Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I am rooting for a Steve POV. It'll force a Van/Shelli noms. 

Would John use the Veto? Didn't Vanessa go off on him yesterday? It's so hard to remember everything when I don't have the feeds and just read about them.

He would use it no question. He wants Vanessa as badly as Becky and Jackie do. 

The thing that I don't understand about this BD Vanessa plan, is that it makes no sense to me why no one is even thinking of targeting Austin or the twins. Julia and Liz both have an automatic two votes, both in the house and for the Final 2, and they have a 3-vote block for evictions. T

I agree that they should be targeted but for someone like Becky, they are not a direct threat to her in the game. Vanessa is to both her and Johnny so going after Vanessa makes more sense for her at this time.

I also understand the logic of putting one of Austwin up with Shelli but again, why piss of three people if none of them are your targets? Steve and Shelli are the safest choices for her. 

Apparently Vanessa was made to sit out two laps of the comps because she was caught putting Crisco into her bowl. 

• Love 5

I agree that they should be targeted but for someone like Becky, they are not a direct threat to her in the game. Vanessa is to both her and Johnny so going after Vanessa makes more sense for her at this time.

But they're all a direct threat to her alliance, which she's going to need going forward, if she wants to make it to the end. Austwins might not put up Becky directly, but they'd 100% knock out someone who would be a vote for her and her alliance. Austin, Liz, Julia, Vanessa, Shelli, Vanessa, and Steve would all put up people from the New ADC. So, I don't see the point in eliminating Vanessa or Shelli, who don't have a core within their alliance anymore, when you could break up a hugely powerful threesome. Take Liz out, and you take out twins and a showmance. Plus, no one trusts Shelli or Vanessa anymore, so they've lost pretty much all the power they accumulated in the first 5 weeks. Guess who is sitting comfortably amidst the shambles of 6S? It's Austin, Liz, and Julia.

I just think the ADC are thinking with their hearts and not their heads right now. Which, fair enough, but it usually won't win you $500k. (And btw, I'd be 1000% okay with Julia or Liz winning this game, because I like them both a lot.)

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

But they're all a direct threat to her alliance, which she's going to need going forward, if she wants to make it to the end. Austwins might not put up Becky directly, but they'd 100% knock out someone who would be a vote for her and her alliance. Austin, Liz, Julia, Vanessa, Shelli, Vanessa, and Steve would all put up people from the New ADC. So, I don't see the point in eliminating Vanessa or Shelli, who don't have a core within their alliance anymore, when you could break up a hugely powerful threesome. Take Liz out, and you take out twins and a showmance. Plus, no one trusts Shelli or Vanessa anymore, so they've lost pretty much all the power they accumulated in the first 5 weeks. Guess who is sitting comfortably amidst the shambles of 6S? It's Austin, Liz, and Julia.

While Vanessa is her main target and Austin, Liz, and Julia aren't since they aren't coming after her, I don't really think Becky cares who goes so long as it's someone from that side of the house.

Here's her plan outlined below:

Becky is nominating Shelli and Steve for eviction.

Her plan is to backdoor Vanessa (who is paranoid and suspects that is indeed the case).

Becky has told Austin, Liz, and Julia that she is backdooring John.  They do not believe that story, so they do not plan to use the Veto should they win it.

John has told Steve that there is a backdoor plan in motion, and that he is not the target.  Steve believes that Becky plans to backdoor Austin.

Becky has told Shelli about the plan and revealed that she planted a story to Vanessa as a means of allowing Shelli to see if Vanessa still trusts her.

Thus far, Shelli has kept her lips sealed, and Vanessa hasn't confided in her.

Everyone else in the house knows about the plan to get Vanessa out.

Becky has the votes to send out Vanessa against anyone she is on the block with, as only four votes (James, Jackie, John, and Meg) are needed to force a tie.

If Vanessa wins the Veto and uses it to pull Shelli down, then Austin will go up and out.

If Vanessa, Austin, Liz, or Julia wins the Veto and keeps the nominations the same, then Shelli will get evicted.

