Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

Sam to Julian: Moving in together would be a real statement. I mean, we would actually be a family, the four of us.

She said it earlier this week. Of course it was followed by more Jason talk.

isn't it a bit irresponsible of Sam and Patrick to tell their kids that they're a "family" now after only dating for a couple months?

How else is Ron going to ramp up the angst when the Jakeson reveal happens? Ugh, it's all so obvious.

• Love 2
(edited)

How else is Ron going to ramp up the angst when the Jakeson reveal happens? Ugh, it's all so obvious.

It's not only obvious, but it's an overload of messy angst. Liz/Jason/Ric/Hayden/Sam/Patrick. I mean, seriously!?

I would include Robin, but she's such a non-factor. It's sad when Sam and Emma talk about her more than Patrick and Anna do.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Age the damn children. I remember when Victoria and Nick Newman went to boarding school for like a day and came back old enough to be in college. It's soap law. Children don't belong on soaps. They're props. I hate kid actors. Unless they're props.

No I don't have children nor do I intend to. I'm getting an iguana.

• Love 4
(edited)

My UO is that I don't think Liz/BH looks too young to have a teenager. I wouldn't mind seeing Cameron SORASed to 13-15.

Same. BH is certainly old enough to have even a 16 year old child, so I think aging Cameron to 14 or 15 would be fine.

I think they need to age all the kids. A soap doesn't need children in front burner stories, but it does need teens, IMO, and GH has virtually none.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
(edited)

Same. BH is certainly old enough to have even a 16 year old child, so I think aging Cameron to 14 or 15 would be fine.

Yeah. When I go back and watch clips from 1996, Genie Francis seems so young (she was 34, 4 years younger than Becky is now), and they gave her friggin 23 year old Tyler as a son. They could definitely get away with it with Becky at this point.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

Agreed. In fact, BH's oldest son in real life is almost a teenager himself now!* Granted, Becky was relatively young when she married and started having children, but still. 

*Becky's oldest son, Ethan, was born on Halloween 2001, which means he'll be 13 this year. That pregnancy was hidden on the show, as Liz was barely out of high school and still working at Kelly's. 

If she had him Halloween 2001, he'd already be 13, turning 14 this year.  

**smacks forehead** I've always been bad at math! ;) Fixed. And it only proves my point, too. And her daughter Ella's not far behind, either (she'll be 11 on April 12th). 

• Love 2

**smacks forehead** I've always been bad at math! ;) Fixed. And it only proves my point, too. And her daughter Ella's not far behind, either (she'll be 11 on April 12th). 

It jumped out at me right away because my son was born in 2002, and I'm already dreading that he's going to be a teen this year. Where did my baby go??

• Love 2

I don't know if this really qualifies as "unpopular," but it's definitely not Current Episodes, so I'm putting it here. I am sick to death of the extra excuses and head-patting RH gets when his performances are crap. The fact that he did well playing a (well-written) character (with extra-ordinarily talented co-stars) twenty years ago has nothing to do with this show or this character or this performance. I don't understand all the excuses. "Well, he was Todd..." Yes, he was. A really long time ago, on another show, with other co-stars and other writers. He's an actor for God's sake. He should be able to do more than "be Todd." Now he's Franco, on GH, and he's turning in crappy performances. He didn't exactly set the world on fire on ATWT (or as Todd on OLTL after the late 90s) either. If he were any other actor, he'd be evaluated on his merits here in this role today. But instead he gets special dispensation from the soap press and everyone else who wants to pretend he's still "great." I can't take it anymore. *deep breaths* Ok, I feel better.

He's been getting excuses for godawful performances for 20 years now. If Franco weren't such a completely pointless, unbearable character, he'd probably be getting a lot more. I never thought he'd play a role that makes his Paul Ryan seem like a daytime icon, but he's done it. 

• Love 8

That would work if Cameron hadn't been involved in this asinine kiddie love quadrangle for so long.   But it would just be so weird at this point for Cam to suddenly be so much older than Emma and Joss.

Also, Liz still looks too young to have a teen son.   Just send hee kids off to be rarely seen and never heard, and just trotted out for holidays.  

