Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Putting up two *pawns* ensures at least a slight chance she won't play,

Again Grodner, PLEASE fill that bag full of Vanessa chips/balls. Hee and yes some goofy version/analog of Texas Holdem or DJ'ing. I'm trying to remember what competitions she did win, at least one of them was a crapshoot right?

As bad as a Trainiac HoH would have been to watch (and thank God I didn't mostly) Austin going from group to group whom he ALL has deals with asking and EXPECTING them to agree all while they faithfully plan to vote whatever way he wants? WTF!!!!!!

How are the so bad, how are they so very very awful at this game.

Edited by blixie

It's kind of her only option at this point anyway, other than winning the veto. Can the veto comp please just be a simple game of Texas Hold 'Em? Or some kind of DJ comp?

I think it's very dangerous for Austin to straight up put Vanessa on the block, giving her a chance to stew on it and 100% play for Veto. Putting up two *pawns* ensures at least a slight chance she won't play, and it doesn't really give her ammo against Austin just in case she is chosen by random draw and does happen to win.

Ha! A DJ competition. That sounds awful.

I do think that's the best, simplest option. John straight up volunteered, and Steve can't do much without exposing his hand even if he's annoyed. Anyone but Vanessa gets Veto, she's gone. If she wins, she'll have targets in front of Austin.

I'd still bet he's going to make a last minute decision to put up Vanessa. He's all about good TV and he could talk about it forever.

Edited by mooses

Again Grodner, PLEASE fill that bag full of Vanessa chips/balls. Hee and yes some goofy version/analog of Texas Holdem or DJ'ing. I'm trying to remember what competitions she did win, at least one of them was a crapshoot right?

She won the crapshoot and the elimination style one where they had to figure out which comp the song was about. So basically they were both luck based actually. I can't remember what the veto she won was.

The veto she won was the science lab one where you memorize color patterns.

Ah yes. I thought she'd win the emoji HOH because she seems to be good at memory stuff.

Vanessa with the 'John's a clown' stuff again. Like, I can see where she'd get that tbh, but I don't understand why she seems to think that's a big deal game-wise.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I don't really know what I want. The two people I want out the most (Austin and Liz) are safe this week, and the other person I want out more than others (Meg) is not going to get voted out, even if she's put up. I like everyone else enough that I want them to stay around, even Vanessa. I feel like Vanessa's been playing the game since day 1 and has made it this far relatively ok. She's playing the game for herself and I like it. 

I like Steve; he may not be good at this game, but first off, the producers put him on the show. If they didn't feel like he was qualified or entertaining, they could have said no. I think he's a super sweet guy who's really trying his best but obviously, it's been said social situations aren't his thing. Of course that's why the producers put him on, so we can all watch him squirm and struggle. Honestly, the fact that he stands up for the girls when he needs to (and not even all the time, just enough when he feels it's appropriate) makes me respect him as a person, at the very least. He's probably not good at confrontation (if he's anything like me), and yes that's certainly a hindrance and he's not my first choice to win, but...he's tons better than Andy, or pretty much 70% of the houseguests from his season, or even Frankie. So yeah, I guess I do have a personal bias and I'm ok if Steve goes in F5, but I do want him to stick around a bit longer and have more hateful houseguests go. 

I'm ok if Johnny Mac goes this week. I like the guy, but I am perfectly fine with sacrificing him this week. I'd rather keep Vanessa around and have her win HOH and then target Austin and Liz. And if Becky comes back in, she can work with Vanessa to get Austin and Liz out (but not Julia. I'm still hoping her game will improve once Liz goes). I actually need Liz out now. Without Liz, Austin and Julia will most likely split off (or they MAY stick together just for the sake of having an ally) and no more stupid romance, and Austin flounders. 

• Love 2

I think maybe she didn't want to win the emoji one, but maybe she genuinely just lost. 

I'm not trusting a word Austin says, but he's playing Vanessa like he's leaning towards John/Steve, I would still want her to win Veto, and blow up the Austwins game.

• Love 1

I don't know how good Vanessa actually is at mental comps because she absolutely bombed the comic book veto then blamed it on production not giving her enough Adderall.

• Love 3

JMac is not doing anything wrong volunteering for the block. Once he knew was going to go up anyway he has to play it like its freaking fantastic. Look at how mad Austwins are at Steve for not wanting to go up. It might be unintentional but JMac is one the right track when it comes to those three clowns.

I need him to stay this week because that's the only way I'd want Becky back in the house. She needs one person she trusts 100% if she comes back in.