Either way, someone Becky considers not fully on her side or, better yet, not even on her side at all hits the bricks this week, and her alliance remains intact.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 7

Yes I realize all of that. My point is that Vanessa and Shelli are Becky's #1 and #2 targets, which is more about personal feelings than increasing her own odds of winning in the end. Obviously, someone from the other side of the house will be going home this week. But after another week or two, it's going to become exceedingly difficult to make it to the Final 2 with someone other than 1 of Austwins.

How many posts has there been here of Vanessa being the baddest player that ever played? Becky is going after her because she knows she is a smart player thus dangerous to keep around. Amidst the many reasons she's given for going after Vanessa, Vanessa being very good at manipulations is one she's stuck to the longest.

Eh, I think most people praising Vanessa's game did it before about mid-way through this past week. Then, Vanessa essentially blew up her own game. And if people know you're some kind of great manipulator, you sort of fail to keep it up. Becky, Jackie, and the others aren't going to be manipulated by Vanessa anymore, because they know her whole schtick now. She ceases to be this big scary BB Beast because she's lost all of her power.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1

But they're all a direct threat to her alliance, which she's going to need going forward, if she wants to make it to the end. Austwins might not put up Becky directly, but they'd 100% knock out someone who would be a vote for her and her alliance. 

I don't think it is fair to say the ADC are thinking with their heads. How many posts has there been here of Vanessa being the baddest player that ever played? Becky is going after her because she knows she is a smart player thus dangerous to keep around. Amidst the many reasons she's given for going after Vanessa, Vanessa being very good at manipulations is one she's stuck to the longest.

Becky should watch out for her's and her number one alley's back first and foremost. Vanessa has it out for her and Johnny. In addition to what I wrote above,  her choice this week is a no brainer. She knocks off a member of the other house and even the playing field regardless of who goes home.

Maybe Meg can win during the DE and knock out an Austwin. 

Yes I realize all of that. My point is that Vanessa and Shelli are Becky's #1 and #2 targets, which is more about personal feelings than increasing her own odds of winning in the end. 

I just posted above why her targeting Vanessa is not personal. It is a smart strategic move but I don't expect Becky to ever get that credit. 

• Love 6

Eh, I think most people praising Vanessa's game did it before about mid-way through this past week. Then, Vanessa essentially blew up her own game. And if people know you're some kind of great manipulator, you sort of fail to keep it up. Becky, Jackie, and the others aren't going to be manipulated by Vanessa anymore, because they know her whole schtick now. She ceases to be this big scary BB Beast because she's lost all of her power.

Vanessa is still one of the stronger players remaining when it comes to competing for HOH and POV.  Austin and the twins do not have her track record.  It's Austin who is playing the game with his heart, not his head.

Edited by escape
  • Love 3

I just posted above why her targeting Vanessa is not personal. It is a smart strategic move but I don't expect Becky to ever get that credit. 

I'd be posting the same thing if Meg, Jackie, or John had won HOH and did the same thing. It has nothing to do with not giving Becky credit. And I never said that it was dumb or stupid or anything like that. I just think, given that there is a pool of 6 houseguests to chose from to nominate, Becky is choosing the three (Shelli, Steve, and BD Vanessa) that are in no way in any sort of power alliance. I guess my point is that, if you're going to nominate people from an alliance other than your own, why not nominate 2 people that are part of a virtually unbreakable threesome?

Also, keep in mind, next week will probably have a questions HOH, which Shelli/Vanessa/Liz have all won. Jackie is the sole ADC member who's won a questions comp, as far as I can remember. So, if Shelli/Vanessa/Liz win HOH, that's two more evictions passing by with the threesome still intact, and it then gives them the numbers to tie a vote, and if one of their own wins the following HOH, they have the numbers secured to win a vote.

Vanessa is still one of the stronger players remaining when it comes to competing for HOH and POV.  Austin and the twins do not have her track record.

Austin and Liz have both won an HOH a piece. Liz single-handedly won BotB with a partner who was deliberately trying to throw it, vs. a team who was straight up trying to win.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

Becky nominated Steve and Shelli and is currently informing Shelli about how she wants to back door Vanessa. If the Veto is used, Becky wants it used on Shelli and Steve volunteered to be a pawn this week.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4

Austin and Liz have both won an HOH a piece. Liz single-handedly won BotB with a partner who was deliberately trying to throw it, vs. a team who was straight up trying to win.

