Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I'd be shocked if she didn't nominate James. And if she's not going after Austwins (she's not), she should nom James. John would be a fucking waste and Steve or Meg will be the pawn. Blah

Since she's going to be stupid and not split up Austwins, I agree that James is the smartest nom. He's the only actual competitor of those four really.

If Vanessa can make a deal with everyone (except for the Austwins) to guarantee safety for herself during the double eviction, she can promise to get one of the Austwins out the door. If only she would want to do that, and everyone would actually keep their word. Can you imagine how different the last part of this season will be if we can get Liz AND Austin out in one week?

• Love 5

What in the fuck is up with Austin being mad at JOHN? 

Him and the twins being so pissed at John is hilarious. It's made even funnier by the fact that his dumb ass won't even target them lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

That was the shortest endurance comp....ever!! I just happen to check the feeds & was shocked to see everyone in the kitchen & then saw John. Ugh! I'm calling it. The Final 4 is The Sixth Sense minus 2.

"And, um... and also... and um... oh yeah, and so..." 

Listening to that from Vanessa all week is going to be a chore. Anyone wanna bet on how many times she cries this week? 

< sagan > Billions.....and billions..... < /sagan >

• Love 4

Given Van is HoH this week and won't be in play for DE HoH, she should totally go for broke and BD Liz, I know everyone's right and she won't but I can't figure why she'd play so hard for HoH under these circumstances, especially when it was her and John. Take out Liz and see where the chips fall it can't be any worse than going to F5 with them and having them target you and Steve or worse yet having them boot you before you even get there.

• Love 3

Last night Steve said they should just tell Johnny he doesn't have the votes to stay, Austin said Johnny has been meant to him, Steve asked if he really has and Austin said he no but he knows what John is thinking.

Basically the hatred they have for John is not based on fact. They just KNOW he is hatable.

Liz cannot be THIS obtuse, to think that John has "no reason" to want revenge on them, can she?

She can be, but also she's right. John does not want revenge on Austwins. John wants revenge on MEG. 

MEG.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I am so sorry. I drank a whole bottle of wine. But still. MEG!!!

• Love 9

Given Van is HoH this week and won't be in play for DE HoH, she should totally go for broke and BD Liz, I know everyone's right and she won't but I can't figure why she'd play so hard for HoH under these circumstances, especially when it was her and John. Take out Liz and see where the chips fall it can't be any worse than going to F5 with them and having them target you and Steve or worse yet having them boot you before you even get there.

Ceeg is right. Vanessa likely doesn't trust John, so while she would have preferred an Austwin to win this week, she felt safety for this week was more important. I don't think I agree with her, but I can't say she's absolutely wrong. 

• Love 2

She can be, but also she's right. John does not want revenge on Austwins. John wants revenge on MEG. 

MEG.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I am so sorry. I drank a whole bottle of wine. But still. MEG!!!

John secretly wants to help James by removing his appendage ;)

Seriously though, she totally screwed him over this afternoon. 

• Love 2
Wow that is so shocking! I have to believe John has lost his damn mind if he really thinks he should target Meg! MEG! What is wrong with him?

I didn't think that was such a bad idea, actually. Meg is everyone's ideal final 2 goat, but she also is the albatross dragging down James the player -- who has flashes of strategic thought -- and keeping him squarely in Team Summer Camp. James might actually work with people he doesn't like and make deals and not worry about being everybody's bestie all the time if Meg was gone. I think John saw a potential ally, and he might not be wrong. A Meg-less James could be a very different James, I think. Well, it's all a moot point now.

Still, I can always support the "get out the goat" strategy, especially since I'd much rather see two competitors in final 2.

• Love 6

Vanessa needs to realize how close she really has been to being out the door for the past few weeks. The best part is that her alliance members repeatedly thought about putting her up, and never even bothered to let her know! At least she told Austin to his face that she was thinking of putting him up as a replacement when she was HOH, and let him talk her out of it. She cannot keep going further in the game with all three of them. They need to be broken up now. Ughhh I can't with these people!

• Love 1

Austin already working on getting John out to Vanessa. I hope Vanessa doesn't fall for their BS. Everyone needs to spill.

Vanessa will hold court in the HOH room for the next 12 hours, looking for The Reason and running 800 different strategic plans in her head. 

• Love 3

Vanessa will hold court in the HOH room for the next 12 hours, looking for The Reason and running 800 different strategic plans in her head. 

And doing the wide eyes innocent look before the tears appear. At least twice tonight. 

• Love 3

Hmm I think I finally recall this comp from past years and I have to agree if they've been able to sit on the disc, they just couldn't drop. But I haven't watched a full season since 10. 

Vanessa just briefly talked with Steve, and she wants to keep John because he wants to go after the twins, and she thinks herself, Steve, and John could be a good trio to go up against the Austwins. Sounds like she's definitely thinking Meg and James. She also told Austin that he and the girls are safe, but she's still gotta do what's best for her game too.