• Love 4

Oh I thought of another thing I'm rooting for: John to lose America's Fave. LOL. I actually have a lot to root for still, but they do all have to do with people I hate getting fucked over. And with my luck with this show I'm pretty sure Austin will win the game and John will win America's Fave.

• Love 1

From Big Brother Updates: "Austin got a photo of him doing gymnastics, hanging with a gay friend. Vanessa suggests it means hang with his gay friend in the house."

Crazy cakes! 

• Love 2

Oh man Van told Austin AGAIN that she doesn't need the money. She really is Nicole, gurl I don't NEED the money, I'm  just here for the SOCIAL EXPERIMENT. So the wrong tact, although since Austin has used the same ploy of not wanting to win and only wanting to make jury who knows maybe it's incidental.

Apparently she just told him she's willing to be a pawn and understands is he puts her up.

Haha, well except for the part where she is lying to him and herself. Has he MET Vanessa before?

Edited by blixie
  • Love 1

I don't know how good Vanessa actually is at mental comps because she absolutely bombed the comic book veto then blamed it on production not giving her enough Adderall.

I asked this when the discussion first came up about this (and did not get an answer), but has Vanessa ever said she takes Adderall? Otherwise, I am really uncomfortable with the speculation about HGs meds (which always seems to happen, but just IMO). Also, if she complained that she got her meds (whatever they may be) late/not at all, she has every right to be pissed off. BB could face a major lawsuit for not distributing prescription meds correctly. 

Edited by yankee1151

Oh I thought of another thing I'm rooting for: John to lose America's Fave. LOL. I actually have a lot to root for still, but they do all have to do with people I hate getting fucked over. And with my luck with this show I'm pretty sure Austin will win the game and John will win America's Fave.

I think this is exactly how it will play out. He wouldn't be the worst winner (hello, Boogie), and I can't deny he's got a good social game in the perfect season of everyone just wanting to have fun and hang out. But I don't want him to win! He's annoying and gross.

I'd even wish for a Meg win at this point. Anyone but Liz or Austin! And I really, really hate that Van might go under his HOH. Please let her win veto.

• Love 1

I can't believe we had any hope about Austwins double dealing being exposed with this HOH. All any group talks about is Vanessa so they can't put two and two together.

I hope Jackie comes back and smacks some sense into ADC. I wasn't a fan, but at least she thought of strategy beyond who your latest besties are.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 5

I kind of wish the Veto comp was so kind of elaborate shade throwing Math thing, about "team building"  with giant  NEON arrows pointing at the three people on one team v. a second team with two and second team with two and one toque wearing crazy woman all on her own. However can the other teams defeat the Power of Three?! HOW!

• Love 3

From Big Brother Updates: "Austin got a photo of him doing gymnastics, hanging with a gay friend. Vanessa suggests it means hang with his gay friend in the house."

Crazy cakes! 

Ha! How early do the family members write/send stuff in, anyway? I thought it was all at the beginning of the season to cut down on the Evel Dick coded letter nonsense. It would be easy to set up beforehand, "send me this picture or use this term if I should stick with my alliance, this to BD, this if to switch sides, etc" or type of deal.

ETA: Apparently Vanessa told Austin that she'd do whatever was in his best interest at F4 - so he's telling everyone she threw Julia UTB. It makes Vanessa look horrible and lose her only hope of staying, but it also make Austin outright admit he needs Julia gone. Fun!

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

Ha! How early do the family members write/send stuff in, anyway? I thought it was all at the beginning of the season to cut down on the Evel Dick coded letter nonsense. It would be easy to set up beforehand, "send me this picture or use this term if I should stick with my alliance, this to BD, this if to switch sides, etc" or type of deal.

I think the family members send multiple photos and TPTB choose which ones to give the HOH. The letters are written after they enter the house, though I'm not sure how far in advance of the HGs receiving them. I believe TPTB can/do edit the letters as they see fit.

• Love 1

My good fuck Austin is the biggest chicken shit in the whole house. I love that Steve and Vanessa have both asked why he's so scared to put  up each of them v. the other. They are SCRAMBLING and terrified of their game blows up. 

A:It makes it look like you're against us (Steve/John) v. (Meg/James)

Me: Because Austin IS you/Johnny Mac, you dumbass.

OH now he's considering growing some balls and putting V up directly. Please do it. it's not just gonna be HER coming at you Tuna Beard.

Steve: You'd lose Johnny Mac over Meg/James?

Austin: Yes

Steve get a goddamn clue. 

