Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

Be careful what you ask for. We have Nina, Dr. O, Ava, and Hayden, and none of those women are successful villains.

Shit, I wrote villanous instead of villainess. :facepalm:

• Love 2

RC can't really write vixenish grey hat characters because he thinks first-degree murder and conspiring to murder a legacy character can be redeemed by a baby and dumb cancer

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

Ava was a villain till she got the Corinthos all over her. Now she's just ...... I don't know.

Perhaps not amazingly, I have to defend Ava a bit. If it wasn't for the show's insane insistence that mobular (or moobular, take your pick) Sonny is an irresistible sex god, every woman for the past  *watch check * age and a half wouldn't have had to take a turn on the Greaseball Express. Hell, the only one who hasn't "enjoyed" Sonny's favors is Tracy, and that's likely just because MoRon doesn't want to do anything with a Quartermaine unless he's killing them off. I liked Ava and Morgan, but then she had to be thrown in Sonny's direction.

• Love 2

Perhaps not amazingly, I have to defend Ava a bit. If it wasn't for the show's insane insistence that mobular (or moobular, take your pick) Sonny is an irresistible sex god, every woman for the past  *watch check * age and a half wouldn't have had to take a turn on the Greaseball Express. Hell, the only one who hasn't "enjoyed" Sonny's favors is Tracy, and that's likely just because MoRon doesn't want to do anything with a Quartermaine unless he's killing them off. I liked Ava and Morgan, but then she had to be thrown in Sonny's direction.

I'm afraid to type it out but . . . . [whisper]neither has Anna[/whisper]. Let's hope it stays that way.

• Love 7

Yeah, but as much as I liked Morgan and Ava...... I really hated those lame ass "wuv woo" "miss woo" scenes where they'd text each other. I feel like Ava should have had a lady Machete moment and thrown a drink in Morgan's face, took his phone and dropped it in another drink, then kissed him, slapped him, and left the room saying "Ava Jerome does not text."

And then you know there's the fact that anyone in a scene with Kannie was cursed.

• Love 3

Yeah, but as much as I liked Morgan and Ava...... I really hated those lame ass "wuv woo" "miss woo" scenes where they'd text each other. I feel like Ava should have had a lady Machete moment and thrown a drink in Morgan's face, took his phone and dropped it in another drink, then kissed him, slapped him, and left the room saying "Ava Jerome does not text."

My UO is that I actually liked the schmoopy stuff with Morgan and Ava. If I wanted to watch a solipsistic user who only deals with people when there's something in it for her, I can see one of those every time Carly shows her face. `

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 5

Yeah, but as much as I liked Morgan and Ava...... I really hated those lame ass "wuv woo" "miss woo" scenes where they'd text each other.

I liked her loving him, but the line was crossed when Ron began writing them like Romeo and Juliet, as he does with every couple he writes for.

This was unbearable and was the moment when Ava became useless to me.

• Love 2

I thought Morgan and Ava was gross. He went straight from daughter to mother and they never akcnowledged his mommy issues. Ava was way too motherly towards him. It wasnt sexy at all.

• Love 4

I did, too. I miss Ava/Morgan, man. That shit was so good. RC ruins everything.

Chiming in here as usual (no surprise). I loved everything about them, the sex, the schmoopy, all of it. RC fucking RUINED them. It wasn't good writing, but I'd just revise it in my head.

I thought Morgan and Ava was gross. He went straight from daughter to mother and they never akcnowledged his mommy issues. Ava was way too motherly towards him. It wasnt sexy at all.

Mileage clearly varies. It was the sexiest thing I'd seen on this show in years, that early stuff. MW and BC just had (and still have even though they'll probably never have another scene together, as stupid as that would be) damn hot chemistry.

Which brings me to another UO, if the chem is there, I don't give a rat's ass if it makes sense or not or if it's poorly written. I'm always down for a good sex scene (and not the kind with CarSon where you want to spork out your eyes). I think as much as Nik is a horndog, and Hayden has lousy motivations, they're hot together kissing and sexing it up. *shrug*

• Love 6

They could have done so much more with, and had a lot of fun with, Ava and Morgan, but of course Ron had to make it lurve way too soon. He puts them there and then they're stuck, because there's nowhere else to go except to break up. Plot point, plot point, plot point, except what exactly was the plot? 

• Love 3

I will forever think it's weird that the writing won't let Sam try...just TRY...to contact Robin. I don't believe for a second that Sam wouldn't make that call. Or talk about making the call. To thank Robin for trying to save Jason or ask her what happened or whatever. The writers should have given the character of Sam that beat to play. I feel like it's this glaring thing that makes no sense. And should have happened before she started liking Patrick.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

Or at least asked Robin if Jason had any last words. Tbh I can see Sam doing that more. I mean, I'd want to know. Even Micheal asked Carly what AJ's real last words were (and that in that scene, CD still breaks my heart because you know he wanted it to be how much AJ loved him, not frantically telling Carly who murdered him) , so I can definitely see Sam needing to know if Jason said anything- especially about her or Danny. And Ron is robbing the audience by not showing it and the actresses from being able to play it because they would easily knock that out of the park.

• Love 2
I will forever think it's weird that the writing won't let Sam try...just TRY...to contact Robin. I don't believe for a second that Sam wouldn't make that call. Or talk about making the call. To thank Robin for trying to save Jason or ask her what happened or whatever.

and

Or at least asked Robin if Jason had any last words. Tbh I can see Sam doing that more. I mean, I'd want to know.

I know. Ron flat out refuses to deal with such obvious story beats. It's clear Sam hasn't really moved on—she wouldn't be talking about Jason/Jake 98 percent of the time if she had—so why not show her struggling with it all now that Jason's ring has been found? Sam could have Spin trying to find out if there are any surviving computer files at Crichton Clark.

