Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

“Moving in together will be one of the cute discussions in S4, I know it. We spent all summer together, Lets take the next step” — Stephen Amell

Source

“We spent all summer together. Let’s take the next step.” — EBR on Olicity

Source

• Love 9

Yeah...they do. It happens all over which is fine, but if you're still bringing it up 4 seasons later on a show that has deviated from the comic books from the very first pilot episode and then continued to do so for 3 solid seasons, then I feel my annoyance is justified.

Its really time to let it go already. It seems like they're not even watching the show so it doesn't matter to them that Oliver in the show would never wear a goatee,a sleeveless suit,be funny and sarcastic in the way they want of ever call Laurel pretty bird.

This is the part that makes me point and laugh at the comic book canon-thumpers a lot. Don't they realize the person at DC responsible for approving EVERYTHING they use from the comics is in the Flash writers room?

I've seen posts like DC must be so pissed at what they're doing.Like DC doesn't approve every single thing on DC shows and movies.

• Love 1

I guess the alternative is to have Oliver and Felicity move in with Thea. 

Yeah, that's probably a little too much togetherness. 

About this surprise or twist we find out about Felicity in the first episode, I wouldn't be surprised if she's been helping Diggle and Co behind Oliver's back. 

• Love 7

I feel like I'm missing something--is it because KC is glaringly absent from that list?  If so, that's not cool.  (I'm not even her fan)

Yeah, that's terrible. Is it possible she wasn't at this interview for whatever reason?

(edited)

But comics people saying respect the source lost me at how they treated/treat Sara. She is a perfect respecting the source Black Canary with everything needed except for the Dinah name. That's how I know a huge huge chunk of these people are Laurel fans. I'm ok with Laurel fans wanting things for their girl but be honest.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 9

I think the GATV guy has been the only one who's been publicly salty about Felicity and Olicity this season so it's not really a far off leap to speculate that it's him. Plus he has access as well... I'm more certain that the questions to EBR is from him more than I am about the comic canon one though. 

(edited)

That's how I know a huge huge chunk of these people are Laurel fans. I'm ok with Laurel fans wanting things for their girl but be honest.

Honestly, I think they're mostly KC fans who want her to be the BC AND the romantic lead. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7
(edited)

I think Blastr recorded it, but the person that asked those questions was sitting at the other end of the table, so it could've been GATV. Blastr and GATV could have been in the same group of press going around asking questions. I think that's how they do it.

Edited by AnyoneButYou
  • Love 2

Wow can't believe they forgot her lol.She probably just wasn't there.Were not so lucky to take this as a sign for season 4.I thought it was gonna be a huge push of BC promotion,but not so far.They called Sara BC like five times.

Honestly, I think they're mostly KC fans who want her to be the BC AND the romantic lead. 

And a lot of them hate Oliver but still want them together.At this point its not even about the ship,there's nothing to ship there.

I think Blastr recorded it, but the person that asked those questions was sitting at the other end of the table, so it could've been GATV. Blastr and GATV could have been in the same group of press going around asking questions. I think that's how they do it.

Pretty much. Except the actors move tables while the press is stationary. From what I've seen, usually 3-4 reporters to a table.
  • Love 1
(edited)

Do we know for sure this interviewer was Craig from GATV?

My question as well. Before I rag on Craig, I'd like to make sure I throw my shade at the right source. It wouldn't surprise me at all, though, because he's a dick irl - well, to be fair, my last contact with him was several years ago. Perhaps he's changed - anything's possible. Apparently, his online persona hasn't though. 

One of my favorite heroes in Cap 2: Winter Soldier was the tech guy who refused to launch the helicarriers. He was as much a hero to me as Black Widow and Falcon. It's insulting to insinuate that Felicity isn't a hero because she's not physically engaging with bad guys. And then there's the fact that she has done that on more than one occasion. I have more feelings about this then I thought. 

To be more positive, wonder what's going to be revealed by SA at 8ish on Facebook, tonight?