Edited by blixie

LOL I just realized we've reached the portion of the season where my normal watching turns into hate watching, and only hate is driving me to keep up with the goings-on in the House. It happens almost every season, right around the time jury starts. I know someone I don't like is going to win, but I keep watching in the hopes that the people I like even less get their just desserts.

Yeah. I hit this point almost every season around this time. It came a little early for me, when Jackie was evicted in the DE. She entertained me in the house, I loved her balls-to-the-wall, doesn't-give-a-fuck attitude, and her evil cackle grew on me. I didn't realize until after she left that I was kind of a fan of hers and wanted her to make it far. I know she can come back, but c'mon, the buyback is usually just a free week for the remaining HGs not to worry about leaving. I'm basically in it to see Vanessa and Austin not make it to the finals. After that, eh, I'll find something to snark on, I guess.

Crazy cakes! 

Vanessa's a trip. Last night she brought up the shell she got in her HoH basket, because it was totes a hidden message to her to trust Shelli. And now apparently there was a clown fish sticker in there, too, which represented Johnny Mac because he's such a clown! Really? I'm starting to think the inside of her Green Tuque of Doom is lined with tinfoil considering all these hidden messages she keeps seeing. (I think it was the first time I ever heard about the clown fish sticker and Johnny Mac. Has she told that one before?)

I asked this when the discussion first came up about this (and did not get an answer), but has Vanessa ever said she takes Adderall? Otherwise, I am really uncomfortable with the speculation about HGs meds (which always seems to happen, but just IMO). Also, if she complained that she got her meds (whatever they may be) late/not at all, she has every right to be pissed off. BB could face a major lawsuit for not distributing prescription meds correctly. 

Yes and no. She is on medication, but not Adderall from what I've seen/heard. She said it once on the feeds in the early weeks and I saw the discussion of it on Jokers.*(see below for disclaimer) Apparently it's a non-stimulant drug but I wonder about that since it made her feel so "foggy" when they forgot to give it to her. The thing is, HGs should know by now that medication probably won't be flowing from the DR on a regular schedule. There's always something that messes up the schedule, like when Audrey locked herself in the DR for almost six hours and they had to shove Liz in a broom closet to wait until Audrey was done before they could switch them out. Comps usually happen around the same times, but never right on time, so if your med schedule is somewhere in there, it's either going to be early or late. It's just part of living in the BB house. It's probably explained to them at some point before they even enter the house. BB would definitely cover their asses in a situation like that.

But hey, at least we don't have an Amanda this year, stashing her pill horde under her mattress to pep herself up before a comp.

* Granted, it's been a long time since I saw that discussion on Jokers and there has been an awful lot of wine flowing during the live feeds, so if it turns out I'm wrong, just blame the shiraz, please.

• Love 2

I think dumbass Steve is finally getting a clue that Johnny Mac could be the target. It helps that Austin is spelling it out for him.

ETA: Now Liz is ratting out Steve to Vanessa, telling her Steve only wants to go on the block if it's against Vanessa. LOL. What in the world.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2

I think dumbass Steve is finally getting a clue that Johnny Mac could be the target. It helps that Austin is spelling it out for him.

ETA: Now Liz is ratting out Steve to Vanessa. What in the world.

And he's pushing super hard to get him off the block, even suddenly volunteering to go up against Vanessa. 

Liz is super upset Steve didn't like the idea of being put up with a pawn. I can't decide if I'd rather lose screaming DRs or creepy "Hi, Julie" DRs...

And this whole Vanessa asking James throwing BotB - why don't they just assume Jackie asked him to throw it? They were on the same side, and they've done that with John.

ETA: I think Liz's tune will change once she hears Austin say Vanessa threw Julia UTB. She'll believe him.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

Now Liz is ratting out Steve to Vanessa, telling her Steve only wants to go on the block if it's against Vanessa. LOL. What in the world.

They are in panic mode, they know it's all going up in smoke this week, because Tuna Beard just had to win HoH.

Johnny Mac and Steve are now both in the room and dictating to Austin that he can not put up two of the "five" it has to be one from each side or Vanessa. This is both beautiful AND maddening because Steve/John are still keyed on their deal fourth/fifth wheel deals with Austwins.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 2

Steve says the exact same thing to Austin/Liz that Vanessa said to Liz: if you put John/Steve up and the BD fails you lose a person who would fight for HoH for you.

