Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I'm tired of getting pissed every time a new promo comes out. They're focusing on costumes (because if it were masks Captain Cold won't be there. Unless they're counting the goggles as masks) so fine, whatever. I'm a bit more outraged that the Arrow is behind The Flash. Fine, he's your golden boy, the one bringing in the ratings, but damnit, show the mothership some freakin' respect OK. At least give Arrow equal placement, instead of sticking him behind The Flash. 

Here's a slightly different version of the poster:

CJbzc9NWsAEl4Lh.jpg

Well now, I like that much better, LOL! Still a crappy Photoshop job, but hey, at least Arrow is front and center.

• Love 5
(edited)

Arrow constantly getting the short end of the promo stick reminds me of the joke I saw on tumblr:

Greg Bertlanti: I love all my shows! Supergirl, Flash... ::looks at smudged writing on hand:: Hawkeye?

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 12

The elevator one is better, but WHAT IS RAY DOING? His face, his body. Yikes.

That's his hand, right? Looks like he's trying to steal your soul or rip your heart out. Electrocution works as well. Either way, there's our hero. /unimpressed

• Love 1

That's his hand, right? Looks like he's trying to steal your soul or rip your heart out. Electrocution works as well. Either way, there's our hero. /unimpressed

He will electrocute us and leave us convulsing in a puddle.

• Love 2

Ok, I know a lot of people here have been on the Hate the Fight Club promo train for a long time, but I think this is the first time I've seriously decided to buy a ticket. That's not saying I liked it before - I thought it was stupid and ugly. But now that they're continuing to use it as a major part of their marketing past that particular lapse in judgement around the TCAs? I'm seriously getting annoyed. Not only does it exclude every major character on Arrow other than Oliver and Laurel (ugh), it excludes every single character on Flash other than Barry. And why are characters like Captain Cold being pushed to the front while Sara and Kendra are an afterthought in the background? Agggghh.

• Love 11

Is anyone else preparing themselves to be disappointed this SDCC?

I'm anticipating Arrow getting the short end of the stick. And very little on Diggle and Felicity.

I hope I'm wrong.

• Love 2

I don't think we get any good info from the big panels anyway. I'm hoping for interesting tibits from the actor interviews, since it looks like everyone will be there on time this year (EBR, KC, and CL missed the interview sessions last year)

I know I am going to regret asking these questions, but:

1. Why are all the unmasked people just STANDING in the flames? YOU PEOPLE ARE ON FIRE! RUN, PEOPLE, RUN!

2. Is Quentin's big plot this season going to be figuring out what happened to his legs?

• Love 13

DrSpaceman10 has the best icon. Lol

If all they are going to do is photoshop they should get the fans involved. Some of the fanart out there would put these 'professionals' to shame.

Bright side, at least all of them are there.

• Love 7
(edited)

Oh my.

It's terrible, but my first thought was.....why is Laurel carrying a big gun?

ETA: I know it's Oliver's arrows, not a gun, but it seriously took me a few minutes staring at it to figure that out. * facepalm*

Edited by Starfish35

That Arrow poster is better, and by better, I mean at least Arrow's front and center. So, it's .00021% better than that other atrocity. Other than that, let me mention how much I hate that JB's there. Like the guy, not the character. 

Fans can, have, and do make better promotional material, and that's crap. The CW has a marketing budget. Use it and hire competent graphic designers. 

• Love 3

Diggle's head also looks angled oddly.

Honestly, if the CW didn't want to spend any money on a new poster, they should've held a contest and given away an Arrow figurine or something as a prize. I've seen better submissions to SA's fanart Fridays and meme Mondays.

• Love 10

So is this the season four poster do you think? Or just a ComicCon poster?

I really hope it's just the comic con poster because this poster is just dreadful...

I'm betting that the Flash one will be 5000x better than this one

Good Lord, even my 13-year-old niece can create a better Arrow poster. I sinceriously hope that's not the official one for S4, just something they rushed for SDCC. I guess it's got "bright" going for it, though. Is this what MG meant when he said the season is going to be lighter? Don't get what they're trying to say with this poster, though, if they even have a theme. What the hell are those flames for?

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow that poster is terrible. What is with the weird blue sky? And why are all the masks on one side and the non masked on the other? Are they intentionally setting up some kind of divide or are they just that dumb?

And it's a minor quibble but no I don't like how Diggle is not next to Oliver. He should be where Laurel is. Sorry not sorry.

Is anyone else preparing themselves to be disappointed this SDCC?

I'm anticipating Arrow getting the short end of the stick. And very little on Diggle and Felicity.

