Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

I really liked Ryan and Annie as a couple before he lost his memory and became a giant tool. She had a sweetness and toughness to her that worked well balancing his caveman Neanderthal side. Annie became my favourite character and I still think MCE should have won an Emmy for her performance as CrazyAnnie.

• Love 2

I could not stand Kendall in either of her incarnations.  Starting with SMG in the part, it was an insult to longtime viewers for Erica to suddenly have a child that young when we all knew how long the show had been on and how old Erica was.  And Alicia Minshew was like nails on a chalkboard to me.

The character was poorly conceived from the get go.

• Love 1

And I thought I was the only one who had no love for Kendall! She was an annoying brat in the beginning. More tolerable at the end.

Greenlee was just annoying. Never liked her. Didn't miss her when she was off the show. Her and Ryan were insufferable and unwatchable.

Susan Lucci. Worse actress ever. Erica was so one dimensional. There was so many possibilities the writers could have done with that character. Liked the finale when Jack left. Hope he left and never comes back. He deserved better.

• Love 1

I hated Kendall and all of the Kane women. Never really jumped on the "poor pitiful Bianca" bandwagon either. She had a few good episodes but Eden Regel never really did it for me. And "Zendall" was the WORST pairing ever. It even tops Greenlee/Ryan to me. I hated how it was always shoved down our throats and the fandom didn't really help with that. Every forum for AMC I tried was just overrun with Zendall shippers who never wanted to be civil. It was always "hate everything not Zendall related." Bah. 

Still LOVED Greenlee through the end, even though the writers tried their best to destroy her character in favor of precious Kendall. And the writers can shove it, LEO was her true love not that POS Ryan. I could tolerate Ryan if and when he wasn't connected to Greenlee. I didn't mind him with Annie but I didn't start really liking Annie until she went nuts. 

I also liked Alexa Havins too. It took a looong time for me to warm up to Babe but I always liked the actress. She could really pull off the "watery eyes" at the drop of a hat. Better than most of the vets on the show. 

I think there was a lot of wasted potential with Annie/JR. I know MCE wanted to jump ship before it got any worse and I don't blame her, but I wish the writers had taken advantage of the situation before that happened. Having JR with Babe's long lost "twin" was so stupid and a little creepy. Plus the actress was the dullest girl I've ever seen. The writing sucked for her but she just constantly looked confused. 

• Love 2

I never thought I'd find anyone else who hated Susan Lucci's acting! In interviews, Susan seems more or less just like Erica. Sure, she has a different personality and a far different set of motivations in life, but in terms of her line delivery, body movements (that head shaking thing she does), and so on, Susan = Erica, for all intents and purposes. She seems like a kind, likable person, and she obviously has found a wonderful way to balance aging and um, not-aging, shall we say -- she must be doing SOMETHING but she has avoided scary Botox face -- and she is fine for the job she does, but there may have been a reason she didn't win that Emmy for so long.

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not but I hated it when the show replaced the original classic opening/closing theme from the 1970s/80s.  I always thought that original theme captured perfectly what All My Children was all about.

• Love 3

I'm pulling this thread out of the grave to say that I didn't care for Leo and Greenlee.  I didn't hate them, they just never grabbed my attention. To add another unpopular opinion to that, I absoultely loved Ryan and Greenlee together. I guess because Leo and Greenlee never made much of an impact on me, I was open to seeing Greenlee with someone else.  Too bad the writers felt the need to make Ryan the biggest tool on the planet throughout most of their relationship.

I pretty much echo others thoughts on the Kane women.  I had been watching AMC since I was little so I think I got used to Susan Lucci and her portrayal of Erica Kane, but she definitely was just playing herself towards the end.  Strangely enough though, I've seen almost all of Susan Lucci's TV movies from the 90's and I love them. lol  I think those movies were made before the "Erica" really set into Susan Lucci and she was able to stretch a bit as an actress.

I couldn't stand Kendall, especially during really emotional scenes where she had to cry.  She would do this thing where she would yell and kind of scrunch her face, but nothing would come out.  It annoyed me so much. 

As for Bianca...I actually don't have an opinion about her one way or the other although I think I preferred the original actress who played her as an adult than the one who took over towards the end of the shows run.

I agree I liked Ryan with Gillian. It hated him with a passion after she died and he just got worse each year.

I thought the name Colby was super stupid.

I didn't mind the recast of Bianca at the end and I liked her relationship with Marissa

Edited by Petunia13

My unpopular opinion is about 30 years old: I loved Cliff and Angie as a couple. The show didn't force the pairing; it grew naturally and gradually through their children's friendship. I liked Nina and Matt as well, and was disappointed when the show reunited Nina and Cliff -- again and again and again. 

I despised Brooke. She was a self-righteous, obnoxious know-it-all. 

I hated Zach with the fire of all those white-hot suns. It wasn't long after his introduction that the whole show was about him. And why did he always look like he'd just rolled out of bed?

• Love 1