• Love 2

I'm praying that Vanessa sticks to her John/Steve herself alliance. Especially once Meg and James spill on the Austwins on how much they wanted her out. If she didn't win POV last week she was gone.

• Love 4

Vanessa just briefly talked with Steve, and she wants to keep John because he wants to go after the twins, and she thinks herself, Steve, and John could be a good trio to go up against the Austwins. Sounds like she's definitely thinking Meg and James. She also told Austin that he and the girls are safe, but she's still gotta do what's best for her game too.

I love the idea of a Vanessa/Steve/John alliance (add in James and that's a perfect final 4 for me), but if she doesn't put up Austin and Liz right away, she's dumb. This is the chance to get one of them out. If she does, then that means they're down a number. They could have the numbers to beat Austin/Julia, who let's face it, they wouldn't work together without Liz. Not for very long, at least. Get rid of Liz, you get rid of that trio. 

But no, Vanessa's gonna listen to Austin and it'll be James/Meg with a John/Steve backdoor. I know she's thinking about numbers in jury, but she's gonna get SENT to jury if she doesn't make this move. She's been lucky thus far. I don't think she's going to get any more chances, especially with another DE. 

• Love 2

Yeah I was encouraged by that "best for my own game" caveat to Austin. I'm praying, sacrificing goats, and I think if we collectively visualize we can make this Liz back door happen! Shhhh. Shhhh.

• Love 3

Steve and JMac seem super into their 3-person alliance with Vanessa. Steve told the camera, alone in the HN room, that he loves the idea and that if they get to the final 3, he would take JMac because he's already been evicted once, but that he thinks the idea of an alliance with JMac and Vanessa would be great.

• Love 2

Also, it sounds like production messed up with the explaining of the rules, then just disqualified four people at once, including three of the jurors, all because they had their butts touching the disk. Then Vanessa was shown to have her butt on the disk and nothing happened.

Nice going, production. 

• Love 5

I don't think Austin ever really planned on BDing Vanessa last week, even if she lost veto. They have the numbers and more importantly "they" (the Austwins" REALLY have the numbers, so I don't think he wants to rock the boat at all .

EDITED TO ADD:

Also, it sounds like production messed up with the explaining of the rules, then just disqualified four people at once, including three of the jurors, all because they had their butts touching the disk. Then Vanessa was shown to have her butt on the disk and nothing happened.

Nice going, production.

It's funny. Production has been known to rig the shit out of this game, but at the same time, they've also been known to be totally incompetent, so I think that likely was a screw-up more than anything. 

Edited by Brian Cronin

Nice going, production. 

Vanessa just explained the rules. She said your butt could touch as long as your feet were too. But if your feet weren't touching, you're out.

Then Vanessa was shown to have her butt on the disk and nothing happened.

Van said it was question of both feet keeping contact with the disc, but who knows? It does sound like not being able to sit is huge change up in that comp though so I'm not really surprised it went that fast. 

While she's still very much a DE target next week, I think this likely was a good move for Vanessa in the long run. Get rid of James and add in John and Steve to do your dirty work for you against the Austwins. And if the Austwins win next week, well, then you haven't done anything to them, so they can't go against you, right? 

Really, though, the best thing for Vanessa, Austin, Julia and Liz has been the simple fact that they KEEP WINNING HOH. I mean, give them all the credit in the world for that, competitively, but it also sort of takes the strategy out of it (again, in a good way, as far as competition success goes). 

• Love 6

Exactly. I think James and Meg are good nominations. Vanessa has to know that James and Meg will never work with her -- I think even if Meg were gone, James wouldn't work with Vanessa. They would absolutely come after Vanessa before Austin, Liz or Julia. Getting out one of them also sort of forces Austin, Liz and Julia into sticking with the Sixth Sense. The three of them seemingly burned bridges with John and Steve, which makes those guys easy "no blood on hands" targets, but makes Vanessa more valuable to both sides (in theory).

And I wouldn't make that move before a double eviction. Then you get the remaining twin + Austin + James + Meg (in theory) gunning for you, and your new alliance is not worth the minutes you spent to make it.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 4

Van seems pretty solid with John, and tossing out caveats to Austin, so yeah a Meg/James nom is coming, and ::breathe:: ::visualize:: a Liz BD. ::ching::

I will give Austin some cred, he has been practically GLUED to Van's side since the comp. He knows something is afoot at the circle K for Austwins.

ETA Van is reiterating to Liztin that none of them are going up, BUT she will do what's best for her game, guess which one wins when she finds The Reason?!! Hehe.

Liz looks like she wants to puke. I'm REALLY enjoying how much all the Hamsters hate her winning, if only because they have to pretend to listen to her talk constantly. SUCK IT BITCHES.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 11

James: As soon as 9/11 happened, I joined the military. Right out of high school.