BH has a son who is 14 in real life and she looks like a woman in her 30s. There's no reason she can't play mom to a teen onscreen.

• Love 4

BH is goregous, but I buy her as a mom to teens. She's so mom. That's not bad. I mean, damn. Liz literally takes care of everyone. What's a couple teens?

I don't give a crap if Liz has a teen kid. But - as sad as it is since it is 2015 - once one has teen or adult long-lost kids on soaps, the parents slowly become irrelevant. See: Bobbie with Carly, Alexis (for a long time before Julian showed up and after Ric) and Sam, and even though Carly is still present, she only seems to exist to hold Sonny's hand and growl at those she dislikes ever since Michael and Morgan were SORAS'ed.

It's dumb as adult women CAN still be vital, but my experience with soaps is, a lot of writers miss the memo. Maybe it is the same fear for some Liz fans if her kids grow up now.

• Love 2

Fans today will never know the beauty of scenes like Bianca coming out to her mother Erica Kane on AMC, all the great Kramer women scenes (especially Blair & Starr's mother/daughter relationship ), Viki finding out Natalie is her daughter, nor any of the great Anna/Robin scenes. Instead, they'll know Spencer, the 10 year old, declaring epic love for another 10 year old, while the befuddled parents look at their phones.

• Love 6
(edited)
It's dumb as adult women CAN still be vital

Are there any adult women on GH who are vital? I'm not being snarky. I'm not sure the men are getting the longer end of this stick, either. (Heh, the joke just hit me. I'm 12.) Everyone is being written as an idiot until the plot has them not be. 

This fakakta show.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

As much as I don't think Morgan and Kiki were right or smart in their plan, I don't feel like it should be heartbreaking for Michael. He's only had Avery (another UO of mine, her damn name is Avery, this AJ crap annoys me like Spinelli) a few weeks. And I never thought he'd have permanent custody anyway. That would have been way too easy.

Like I was told when my fiance broke up with me seven weeks before the wedding and right after the out of town invites had gone out, better it happen now than several years down the road.

• Love 2
As much as I don't think Morgan and Kiki were right or smart in their plan, I don't feel like it should be heartbreaking for Michael.

Is that how it's being presented? I see Michael as still in revenge mode. He was practically hysterical in the hotel lobby when he saw Sonny. I don't mean Michael doesn't have genuine concern for Avery, but it's still more about making Sonny pay for killing AJ and lying about it. Avery is the way he can hurt Sonny.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Micheal should know better. Sonny won't care once the kid is a year old. It's a girl. Take his candy mob business. Take Carly's hotel. Take their money. Damn. Did you learn nothing from AJ? Or Edward? Hit them in the wallets, bring security, fire Alice, record your conversations, and buy Johnny's sweet penthouse.

• Love 1

Avery is the way he can hurt Sonny.

I wish he was still trying to take away his business. Sonny put a hit out on Jason when Jasus took the mob bizness away from him because he was dating Umily - taking away Sonny's power hurts him more than taking away a girl child ever would

• Love 4

Michael needs to do both. Avery hits him where it hurts immediately and in the short term (because we all know Michael won't have custody of her for much longer), but messing with the bidness is where Michael can really go to town and inflict some long-term, possibly permanent damage.

Ned should be helping Michael with this, not paying blackmail to stupid Franco.

• Love 8

He called it off but I think there was a 5-minute cliffhanger where both the audience and Jason were supposed to think Sonny was the reason Sam got shot in the baby maker

I remember it because I was so excited when Jason threatened to kill Sonny and then of course they immediately kissed and made up

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

Jason and Micheal are the only two people I think could actually kill Sonny. And I think they'd have a great defense too. Hell, even if Sonny survived and it was attempted murder, I'd watch that trial. Just get the Quartermaines a real lawyer. Imagine Carly's head exploding- especially if Jason did it or took the wrap for Micheal. The town would be torn between St. Jasus and .... Sonny.