KMc doesn't need to be around for any of this. But for some insane reason, Ron won't deal with Robin unless KMc is there, but then he completely whiffs it anyway.

• Love 5

The obvious thing to do would be for Helena to have brainwashed Robin into forgetting about Jason and into not wanting Patrick or to return to PC (in case being there triggered Jason memories).

Then Robin could actually be free and enjoying Paris and Skyping with Emma all the live long day and having Emma come visit. With no memory as to why she doesn't care about Jason or her marriage anymore. Sam would beg her for info and Robin would just say "huh? Oh, yeah, I tried and it didn't work, I'm very sorry." Et viola, the story makes tons more sense now and the gross constant kidnapping is no longer a factor.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 5

Random, but I think the theory that ABC purposefully wants Ron and Frank to tank GH is absurd. They have no fear of cancelling GH. If they wanted to cancel, they would. It still makes them some money, so they keep it on, but I'm sure they will yank it the moment it doesn't/they find a cheaper replacement. And I doubt Ron and Frank would get some secret pay day if they purposefully tanked GH.

Now, that they (as in ABC people, not Frank and Ron) don't particularly care to improve it or particularly care to STOP it from turning into shit/being cancelled, that I can buy.

I agree but I will say ... I do wonder sometimes. Often the writers choose a horrible, not even interesting way to continue the story - when at least 3 better options are staring them in the face. Practically jumping up and down and yelling "Choose me as a plot point! I make sense!"

Sometimes I'm like "oh, that's so obviously terrible and stupid it has to be deliberate."

• Love 5

I think Jason was just supposed to do the Fluke bs hitman blah nonsense. Robin was, I guess, to keep them alive forever, as she can revive the dead. Dumb plan, Helena. Your magic doctor has HIV. You don't have medical treatment for her, she's under stress (which is probably, definitely making her sick), and you are keeping a woman with HIV where? In a fluffy hotel room? Or a dungeon? That's the dumbest part. In reality, with Robin's illness, with all the stress that kidnapping, electroshock, being stalked, almost killed many times.... she should be near death or at least hospitalized. She shouldn't be reviving the dead all "Haaay Jason!" If Jason and Robin are such valuable resources, then damn. Treat them as such.

Edited by Grrpants09
  • Love 1
she should be near death or at least hospitalized.

In a lot of ways, the show has wasted Robin's HIV+ status. They had to make her basically healthy in order for the character to continue in a meaningful way, but Robin has had few to no side effects of taking her meds for so long. I don't need to see her in ICU every other month, but it would be nice if she had some setbacks every now and then, or her health status made it impossible for her to do something she really wanted to do.

It's too bad KMc being gone means we won't get a story like that, or one where Robin's meds need rejigging because they aren't as effective or are affecting her in a negative way now.

• Love 5

In a lot of ways, the show has wasted Robin's HIV+ status. They had to make her basically healthy in order for the character to continue in a meaningful way, but Robin has had few to no side effects of taking her meds for so long. I don't need to see her in ICU every other month, but it would be nice if she had some setbacks every now and then, or her health status made it impossible for her to do something she really wanted to do.

I agree, but I didn't think it was treated egregiously until Ron and his never ending kidnapping story came along. How nice for all her kidnappers to shell out for her meds.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Exactly. And, I mean, dude, she is dying. She will and can die from HIV. What if there's a complication? Wouldn't Helena/Victor/Whomever just want the magic trick she does to revive the dead? Just have her train a doctor on their pay roll? I could see if Helena said that, rather than "Nah Robin we can't jog Jason's perfect brain." Really? That's the best excuse? Because Jason has had so many blows to the head, he should be drooling in the corner getting life and reading lessons from Morgan. In actuality, Jason is the last person who should have a gun. Not because he's The Bestest Hit Man Ever, but because he's probably so mentally incapacitated that he can't tie his shoes.

• Love 1
I so hate the way she is blackmailing Jordan

I hate this, too, but on the other hand, Jordan leaving at this point is really dumb. As Anna asked, what is Jordan going to tell Shawn? And will she just quit working for Duke? And then do what, be a waitress at Kelly's?

Maybe Jordan and Jakeson can start a support group for unwilling undercover operatives.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Anna is one of my fav tv characters of all time, but even I have to admit that the current crappily written version is frustrating. My reaction to her now is mostly affection for FH.

Actually, even at her best back in the day, I could see why she might not be everyone's cup of tea. I loved her, but I could see how she might annoy some viewers.

I miss when the characters were dynamic and multi-faceted. Now it just seems like a gray mush of bumbling nonentities v. over the top psychos.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 5

Jordan also doesn't have the same kind of back-up or protection she had as a DEA agent. She's much more vulnerable working for Anna and I don't blame her for wanting out - I blame her for wanting out for horrible ass Shawn

• Love 5

Anna isn't exactly using smarts here, either. She wants an almost literal smoking gun, which is highly unlikely, especially in PC.

Ugh, this story is exasperatingly dumb.

another one for the t-shirts!

• Love 1

I thought Anna was a federal agent now. If Jordan is working for her, why wouldn't she have the protection of the Feds?

I find the Shawn (Sean?) actor attractive. Shame that the character is such a dud. In the fan fic in my head, he would've become a WSB sleeper agent. He could work for Sean Donnelly, who would be running the WSB again and cleaning it up. "The Seans" would work together and pal around with Robert and it would be adorable.

• Love 3

Very few people here would consider finding Sean Blakemore attractive a UO. He is gorgeous, and a decent actor. It's his character that drags him down so much. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 8