Liz (or maybe Julia): Really? That's so cuuuuute.

There are a lot of words to use for that. "Cute" doesn't leap to mind as one of them.

• Love 20

Ugh. I hate the "name calling during the few seconds I have on the show" thing. It's just kind of cheap. Although I MIGHT have laughed when Jessie did it. But even there, it was pretty low class by Jessie to do it. 

I am digging how nuts the "I will do what i have to do" comment is driving the Austwins. 

• Love 2

I am digging how nuts the "I will do what i have to do" comment is driving the Austwins.

Ha, especially since she says it every time they bring up John being a target. Ha!

I know why the Austwins hate John, and it has very little to do with his gameplay. They've been butthurt about him ever since they noticed how much John has been called into the DR. Julia hearing him yelling in the DR practically sent her into a tailspin. Those three care about being popular. Austin obviously the most, but I think both twins care a lot as well. I was waiting for it, and a twin didn't disappoint me by immediately pointing out on the live show how crazy the audience response was to John.

They're livid about it, because they feel that of course they should be totally popular and a dork like Johnny Mac shouldn't be. Hell, I don't even get his popularity, and I'm even a big fan of the dumbass. Vanessa feeds into this, but I think she was more concerned about America's player, I don't think she gives a fuck about popularity, which points for her.

I'm fine with James leaving over John, but I kind of hope Meg somehow finds her way out the door. Vanessa is going to need numbers in the DE HOH where all three Austwins will play in. I'm a huge proponent of anyone can win any random HOH, but Meg? That's.....possible? No, no it's not. Also, I like James more. He sold me for good when he calmly put Shelli and Clay right up on that block,

• Love 11

Yeah I hope if no Liz BD, than Meg is targeted to go, and Vanessa makes a deal with James. 

Austin, please detach yourself from Vanessa's colon. 

Secret confession: I ship Julia/Van, like girls please work together and get past whatever goes down with Liztin!

Edited by blixie
  • Love 2

Haha, Van just told Austin/Julia her thoughts, and Austin trying to control her HoH. Not happening dicksmack, she tells him her thoughts are James/Meg. Austin warns the remainder will side with them next week, and Van doubles down: I don't care, that's why I'd do it. She is killing me. 

Austin knows he's fucked, and I'm not sure that Julia isn't partially enjoying it.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 3

I LOVED the thunderous applause and loud screams that greeted JohnnyMac when he was evicted, and sweeter how the rest of the HG's got to hear just how popular he is….suck it, Austin!

What in the Episcopalian?  How in the bluedilly fuck does VANESSA win, despite the muscular and leaner frames of Becky/JohnnyMac/Shelli/James? 

Anyone wanna bet on how many times Vanessa cries this week?

Y’know, I just noticed something tonight....how when she 'cries', there is never…one…tear slithering down her face?!

I SO want her to put up James/Meg, so those dumb asses (especially James) can suffer in the fact that Vanessa should have been backdoored when James was last HOH.

• Love 4

Vanessa can't get rid of an Austwin. I think that's a hundred percent giving up at least two jury votes, three if she's not sitting next to someone.

She had this weird thing where she wanted Meg out a couple HoHs ago, so maybe she'll keep James and hope he get the Austwins. She can't count on Meg to do anything but get carried to F2.

I wanted her to throw it to John, but he openly admitted to hating her for the last six weeks, so...I don't blame her for not trusting him totally. He did say "they loved" when he said they'd work with her.

But when John said he'd go after Meg? OMG.

Edited by mooses

What in the Episcopalian? How in the bluedilly fuck does VANESSA win, despite the muscular and leaner frames of Becky/JohnnyMac/Shelli/James?

I SO want her to put up James/Meg, so those dumb asses (especially James) can suffer in the fact that Vanessa should have been backdoored when James was last HOH.

James, Shelli, Jackie abd Becky were all disqualified for taking their feet off the platform and sitting down.

And looks like you'll get your wish since the current nomination plan is indeed James/Meg.

Hahaha...the REASON, it has been found! Meg and James did not come up to congratulate Vanessa. REASON! :)

Why can't these morons just say, "You put me up when you were HOH." or like, "I know we're on opposite sides" or You're a strong competitor"

How gross is a final 5 of Austwins, Vanessa and Steve going to be? Unwatchable.

It pains me that the returning juror idiocy could have legitimately killed a Thursday vote flip. Vanessa never committed because she knew this could happen.

This season went to shit real fast.

In other news Meg is still totally fucking hopeless. Expect lots of tears and wailing about her peeps getting sent home.

Here's hoping James can somehow win veto.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 7

Also LOL at an endurance comp lasting 12 minutes. You can thank production and their totally arbitrary rules for that. I sill don't know what Shelli did to be DQ'd that JMac and Vanessa weren't also doing.