Vanessa has won HOH twice and Veto once.  Austin and Liz have only won HOH once, but were dethroned.  BofB is no longer being played.

Edited by escape
  • Love 1

Odds are that the power will switch to the other side of the house at some point, maybe even next week.  It would be best for Becky to not need to put up any of the Austwins this week.  That way if one of them wins HOH, then they will be more likely to target James, Meg or Jackie instead of her.  It may be best for the ADC as a group to eliminate Liz this week, but, in a two-alliance-non-BotB situation like this season has turned out, part of the game for each individual is to not only fight for your alliance to stay in power, but to also plan for when your alliance isn't in power.  You want to be the least threatening or least hated member of your alliance, so when you inevitably lose a number, that number isn't you.  I think that Becky is playing this week well so far for her personal game.  If she nominates one of the Austwins today I will be disappointed in her.

• Love 3

Vanessa has won HOH twice and Veto once.  Austin and Liz have only won HOH once, but were dethroned.  BofB is no longer being played.

Yeah all those still count as winning comps, to me. Austin and Liz won HOH fair and square, same as Vanessa and Shelli and James. But, the people they put up were able to win a competition, which Austin and Liz didn't even play in. So, they were dethroned through no fault of their own. As for BotB, I know it's gone, but it's still a competition that Liz won, and with dead weight.

It's all moot anyway. Liz, Shelli, and Vanessa are all pretty equal comp threats IMO. Austin less so, since his HOH was purely won on chance (which, so was Vanessa's btw). Shelli, I would argue, is more of a comp threat than Vanessa or Liz, because Shelli can both win questions comps and can hang in the endurance comps. If not for James, Shelli would have won the mountain comp. Vanessa's main skill seems to be questions/thinking comps. 

ETA: tl;dr on all my posts - LOL I just want to officially have it on record that Liz/Julia/Austin will be at least 1 of the final 3, potentially final 2, if they can win the last HOH. I think this week will prove to be a pivotal time for the balance of the house.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2

Vanessa has won HOH twice and Veto once. Austin and Liz have only won HOH once, but were dethroned. BofB is no longer being played.

The facts that BOtB is no longer being played and that Austin & Liz were dethroned are irrelevant. Those are still comp wins so austwins do have a track record comparable to Vanessa s.

• Love 2

I can't with J, J and M in the HN room. 

Oh yes "they" are getting what they deserve by actually playing the game. 

This mentality is ridiculous.

And it was ok for James to against his deal with Clelli, but how dare Vanessa question the new "deal".

Reminds me of when my kids were little and held grudges forever.

Edited by njbarmaid
  • Love 5

I think the reason why no one is really worried about Austwins is just because they don't really see them as 'playing the game.' They don't see them individually as threats the way they do Vanessa and Shelli. Not to mention the fact that Vanessa and Shelli are so out there and obvious, while the Austwins aren't doing anything overt. This helps them appear nonthreatening and causes people to overlook the fact that they're 3 votes. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

This helps them appear nonthreatening and causes people to overlook the fact that they're 3 votes. 

Ha, I was going to quote you and agree with you, but then you deleted the part about the 3 votes being very powerful. Which it is.

Hypothetically, let's say Vanessa is evicted, and then F&G/6S members win the next 2 HOHs in a row (which seems highly possible, if they are both questions comps). Boom, Austwins now have the majority vote. All it takes is surviving two more evictions without breaking up that threesome, and they've not only all 3 made the top 8, but they've secured a majority voting block. And even if, at the top 8, the house evicts one of the threesome, you've still got a practically unbreakable two-some in the top 7, which is then an automatic top 6 for one of them. And that's assuming the house is able to evict 2 of the 3 in back-to-back weeks, which seems unlikely to me at that stage of the game. And if 2 of them are in the top 6, they once again have that majority voting block back again. Then, let's say Liz or Julia somehow makes it to the top 3 and wins that last HOH. Their opponent has automatically lost 2 jury votes without uttering a single word. Done deal, 2 votes lost. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2

I think that Becky is playing this week well so far for her personal game.  If she nominates one of the Austwins today I will be disappointed in her.

Nominations are already done.  Steve and Shelli are up, not any of Austin, Liz, or Julia.