• Love 1

If the TPTB are trying to get us to turn on Michael and cheer for Kiki, Morgan and Sonny, it's a giant fail.  They're all wrong and at the moment none of them deserve custody.  Maybe they should give custody to Ava's Mom (except I would really miss that beautiful happy baby face).  If anything had happened to Avery/AJ, it would have been Kiki and Morgan's fault for drugging Michael.  You just can't get past that fact.  Also the way they are playing their parts, at least IMO, Kiki and Morgan just come off as hateful.  They need to either pull Michael out of revenge mode and, like others have said, let him get his revenge corporately, or make Kiki and Morgan less hateful and smug.

Just sayin ...

• Love 2

If the TPTB are trying to get us to turn on Michael and cheer for Kiki, Morgan and Sonny, it's a giant fail.  They're all wrong and at the moment none of them deserve custody.

I think they want us to like/root for newly Casual Clothed, relaxed Sonny. Maybe we're supposed to feel a certain sympathy for Morgan, but there's no way we're supposed to be actively rooting him on. The writing for him has been too singleminded for that.

If the TPTB are trying to get us to turn on Michael and cheer for Kiki, Morgan and Sonny, it's a giant fail.  They're all wrong and at the moment none of them deserve custody.  Maybe they should give custody to Ava's Mom (except I would really miss that beautiful happy baby face).  If anything had happened to Avery/AJ, it would have been Kiki and Morgan's fault for drugging Michael.  You just can't get past that fact.  Also the way they are playing their parts, at least IMO, Kiki and Morgan just come off as hateful.  They need to either pull Michael out of revenge mode and, like others have said, let him get his revenge corporately, or make Kiki and Morgan less hateful and smug.

Just sayin ...

I'm not rooting for any of them. I want Avery to be given to someone who doesn't live in PC.

I don't think RP's Nathan is that good-looking. He has a great body but he's not nearly good-looking enough to make up for being such a charisma-free actor. I've also never seen him generate chemistry with a scene partner

• Love 5

I think they want us to like/root for newly Casual Clothed, relaxed Sonny.

As always.

I don't think RP's Nathan is that good-looking.

Me either. Which probably makes my love for Nathan and defense of RP even more strange to all of you.

• Love 3

He always seems like he's trying, which is more than I can say for some other cast.

ETA: I think that trying, along with his natural earnestness, can come across stiffly.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I just can't stand Maxie most of the time -- although, obviously, I'd take her over most of the psychotic freaks that populate PC these days.   So I don't care that much if she ends up with either the pretty talking tree, or that awful, horrid Spinelli.  

• Love 1

Random, but I think the theory that ABC purposefully wants Ron and Frank to tank GH is absurd. They have no fear of cancelling GH. If they wanted to cancel, they would. It still makes them some money, so they keep it on, but I'm sure they will yank it the moment it doesn't/they find a cheaper replacement. And I doubt Ron and Frank would get some secret pay day if they purposefully tanked GH.

Now, that they (as in ABC people, not Frank and Ron) don't particularly care to improve it or particularly care to STOP it from turning into shit/being cancelled, that I can buy.

• Love 9

Marcy Rylan is a bad actress. I don't know where people's sudden fond memories of her as an amazing actress came from. People vocally hated her Abby until she was fired. Her Lulu is bland. boring, and badly acted.

I've never liked KS as Maxie and think Maxie should  take some time offscreen for awhile.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1

I've never liked KS as Maxie and think Maxie should  take some time offscreen for awhile.

I only don't want this cause I'd feel bad that F****/N****/Silas are still on. But otherwise, IA. Maxie needs a long break. And maybe when she comes back, is not played like a ditz. It's time to grow out of that role.

• Love 5

You'd think that losing custody of her daughter, almost dying in child birth, almost losing Robin, being held hostage by her weird hippie boyfriend would mature Maxie a wee bit..... but she's regressed. It's kinda.... weird.

And I liked MR for a second or Emme Rylan because I confused her with another actress on GL. My bad.

• Love 1

I don't mind her being a bad person per se. I'm just sick of her being a bad person and being all ditzy and "who me? I know I'm bad but I have the impulse control of a 5 year old tee hee hee!" with her wide eyed precious moments face and squeaky voice. Give me an adult villainous/vixen.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3