Now let's process this Steve has NEVER fought for HoH and won one on accident that left him a bawling mess. John only just tried for HoH this week, because you were throwing it to him, and he's won exactly none of them. Vanessa has won two HoH's and will sure as shit be playing for everyone here on out. But sure you stick with those two losers over Vanessa.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 1

What Steve doesn't know is that James and Meg are totally loyal to the Austwins. Comically so. They actually want to go to F5 with them.

This is why Austin is an idiot for not just throwing it to James. He basically said he only wanted it because he will get more air time.

• Love 4

Dear Austin: If you actually, truly go through with putting Vanessa on the block this week, even if you're not actively targeting her but there's a chance she might actually go, I will consider it your birthday present to me. You don't even have to wrap it! No card needed! And if she loses the Veto, that's like sticking a big red bow right on top of it. Thanks!

• Love 3

Dear Austin: If you actually, truly go through with putting Vanessa on the block this week, even if you're not actively targeting her but there's a chance she might actually go, I will consider it your birthday present to me. You don't even have to wrap it! No card needed! And if she loses the Veto, that's like sticking a big red bow right on top of it. Thanks!

Vanessa going home this week essentially gift wraps an Austin final 3 if not final 2.

After Vanessa is gone, short of Vanessa coming back, Becky is the only one who'd go after them. If Shelli comes back, everyone will target her. Jackie will do what James/Meg want, which is to stick with the Austwins. No one (except Becky or Vanessa) will go after them because they all have Final 5 deals with him. Hypothetically, let's say the Final 5 are the Austwins + James/Meg. James wins HOH. Meg could still go home during James' HOH run because the Austwins have the numbers. Have the 3rd win Veto, take down one, and put up Meg. And then Meg is gone and James can't play for the next HOH. This is all so clearly laid out, I don't understand how John, Steve, and James can't see it.

Liz told him to put up John and Vanessa. There ya go.

I hope Vanessa at least comes out post-nom ceremony swinging, but she might just lay in bed and cry until Veto, idk. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

Vanessa going home this week essentially gift wraps an Austin final 3 if not final 2.

I have hopes of him giving Liz another hickey and Julia winning HoH and taking him out for it. I just want an exciting week after this past week, and Vanessa being on the block could potentially give me that. I don't think Austin will make it to final 3. One or both of the twins? Sure. But I think both of the twins will kick him to the curb eventually. 

This season is going to turn out like last season, where I was hoping Victoria would win because I really didn't like Derrick and Cody. So... Meg for the winner of BB17?

• Love 2

I think the family members send multiple photos and TPTB choose which ones to give the HOH. The letters are written after they enter the house, though I'm not sure how far in advance of the HGs receiving them. I believe TPTB can/do edit the letters as they see fit.

I seem to remember hearing something a while back about TPTB requesting the family send about 3 HoH's worth of photos, family memorabilia and such at the beginning of the season before Episode 1 ever aired; seems like I recall it because one past HoH multi-winner (Janelle, maybe? Rachel?) won HoH four times that season, and their last HoH contained a lot of photos and such "recycled" from their previous HoHs. That ring a bell with anybody else?

Also - not sure what it's based on, but I also have the impression that - after ED, anyway -TPTB has the family write one "HoH Congrats" letter for each HG, which they keep on file. Each time a HG wins HoH, Production pulls his/her letter from the file, gives it to the new HoH, and asks the family to write a replacement letter - which goes back into the file in case s/he should win another HoH. And so on ad infinitum. This allows the letters to be reasonably current, without being composed so close to the current gameplay that a family member on the outside could pass usable coded information to some cheating Dick on the inside.

• Love 6

I'm not sure what would be exciting about Vanessa being on the block and evicted since her eviction will expose nothing. And Austin is still playing both sides of the house. Whatever floats your boat though.

Vanessa on the block + winning veto would be exciting though because it would force Austin to choose and his lies will be exposed to a side.

• Love 3

While if they continue to not nominate them, then yes, leaving the Austwins alone is not a good idea, but all someone needs to do is win HoH and not have specifically the one member of the Austwin not on the block to win Veto and they're split up. And if you take Liz out, the Austwins are pretty much dunzo, so I don't think it's crazy to not be too worried about them yet. 

EDITED TO ADD: And not for nothing, but the Austwins have won the last two HoHs. So it's not like anyone has even had a CHANCE to split them up. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 4

Austin to Julia: Why didn't you win if you wanted James gone? 

Julia is worried about James because he isn't afraid to make a big move. LOL. Hey brainiac, you're the last person in the house on the list of big moves. Evicting an ant would be a bigger move than getting you out.

Austin: Go get her.

Julia: Go get who? Vanessa?

