Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ABay said:

That Indya woman is one gust of wind away from a public indecency charge.

Yeah, she looks great, but double sided tape can only do so much.  I thought I saw a nipple.

Brittany Snow looks good, and so far, one of the only people whose dress is fitting them properly.

After taking a break from award shows (besides the Tony's) it's proven surprisingly easy to not care at all. That said, I don't really have anything better to do tonight. Are there any particularly interesting races this year? Even though I watch a good amount of TV, shows I'm interested in are rarely nominated for anything. I think I just used to watch because I watched all the other award shows.

1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

Is it my TV, or does Giuliana look extra orange tonight?

Ugh -- I despise that color green on Greta Lee.  To be clear, I would despise it on anyone.

Every year she gets more Orange. That happened last Awards season as well.

• Love 1

Brittany Snow's ballgown is even more boring than these things usually are. Her hair and styling from the neck up is very pretty though. Betty Gilpin's ballgown is fine. 

Randall Park looks adorable even if I feel like I've seen that same navy suit on so many guys. 

Milo Ventimiglia looks like he works for the venue. Waiter, usher, valet, etc. Take your pick.

Honestly, I feel like some people are making wild choices because they're TV actors who aren't going to be getting invited to any other place where these high fashion garments would be at all appropriate.

2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I've never been a fan of the one-sleeve look, and Laura Linney's dress doesn't look like it fits her properly up top.

I was just going to post the same thing about her gown being ill fitting but honestly, hers was about the 5th ill-fitting gown I've seen tonight. What is up with that?

• Love 1

Gail Simmons, what are you doing? No, Gail. It's not even the wildest outfit but just... no.

Vera Farmiga borrowed a dress from Florence Welch and it looks terrible on her.

I wish I liked Indya's look more. She usually looks so good on Pose. But the makeup isn't flattering and the dress isn't particularly flattering either. Her body is always going to look good but that dress is... making choices.

Aside from the dress being weirdly see through and the abundance of ruffles, I like Marin Hinkle's gown. It's nice to see her in a more modern cut. 

I almost support Van Der Beek being a weirdo but not with those basic suit pants and weird shoes. From the waist up, he's doing a so-deliberate-it-works modern dandy look. And from the waist down, it's clear he doesn't know what he's doing.

Sterling K. Brown has a similar problem. He looks cool... except when you take the top and bottom together and then the black on black makes it seem like he's wearing a full body jumpsuit under the red jacket. 

Sarah Goldberg looks like a sister wife. Why is she so sad?

Niecy Nash's straps are really earning their pay tonight! She is half out of that dress already. It's about 2 sizes too small.

Edited by Arynm
i like to get names right

What wallflower75 should be doing: completing a case conceptualization for marriage and family counseling class.

What wallflower75 is actually doing: wondering how the hell Niecy Nash is going to take any deep breaths in that dress without falling out of it.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Is it wrong that I support Gwendolyn wearing whatever the hell she wants? I don't hate wild choices if people can pull them off. And she looks like a goddess.

I like her a lot as well. Still not into her dress but I look forward to whatever she does next.

• Love 1

Sarah Sutherland is giving me 90's Leelee Sobieski/current-day Chloe Sevigny vibes and I don't hate it. It's an aesthetic and she's committed. It's like modern Carrie if she wouldn't be horrified to walk out of the house showing off her upper waist.

I don't know who Kristin Bartlett is but I am in support of true plus sizes finding something somewhat pretty to wear to these events. The ruffles do kind of look like someone has glued on a bunch of tissue paper haphazardly but at least it's not a mother of the bride look. 

The slit in Our Lady J's skirt is VERY daring and I wouldn't have gone with such a light nude pump but otherwise, I love the look. She seems so relaxed and happy and chill.