• Love 3

I think them being 3 votes makes them very powerful, but I can easily see why no one is really seeing it that way. They're lucky because they are just not threatening individually. Not one of them comes off particularly smart, strategic, competitive, or social in comparison to some of the others individually.

Also, I think there is some evidence they aren't necessarily even 3 solid votes together. Liz has shown she will vote against the wishes of her alliance. Julia and Liz don't always see eye-to-eye. Julia hates Austin. So while I do believe they will always vote together and are all a vote for each other, it wouldn't particularly surprise me if that ended up not being the case.

ETA: I am cackling over this!

• Love 12

Nominations are already done.  Steve and Shelli are up, not any of Austin, Liz, or Julia.

I saw that.  It happened while I was typing- apparently I need to work on my wpm.

Good job Becky.  I do think that she should have put up Vanessa directly, though.

• Love 4

Austin tells Steve that Vanessa is worried she's going to be backdoored. Steve plays dumb (he knows Vanessa is the target from JMac) and ends the convo saying "we have the votes". Steve has to be pretending or he's an engineering student who doesn't understand basic math.

Vanessa delusions in full swing. Telling Shelli she thinks they can get JMac's vote to save Shelli. Shelli is like "he will vote the way Becky wants."

Did Vanessa forget she's the target?

Vanessa is telling Shelli she thinks she can get the votes to save her. Vanessa has a plan, guys! LOL did she somehow forget she realized she's the actual target?

She also said, "Every mother fucker in here just flip flops and turns. I don't." HAHAHAHAHA!

• Love 2

Vanessa: Every motherfucker in here just flip flops. I don't.

looooooool.

She also said Becky not wanting to hear her bullshit deals is a slap in the face.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 4

Vanessa delusions in full swing. Telling Shelli she thinks they can get JMac's vote to save Shelli. Shelli is like "he will vote the way Becky wants."

Did Vanessa forget she's the target?

I think that was referring to if the veto wasn't used and Steve/Shelli were the final noms.

Vanessa tried to convince Shelli to throw her the POV so she's not backdoored. She would pull Shelli down and Becky would put up JMac as the replacement and then he would go home! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Shelli was aghast and told her there's no way she would put JMac up. But Vanessa says she would bet money that Becky would. Are we sure this woman is actually a poker player?

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 5

First off, I'm officially a loser. I'm watching people clean on the LIVE Feeds and it's Friday night. LOSER!!

Vaneesa is hysterical how she wants Shelli to throw her the POV. Vaneesa really doesn't like the block, does she? LOL!!!!

• Love 4

James talking strategy with Meg and Jackie: "well, its Becky's HOH so we have to do what she wants regardless." (from Joker's)

This is why I can't root for those people. They're either clueless, boring or both.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 4

I don't have a problem with James says that. He put up his moms and wanted people to go with him. Of course, this is a double eviction weeks so everything might hit crapper. Who knows who will be left standing Thursday night.

• Love 2

I don't think there's anything wrong with James saying they have to do what Becky wants. Becky is in their alliance, or at least on their side. She's keeping them safe and taking out someone from the other side. Why go against her and piss her off? Sure they could maybe try to steer her toward someone they'd rather go, but if she's insistent, I don't think it would be in James or Jackie or Meg's best interest to purposely go against her.

• Love 14

I don't think there's anything wrong with James saying they have to do what Becky wants. Becky is in their alliance, or at least on their side. She's keeping them safe and taking out someone from the other side. Why go against her and piss her off? Sure they could maybe try to steer her toward someone they'd rather go, but if she's insistent, I don't think it would be in James or Jackie or Meg's best interest to purposely go against her.

That's fair. The thing is, I don't think it's because it's the best strategic move in their minds. James still wants Shelli out. They just think the HOH should be able to dictate the week, like they tried to last week.

• Love 1

I have no problem with James - he is playing the game.  After making the bold move of taking out a SS key player, he is likely just relieved that it was Becky who won HOH.  Now another SS player will be evicted, which will bring down their number. 

• Love 4

Has James been throwing around the C word again today? I haven't been watching and I'm seeing it mentioned elsewhere, but I'm not sure if they're referring to the other time(s) he said it, or it's something current.

