Finally watched this episode. And...WTF?
1) Why'd the camera work get all wonky during the scenes of everyone finding out about Kurt getting beat up? Also, how come Rachel (or whoever) couldn't get info from the doctor because "We're not family," and then two seconds later, they came out to tell everyone the details about how Kurt was doing? I do appreciate that after the doctors finished working on Kurt, they brought in a hairstylist. Kurt's hair is one of my favorite things about this show, and I'd hate to see it out of place just because he got beat up. Also, I won't even get into how much I hated the heavy-handed lesson we all were supposed to learn. I can't even articulate how much I hate it, because I just get into a rage and my ability to use words fails me.
2) How come Mercedes' friends had an issue with Sam's race, and not that he was acting like an enormous jackass when they met him? Because, seriously, he was acting like an enormous jackass.
3) Speaking of Mercedes, my goodness I have missed Amber Riley's singing, so it's nice to have her back. Just get her the hell away from Sam.
4) I really want Funny Girl to fail. I don't care if that makes me seem like an asshole. Please tell me the writers are aware that they're making Rachel into someone we want to root against. Because if we're supposed be on Rachel's side, they are telling the wrong story.
5) I cannot tell you how much I love that a) Kurt is getting more songs, and b) Chris Colfer is singing in his lower register. CC is basically my favorite thing on this show, and I just love his voice so, so much.
6) Hands down, my favorite thing was Burt Hummel, mouthing the words while Kurt sang. In fact, that might be my favorite thing that has ever happened on this show, ever. Mike O'Malley is simply the greatest.