Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

All true but the guy is 46.  Jessica De Gouw is 27 and Amy Gumenick is 29.  I too have crushes on characters young enough to be my offspring but I don't admit it in public.

I'm glad that Quentin Lance will be less antagonistic toward Oliver next season though.

Yep, still not a flattering photo.

Maybe she reread the fine print or got the restrictions lifted. Or maybe she just forgot? Maybe cuz she is not bending over its not officially the "Canary Cry". Are there other trademark moves attached to the "Canary Cry".

• Love 1

Maybe she's contractually allowed in months ending in an R? No wait, she did it in May at the Philly Con...hmm.

Hmm,.... may be only in odd number months? Wasn't the other convention in August when she was not allowed to do it for contractually reasons?

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

Why not?

That's what she claimed in August when asked to do it. Hmm.

Philly Wizard World May (below)

852809111wwp4.jpg

Hmm. Now, what could make it contractual prohibited in August but not in May and September? I think we need a lawyer to help sort this out.

Oh wait, I'm an idiot. Dragon*Con was in September too. Now, I'm really at a loss to figure this out.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

I wonder what the poor fan that she said no to thinks of these pics.

And her legs are really skinny. She needs to add some leg days to her workout. 

Don't hold your breath on the legs getting more muscular or larger. KC to me seems like someone who would be into the whole Thigh Gap rage & skinny legs with her love of Fashion.

That's what she claimed in August when asked to do it. Hmm.

Philly Wizard World May (below)

852809111wwp4.jpg

Hmm. Now, what could make it contractual prohibited in August but not in May and September? I think we need a lawyer to help sort this out.

Oh wait, I'm an idiot. Dragon*Con was in September too. Now, I'm really at a loss to figure this out.

She's even slightly bending in this photo, so not even that is a rationale for not doing it. Maybe its a state thing. You know how some products can't be shipped out of state to other states. Maybe there is a list of cons or states/countries that she is allowed to perform it in pictures.

But seriously, I think she just does it when she wants to and uses the "contractual" excuse when she doesn't want to do it.

Edited by kismet

lol I always thought she says contractual reasons for not doing the canary cry pose because she knows how dumb it looks in photos.It doesn't even look good on the show in full costume and with the sound effects.Can't say that I would blame her if she just didn't want to do it.

• Love 3

I can't see the Con having rules like that, I can maybe/kind of understand the studio having an issue with it if I give her the benefit of the doubt.

It just sounds like she didn't feel like doing it so was looking for an reason. 'Contractual' sounds like a go-to phrase for her recently. IIRC she said she couldn't talk about S4 due to 'Contractual reasons.' Which, yeah SPOILERS. But I thought it was an odd why to avoid answering.

ETA because I meant couldn't not could

Edited by 10Eleven12

I can't see the Con having rules like that, I can maybe/kind of understand the studio having an issue with it if I give her the benefit of the doubt.

It just sounds like she didn't feel like doing it so was looking for an reason. 'Contractual' sounds like a go-to phrase for her recently. IIRC she said she could talk about S4 due to 'Contractual reasons.' Which, yeah SPOILERS. But I thought it was an odd why to avoid answering.

She said it at THIS con...

Oh then that IS confusing...

She said at Baltimore Comic Con that she couldn't talk about S4 because of contracts. At Dragon Con she said she couldn't do the Canary Cry because contracts.

Ironically enough she talked about S4 at D*C....

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Morrigan2575

She said at Baltimore Comic Con that she couldn't talk about S4 because of contracts. At Dragon Con she said she couldn't do the Canary Cry because contracts.

Ironically enough she talked about S4 at D*C....

Sorry for the confusion.

I would deliberately misquote and say "The irony is strong with this one." if I believed for one moment that the irony was actually grasped...

OMG! top left pic... are those.. no can't be.. wrinkles on KC! she actually has some forehead expression wrinkles.. (and I don't mean the ones above her nose, but actual forehead wrinkles).. that's news okay, I don't think she had a single one through the past two seasons.