Edited by judie

I've always maintained the so called animonisity between Steve and Becky is an exaggeration.

Not so exaggerated.  It's not as strong on Becky's end, but it's plenty strong on Steve's.  Last night, after she filled him in on part of her plan, he called her a bitch behind her back as he left the HoH Room.

Not so exaggerated. It's not as strong on Becky's end, but it's plenty strong on Steve's. Last night, after she filled him in on part of her plan, he called her a bitch behind her back as he left the HoH Room.

I'm pretty sure that was meant to be a joke based on his tone and considering that he said "nighty night you bitch". And the comment occured shortly after she told him that he had to pretend to hate her. I think it was a joke/play on that. John said a similar thing during John/Becky's conversation after she said they should avoid each other this week. Edited by bobthefrog
  • Love 3

I'm pretty sure that was a joke based on his tone and considering that he said "nighty night you bitch". And the comment occured shortly after she told him that he had to pretend to hate her. I think it was a joke/play on that. John said a similar thing during John/Becky's conversation after she said they should avoid each other this week.

It's Steve, though.  STEVE.  Of course it was real.

• Love 1

James and Jackie just said that if one of them wins the Veto, they will use it on Steve so they can watch Vanessa and Shelli go at it.

They then said if the other side tries to fuck up the plan, one of them goes no matter what.  They agree that they can't risk another plan blowing up in their faces and Steve going home before at least one major threat.

They agreed to let Becky know so as not to blindside her with this change of plan.

And apparently, the ADC doesn't trust John.  They know he was close to Clay and Shelli and think he'd still work with the remainder of their showmance.  They want Steve to work with them instead (not that that's gonna happen).

Edited by Donny Ketchum

I don't mind them not fully trusting Becky and John, but I don't get their veto idea, because if they are in agreement to vote out Vanessa, what's the point in messing with Becky's plan if the end result is Vanessa going home either way? If they want to vote out Shelli instead, then fair enough (although that would be awfully odd after their whole spiel about following the HOH's wishes), but if they still plan on voting Vanessa out, just taking Steve off so that they can amuse themselves by watching Shelli and Vanessa play against each other seems oddly cruel (Feeds gold, of course, but oddly cruel) AND would irritate Becky. So what's the point?

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 3

Maybe the point could be that it puts Vanessa v Shelli which causes disarray and disention among the opposing alliance. I don't know if J&J are thinking that, but it could be a thought. If they actually do it, it would be a 4-4 vote, right? Or maybe not, since then Becky would vote out Vanessa and Shelli would stay feeling betrayed, which is not to the Austwins benefit. Maybe it that case they unanimously evict Vanessa.

Jàckie is cracking me up. She isn't having any of it any more. I think she would be thrilled to just get out Vanessa next week and she would be happy. Of course, she could also follow her out the door since it's a double eviction. I like how she is having fun and loyal with James & Meg and to a lesser degree with Becky. It will be interesting if the James, Jackie or Meg do win POV. Some real drama there.

• Love 5

You know what I'm enjoying about this week? The fact that the sixth sense gloated a few weeks ago that they had the numbers and controlled the votes. I hate it when alliances get all giddy so early in the season about this nonsense. Now, I do acknowledge that they were working on the knowledge that the BOB was still happening, but they have to assume that it will end at some point, and at that point if one of them does not win HOH, they do not have the numbers.

And this week, they don't even control the vote. And why do they not control the vote? Because they (primarily Vanessa) have managed to alienate "floaters" into no longer being floaters. See: Becky and Johnny Mac.

The ADC is doomed, they won't win a questions based comp, but the sixth sense is learning a valuable lesson in Big Brother - never get cocky about having the numbers. Because it very well could bite you in the ass.

Watching the video of the fight yesterday makes me want Vanessa to just go. She's Audrey at this point. She's all over the place. I no longer believe she's a strategic mastermind, there's too much evidence to the contrary for me. I mean, if she had her way on Wednesday, Shelli would've exposed Becky to everyone. Becky, who won HOH. Because Vanessa felt the need to create a new target for the next HOH before knowing who would be the next HOH. That's just horrible strategy (although I was really hoping it would've happened, because it would've been awesome).

• Love 10