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 11

From the interviews they are giving about the future of Olicity I'm hearing some spin.  In some it sounds like full steam ahead everything is A OK and then in this one it really sounds like they are working hard to make it sound like it's in question.  I get the impression that there is a fear that if they don't make the relationship a bit up in the air, then people won't find it interesting. 

If it is the GATV guy, I think it's sad that someone who makes a living in front of a computer thinks doesn't consider a tech-oriented character capable of heroics unless she wears a costume and fights physically.

• Love 5

From comments Wendy Mericle made on the IGN interview, it seems like the twist with Felicity might be her figuring out how to bring Ray back from the "dead." She said Felicity has a hand in bringing Ray "back to the show." 

Hopefully the twist isn't about freaking Ray, but I'm guessing it will be.

Wendy also said that they're trying to figure out where to fit Felicity's dad into the scope of things, and that now that they have DD and some other villains coming in (that will be announced tonight), they're trying to figure out how to work dad in, so it sounds like it's not DD, thank god.

• Love 8

Yeah, she did say that if he comes in, it might not be until the end of the season. Could be she's trying to throw a curveball?

Not sure if she's throwing curveball or not. But if he does not come into play until the end perhaps they can be setting up s5 & Bratva. Honestly, I can easily see Donna with a mobster more so than a HIVE leader. But perhaps its just a curveball. I'm still craving a finale cliffhanger so I might just be wishful thinking.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm ok with Laurel fans wanting things for their girl but be honest.

I agree. They want the best for their favorite, I understand that.

I also understand the comic book purists, in a way. I'm a huge A.Christie fan and the latest "adaptation" of her works (the later seasons especially) has me foaming at the mouth, LOL. Difference: it was supposed to be rather faithful, so I was disappointed.

With Arrow, the audience was warned that it was a "realistic" reinvention from the start -I remember seeing comic fans declaring they wouldn't watch because there would be no superpowers and so- and it was obvious from the pilot that the characters wouldn't be the same. I get 100% those who boycott the show because they don't like the principle behind it, and would prefer something corresponding to their favorite canon. OTOH, I have trouble to get people wanting pianos to be guitars.

Is the white board picture published on the official site for the show? If so, I'm certain it is because KC wasn't at the interview in question. If not, it's so not cool.

Unless...with her LoT comment, maybe they anticipated and Laurel is eventually moving to the spinoff? *dreams*

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2

Not sure if she's throwing curveball or not. But if he does not come into play until the end perhaps they can be setting up s5 & Bratva. Honestly, I can easily see Donna with a mobster more so than a HIVE leader. But perhaps its just a curveball. I'm still craving a finale cliffhanger so I might just be wishful thinking.

After watching the IGN interview with SA, EBR and Wendy Mericle, I don't think she was throwing a curveball. 

I won't lie. I'm going to be so disappointed if Felicity's father gets pushed back.

I do appreciate David and Stephen bringing up Felicity's Dad. I understand why Emily is keeping quiet on the storyline given the history, but it's nice to see. I am a little concerned about David though. He seemed confident in Felicity's Dad, but this makes me question what he has said in the past.

I don't think we know yet what the origin of that whiteboard was, but I don't think anyone associated with the show was involved with it, because they would know better than to call it "The Arrow." So it's kind of crappy for KC (assuming she was even present for whatever that was), but it's not like her own show or fellow cast/crew forgetting about her, and I'm sure when the show's Twitter person retweeted it, he/she didn't check for every name beforehand.

(edited)

KC tweeted earlier she got hacked. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone lose their verified sign from that though. She's been hacked a lot lately ever since she started gaining all those "followers."

Edited by AnyoneButYou
  • Love 3

Is there a link to the IGN interview?  The livestream had passed by the time I saw the link.  Is there a better way to find all these interviews in real time?  I feel like I'm always playing catch up, though I'm constantly refreshing this forum and tumblr.  I thought they were doing their panel earlier, but it must be later.  What will be the best way to catch that?