I'm being mean I know, but I just came off a conversation with an insensitive woman who thinks its a poor woman fault for getting pregnant and having the baby instead of using birth control pills.. and I need something not so aggravating to talk about.

Also as a 29 with a shit ton of deep forehead expression wrinkles, it brings me great joy to know there are others (EBR) like me who experience them as a young age (mine became super noticeable in my early 20's) :-) nice to know i'm not alone.

Edited by foreverevolving

VIdeo of portion of KC's panel at Baltimore Comic Con on Sep. 27, 2015 (warning: spoilery)...

Baltimore Comic Con: Kate Cassidy
Published on Sep 28, 2015, by Fangirl Review

Edited by tv echo

I found this really interesting (discussion from TV writers' perspective, MG does talk a little about Arrow and LoT)...

Podcast of Nerdist Writers Panel on August 23, 2015, hosted by Ben Blacker, with Marc Guggenheim (co-creator, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow), Corinne Marshall (School of Rock; Surviving Jack; creator, KC Undercover), Evan Bleiweiss (Rosewood; Matador; The Shield), and Laura Valdivia (Hot and Bothered; Weird Loners; Ben & Kate)

Tue, 29 September 2015 (recorded August 23, 2015)
http://nerdistwriters.libsyn.com/guggenheim
(click on "nwp222_guggenheim.mp3" to listen) (length is 1:30:40)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I expect Sara's LOT story will be Lance story just like Laurel's is Lance story on Arrow. The show has the sisters super linked even though they aren't close. Even JB when talking about about his season 4 story (and implied he would appear on other shows) he called them the Canary sisters. 

I don't think Sara's story on LoT will be a Lance story. I think they will have too much going on for that. LoT is a true ensemble show where most of the scenes I've heard involve everyone. The Lance story will take place on Arrow. If anything Laurel will drop by for a short visit or to "help" out for an ep (the "" are there since I don't feel she can add anything. Sara's far past her in terms of skill) 

• Love 3

The Canary Sisters sounds like a corny traveling folk group from the 70s, not some badass martial artists. But now I really want them to have to go undercover as some singing/folk duo in LoT or maybe that musical crossover a lot of us want.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 3

Well I don't think the characters will have much personal story. It will be mission oriented and character growth from that. But as much as Sara will have personal I think it will be Lance. Plus the emotion of whatever is happening with Nyssa ( :( )

I don't think Sara's story on LoT will be a Lance story. I think they will have too much going on for that. LoT is a true ensemble show where most of the scenes I've heard involve everyone. The Lance story will take place on Arrow. If anything Laurel will drop by for a short visit or to "help" out for an ep (the "" are there since I don't feel she can add anything. Sara's far past her in terms of skill) 

The Canary sisters is such a corny name but ever since JB called them that it's been stuck in my head. And Maybe now that Comic Black Carnay is a singer Our "Canary sisters" can do the White Chirstmas Haynes "Sisters" song :p

The Canary Sisters sounds like a corny traveling folk group from the 70s, not some badass martial artists. But now I really want them to have to go undercover as some singing/folk duo in LoT or maybe that musical crossover a lot of us want.

• Love 2

The Canary sisters is such a corny name but ever since JB called them that it's been stuck in my head. And Maybe now that Comic Black Carnay is a singer Our "Canary sisters" can do the White Chirstmas Haynes "Sisters" song :p

There's the perfect META song for the Canary Sisters!! Job well done, Congrats :)

• Love 1

I'm hoping that Malcolm calls them that in a sneery, sarcastic manner.  Much like Quentin coined "Black Canary" in a sneery, sarcastic manner. I hate they took that great line in which IMO Quentin was right to say and spun that into being the 'hero Black Canary'.

/off to the bitterness thread

• Love 3

It'll probably be Sara and the Hawks. And it probably will start on Arrow. KC probably just got the script for the Cross over and anything she did the first episode of LOT which is doing or just done it's 2 part premiere. So it's recent in her head. 

I wonder who would train on the spin-off though if it isn't Sara. Everyone else isn't really skilled in hand 2 hand combat.

Edited by tarotx