Odds are pretty high this bitch doesn't know what state she's in right now.

• Love 4

I'm not sure what would be exciting about Vanessa being on the block and evicted since her eviction will expose nothing. And Austin is still playing both sides of the house. Whatever floats your boat though.

Vanessa on the block + winning veto would be exciting though because it would force Austin to choose and his lies will be exposed to a side.

Just not a Vanessa fan. I'm over her. It's petty but I'd love to see her go. I want to see her scramble and throw people under the bus and freak out. I don't care who wins this thing. I just want some fun and drama after last week, which was boring as hell. Vanessa on the block could potentially bring that for me. I'm not examining it from an end-game perspective or what the ripple effects will be, just how much popcorn and wine I can potentially go through this week.

• Love 12

People are playing so scared this season, she isn't wrong.  James is not afraid to make big moves, which is why I like him.  And despite my well documented disdain for Austin, if he actually nominates Vanessa, I will at least respect that a little. There are way too many 'superfans' in there to not realize that the viewers want to see big moves. You are absolutely correct that Julia is not a big move, though.  Liz, yes. Austin, yes. Vanessa, James, yes.  Everyone else NO.

• Love 3

People are playing so scared this season, she isn't wrong.  James is not afraid to make big moves, which is why I like him.  And despite my well documented disdain for Austin, if he actually nominates Vanessa, I will at least respect that a little. There are way too many 'superfans' in there to not realize that the viewers want to see big moves. You are absolutely correct that Julia is not a big move, though.  Liz, yes. Austin, yes. Vanessa, James, yes.  Everyone else NO.

I agree with this except the Austin part. Putting up Vanessa is the safest move Austin can make. It's not a big move for him. Literally no one in the entire house would be upset to see her on the block and to see her leave. You've got John volunteering to go up against her because he knows Austin needs a pawn. Yes, Austin has been in an alliance with her since the beginning, but putting up the person with the biggest target on her back is not a big move. The only big move left in this game right now is getting rid of one of the threesome.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 7

They brought up Vanessa and basically tell her she's going up because they're scared of Steve. She's like...what? Ha! She knows she's going home if she's on the block, though - so it won't be a surprise.

He brought up James throwing the BotB and she finally admitted to it. I think she was screwed whether she admitted to it or not.

By the way, Meg and James are snoozing away during this whole thing. They're brilliant strategists.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 5

I agree with this except the Austin part. Putting up Vanessa is the safest move Austin can make. It's not a big move for him. Literally no one in the entire house would be upset to see her on the block and to see her leave.

I agree with that, but everyone else in the house talks a big game for weeks but I don't see anyone else pulling the trigger.  Let's see if he can do it.

That Vanessa/Austin conversation was pretty good, and then they cut to JeffFish and I have no clue who Austin is putting up. Steve or Vanessa?

Vanessa made a good point though. If Vanessa gets taken out this week, Steve and John still have each other, while Vanessa has no one as her #2. If John gets taken out, Steve has no one and will be forced to remain with F&G. 

• Love 3

Honestly, I know she has to go right now or whatever, but I still don't think she's lying when she says she all in with the Austwins. I don't think she'll ever take a direct hit at them. She had her side pieces (which she just lost) like they have their side pieces, but she really doesn't have anyone else to roll with. And they're good for her to hide behind, and she's good for them to hide behind.

• Love 4

Honestly, I know she has to go right now or whatever, but I still don't think she's lying when she says she all in with the Austwins. I don't think she'll ever take a direct hit at them. She had her side pieces (which she just lost) like they have their side pieces, but she really doesn't have anyone else to roll with. And they're good for her to hide behind, and she's good for them to hide behind.

Agreed. The only way I really could see Vanessa going after them is if she found out they were targeting her first. Or, if they had blindsided her and she won veto or something. Otherwise, I really do think she was in with them to Final 4. She said as much in her DRs last week.

• Love 2

That Vanessa/Austin conversation was pretty good, and then they cut to JeffFish and I have no clue who Austin is putting up. Steve or Vanessa?

Vanessa made a good point though. If Vanessa gets taken out this week, Steve and John still have each other, while Vanessa has no one as her #2. If John gets taken out, Steve has no one and will be forced to remain with F&G. 

Yeah, that whole conversation seemed actually nice and human, like friends clearing the air - I'm kind of glad we don't have to see them twist it all around to the others after it was over.

She knew their point about Steve was ridiculous, and managed to stay pretty calm explaining things. She knows she's out if she's up, but I don't think she'll go on a rampage - she'll just go on the tour of tears.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2