the question because he went on a rant about how Lance hasn't been laid in 5 years and he's going to be sensitive (yuck!) KC tried to answer part of the question about who would pay the bill ("Felicity") and really confused PB. There's more awkward back and forth while KC tried to explain to him that some of them have talked about their characters day jobs and that the consensus was that Felicity had the most money. PB finally got it after more explaining.

- Q: Was CL surprised at the fan reaction to Sara's death?

CL rephrased the question and called it Sara's brutal and senseless murder. She was happy about the reaction in that she was glad to hear people were sad or shocked and not just "Meh! Bye Felicia!" KC interrupted and told a story about how someone at the con gave her a mug that said "bye Felicia" on it. CL literally responded with "OK" and turned back to the questioner to elaborate on her answer. KC interrupted again, acting affronted that CL had dismissed her story. At this point, JB showed up on stage and hijacked the panel by dancing around everyone and exiting while mooning the audience. PB yelled out to him and tells him to go play on the bungee/trampoline contraption opposite from the panel area. 5 minutes later, JB distracted everyone again because he's jumping and flipping on the bungee thing.

They flew down today. The lady who was handling David Ramsey came over to explain to us the reason David was late for autographs was because he fell asleep in his room because they had a 6am flight.

SA was at the con signing autographs at 9:45, then went straight to photo ops, and then back to autographs. Then his panel, and back to autographs. Unreal.
  • Love 21

I love how the cast gets along. Barrowman really needs his own reality show.

I've been saying this for years! But I think his husband would just lose his mind LOL. BTW IMO his husband, Scott, is better looking than JB. 

I kinda wish Barrowman hadn't chosen that exact moment to interrupt, though. I really wanted to hear from Caity about the reaction to Sara's death, because it sounded like she had more to say about it.

From your description, it sounded like Barrowman had a timely interruption that kept something regrettable from being said. 

• Love 4

From your description, it sounded like Barrowman had a timely interruption that kept something regrettable from being said.

Barrowman can be overbearing but watching all the con panels from his Torchwood days, that man is nobody's fool. He seems to generally know his audience and is adept at gauging when questions and answers are getting borderline spoilery or problematic for the cast. I mean that poor guy had to try and answer all the questions about .....Ianto.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he knew exactly what he was doing to keep things from going too far sideways for his fellow castmates via his shenanigans.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 9

Was it just the Arrow/Flash/LoT shows?  There was something at Stephen's panel where it seemed like he and the mod had been the ones to organize this just for them.

splitsunshine asked:
    You understand how much hype and anticipation surrounds Felicity's father storyline right? We've been waiting for this for 3 years. We need more than a simple 1-3 episode arc or something. We need you guys to deliver. The latest teases are rather worrisome because you've been claiming to have been working on it for the longest time yet according to Wendy you're just "now figuring him out". This is a huge storyline for Felicity and I hope that you guys do it justice.

Duly noted.

I feel optimistic when MG says "duly noted" because it usually means that not only are they aware of this but it's something that they're going to do.

Personally I dip my french fries in honey, so maybe they discovered that secret.

When I was a kid, the Kentucky Fried Chicken meals came with a small container of honey to dip the french fries in .  MMmmmmmm.

Nocking Point party was OK. I was really disappointed there was no Q&A. SA was hardly on stage at all; he spent the whole party mingling. (Trying to, anyway. Basically there was one group of fans that followed him around for most of the night. It was kind of frustrating for the rest of us that wanted to get a word in edgewise.) NM, JB, PB, Robbie Amell, and Bamford were at the party. Willa was only there for the very beginning. NM basically stole the show with his harmonica playing and gave a great speech about how this was his first con experience (SA talked him into joining) and he was really nervous, but he had such a great time because all the fans were so welcoming.

• Love 12

NM is winning Con. 

He really did. He was super nice and friendly to everyone. He, also, won the Nocking Point party because he busted out his mad harmonica skills and played with the band (Brother Sal). My sister got a video of part of his harmonica-playing, I think, but she's knocked out from all the alcohol already. Lol. I'll see if I can upload it, if no one does though I'm sure someone will 'cause most people whipped out their phones once NM got started. He really got that crowd going a lot. NM is a seriously cool guy.

Has NM ever had a role that resulted in con appearances?  He's been a successful working actor for years, but I wonder if this is his first con?  He seriously looks to be having a fabulous time.

He said this is his first con, actually. SA convinced him to do it. He mentioned that he was really nervous about the whole comic con things but he's been having a really great time.

• Love 9

From what I can tell, SDCC is very structured and keeps the stars a good distance away from crowds. She would've had a bad time at this one, at least in the autograph booths. Very close quarters. Good for fans, not so great for someone that doesn't like being crowded.

• Love 8

Nocking Point party was OK. I was really disappointed there was no Q&A. SA was hardly on stage at all; he spent the whole party mingling. (Trying to, anyway. Basically there was one group of fans that followed him around for most of the night. It was kind of frustrating for the rest of us that wanted to get a word in edgewise.) NM, JB, PB, Robbie Amell, and Bamford were at the party. Willa was only there for the very beginning. NM basically stole the show with his harmonica playing and gave a great speech about how this was his first con experience (SA talked him into joining) and he was really nervous, but he had such a great time because all the fans were so welcoming.

Ugh, people can be really inconsiderate. NM sounds precious. I wish we could keep him!

• Love 1

As someone who also tends to get panicky in large crowds/noisy areas, I can easily relate to EBR for that and understand why she wouldn't want to go to them. As much as I would love to see her at a con (because her perspective on Felicity/the show is always amazing) I respect her choice to not go to them- for whatever reason she has. 

• Love 14