I hope I'm wrong.

I have low expectations. Last year was great for Olicity and very exciting but I'm not expecting anything this year. Especially with how season 3 turned out. I'm prepared for lots of Laurel hype and baby mama drama news. Ugh.

Edited by Guest

So I know it's weird, but in a poster where 4 people are in costume, one's legs are missing/on-fire and another has his head at a 180-degree angle, my biggest problem is Felicity seems to be going to a 4th of July parade. She's wandered in from a completely different show. It's really odd. I really hope this is not the Season 4 poster. Good Lord.

• Love 8

The poster is weird...Shouldn't Laurel be somewhat connect to Quentin, who is finally on a poster! The blue sky and the fire is weird. Felicity's outfit is weird (and again, if you want to promote a show the girl cannot wear her glasses) And isn't Oliver's outfit outdated? I thought the show was done with this particular outfit?

And regarding the costumes...Is that Sara's costume?

I think the CW just has some lazy-ass promo monkey graphics people.  They literally used s4 or s5 headshots of Jared and Jensen for the comic con swag bag.  Jeebus...

• Love 1

I wonder if they tried to alternate the masks and non-masked people and it just looked too strange so they opted for costumes on the right and normal people on the left.

But then, isn't Diggle getting a costume too?

And after my fi-ehem-ftieth viewing of the David Does The Salmon Ladder video... am I the only one analyzing it for background info?  Is this the start of the new lair set?  Because OF COURSE the salmon ladder is relocated/remade.  The blue tool/weapons chest is the same.  Or do we think this was recorded during set teardown after season three wrapped?  Please, someone ask about it at ComiCon?

• Love 2
(edited)

The poster is weird...Shouldn't Laurel be somewhat connect to Quentin, who is finally on a poster! The blue sky and the fire is weird. Felicity's outfit is weird (and again, if you want to promote a show the girl cannot wear her glasses) And isn't Oliver's outfit outdated? I thought the show was done with this particular outfit?

And regarding the costumes...Is that Sara's costume?

I think they're all retired costumes/props, because Roy's is there too. And I think the 4th one is a League of Assassins suit.

Edited by lemotomato

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed Felicity's outfit. What an odd choice - it clashes with everything else on the poster.

It's better than last year, but that's not saying much. Why don't they ever put her in one of the outfits she wears on the show? I don't get it. She's the only one who always looks completely different on the posters than she actually does in the show, for three years running now if this really is the official season four poster (and I'm betting it is).

• Love 5
(edited)

As concepts go, if we have to have one that doesn't have Diggle and Felicity flanking him, I understand putting the costumes as one part of Oliver and the real people as the other part  but Malcolm is a grade A bad dude and Quentin currently hates him. 

In an ideal poster I would have Oliver or the Arrow, don't care which front and center then Diggle and Felicity flanking him followed by Thea behind Felicity and Laurel behind Diggle and then their respective fathers behind them.  Or just drop the V formation and go back to what they did in the season two poster with related groups of characters kind of together.  I really wouldn't be surprised if this is it for the Season 4 promo poster at least until after a new costume is revealed.

Felicity's outfit is weird

It is sooo weird.  I can just handle the hair and no glasses - they do this to me every year, but when have we ever seen Felicity in any outfit that looked remotely like that? 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yes, this Monday, I know, but production/sets must already be in the works.  I do agree that last season is more likely and this was timed to drop during ComiCon, but... I just really want to know what the new lair set-up will be. :)

Thanks, SmallScreenDiva & lemotomato.  You are, no doubt, correct.

Edited by TrueMyth
(edited)

Felicity's photo is from late season 1 or early season 2, I think. It's the same outfit Emily wears in a CW promo with David and Stephen, the one with just the three of them and they're sort of mugging for the camera? So that's a really old photo they're recycling again. God, I hope they do an actual photoshoot for the cast before Season 4 starts.

This is not the promo but a BTS

a0bb697c00ef311a6ef3c73686f5e568.jpg

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 4

And after my fi-ehem-ftieth viewing of the David Does The Salmon Ladder video... am I the only one analyzing it for background info?  Is this the start of the new lair set?  Because OF COURSE the salmon ladder is relocated/remade.  The blue tool/weapons chest is the same.  Or do we think this was recorded during set teardown after season three wrapped?  Please, someone ask about it at ComiCon?

It looks like the salmon ladder in Ray's office from last season.

• Love 1

It's the same outfit Emily wears in a CW promo with David and Stephen, the one with just the three of them and they're sort of mugging for the camera?

I don't think I ever saw that one.